Start by marking “The Rules (Off-Limits, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rules (Off-Limits, #2)

The Rules

(Off-Limits #2)

An older-brother's-best-friend romance

When you're a guy, the rules are simple. Live by the Bro Code:
Rule #2: Don’t ever leave him stranded.
Rule #3: Never, ever, touch his sister.

Aw, hell. Two out of three ain't bad.
----------
Warning: This story contains mature humor, a lot of cursing, and of course, sexual situations. It’s intended for adul
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 324 pages
Published February 2nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Rules, please sign up.
Elizabeth Brown Hey Noor!
I've got an update... It's coming Feb 2nd 2016 :)
Pre-order is up on amazon.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! The Rules (stand-alone), book 2. Rules are made to be broken with best friend’s baby sister!

I was lucky enough to beta read this last year. But when book released I was swamped with work project. I owe this book and author a review...

Books in The Off-Limits series are stand-alones, but most enjoyed if read in order:
Book 1: The Lessons
Book 2: The Rules
Book 3: The Mistakes

The Rules (stand-alone book 2) is about wanting something that is off limits.

Hotel empire heir and executive Lambo Ch
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****3.75 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

photo 375e86a6bd14932caf03be3a556e0368_zpsnclvudlv.jpg

This story contained two of my favorite tropes – second chance romance & romance with the older brother’s best-friend. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in the series and was anxious to get my hands on this one, but in my opinion, the first one is still my favorite.

Ainsley Andrews is the little sister of Ryan, the hero of book one. She works in the local library and lives with her brother and his girlfriend. Ainsley hasn’t been out wi
Liz

"I'm not leaving you alone."~Lambo
description

The Rules is the second book in the Off-Limits Series. In The Lessons (the first book in the series), we met Ryan's best friend Lambo and Ryan's sister Ainsley. What happens when a forbidden fling transforms into a heart stopping, swoon worthy, sexually charged romance story? The Rules! This stand alone read is guaranteed to make you laugh, cry, and swoon. Get your kindles ready now! Lambo and Ainsley's story is one that you will not want to miss.

"Trust me
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 STARS
WARNING. Unpopular Opinion alert and plenty of spoilers to follow.
I typically try to abstain from any and all spoilers in my reviews, but it really can't be helped here. So if you don't want to know, please don't read. You've been warned.
Please remember...

And this is just mine. So do take this with a grain of salt. I'm the only one of my GR friends that didn't enjoy this. I'd suggest you read it and judge for yourself. That noted, let's move on to the review, shall we?

So...The Rules. Th
NiCoLeTa E.
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4 "the Pu$$y whisperer" stars***

When i read the first book, everyone was saying to me that the second book was way much better...
I have to agree and to disagree with them at the same time...

Yep, i had a really good time while i was reading "The Rules" and in my opinion was funnier than "The Lessons" but for me the first book had a little bit better storyline....
No, don't get me wrong!!! I liked them both very much and i had a great time while i was reading them, but i liked different things
Beverly
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ainsley is Ryan’s sister and Lambo is Ryan’s best friend. That’s right, brother’s best friend - those magic words that get me so excited to start a book. Elizabeth sold this book to me with those few lines, but I was impressed to see this story is also more.

Ainsley and Lambo meet at Ryan and Lambo’s graduation, but Ainsley is only sixteen. While Lam and Ains have a hot make-out session luckily it doesn’t go any further once he learns her age. The story picks up eight years later right before th
XxTainaxX
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Alright folks, I'll start off by saying that at first, I didn't think I'd end up liking this book. Lambo's narrative starts out a lotta bit obnoxious and cocky. Then there's the many many problems Ainsley is dealing with. All very serious. One? Ok Two? Ok Three? All serious? -.- The narrative for Ains starts off immature to boot. I will say that what saves this book for me is the growth. The characters I rolled my eyes at in the beginning weren't the same ones that get their HEA. It was the mome ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

Perfect...that's what Lambo was for Ainsley and I'm definitely shocked to say the least. Gone was the manwhore...there wasn't even a blimp on the radar for any other woman and that was truly impressive!

Lambo and Ainsley have a history where they shared some passionate kisses at his and Ainsley's brother's, Ryan, graduation party. Lambo had no idea she was Ryan' sister or that she was sixteen! Needless to say, things did not evolve from there.

Through the years, most people thought they k
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 "Lam and His Numbers" Stars!
ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
 photo The Rules - Elizabeth Brown_zpsy8jnxkqw.png

Thank God I decided to continue reading this series, thank God! Yesterday I was left with bittersweet feelings because I did not enjoy The Lessons as much as I expected. But! I continued with the second book because I recieved the ARC and also because I was kind of curious about the characters of this story. And it was a great choice!

