Start by marking “All Is Calm / All Is Bright” as Want to Read:
All Is Calm / All Is Bright

All Is Calm / All Is Bright

(Hope Beach)

All Is Calm

Brendan Waddell needs a place to recuperate. Lauren Everman needs a place to hide. It's going to be an unexpectedly romantic Christmas at Bluebird Ranch.

Brendan Waddell has always considered Bluebird Ranch a little piece of heaven: an idyllic ranch that pairs abused children with abused horses, run by one of his old Marine buddies. Now, recovering from an on-the
Published October 6th 2015 by Thomas Nelson-Fiction

To ask other readers questions about All Is Calm / All Is Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Is Calm / All Is Bright

Beth
Two enjoyable novels connected to two of Colleen's series. They were the perfect length to read both in one sitting. I think I do prefer her full novels, simply because the mystery and the characters are more fleshed out than can be done in a novella.

Thus far, I've found myself very enamored of Colleen's stories set along the coast of Maine, which is where the second novella is set. She creates a place that is very atmospheric and well-done. Though I haven't read any of her series set on Bluebir
Hannah
3.5, rounded up.

Review of All is Calm, 3 stars:

Review of All is Bright, 4 stars:
Arlene
Rating clarification 3.5 stars

All Is Calm, All Is Bright was a fun introduction into Colleen Coble’s writing. I’m not one to pick up mystery/drama books so quickly, but these two short stories were a perfect taste into this genre I don’t quite often indulge in. Coupled with the fact that it had a bit of holiday essence in the novel, I have to say this novella is a perfect escape for the winter season.

All Is Calm introduces us to Lauren Everman who flees to Bluebird Ranch in order to save a belov
Belles
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Generic stories, which I was expecting, but it was the flat characters that dropped this from 3 down to 2 stars.
Kate Willis
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Christmas novellas in summer! ;) So fun.

I’ve been wanting to try something by this author for a while, so I picked this up at a church library.

All Is Calm (two stars)
I loved the premise of a dude ranch ministering to children in the foster care system. The way Lauren was helped there in her past and able to help Carly was really special. My favorite part was probably when Lauren and Brendan shopped for Christmas gifts for the kids. That was pretty special. ;)

Unfortunately, this wasn’t really my
Loraine
Two Christmas novellas from Colleen Coble with a touch of suspense and a hint of romance. Easy to read in one or two sittings and filled with Christmas spirit. As novellas, the characters could have been developed more, but the plot did carry the storyline in each one. I especially liked the Christmas surprise for Delilah in All is Bright.
Judy Collins
A special thank you to Thomas Nelson-Fiction and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Talented storyteller, Colleen Coble delivers two delightful Christmas holiday novellas in one charming book, All is Calm (Lonestar Series) and All is Bright (Hope Beach Series) —packaged with a beautiful holiday cover, to add some spice to your holidays. For fans of both intriguing mystery, and romantic suspense--with holiday settings.

I tend to pick a few Christmas books for the holiday-
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
{{It’s December and that means Christmas book reviews here on BFCG! Unlike how we did last year with every review day being a Christmas book, this year just Monday & Friday will be reviews of Christmas books. Wednesdays will be reserved for new releases. :) A couple giveaways are also scheduled this month, so keep an eye out!}}

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“All is Calm” by Colleen Coble

About this book:

“Brendan Waddell needs a place to recuperate. Lauren
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Two of my very favorite Colleen Coble series are the Lonestar & Hope Beach books. So you can imagine how excited I was to read these two novellas that continue the settings and spotlight some secondary characters from the novels.

In All is Calm, much to my delight, Rick’s friend Brendan gets his own story. Brendan popped up here and there during the series, lending his intel expertise when the need arose, and he always intrigued me. All is Bright brings together all my favorite characters fro
Savanna Kaiser
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This was my first time reading Colleen Coble’s work. I can see why she has so many reading fans. ;) I’m really curious now to get my hands on a full-length novel of hers. These two Christmas novellas made the perfect holiday bundle. They were both light and entertaining reads, just perfect for a cozy night by the fire. I read the entire book in one night!

All is Calm was intriguing from the start and sweetly romantic. I liked several of the characters, especially Brendan. ;) I loved the idea of a
Karen
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure how I've managed to go all this time and not read a Colleen Coble book, but I have been missing out. This book is actually two novellas (and a preview of a book that really makes me want to read it). Both of these stories are full of suspense, and people finding second chances at love.

The characters in these stories come to life in such an easy way, and I found myself feeling like I had been friends with them for years. I love Colleen's writing style, and found these stories so easy
Galaxy Adventurer
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review of All is Calm:
4 stars

Lauren Everman came to Bluebird Ranch when she was a foster kid, she found shelter there as a kid and now finds shelter there. Lauren witnessed a murder and the police think she is actually a suspect.
Brendan Waddell knows the owner of Bluebird ranch, one of his Marine buddies. When he comes to the ranch and meets Lauren, he knows she is hiding something. Lauren tells Brendan what happened and he promises to help, at least until Christmas.

I thought All is Calm was a
Brittany
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun set of stories! The novella, All Is Calm, is connected to the Lonestar Series (which was the first series that I ever read by this author). The novella, All Is Bright, is connected to the Hope Beach series. Having enjoyed both of the collections of books that these novellas are connected to, I thought it was great to return to those settings. I believe that the stories should be easy enough to follow even if you haven’t read the other books before.

The stories are shorter and
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I have always enjoyed Colleen Coble's suspense books, her Rock Harbor series being my all time favorite. Her Bluebird Ranch series is my second favorite. One of these novellas is set there; however, it is last year's novella repackaged for this duo. That was a bit dismaying to me. If you've read the first novella, you're in essence paying $5.99 for a 50 page second one.

