Start by marking “Out of the Rain” as Want to Read:
Out of the Rain

Out of the Rain

Mitch never knew what awaited him when he answered his elderly neighbour’s calls. Finding a stranger crying in her backyard was a new one. Little did he know that rescuing Elijah out of the rain was going to change his life.

Elijah is too young, too good looking, and too bruised for Mitch to consider falling in love with. But Elijah is soon in his house, in his bed, and i
Published July 10th 2015 by Renae Kaye

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Rain

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Renae Kaye stories are crackalicious!

Despite the initial angst, this is a feel-good, lightly sexy story about a burly electrician and the skinny, dark-haired guy he finds drunk in the rain.

The 15 year age gap wasn't an issue, and I liked the hurt/comfort theme, although the resolution to Elijah's issues was a little too easy.

The ending is a fluffy & sweet HEA, my favorite kind.

P.S. The cover has absolutely nothing to do with the story. There's no BDSM and
Susan
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Mitch finds a drunken stranger in the yard of his neighbor. The stranger turns out to be 23 year old Elijah who just got kicked out of the house by his parent.

You know, if we should believe MM books then 80% of the LGBT youth is homeless and in desperate need of some cuddles.
I volunteer!
description

Mitch takes him in and cares for him. Elijah is not some shy boy, he knows what he wants and what he wants is Mitch in his bed.

Thabed.
Kat
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it

Made me go

approximately 51 times but I'm not holding that against it because sometimes, just sometimes, you need to read something that is light and fluffy and sweet and that will make you feel for a time that everything is okay with the world.

This did that for me.
Gigi
Jul 11, 2015 marked it as back-burner-for-now
Where the fuck have I been that I didn't know about this???
Justin
4+ stars

Oh my, that was delicious! Sweet and smuty, just the way I like 'em. In fact I haven't met a Renae Kaye book yet that I didn't love.

The May-December aspect of this shorty was handled superbly. It was an issue but not to the point of exhaustion. The relationship between Mitch and Elijah came across as explosive and romantic and not at all perverted, in my opinion.

Favorite lines: (view spoiler)
Ami
Considering this is a short story, I should've expected the quick turnabout in the relationship stage. Still, I thought Elijah's 'switch' from the drunk and helpless young man whom Mitch found in his neighbor's backyard ((view spoiler)) to a flirty and helpful person was way too quick for my taste.

Other
BWT (Belen)
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2015
A sweet quickie.

My only disappointment is Ash and Devon, who we first met in Safe in His Arms, were mentioned, but I never got to see them come around to meet Mitch.
Amy
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very cute no-angst story! I loved it! Twenty something Elijah falls for 38-year-old blue collar Mitch. I only wish it had been longer :)
Arch Bala
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, shorts, dyslexia
From Blinding Light to this lovely short story and everything in between, Renae Kaye never failed to deliver the goods! On her second year as an MM author, she hasn’t come up with a missed yet as far as I’m concern. Out of the Rain is an endearing story compressed in a 38-page ebook and truthfully, I would’ve love a longer version because of its lovely characters with lovely personalities! This is such a great appetizer for her next novel You Are the Reason (The Tav #2) by Renae Kaye coming out next week! Excited Much!

Read this one booboos! ^^
Anke
Perhaps 3.5 stars

I liked it, sadly it was just too short. It felt more like a synopsis, only the highlights/most important scenes were shown. I would have enjoyed reading it as a full-length novel.
Ele
*3.5 stars*

Well done, but why so short? I wanted more.

Sunny
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Maybe 2.5?

I usually like storylines like this, especially with the age gap, but I think this one was too short for me. Too much suspension of reality as everything happened so fast and I wasn't feeling it. Also, there was too much telling, not enough showing, especially in the sex scenes. Don't tell me hot stuff happened, I want details or it's just frustrating.

