Start by marking “Solstice at Stonewylde” as Want to Read:
Solstice at Stonewylde

Solstice at Stonewylde (Stonewylde #3)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  325 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Solstice at Stonewylde is the third book in the series, and follows on from Moondance of Stonewylde.

This 2007 edition has since been revised and expanded by Kit Berry and re-issued by Gollancz.
Published October 31st 2007 by Moongazy Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Solstice at Stonewylde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solstice at Stonewylde

Christopher
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Vamp Jade Williams
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who never wants to put a book down!
Emma Cooper
Sep 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Solstice of Stonewylde is the third (and currently the last completed) novel in Kit Berry's Stonewylde series. At the end of Moondance of Stonewylde, Sylvie is suffering under Magus' cruel desire to siphon off her moon magic and Yul's life is in permanent danger.

Solstice is the story of how the final days of the prophecy unfold. At Yul's birth Mother Heggy prophesised that he would come to challenge the Magus on his 16th birthday (the day of the Winter Solstice) and only one of them would surviv
Blodeuedd Finland
If you thought I hated the Magus before then that is nothing compared to now. No, strike that. I do not hate him, he disgust me now. If he was on fire I would not spit on him, I would not even think about it. He is slowly rotting inside in this one, and finally, people start to notice.

But I will go back a step. This book was just so emotional. I did not want to stop because I had to know! Could this sorry excuse for a human being be stopped?!

The magus has tried to kill Yul or break him more tha
Andy Angel
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With "Solstice", book three in the Stonewylde series author Kit Berry continues to go from strength to strength.
This is a much darker book than the previous two. Both the main characters, Yul and Sylvie, start the book in a dark place and as the tensions build toward the prophesied endgame at the Winter Solstice things do not get better for them. The character of Magus is a scarily bad man, sometimes "villains" in literature can be a bit too cardboard and pantomime like but he is believable in
Aileen
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Solstice at Stonewylde is the third book in a five book series by author Kit Berry. The fifth Shaman of Stonewylde is due out in Oct 2012. You have to read all the books.

This is the first book, which the characters had grapped my attention, making me want to find out what happens. This has been a slow progress starting in Magus bk1, building in Moondance bk2.

I will never give away anything from a story. I’m not mean like that.

This book is full of tension and suspense. As a reader I was grippe
Carole-Ann
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
OK, had to go on to see how Sylvie and Yul manage to outwit Magus and his increasing decline into irrationality.....

Again, the story is predictable; Yul gets poisoned and nearly dies; Sylvie realises (eventually) what Magus ACTUALLY wants to do with/to her; and the ending is satisfying in that I thought it was THE END.

Nope. No such luck. I believe there are two more books to come, but I can't see them getting any better.
Micki
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.
Rich descriptions of nature and the buildings of Stonewylde. It's easy to get lost and escape in these books. I've lost sleep because I wanted to get to the end but now I feel a sense of loss that its over. Kit Berry's descriptions of the Festivals are beautiful and the undercurrent of abuse of power and materialism being mankind's ruin threads throughout. makes me want to have a simpler life and move to Stonewylde.
Dawn   Nicholson
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third book of the Stonewylde collection and the best yet, enthralling climax as the destiny of Yul & Sylvie's future unfolds. As soon as I finish one of these book's I always feel desperate to return to Stonewylde... Will do so in July when I recieve the 4th Book in this series.
Amy Lynn Lynn
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those rare books (series) that I could actually read again. I have never had a book take me so fully into the story that I see every tiniest detail and feel the feelings of the characters so intensely as this story does. Recommend a million times.
Alison
Oct 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
These books are engrossing easy reading. I found myself caught up in the plot and the characters and started to imagine that the place was real! There are some proper goodies and baddies and in places you want to boo and hiss!
Can't wait for the next book to see how the story further develops.
Shawna
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
cool ending but not the end, the author decided to write 2 more books, not yet out.
Codee Dillon
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best one so far!!! Can't wait to read the next one!
Jane Love
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yul over throws Magnus and ends up the Magnus of the Stonewylde as foretold 16 years earlier he also ends up been Handfasted to his Moongazer Sylvie
Jennifer Henschel
Yeah...continuing in the awesomeness of this series!
BookLoversLife
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. Each book brings new things for Yul and Sylvie to deal with. I was on the edge of my seat reading it and rooting for Yul and Sylvie. Cant wait for the next one :)
Tracey  Wilde
Jan 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Tied up very neatly so no idea what will happen in Volume 4. I thought credibility was stretched a bit far towards the end.
Witchypoo
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
superb an excellent read that doesn;t disappooint
PWRL
Kayleigh
May 17, 2010
Emma Batey
Jul 03, 2014
  • Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons
  • Rebel Girl (Secrets at St Jude's, #4)
  • Witches, Druids and King Arthur
  • Seeing Stars
  • The Celtic Shaman: A Handbook (Earth Quest)
  • A Star Shall Fall (Onyx Court, #3)
  • Popular Magic: Cunning-folk in English History
  • The Wicker Man
  • The Crone: Woman of Age, Wisdom, and Power
  • Living with Honour: A Pagan Ethics
  • Animism: Respecting the Living World
  • The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual
  • Dusk (Dusk, #1)
  • Keep the Faith (Faith, #2)
  • Cruel Summer
  • The Isles of the Many Gods: An A-Z of the Pagan Gods & Goddesses Worshipped in Ancient Britain During the First Millenium Ce Through to the Middle
  • Celtic Traditions: Druids, Faeries, and Wiccan Rituals
  • Counting Stars

Stonewylde (5 books)
  • Magus of Stonewylde (Stonewylde, #1)
  • Moondance of Stonewylde (Stonewylde, #2)
  • Shadows at Stonewylde (Stonewylde, #4)
  • Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde, #5)