Both stories were good, they were just not long enough. It was a quick and enjoyable read.

The second part of the book, All Is B
Cara Putman
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All is Calm All is Bright is a collection of two novellas from best-selling author Colleen Coble. The first, All is Calm, is set in Texas at Bluebird Ranch, so those of you who read and loved her Lonestar series will be delighted to travel back to this special ranch and watch one of the former kids find love of her own. In All is Bright we get to travel back to Tidewater Inn and see the manager find love. In both novellas the characters you came to love in other books make appearances, there's a ...more
Amy
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All is Calm, All is Bright is a collection of two Christmas novellas. I loved these two stories. They both have mystery, suspense, action and romance. I, also, noticed some familiar characters from previous novels written by Colleen Coble.
Loved it!
5 stars.
Ann
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great Christmas romance with a murderer trying to ruin the holidays. This is a Christian fiction that isn't preachy at all. If I hadn't seen the publisher I might not have known. Enjoy the suspense and intrigue as this small island brings in the Christmas season.
Sierra Faith
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: got-for-review, own
Stuck with what to rate this.. the first book was a three and the second a five! Guess I'll just rate it a four... Full review to come!
Karin Garcia
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Basically like reading a hallmark movie with some attempted murder thrown in to spice it up😂 But it’s probably a 2.5 ⭐ s. ...more
Melanie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-read
These novellas were just okay. I liked the second one better than the first, but neither were all that gripping. I feel like maybe if I was caught up in the two series I would have liked them better. The teaser for the third book in Hope Beach, Seagrass Pier, was so good and actually makes me eager to continue that story -- so I added it to my wishlist. ;)

All in all, I wish I would have liked this book more than I did, but it wasn't terrible.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from Net
Ruby Lee
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas-read, 2015
To read my entire review, go to https://onebooktwo.wordpress.com/2015...

It’s the season of the Christmas romance story. It’s definitely the most wonderful time of the year.

Everyone has a favorite something that they associate with the Christmas season. Some like the decorations or the shopping. Others enjoy family time and the incredible food. My sister’s TV doesn’t leave the Hallmark channel until well into the new year.

For me, it’s my Christmas reading. I hoard Christmas books all year long be
Margaret Sholders
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
1. This is a good short story to start off Christmas. This will have you on your toes in places and tears in others. Colleen has given us a good story line for this novella. Lauren ran from a job to save a horse. Spoiler. She goes back to a place she was before. Spoiler. Rick and Allie take in damaged children and horses. They work to change them. So if you like a story of runaways, a damaged Ranger, and people who want Lauren dead this is your book to read. It really is a good story!
2. This is
Janet Reeves
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book showed up on my doorstep as a happy surprise. I love Colleen Coble's books. They are always the perfect combination of romance, suspense, mystery, and insight. All Is Calm/All Is Bright is actually two stories for the price of one, novellas for Christmas set in places familiar to Coble's fans: Bluebird Ranch and Hope Beach. This means readers get to learn what's going on in the lives of familiar characters while discovering the fates of some of the minor characters from Coble's books.

T
Nadine
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
These are two novellas in one book. I didn’t realize that when I requested it, my fault. Apparently, All is Calm is from the Lonestar series and All is Bright connects to the Hope Beach series. I haven’t read either of these series but I still enjoyed these two novellas. You have a little mystery, a little love, and a Christmas theme. Let’s be honest, my request was solely based on Christmas!! I saw the cover and said YES!!!! and knew nothing about the books. While it wasn’t what I suspected, th ...more
Jennifer Ritter
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
All Is Calm, All Is Bright, by Colleen Coble, are Chrisstmas novellas in her Lonestar Mystery series and Hope Beach series, respectively.

In All is Calm, Lauren Everman is a lady on the lam. As a murder witness, Lauren is hiding from the murderer by seeking refuge at Bluebird Ranch where she had found refuge as a teenage foster child. Special ops marine Brendan Waddell has also sought out his friends who own the ranch to spend a restful holiday as he recovers from a major injury gotten in the lin
Kristi
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fan of Collen Coble for many years I have never read any of her novellas but have loved her full-length novels. It was easy to tell from the beginning that she puts just as much effort into her novellas as she does her novels. These are two well-written stories.

All is Calm is based on her Lonestar series. Of the two novellas, this one was my favorite. I enjoyed everything about this story. The character development was great, the storyline was excellent. The suspense and mystery elements are w
Marsha Spohn
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

All is Calm and All is Bright are two novellas combined into one bundle (book). The cover description does an excellent job of giving us enough of each story to draw us in… so I’m not going to do any more tease on these stories.

Each has a mystery, a bit of romance and are part of two series by Ms Coble. You’ll run into characters that you’ve enjoyed from these series in the past. All is Calm is from the Lonestar series and All is Bright connects to the Hope Bea
Kara
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Ms. Coble has long been an author that I've enjoyed. I haven't read near all of her books yet, but her skill at keeping you on the edge of your seat is excellent. These novellas showcase that so well! A bit of mystery and intrigue is all it takes for your heartbeat to rise and your page-turning to quicken. Not to mention a couple sweet romances.

I will say that Brendan and Lauren's romance does have a bit of insta-love involved, which is inevitable within a novella format. But that does not mean
Maureen Timerman
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Colleen Coble has done it again, she keeps me turning the pages until there are no more, and then I can’t wait for her next book.
These are novellas from two of previous book settings, the Bluebird Ranch and Tidewater Inn, and yes we have met some of these characters before, so you are in for a real treat.
There is romance, weddings, and reuniting with old friends, and of course, danger around each corner, and not know where it is coming from. Who or whom would want to kill these sweet people? It
Kara Peck
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it

All is Calm, All is Bright is a nice short read. