Start by marking “The Hating Game” as Want to Read:

Nemesis (n.)
1) An opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome;
2) A person’s undoing;
3) Joshua Templeman.
Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman hate each other. Not dislike. Not begrudgingly tolerate. Hate. And they have no problem displaying their feelings through a series of ritualistic passive aggressive maneuvers as they sit across from each other, executive as
Published August 9th 2016 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about The Hating Game, please sign up.
Farjana Why does it matter which city it's in ? Does it change the story ? Would you like to visit the city perhaps ? Sorry if I'm coming off as wrong, I'm…moreWhy does it matter which city it's in ? Does it change the story ? Would you like to visit the city perhaps ? Sorry if I'm coming off as wrong, I'm just curious as to why a city is important than the concept or story of this novel ??(less)
Azzah Hayat Yes, she is. It's called The Comfort Zone and it comes out some time next summer. :)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
5 Stars!!

description

I honestly think 'The Hating Game”' is that kind of book anyone would enjoy – wonderfully written is a very entertaining way, griping from the very beginning and perfect if you love enemies to lovers stories. I’ve read many books with this trope, so trust me when I say Sally Thorne’s debut novel was a great one. More than great actually. It was fabulous! It was fan, entertaining and so refreshing. Needless to say, I devoured this little gem from start to finish.

“I'm twenty-eight year
Wendy Darling
This is somehow a magical blend of adult Sarra Manning + Sarah Mayberry + Jennifer Crusie. It's funny and sharp and serious, with seething workplace rivalry and career drama coupled with crazy great chemistry and delicious banter. It also has unbelievably sweet and tender moments (view spoiler), though you'll easily laugh a minute after that! It captures that weird obsessive behavior you can't help when you first fall in love, ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 3/27/18: Do you ever just love a book so much you read it SIX TIMES? Bc same. I love Lucy 4 ev@.

Re-read 12/30/17: Had to re-read this one last time in 2017 because I love it so damn much. Every time I re-read it I expect to like it less, but I just like it more and more and more every time. This book is my life, y’all.

Re-read 10/31/17: Was feeling a little gloomy so I decided to re-read this book for the 4th time this year and, again, it did NOT disappoint. This book is my everything. I
Katerina
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming (adj.):
Causing pleasant feelings of happiness (and silly, stupid tears you can't stop).

By all means, it was not a sad book. On the contrary, The Hating Game was a funny, sweet, adorable, intoxicating office romance about two sworn enemies that fell in love. And I'm crying because it filled me with so much joy, and hope and love my body can barely contain!

“Both love and hate are mirror versions of the same game-and you have to win. Why? Your heart and your ego.”

Josh is Lucy's ne
Warda
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread.
My heart cannot be contained right now. I'm so in love with this book to the point where I feel sick and my heart wants to burst with happiness. This story leaves me on a high that I cannot come down from. I don't want to. I'm addicted! The whole thing feels so unreal to me, I'm wondering whether something like that actually exists.

For gods sake, I'm all over the place.

But, if you haven't read this book, then do your souls, hearts and eyes a favour and relish and swim in this incredibl
Christy
5 stars!!!

photo 863DAA56-0A9A-40F1-A85F-570D12C930B7_zpsbjay11cd.png

What did I love about The Hating Game? Everything. I loved everything about this book. There is nothing better than finishing a book by an author you’ve never read and having this flying high feeling. I feel freaking giddy right now. I listened to the audio and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I got asked why I was in such a good mood more than once over the few days I listened to it. That, my friends, is an epic book!

What do you do when you’re the nice girl at the office who
Navessa
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Navessa by: Bonnie

"I wish I could use my thumbs to pull his mouth into a huge deranged grin. As the police drag me out in handcuffs I'll be screeching, Smile, goddamn you."

Imagine being so riled by someone that you end up thinking things like the above on a near-hourly basis. That is the kind of relationship the male and female lead in this book have with each other. They're the executive assistants to the joint heads of their company, and are forced to share cubicle space right outside their offices.

Which wo
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
ON HUGE SALE FOR $1.99 RIGHT NOW!!! (usually $11.99) --> https://amzn.to/2ISRjHa

description

I didn't love this. No. I need a stronger word than love.
Obsessed? Infatuated? Giddy? Whatever, take your pick. But Oh My Joshua, I am crazy for everything about this book. The writing, the humor, the lust, the sexual tension, the emotion, the slow delicious burn. This is probably the best enemies to lovers story I have ever read.

description

Lucy Hutton and Josh Templeman work together at Gamin Publishing and Bexley Books
emma
read this for the 3rd time so...probably time to round up that 4.5
------------------------------
just reread this and i stand by this review.

especially the rapunzel gif.
------------------------------
Oh my gosh.