The Rules is the second installment in the Off Limits series by Elizabe
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: The Rules
Series: Off-Limits #2
Author: Elizabeth Brown
Release date: February 2, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

The Rules is a lighthearted, fast and easy adventure through a manwhore's loss of his hit it and quit it lifestyle. It's told in alternating POV, so not only do we get the funny inner thoughts of the ultimate ladies man, we also get Ainsley's side of the story which I feel gave the book a better balance had it just been the male POV.

If you're a fan of t
Michelle
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Lambo is so hot luv him

Ainsley an Lambo have know each other for a while Lambo is the best friend of Ainsley brother Ryan she had a smooch an a lil grope with Lambo at Ryan's graduation but he didn't know how she was at the time he thought she was so gorgeous an Lambo bein Lambo he had to have her but now yrs have gone by Ye they still see each other but they think that they don't like each other when actually they
rheeza
First off,

I NEED TO WIPE THIS STUPID GRIN OFF MY FACE!

But I can’t! This book left me feeling warm and good inside. It was filled with humor, sexy times, heartbreaking sadness and uplifting hope. I LOVED IT!!

The Rules is the second installment in the Off Limits series. It’s about Ainsley Andrews who we already met in the first book. She still suffers the mental consequences of a difficult childhood but it doesn’t mean she will stop from finding the right man who can fix her “problem” even if that
Elizabeth Brown
Dec 02, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Oh heeey!!
This one almost never goes on sale but right now you can grab it for 99c!
-----
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 09, 2015 added it
Recommends it for: Elizabeth Brown Fans, Romance
Took the Test
Back in the day when I was in school, you would find a teacher you liked and would sign up for another class they were teaching...anticipating a repeat of loving the course. Sometimes it worked just like that...and then sometimes it didn't.

