Start by marking “Imprinted” as Want to Read:
Imprinted

Imprinted

Reviews for Imprinted:

"You are one of the greats! I love the word pattern and vivid imagery! Fantastic."

"I wasn't disappointed. You paint with words and that is beautiful."

"Your words capture a truth some may feel but be unable to word."

"Definitely a skilled tongue."

Join over 10,000 people who follow and enjoy Andrea Michelle's poetry. Download now for free!
Published June 10th 2015

Charles Tidwell
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Teen Angst or Shades of a 19th Century Romantic

Andrea Michelle is able to emote, much like Shelley but without his brilliance in word play. Each poem is an expression of feelings, often didactic. Perhaps the poem that begins, " I am a feeler" sums up her approach. Many poems rely on fairly routine images of the sun, moon, stars, or the galaxy to express her feelings.

Technically, the reliance on centering each line of every poem becomes tiresome. While the lack of titles may bother some readers,
Kendra Mack
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gaining Inspiration

I have to give this book four stars because of all I gained. The poems are beautiful, thoughtful, and honest. I was touched and inspired to start writing poetry again. I brought me to a place I haven't been able to go and access in quite some time...peace. I am very happy with this book and would highly recommend that you read this if you want, a fresh and youthful view of life, love, and relationships.
Shanet Outing
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kalopsia

The poet creates beauty even in the most dreadful of situations. Even in the toxic moments beauty is still portrayed in each moment. Many of us try to find the good in the worse situations. We often give the benefit of the doubt. To find the light in the darkness and know the darkness does not always last. The poems a short and to the point. Insightful on makes you reflect on your own self. A quick read that would want you reading more from this author.
Nory M.
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Personal and mostly relatable

Not the best poetry book in general, but it does serve a purpose. It engages the reader on the poetic's voice personal journey. It could be used as an introductory text. May be a great text to present poetry to a young audience. Probably some poems could be used in a class to complement another reading, such as a short story.
Maria
Dec 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
Good contemporary poetry

Excellent free verse with a lot of emotions and thoughts on a variety of topics. Very similar to other free verse like Rupi Kuar and perhaps even more and just as powerful. Inspiring!
Lisa gamez
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written

This book is beautifully written. Definitely relatable and a quick read to help you remember what's important about love, hope, and growth.
Gilmar
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Simple. Romantic. Sarcastic. Real. This poetry is so fresh. Like having a conversation with your very deep friend. Just great. Perfect for a rainy afternoon.
Abhishek Kumar
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Contemporary

Good lines some would make you think harder and some will pass by like a breeze. Above all it is quite nice to read such a good poems.
Kisses -A
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
4.5 stars.

Absolutely fantastic.
Fallon
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unique and easy to read

Beautiful and well written.The first time I read something by this author.It was free and it was freeing to read.
Mario Adame
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Firstly, the poems do not have clear titles. I have read plenty of poetry, and I feel titles are not absolutely necessary to grasp the magnitude of emotion(s). Andrea displays intensity in the form of sadness, calm, fear, anger, confusion, and rediscovered happiness. One powerful piece is “we secretly ache for someone to destroy us so deeply we cannot help but shine. We live to be broken, to unearth the jewels buried inside.” I tend to agree with Andrea’s lines that the moment is who we truly ar ...more
Leonard Becker III
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Even though yes the poetry was beautiful, it was not "the best". This Poetry Collection is also named "Kalospia" that in its title also says "The Best Contemporary, Modern Poetry for Young People For Free" Yes for free: its could be the best for "Modern" but besides that this collection is okay. The author should have moved the poems around so it has more of a flow.
But I hate how presumptuous it is at times.
I love poetry, but not when it is put together like this.
You should have titles, and bett
Grecia
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really great book, with some short poems, that were very clear to me. In my point of view it was simple and complicated at the same time, even though it didn't express too much in the begining, if you could read between the lines, you could get a really great perspective of everything. I recommend it if you like something like poetry.
Dariana Atanasova
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quite the odd read, but it a good way (if that makes any sence at all to you). It really made me think, you know?
I enjoyed it and I'd recommend it to anyone, because it's really easy to go though.
Michelle deserved the five stars, I might add :)
LAUREN WISE
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forever young

Words that recapture the vitality of youth. Refreshingly enjoyable to drink from. Looking forward to more from Michelle because she offers brevity and delight.
Julia Martin
Jul 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: eh
Lacking imagery

This worked lacked quite a bit of imagery. In it's place were so many personal pronouns that I never knew who was speaking or being spoken to
Melissa Hansen
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good

Words are awesome in this book. Beautiful and perfect for my wedding vows. I loved it. I even read it to my dog.
Nafisa Nuzhat
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The typos took away from the magnitude of emotions the author was trying to convey. I loved almost all the poems but the typos showed lack of professionalism.
Lorisa McKelvey
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Of course I enjoyed this book

Another amazing "Goodread" and i highly recommend it. Anything this moving will at least brighten up your day while you're reading. Amazing
Ashton Widdison
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Definitely in need of some editing, but the language was beautiful and there were lines that really stuck out to me. Pretty poetry
Kirsten R.
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book of poetry. The words were simple to understand and the meanings of the poems were deep. I highly recommend this book and I can't wait to read more by this author.
Lyly
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was just meh, there were one or two poems that some to me but the majority was very bland and just not to my liking.
Chrissy Lowe
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just what I was looking for!

Always looking for new and intriguing poetry and I found it in this book! I can't for wait to read more by this author!
Jossie Mtz
  • Gifts with No Giver: A Love Affair with Truth
  • The Early Poems of Alfred Lord Tennyson
  • Secrets of True Happiness
  • The Complete Poems of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Six Centuries of English Poetry from Tennyson to Chaucer: Typical Selections from the Great Poets (1892)
  • The Complete H.P. Lovecraft Collection
  • Keats: poems published in 1820
  • Selected Poems
  • Poems by Emily Dickinson, Series One
  • Einstein's Cat (Get Your Wordsworth, #1)
  • The Unwords: Exposing The Dishonest Language of a Culture in Decline
  • The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (37 plays, 160 sonnets and 5 Poetry Books With Active Table of Contents)
  • Selected Poems
  • Growth
“This world is divided between feelers and thinkers. Spirits and minds.  ” 6 likes
“If I could, I would bottle your laugh and drink it so that the feeling you give me would forever live inside.” 4 likes