This book was a blast and a half. This is what I looked like when I was reading it:

Well, in my mind at least. In actuality I was reading it off my laptop at 2 a.m., eating cherry water ice and grinning like an idiot. The glow of my laptop screen proba
Chelsea Humphrey
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Leigh Kramer
Shelves: library
4.5 STARS

I've been seeing The Hating Game plastered across my Goodreads feed for well over a year now and avoided it solely due to my phase of being constantly disappointed by the majorly hyped books. I could just about slap myself silly for pushing this aside for so many months, because it was worth the hype and much more. While a little slow in the first few chapters, the story quickly takes off once the scene is set and I'm forced to admit something-I have a serious obsession with love to hat
Candace
OMG! This book had me in stitches! It was hilarious. I listened to the audiobook version and spent the day smiling like a loon while everyone in my house wondered what was so entertaining about doing the laundry.

The story revolves around Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman, two executive assistants forced together when rival publishing companies merge, making their respective bosses co-CEOs. They spend their days antagonizing each other and verbally sparring. I laughed my ass off listening to thei
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"I want to know what's going on in your brain. I want to juice your head like a lemon."

➦This is Sally Thorne's debut novel and I have to say - job well done! I love romcoms and this one certainly hit the spot. A book about two co-workers battling it out in the office. You see, there is an opening for a job which they both want. Let the games begin.
"-What are you imagining? Your expression is filthy."

"-Stangling you. Bare hands."

Lucy is a sweetheart and a people pleaser. So why is it so
Anne
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Normally I hate chick-lity romance, but this is one of those fantastic exceptions that makes me want to reconsider my usual reluctance to read this genre.
In fact, I loved it so much I started to wonder:

description

Apparently, I'm really late to The Hating Game party.
Did my friends just not tell me about this one, or did this come out while I was undergoing all that laser hair removal? Dark times, dark times...
At any rate, I ran across this in my ongoing quest to find funny romances that make my heart go pi
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“I have a theory.
Hating someone feels disturbingly similar to being in love with them.
I've had a lot of time to compare love and hate, and these are my observations.
Love and hate are visceral.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sometimes (but rarely) when I finish a book, I think:
I’d love to read this again.
Like, right now.
Is it too early to already start a reread?
Well, but I want to.
(My tbr-shelf is probably hating me right now)
But... It was so freaking perfect. ♥
If you want to have a feel-nice-book then
Whitney Atkinson
4.5 Stars

Every book needs to take notes from the way this romance is written. It's exactly the type of detailing that I crave in books like this and i'm SO thrilled I finally got the chance to read this and add to my list of new favorites, even though it wasn't perfect.

The beginning of this book needs to be fleshed out a lot more. We’re told that Lucy haaates Josh, but there’s nothing substantial to back that up, and she kinda just tells the reader HE’S HORRIBLE AND ANNOYING AND I’VE HATED HIM F
❄️Nani❄️
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
So I finally read the romance book that took GR and other book communities by storm and... I liked it? It was okay. And cute.
I wouldn’t say I fell madly in love with it like most people did but it was fun. That’s about it.

Let me preface this by saying that I wanted to (really) love it. I truly and genuinely did but the fact of the matter is that fluffy contemporary romance novels just aren’t my thing. I tried.
If given the choice, I’d always go for plot-driven books-at least for the most part-
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 HR STARS

description

Lovers of the enemies to lover’s trope will inhale this well written love story. If you are back and forth due to the pricing of this story please note that it is worth the price tag and I don’t regret my purchase in the least. The story is 5 star quality for its chemistry, banter, and unique story line. I adored both characters and their fall but those games were such a good time over 5 stars for entertainment value.

description

When two companies merge mixing stuffy suit types with the creative
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Reasons why I loved The Hating Game

1. Lucy Hutton
2. Josh Templeman
3. The banter
4. The chemistry
5. SLOW.BURN.
6. Matchbox cars
7. Smurfs
8. White, off-white stripe, cream, pale yellow, mustard, baby blue, robin's egg blue, dove-gray, navy, and black business shirts
9. CUDDLING
10. Hate to love

I devoured this book. Completely devoured it. I was looking for a slow-burn, hate to love office romance, and this was it. I am so happy right now, you guys. I'm literally grinning
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Okay, seriously . . .? This book was AMAZING. It's so hard to find a fun, clever contemporary romance that doesn't at least occasionally cross over into cornball territory.

Lucy was a tiny little spitfire, Josh was just damaged enough to be interesting without being angsty, and together they alternately hys-freaking-terical and so adorable I literally CANNOT EVEN.

Sally Thorne . . . I've got my eye on you, woman. *tips hat*

Full RTC.
Bibi
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
01/22/18:
Even better the second time reading. Josh and Lucy are too cute and so much fun to hang with. Sigh.

