Start by marking “He and I” as Want to Read:
He and I

He and I

4.7  ·  Rating details ·  147 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
He and I is the story of God in the life of Gabrielle Bossis (1874–1950), a French woman, and the journey of her relationship with Eternal Love. A timeless work in which the reader shares a touching and profound experience through the words Bossis heard in the depths of her being and recorded. He and I provides a joyous spiritual feast for all seekers of the One who seeks ...more
Published January 1st 1985 by Pauline Books & Media (first published November 14th 1969)

To ask other readers questions about He and I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He and I

Karen
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this right after college and am reading it again now. Gabrielle Bossis was a French woman, a single actress, who had interior locutions and wrote them down in a diary. The spirituality in this book meshes with mine and builds me up and helps me focus with a great perspective. Good for morning meditations more than a straight read-through. One of my many favorite quotes from it is "The more Christian one is -- that is, the more one is Mine -- the kinder one is. So you be the kindest of all ...more
Margaret
Jul 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My most favorite book if you want to grow closer to Jesus; amazing sensitivity -- many Wows!!
I read this book many years ago and bought copies for my Mom and sisters and gave it as gifts. Rereading and growing through it again.
Theresa
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, favorites
Incredible book on the love of Christ for a soul. It is the diary of a French woman, Gabrielle Bossis, and the locutions or intimations she had from Christ towards the end of her life. It is so beautiful it made me cry several times. Throughout the book you feel as if it is Christ talking personally to you and you are inspired to love Him back and make your life a beautiful gift for God.

This book could also be used as a springboard for mental prayer. There are many short entries that could be m
Deanna
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reveals this laywoman's development of her relationship with Christ. She describes His encouragement and guidance in her daily life. The chapters of the book can be used as a source for inspiring meditation.
Bhashini
This is such a beautiful book. I read it from cover to cover and now I dip into it randomly now and again when I want to feel that tender, intimate connection with God.
Highly recommended if you need a spiritual lift.
Karin
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll be reviewing this one for Catholic Company on my blog within tbe week, but for now I will just say it is definitely one to add to your spiritual reading list.
Cynthia Friese-hassanein
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help-spirit
This is a very deep beautiful book that help define my relationship with God.
Kenneth Patrick
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ones complete ones.

He and I is without a doubt one of the greatest private revelations ever given by Jesus Christ. Oh My Sacred Christ a heart that could melt the very Universe.
Chris
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
A lovely expose on colloquy by a French actress. Her conversations with God touched me deeply.
Karina
Dec 30, 2009 marked it as to-read
Shelves: unsorted
My pastor's comment on the book: http://musingsfromthepastorsstudy.blo...
Cassie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
a very touching book in the most simple of ways. It gave me inspiration on what kind of relationship we have with him and the relationship he wishes to have with us
Deb
Sep 09, 2008 is currently reading it
This one is a recommendation from a bookseller that I had scribbled on a deposit slip more than a decade ago and recently found tucked away... Providence... tender and lovely.
Christina Biggins Clayton
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A must read for anyone wanting a deeper relationship with God.
Sue King
Dec 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Everyone should read it.
Bonnie Smith
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful reflection and modeling of what it is like to commune regularly with Christ. Since I am not Catholic, I could not relate to the Mary sections, but it was a very reflective prayer journal. It helped me focus on Christ. My only caution to readers is that this was one woman's recorded conversations with God and not to be taken as Scripture or biblical truths to quote. They are "reflections" on the truth of Christ. The Bible is where to go to receive the grounding truth she refe ...more
Valentino
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religione
I've read many many times the book (italian translation).

Jesus speaks to us in xx century, to let us understand now what we really need for us and to reply to His love for us. A lover asking us to catch His love and try to love him. Very easy to read. I'd like an more complete work, it is not the full work, available perhaps only in french. Changed my life.
Crystal
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book that shows that lay women in the world can have a very deep spirituality. Christ speaks to her throughout her days and reveals His love. Makes the relationship with Christ so personal.
♥ Ibrahim ♥
Oct 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
This kind of books goes to show that our God is speaking God and we have to be attentively listening to Him with the ears of our hearts and be always ready with a nice pen and a nice writing journal. We should jot everything down and there is a time to go back and give thanks to the Lord for how good He is and also for glorifying Him amongst many people and that those words which He gave us could instrumentally help somebody in their walk with the Lord.
As we journal and pray, we get more and mor
Lisa Barker
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this while reading Through the Year with Padre Pio: 365 Daily Readings, and Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence . That may have been a bad decision because the other two books were more personable: I could grasp Padre Pio in the one, and the scripture and meditations that "brought Jesus to life" in Jesus Calling, but in He and i, I often felt disconnected and unworthy. Perhaps this is because it was written at a different time in history, the other two being more recent. I defin ...more
Sumangali Morhall
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
This is a very unusual book, translated from the French original Lui et Moi. Gabrielle Bossis was a single woman – a nurse and later a playwright. Here was a friendly and vivacious person – very much in the world of work and creativity, rather than living in seclusion as a nun. Yet her inner relationship with Christ is intensely strong. The story is not strictly a memoir, but she relates the teachings to her own experiences, so it is certainly a journey of discovery. I find this book deeply movi ...more
Janice Palko
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion
This book was recommended in a Bible Study by a fellow member when asked by the moderator: What are your favorite spiritual books? She said if she said she had to take two books to a desert island, the Bible and He and I would be the ones she'd choose. I found the book to be eye-opening. It is a dialogue between the author and God that you feel blessed to be allowed to eavesdrop on. It also gives hope that we all could enjoy such intimacy with God.
Francesco
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: _ita, spiritual, _reviewed
Vote: 3,90
Class: P-A2 (FP)

(diary of 20th century mystic)

I've first read some lines from this book when I was 5 years old and, while I was learning to read, my mother was often asking me to read it to her: after many years I remember the sweetness of the words of Jesus to Gabrielle.
A book from which we can learn the confidence and love we should have when we are with our sweet Brother and Savior.
Unforgettable reading.
Friar Dismas
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a wonderful little book, filled with private meditations and prayer. It's probably best as a night-time reader, taking little bits in here and there. I think it would provide much encouragement for many of us, especially those who are caught up in everyday life.
Natalie
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely lovely if you're into Christian mysticism. So interesting. Loved!
Megen
Apr 20, 2016
Karin Garda Lorenc
Oct 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Auspicious Good Fortune: One woman's inspirational journey from Western disillusionment to Eastern spiritual fulfilment
  • Uniformity with God's Will
  • Searching for and Maintaining Peace: A Small Treatise on Peace of Heart
  • A Life with Karol: My Forty-Year Friendship with the Man Who Became Pope
  • The Apostles: The Origin of the Church and Their Co-Workers
  • To Know Christ Jesus
  • Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul
  • I Believe in Love: A Personal Retreat Based on the Teaching of St. Therese of Lisieux
  • The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ: From the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich
  • Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness
  • The Collected Works of St. Teresa of Ávila, Vol. 1
  • The Three Ages Of The Interior Life: Prelude of Eternal Life
  • Deep Conversion/Deep Prayer
  • Four Witnesses: The Early Church in Her Own Words
  • Poustinia: Encountering God in Silence, Solitude and Prayer (Madonna House Classics Vol.1)
  • The World's First Love: Mary, Mother of God
  • Abandonment to Divine Providence
  • The Living Wood: Saint Helena and the Emperor Constantine

“Talk to Me. For Me there is no sweeter prayer.” 1 likes
“One would say You had not left me for a single instant.

"Did you doubt it?”