Start by marking “The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)

The Making of Matt

(Souls of the Knight #3)

Matt Carter, self-proclaimed sex-god and drummer for world renowned Souls of the Knight, didn’t have the time or inclination for planning his future, preferring to fill his days with music, women and alcohol. He didn’t want or need anything else in his life.

Until the band parted ways and he found himself no longer living the dream.

Bored and lonely, with too much time and
ebook
Published October 19th 2015 (first published October 14th 2015)

Amanda
5 motherfucker stars

Dear Matt,

First of all, let me just get this off my chest. You are the most infuriating/immature twat/adorable asshole that I’ve ever met. Half the things that came out of your mouth are crap. Damn if I don’t love you for it.

When I started on your story, I’m not a fan of your charming personalities. As I am new to your world and I never meet Sawyer or Ryder before, maybe I’m judging you too harshly without getting to know you. But anyway, you are basically a prepubescent boy
Wendy
I really enjoyed reading this one. I didn't read the previous books in this series, but I had no difficulty following the storyline, so this one can be read as a stand alone.

Anyone who read the previous books already know Matt. I didn't, but I gotta tell you...I loved him !!

He's a snarky, bitchy and very funny twat...as his friends call him...Matt the twat :)

He's the drummer of a rockband that recently retired...the members are still friends and he's still very famous. He's also a big manwhore
Meags
4.5 Stars

High expectations exceeded!!!

I loved this story from start to finish. I dare say this may be my favourite portrayal of a straight playboy turning GFY that I've read to date. It was handled well. Every thought and feeling was weighed and processed; nothing was rushed. It was a slow burn, but not too slow. AND it was a friends-to-lovers story. Seriously, it was winning on all counts.

I absolutely adored Matt and Alex as lead characters. Matt and his outrageous (yet adorable) personality is
Elsa Bravante
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Es difícil de creer que la autora de este libro es la misma que de Broken o el magnífico Counting Daisies. Poco puedo hablar de la trama, puesto que no se específica en el blurb y sería un gran spoiler. Pero, sí puedo comentar que a pesar de que los dos personajes principales son fáciles de querer su relación parece un tanto precipitada, ese salto de la amistad al sexo y al amor queda un tanto confuso, fundamentalmente en el caso de Mark, hay cosas poco creíbles. Además, la autora toca varios te ...more
Kade Boehme
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really I only need say one thing:

Matt.

*swoons*
Bev
Loved it! I was so eager for Matt's book and it was better than I anticipated. I really didn't think I could love Matt more but oh boy - what a fantastic hero! He rocked my world with his tenderness, caring, tenacity and patience.

The best of the series by far and one of my favourite reads of 2017, and Matt earned a spot on my perfect heroes shelf.
Monica Vidal
YAY! This one exceed my expectations! Finally. I knew reading the series would pay off!

I don’t if it has anything to do with the fact that I have a soft spot for: GFY and characters who are kind of assholes, but who turn out to be really great guys who used their assholery (yeah I just invented this word) as a disguise. Matt is THAT asshole. He’s known as “Matt the twat” for his friends. He has no filter, he’s the WOMANIZER to end all the womanizers, but deep down he’s just lonely. Enters Alex,
Kara
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
So you start of with Matt who played drums for Souls of The Knight and was a huge player. Has been best friends with Alex for awhile, who has been there for Matt.
They way they were together from the start...
I just honestly loved everything about this book! I also loved seeing all the old band mates and friends.
You get your misunderstandings, Secrets, the sweet and of course the steam!
I really do not want to give anything away because this is one you defiantly need to read for yourself.

All to
Pixie
Danni Oxtoby
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
For anyone that's a fan of this series and has been following Nicola Haken on fb u'll know it's been a while waiting for Matts book poor Nicola wasn't well and needed to take sometime to get well and focus on herself and I for one am glad she did coz she knocked this book out of the park!!!!!!! im HUGE fan of this series and Matts book is easily the best of the 3 she handled some sensitive subjects extremely well in a completely believable way, I loved every word and it was completely worth the ...more
Line
Sep 20, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Major price drop at Amazon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...
Lisa Cullinan
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
I loved the first two books in this series and couldn't wait for Matt's story because, well, he's Matt! If any of you have read the previous books you'll know right away how Matt basically talks before he thinks. He has no filter and doesn't care what anyone thinks about him. Well, anyone except Alex. It was so endearing to see another side of him as he realizes his feelings for his buddy. Watching him flounder through unchartered waters of trying to do the right thing with not only NOT messing ...more
Valerie Degeorge
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Making of Matt is Book # 3 in Souls of the Knight Series by Nicola Haken and it is absolutely my favorite book in this series omg how I love Matt.

Matt Carter has been living his life bored and mostly lonely ever since the split of their band although he still sees his band mates which he considers his family there is something missing.

Alex Clark is best friends with Matt he looks up to him and is hiding a very important secret.
Together these two will have you laughing in stitches the bant
Miah
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Matt! I loved Alex! I I loved this book!!
~Volha~
At the beginning of this book I was skeptical about how I felt towards Matt. He was that eternal baby man, the most embarrassing relative you love but still not sure you want to be present for the holiday. He didn't exactly endear himself to me in the first book and was not making much effort here either. I was starting to get a little disappointed in him but then the miracle happened.