Elijah seemed to have no problem with anything along the lines of being sexual with me. Hard, soft, rough, dirty— he lux/>Elijah
Makhda
That was so sweet. I don't particularly like f*ck buddy plot. But I really liked this one! <3
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
WTF? A Renae Kaye that I only just found out about? Seriously? WTF?

Kelly L
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet story. The 38-year-old electrician and the 23-year-old looks-like-a model MCs meet in a very interesting way. It's a short story and it's predictable but it's done well and was very enjoyable. I absolutely wanted more.

Side note: The cover has nothing whatsoever to do with the story other than the fact that the guy on the cover fits the description given of the younger MC. But any similarities stop there.

There is zero BDSM and zero angst. The chain and his hands above his head and hus wra
♥~♥❇ ★~Lyne~★ ❇♥~♥
Absolute perfection! Superb! I wanted more. I could've keept on reading more about Mitch and Elijah. There's nothing I could say that hasn't already been said. The only thing I could say is shame on you if you haven't read this yet.

Head on over to amazons to purchase it's only $0.99 best 99 cents I ever spent.

My favorite line.
"Holy shit. If that's what fifteen years of experience gives you, then those who chase teen boys have no idea what there missing."

This is why
namericanwordcat
I liked everything in this novella. The cover has nothing to do with the book.

It is sweet hot age difference romance and the couple time is good. However, neither hero gets the development he deserves and there should be more communication but it is a nice way to spend an afternoon.
Lisa
Shelves: july, 2015
Very charming quick read!
Jewel
3.5 Stars

Oh, how I would LOVE to read an expanded version of this story. It's Renae Kaye, so I know I would love it, but it's so short! So, of course, the timeline was too compressed. *pouty face*

Still enjoyable, though.
Tess
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet romance between two men with a fairly large age gap (15 years). Mitch rescues the much younger Elijah and takes him in. They each start to realize they can provide just what the other needs.
Bev
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute quickie from Renae.
Feliz
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Cute little story. I love this author's trademark blue collar/ bookish type pairings.
Don't be fooled by the cover. There's no BDSM whatsoever

Dee Wy
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - Sweet little story of unexpected love for a blue-collar guy! Nice, quick read.
* Nikki
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I liked it because it's from Renae Kaye. I mean, come on. Renae Kaye. But I disliked it because it was just not up to Kaye's usual standard. Too...surface. Too quick. And yeah, I know it's a short, but I've read shorts that managed to delve into deeper emotional territory, so I know it's possible. This one just left me slightly unsatisfied.
Sarah_loves_books
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was very nice. It felt real somehow, even the sex.

PS. The cover has nothing to do with the story.
V
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short but wonderful story.
Trio
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
it was a nice story - not very deep but pleasant just the same.
Molli B.
This was pretty meh. I really liked the beginning and the premise, but I thought that once they'd picked up Elijah's stuff, everything was way too easy and way too glossed over. I sort of lost touch with the story right when things were getting good.

This easily could have been longer, more detailed, better filled out—it would have helped us get in better touch with the characters. For example, when Mitch asks Elijah if he wants to tell him about what happened with his parents, we get "And he di
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Shadow Bound
  • With This Ring
  • Twelfth of Never (Blind Faith #3.5)
  • Bring Him Home
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Southern Winterland (By Degrees, #0.5)
  • A Very D Christmas (Zero at the Bone, #1.4)
  • First Class Package
  • That One Thing (Alex and Jared - The College Years, #1)
  • Priceless (Irresistible Attraction, #1)
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Hair of the Dog (Sinners, #1.5)
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • His Heart Belongs to Daddy
  • To Feel the Sun
  • Holding the Edge (Cold War #2)
  • What You Do To Me (Breathe, #1.5)
  • Disciplinary Action
Renae Kaye is a lover and hoarder of books who thinks libraries are devilish places because they make you give the books back. She consumed her first adult romance book at the tender age of thirteen and hasn’t stopped since. After years – and thousands of stories! – of not having book characters do what she wants, she decided she would write her own novel and found the characters still didn’t do w ...more