Start by marking “A Dream for Love (Possible Dreams, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Dream for Love (Possible Dreams, Book 1)

A Dream for Love (Possible Dreams, Book 1)

WILL THEY DARE TO DREAM A DREAM FOR LOVE?

“Sold!”

When the gavel hit the wooden block at the Possible Dreams Auction, Laurel Simmons sat in stunned silence. Her sister had lost her mind, purchasing a week
Published July 28th 2015 by Washashore Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Dream for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dream for Love

Sandra Orchard
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story! I had the pleasure of reading A Dream for Love while visiting the story’s setting—Martha’s Vineyard. What fun to experience the places along with the characters. And the characters—Laurel, Ryan, little Gracie, and Laurel’s sister—are so wonderfully developed.

At the beginning, I wondered how the hero could possibly become a man I’d want the heroine to end up with by the end of the story, but I soon found myself falling for him right along with Laurel and her daughter. It w
Diana
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book to read! When her sister gives her a present of staying in a movie star's home, Laurel feels she can't accept it. When she finally embraces the idea that a little peace and quiet might do her and her daughter some good, she finds out that the movie star is staying in his home too. Ryan was supposed to be on a movie set, but his carousing style gets him sent for a time out. Little does he know that Lauren;s 4 year old will touch him in a way that none of those women had e ...more
Andrea Lundgren
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The book description is a little long, and the book was, too, yet I enjoyed it. I don’t regularly read Christian Romance–I find it’s usually too touchy-feely for my taste–but I wanted to read this one because its premise reminded me of a story idea I’d once read in a writing book, and I wanted to see how Ms. Belcastro had worked out the details.

And I really liked what she does with the concept.

Narration: 3 out of 5. It wasn’t amazi
Deb Haggerty
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Deb’s Dozen: Spontaneous Charity Auction Bid Yields A Dream for Love – Happily Ever After!

Laurel Simmons was stunned. Her sister, obviously out of her mind, had just bid on and won a week’s vacation for two at actor Ryan Crandall’s beach house on Martha’s Vineyard. And then, Tammy announced she was giving the “dream” vacation to Laurel for an early birthday present.

Laurel sputters and protests, but a month later, she and her daughter, Gracie, a precocious four-year-old, arrive at the home for th
Debbie
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you want to read a feel good clean love story with the message that it is never to late for God to change your life that also has a little mystery mixed in then "A Dream For Love" by Lisa Belcastro is the book to read!

I was hooked from the first word in the novel, which was "Sold!" I was asking my self what was sold and why? I had no idea what the book was about because I didn't read the back description or anything, all I know about the book was the title and the cover picture.

While reading
Kav
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seriously in love with Princess Gracie (Laurel's daughter). A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e doesn't do justice to the 'little squirt'. This is as much her story as it is Laurel's and Ryan's.

And speaking of Ryan. Ugh. When we first meet him he is definitely not hero material. Full of himself. Spoiled. Shallow. Womanizer. He is a product of all the vices that fame offers...until...Princess Gracie works her magic. That's when my frozen heart started melting, scene by delectable scene.

Laurel's not immune to 'Pri
Nancee
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Laurel, Gracie and Ryan represent much more than the eye beholds. Laurel and Ryan each own dark secrets from the past. Neither is interested in a relationship, and steer clear of each other. Princess Gracie finds Prince Ryan enchanting! A four-year-old treated like a princess becomes a princess, and her mother is entranced by the relationship.

A beautiful, developing romance that may go nowhere, is enhanced by the closeness and tenderness that Ryan exhibits with Gracie. Ryan's good points seem t
Karla
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I was caught up in this novel from the first sentence of Chapter One: "Sold!" the auctioneer smacked the gavel on the sound block." Immediately, my curiosity level rose to a high level! I wanted to know what was sold, who bought it, what would happen next!!! The plot in this newest novel by Lisa Belcastro is fast moving, full of action, and compels you to keep turning the pages until the very last page of the book. There were constantly surprising twists and turns that will shock the reader. It
Melanie Snitker
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-reads

Gracie, especially, kept me smiling. I have a four-year-old daughter myself and she and Gracie could have been twins. Every time I read about something Gracie did or said, I found myself nodding because that's exactly how my daughter would have reacted. Loved it!

I enjoyed the way the author introduced Ryan and gradually worked to help the reader get to know him. She managed to remind us of his ties as an actor but didn't focus on his time on set, which I liked.

I felt like the first couple of c
Barbara
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by author Lisa Belcastro and I enjoyed reading it. It had a little bit of happiness, humor, mystery and a few tears all in the story. The characters were well written as where the description of the scenes. I felt I’ve learned a bit about Martha’s Vinyard.