Enter Alex. That one friend everyone should have - understanding, non-judgemental and loving you the way you ar
Liza
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Matt and Alex . . . How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! GFY - my favorite M/M trope and this was a great example of it!! Friends-to-lovers - another favorite of mine. How can you not love when two best friends fall for each other? Rock stars - Because they are just soooo hot and this series has been amazing! Then there is that touch of angst that makes everything tense and crazy for a bit.
But let me tell you one thing. Matt's cousin Ashley. I wanted to smack a bitch!! There's no other wa
Paula
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's a testament to Nicola Haken's talent, that despite the fact of m/m romances not being my preferred genre, she manages to lure me in every single time.
"The Making Of Matt" isn't any different and kept me captivated and messed with my emotions throughout.

I was really apprehensive when I heard about this book as I couldn't see how Matt suddenly started a relationship with another man. There was no indication of him being gay in the previous books and I feared it was just a way to follow a tr
booklover
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well deserved 5 A-FREAKING-MAZING stars, 'cause let's face Matt's just that great ;)
Matt the self proclaimed sex-aholic who, where some people worry where their next meal will be coming from, worries where his next lay will be coming from. His best friend, Alex is gay and nothing Matt does shocks him anymore. He's in love with Matt but Matt can't see this and is straighter than a ruler, or so he thinks. A few things happen which trigger Matt's true feelings to surface and, when a fall out lead
David Alexander
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: haken
~4.5 Stars
Natalia
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite from the series!
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Matt Carter is a former drummer, resident mama's boy and pussy destroyer. What he wasn’t was driven, organized, and he had no plan for what happened after Souls of the Knight. But Alex Carter was his BFF and when he proposed that he find a new passion, he blew him off. Then his phone rings and spins his world around. Matt has no idea how to cope with what comes next. Alex is there supporting him. The feelings that Matt feels for Alex…he isn’t sure if they are real, from the trauma or what, but h ...more
Jaime
Genre: Gay Rockstar Romance, M/M
Stars: 5
Heat: 3

Blurb

Until the band parted ways and he found himself no longer
Shile
I loved Matt.. He was funny, immature and has a good heart.

“I woke around eleven with a dick so hard I could’ve drilled through concrete.”

animated smiley photo: Animated Smiley smileys01.gif
Elizabeth
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
By far the best in the series for me. Matt is F@#$!%G hilarious! He is such a dumb ass you can not help but love him. The writing in this one for me was better too. The writing got stronger from book to book. Really sexy, heartwarming story. The HIV theme was handled well in my opinion as well. The Matt character really steals the book. He is refreshing and genuine. I really liked this book. I didn't leave reviews for the previous two books not because the were bad but they were just ok. This bo ...more
Karen Peacock
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is by far Nicola's best novel so far! I feel like Nicola picked me up from page one and stuck me right inside Matt's head. Known as Matt the Twat, he is a very interesting character. I loved being in his head! Her characters are raw, compassionate, sexy, and so full of love. You get to experience a whole new side to Matt and watch him come into his own in the story. I couldn't put this book down. Nicola totally gave me all those butterfly feelings you get with first/new love. Amazing charac ...more
Lila Hunter
4.25 out of 5

This is the best book in the series, IMO. I liked Alex and Matt, but I loved them as a couple. Their friendship was the perfect foundation for their relationship.

The author did a great job showing how much both characters grew over time and how important their other relationships were for them. All her characters were credible and stayed true to their personalities, which were intrinsically theirs.

Overall, a really quick and fun read with a serious topic within-- explored and pres
JD
5+ stars!! I REALLY enjoyed this book! Let me first say the cover is HOT and it's how I picture Matt completely. I can't do review now but I'm so excited that this book was sooo good; I almost read in one sitting (haven't done that in awhile:=) ) I completely forgot I read the 1st book in the series "Souls of Knight" - it was forever ago. The book description does a good job of giving the background on Matt; the drummer in Souls of Knight. I was able to pick it up pretty quickly and get into it ...more
Amanda Barnes
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series from the very first book!! I love all of these boys. But Matt thoroughly warmed my heart!! This book was amazzing!! Him and Alex gave me all the warm feels and had me crying all over my kindle!! This book was by far my favorite and has earned pride of place on my love shelf and I'm soo sad to see it end!!
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

Alex and Matt had me laughing, crying, and having a blast! At times, I laughed so hard I cried. There is no better emotion in the world!

Bottom line: I really liked this. I laughed a lot and also cried at times. It was sexy, smexy, angsty, and fun! I didn't care much for the Mindy aspect but whatevs. Highly recommend!
  • Looking at Forever (The Rock Gods, #4)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • A Kind of Truth (A Kind of Stories, #1)
  • Delicious (Delicious #2)
  • Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • Breaking (Fall or Break, #2)
  • Aced (PresLocke, #1)
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Betting on Forever (The Breakfast Club, #2)
  • Full Disclosure (Hollywood #3)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #5)
  • Full Domain (Nice Guys, #3)
  • How To Save A Life
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • Stripped Bare
Romance Author.

I live in not-so-sunny Rochdale, England (true northern girl!) with my five kids - one of whom many refer to as my husband. I write about life, and love, and all the beauty and angst that come with them.

All in all I'm just an ordinary gal with an addiction to reading, tattoos, and Pepsi Max. I don't like even numbers or metal spoons, and I'm allergic to exercise.

Please note: I do

Souls of the Knight (3 books)
  • Being Sawyer Knight (Souls of the Knight, #1)
  • Taming Ryder (Souls of the Knight, #2)
“In that moment, I understood implicitly what my mom had meant. That was the moment I felt my heart smile for the first time.” 1 likes
“I woke around eleven with a dick so hard I could’ve drilled through concrete.” 1 likes