This was an experience of the teacher missing the mark...for me.
Here's hoping the next semester of learning turns out better with a new subject...
~~~~~ Before Reading ~~~~~
Hey, I learned my Lessons....
So I would say I am ready for

The Rules (Off
Vasiliki
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

ARC kindly provided by the author via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Lambo and Ainsley! A story about old-brother's-best-friend love! A kind of forbidden love! I have to say that I really liked this book! The plot was moving fast and the story was interesting. The best part of the book was the writting. Ms. Brown wrote this book from a dual POV but it felt like Lambo and Ainsley were speaking directly to me and not to themselves! Their comments and tho
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed The Lessons and fell a little bit in lust with Lambo, so I was excited to read The Rules, but I had no idea I was going to love it so friggin much. Wow. Funny, sexy and a romance that will make you swoon. Lambo... Where do I start? Such a lovable ass. His thoughts cracked me up. There is nothing better than watching a player fall and fall HARD. Ainsley was a great h very likable and not the least bit annoying in any way. I have one last bit to say, but I'm going to put it in spo ...more
Mira
4.5 'Spooning' Stars

When you’re a guy, the rules are simple. Live by the Bro Code:
Rule #2: Don’t ever leave him stranded.
Rule #3: And never, ever, touch his sister.
Aw hell, two out of three ain’t bad.

description

Firstly I'll start by saying that I didn't love the book, but I did like it very much. I liked that it was written in both characters' point of view, I found that by reading Lambo's thoughts, it really helped me see how he changes from a playboy to something different
Michelle
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Refresher:
Although this can be read as a standalone – The Rules is the second book in the Off-Limits Series. Book one was The Lessons and featured Natalie & Ryan. In The Lessons we meet Ainsley (Ryan’s troubled little sister) and Lambo (Ryan’s best friend). I do recommend that you read these in order to get the full effect and complete spoiler free story.

Ainsley has tried everything to get over her issues with intimacy. EVERYTHING. But nothing seems to work. Now, twenty-four years old, it se
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I felt like this was better than "just ok" 3 stars, but not quite a full "I liked it" 4 stars -- so I'm going to go in the middle with 3.5. I liked the characters and I felt their connection, but I still felt like something was missing. Even though we do address some heavy subjects when we get some history on these characters, I felt like we didn't get as deep into them as we could've. I enjoyed it. It just won't go down as all that memorable or on my favorites shelf.
Mercedes
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, new-adult
Lambo totally stole my heart in this story, I knew I'd like him from the brief glimpse we had in The Lessons but I didn't think I'd like him more than I liked Ryan...I did. Lambo and Ainsley were so amazing together, I truly loved their story. They both developed a lot over the course of the book and learned to rely on one another and to trust one another.
You look like...fucking...banana bread.

Ainsley was such a strong heroine. She had a lot of shit going on and she handled it all really wel
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
First book I read by this author was The Lessons so when I saw that she had another book out called The Rules you know I had to go pick that one up. Just the name alone lets you know that this is going to be one sexy read and I was not wrong.

Okay, where to even start with this. When you take one manwhore and align him with one librarian with major issues about sex, who happens to be your best friend's sister, you have the basis for a story that is going to wrap you up and suck you right in.

Full
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, good-banter
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.

It's official! I'm an Elizabeth Brown fan! This is the second book I have read from E Brown and I have loved both of them! Her stories are unique. I mean, The Lessons is about a 30 year old Virgin going to a sex sarrogate. Right??? And The Rules is about a girl that suffers from Vaginismus. How crazy of a story line can you get and yet the author did such a good job she totally sold me on both!

I loved The Lessons but I loved The Rules even more. You
Samantha
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 I think I'd prefer the term pussy-whisperer, sweetheart stars. Lam and Ainsley were passionate, quirky, entertaining and so much fun to fall in love with and watch fall in love. The first time the couple meet is at her brother's college graduation party because Lam's her brother's good friend and frat brother. Ever since that meeting there's been tension between them but neither one realizes that the other doesn't hate them but want them.

Ainsley's got her own issues which is the reason her
PBW
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ladies and gentlemen, i present THE RULES!!!! i couldn't resist doing that, sorry #sorrynotsorry
When you're a guy, the rules are simple. Live by the Bro Code:
Rule #2: Don’t ever leave him stranded.
Rule #3: Never, ever, touch his sister.

Aw, hell. Two out of three ain't bad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ARC provided to me by the author via netgalley in exchange for an honest review
The book is written in both POV'S( yaaay!...in case you haven't noti
Mandy
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't like Lam for maybe the first 60% of this book. I didn't like his internal monologue that although at times was funny, it was also a little annoying (view spoiler) but it's more of my own personal preferences. Anyways, I wasn't feeling Lam but then ...more
T.S. Pagan
Feb 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
freud

Rape vs. Romance
I’m going to rant about something that’s been bothering me for a while.
For the last few years I’m noticing a really big increase on female characters who are rape victims; which for the most part, I’m okay with it, if it wasn’t for the fact that it appears that’s more of an excuse for every character flaw. When was it that rape became an excuse?
It’s come to the point where I think we are becoming a little desensitized to rape. I mean, seriously, the girl goes through one of the w
Carlene Inspired
ARC received via Netgalley.

The Rules is book two in the Off-Limits series, in this book we see Ainsley, Ryan's little sister, meeting Lambo at his and Ryan's graduation. She's all purple haired and adult looking at 16 and in that moment she becomes untouchable. Lambo knows best-friend guy code, especially when it comes to sisters. Now an adult, Ainsley is still closed off and Lambo, well he's always thought she hated him. Spending time together is inevitable though, especially when they go on a
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating: 4.5★

“He’s not a Mercedes. That man is a fucking Lamborghini.”

The Rules is all about rules. But not literally. I think, no, I know what I loved about this book is the underlying topic that should have been given more attention. But before that, and anything else, well, let me tell you, I LOVE LAMBO! they should be in caps locked because intense man, intense.

Ryan is a sex therapist, and The Lessons should be read before diving and reading this story. I know, I know. This is a stand-a
My Pink Fairytales
“I’m not religious, but: Sweet Jesus Mother-of-Mary.”

Yep, that should do it. THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING! Ten times better than the first one in the series and I really liked that one.
In case you missed it, The Lessons was about Ryan and Natalie. Ryan’s baby sister, Ainsley and Ryan’s best friend, Lambo Christie are getting together in this one.

Things are quite simple:
Ainsley is 24-year-old and suffers from vaginismus, which means she’s basically a virgin because nothing can go in. Nada. Zip. No ma
Briana
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Reread 2018. I thought this was still a delight to read. I love these characters, and I’m excited to read the next book*

Oh this second addition to the Off-Limits series was actually better than the first book!

I felt this second book in the series was more entertaining, and definitely more erotic. It was just so good! So a big thank you to the author for writing Ains and Lam's story. This was written wonderfully.

First off, the characters again MADE this story. I love how throughout every event
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Sugar Baby Lies
  • Bully & Exit (The Midwest Series, #1)
  • Irresistible (Something in Common, #4)
  • A Mating Moon (The Last Traces of Smoke, #1)
  • Play It Again (Play It Again, #1)
  • The Art of Touch
  • One Week to Score (Tall, Dark, and Texan, #3)
  • Alpha Mail
  • Pleasure Extraordinaire 4 (Pursuit, #7)
  • Out in Time
  • Stripped Down (Stripped #2)
  • Surrender
  • Imperfect Love (4Ever, #1)
  • 30 Days
  • Meet Me
  • All I Need: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • Heaven Can't Wait
  • Fast Time (Racing on the Edge #8)
I write kissing books. But with a lot more than just kissing.😉
👉 https://amzn.to/2Okroac
I love travel 🛫, tacos 🌮, and all things girly💄💕🌸

Come find me online:

Facebook: facebook.com/groups/elizabethbrownsre...
Twitter: @elizbrownauthor
Email: liz dot brownish at gmail dot com
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/eliza...
Sign up for my newsletter and be the first to find out about new releases: htt

Off-Limits (3 books)
  • The Lessons (Off-Limits, #1)
  • The Mistakes (Off-Limits, #3)