The story is about a single mother, Laurel, and her young daughter, Gracie. Laurel’s sister wins a week stay at a movie star’s home. The movie star, Ryan, wasn’t too pleased to find out she was at his home when he came bac
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Laurel and Ryan's story. Laurel Simmons has been working hard to raise her four year old daughter Gracie and to keep her hidden from her father who wanted her dead. Laurel's sister Tammy surprised her with a dream vacation at famous actor Ryan Crandall's house for a week, though Laurel wasn't so sure.
Ryan Crandall just wanted to hide out at his house on Martha's Vineyard Island until the latest scandal dies down but runs into unwanted guests he's determined to get rid of. Laur
Beth Erin
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish

"A single mother with a secret past. A Hollywood star who's life is anything but hidden. Will the past deprive them of a future? Or will they dare to dream a dream for love?"
Laurel Simmons is doing everything she can to protect her small daughter from the secret of her past. Ryan Crandall has turned away from his small town values for a life of fame and fortune. Sparks fly when they collide at his beach house and he gets a glimpse of what life could be if he'd l
Dermot Davis
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A well told and clean romance that fulfills the maxim that you're never too old to dream nor are your dreams ever too big for them to come true. Even if your dream is to be romanced by a movie star, never tell yourself that it can't happen or that you are not enough in some way for the wish to become reality. The fact that Laurel was a single mom may have seemed like the dream would be harder but little Gracie is such an adorable heart-stealer, she actually helped enormously to make it happen. I ...more
Ann
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book It is the perfect mixture of romance, faith and mystery that had me caught up in the lives of the characters from the first pages and kept me reading. I read it in one setting because I couldn't put it down. The author has created characters that made you feel as if you knew them personally, and I was totally captivated with Gracie, an adorable and precocious little girl who lives in her own fairy tale world. I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest re ...more
Maria
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“A Dream for Love," by Lisa Belcastro is a moving story about love and new beginnings. I love Gracie, a loving child whose view of the world is inspiring. I was enthralled how Ryan’s character developed through the story. Towards the end of the book it was suspenseful, and I found myself holding my breath.

This is a beautifully written story. Belcastro has a talent for developing and giving life to captivating characters. The format of the book is beautifully done. I would love to see this story
Bhriv
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a dreamy book! Loved the Prince/Princess theme throughout it! Who does want to have your dreams come true?!
My favorite character was Ryan because he was such a jerk in the beginning of the book. Could a Hollywood actor really be nice?!
This book was beautifully written, weaving Christ throughout the life of a single mom's everyday life and how beautiful He can make it with faith.
This is the first book I've read by this author, but look forward to reading the next book in this series and ot
Robin
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic read. The writing was so good, I experienced all the emotions Laurel was experiencing in this story. Living in fear of being found. Couldn't imagine. There is a hint of another someone in the shadowy background and when he comes forward, what a ride ensues. I loved how the characters developed and grew. The leaning on God is so very evident. I highly recommend this book.
rvagirl
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Belcastro, and I absolutely loved it! I loved the characters, the descriptions, the setting and the romance that blossomed between two seemingly opposite people. I also enjoyed the mystery and suspense that was lightly woven throughout, in just the right way as to not take away from the heart of the story. Easy, breezy, light read for the most part, with just the right amount of bite.
Sandra
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, and well worth 5 stars. Good story line and well written. Single mum Laurel and her daughter Gracie go on what they think is a luxury vacation and end up on an emotional rollercoaster. The story will stay with you well after you've read this book with its twists and turns and its loving characters, I would highly recommend this book. I was given this ARC for an honest review.
JoAnn
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great Christian romance. Secrets, romance and so much more. I love the author's writing style and her ability to make you feel that you actually know the characters. I am looking forward to future books in the series. I was given a copy of the book for this honest review. My thanks to the author for allowing me to read and review her work
Dana Michael
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book captured my attention from the get go. If a book had all the perfect elements in it, then this book does. It has romance, HOT actor, beautiful heroine and an adorable little girl. Add in a funny older sister for humor and an ex for suspense, then this book is perfect. Grab it and enjoy a beautiful fictional story to take you away from reality.
Zada Koury
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! didn't want to put it down ... almost missed my bus stop then couldn't wait to get to my desk at work to read some more before starting the work day!
Cherrilynn Bisbano
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lisa's true to life romance novel captured my attention from page 1. This book would make a great Hallmark movie. Lisa captures the multi-faceted personality of her characters. I grew to love each character. This is a great book to read and re-read.
Cathi
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Princess Gracie is one of the most adorable children I've had the pleasure to meet in an adult book. The love between a mother and daughter has no bounds - and that thought is expressed beautifully throughout this book.
Kathrin Stacked'n'Painted
Unfortunately, this did not work for me. The writing was wonderful, but I didn't get a good feel for the main characters. They always felt hard to grasp and it was a pain to get through. So sad, because it sounded so good in the other reviews...
Shaina The Paina
Christian read.
Corey
Feb 02, 2016
Melissa
rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2015
Sharon Pierson
Aug 19, 2015
Sam
Mar 24, 2016
Lisa Belcastro lives with her family on Martha's Vineyard. She was inspired to write Shenandoah Nights, the first book in the Winds of Change trilogy, while chaperoning two Tisbury School summer sails with her daughter, Kayla, aboard the schooner Shenandoah. The weeklong adventure, sans electricity, Game Boys, iPods and modern conveniences, kindled her imagination to dream of an altogether differe ...more