Initial Review

There's a new kid on the Rom-Com scene and her name is Sally Thorne. Holy molly!

This book...aww...this book.

Firstly, the dialogue was insane. Freaking insane. No word was misplaced or unwarranted. All were perfectly placed.

Secondly, the plot. So simple yet so riveting. Two colleagues who seemingly can't abide each other but ah.. Thorne makes the premise so fresh you can't but
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
5-I-HATE-THIS-HATING-GAME-BOOK-SO-MUCH!!!

I hate this book.
I hate these characters.
I hate the way they made me feel.
I hate how adorable Josh is.
I hate how cute Lucy is.
I hate how I'm in love with their cuteness.
I hate how I read this book in just one sitting (or should I say lying).
I hate their stupid but smexy games.
I hate Sally Thorne.
I hate how smitten I've been in the last 12 hours.

Last but not the least,

I hate that I LOVED this book sooo freaking much!!!

This kind of b
Pearl Angeli
4 Stars!

What a perfect combination of cute and sexy. I kept seeing The Hating Game on my Twitter, Instagram, and Goodreads timeline and since it's been gathering high ratings, of course my curiosity was piqued.

Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman, both executive assistants to the co-owners of Bexley & Gamin, have always been at a clash with each other. They share an office room together but they don't get along well. When their respective bosses announced that one of them will be promoted as the
Zain Otoom
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Sally Thorn went to Hogwarts, learned witchery, and came back and applied her lessons while writing this book and cursed every person who reads it to inevitably fall in love with both Josh and the book, and as hard as the first time they read it.
Honestly we should sue.
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

❝Hating someone feels disturbingly similar to being in love with them. I've had a lot of time to compare love and hate, and these are my observations.

Love and hate are visceral. Your stomach twists at the thought of that person. The heart in your chest beats heavy and bright, nearly visible through your flesh and clothes. Your appetite and sleep are schredded. Every interaction spikes your blood with adrenaline, and you're in the brink of fight or flight. Your body is barely under your control
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
3.5 stars! No slut shaming no cheating no womanizers!!

Henry Cavill as Joshua!

Note for Harper Collins and Children bloomsburry imprints:

New adult exists!

New adult is a genre!

Admit it!

Plenty of readers want to read New adult! Why do you keep pretending that New adult reads like A court of Mist and Fury and in this case The hating game are something that they aren't? Why do you mislead readers?

description

Readers like to read sex scenes and the readers who prefer clean reads should know what they're gettin
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Imagine sitting across from your arch nemesis every single day. He stares at you. You stare at him. You hate everything about him. He is too dang perfect and has his shirts on rotational days. One day it's white shirt, then cream, then mustard yellow..and so on. Wait! Who wears mustard yellow? Joshua Templeman and the bad thing is..he makes it look good.
Lucy hates him. Her password on her computer is IHATEJOSHUA4EV@ and she lives to break him.

Beavis-Typing-Random-Characters-On-The-Computer-On-Mike-Judges-Beavis-and-Butt-Head60d7f.gif

Joshua feels like-wise about Lucy. She is messy, dre
Samantha Young
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Witty banter, phenomenal character development, slow-burn-holy-hot-chemistry, and just great writing. LOVED IT! One of my top reads of 2016!
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
*Full Review Update* 4.5 Stars - mostly because it had me so addicted and I couldn't put it down. Though- at times I wanted to lower it to 4 just because of some silly dumb stuff but screw it.. I had a lot of fun reading this one!

So I've never actually read just a purely romance based contemporary before. I decided to give this one a go mostly because it sounded like a cute Rom Com and I needed to give my brain a small break from fantasy. It definitely didn't disappoint.

Here's the thing though
Melanie
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Paloma
“All I want to do is kiss you until I fall asleep. I want to slide in between your sheets, and find out what goes on inside your head, and underneath your clothes. I want to make a fool of myself over you.”

Oh my good dear sweet Lord, this book was absolutely heart warming. I was feeling a little under the weather and wanted something that would be cute, fluffy, and a fast read, so I picked this up completely underestimating how amazing it would be. This is honestly one of the best books I've
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
I feel like I just played The Hating Game with The Hating Game.

Much like our two lovebirds, I started off loathing the story and nearly everything about it, but about halfway through, things started to... transition a little. Saying I loved it would be reaaally stretching it, but it sure did pick up in terms of getting me to swoon. (I mean, isn't that the one thing us romance junkies look for in the first place?)

Now, don't get me wrong— not for a second did we step out of Trope Nation here. Be i
Unapologetic Roma...: Thorne, Sally // The Hating Game 36 53 Jun 04, 2018 09:38AM
Read-along: DT Março | Odeio-te e Amo-te 15 26 Apr 30, 2018 03:55PM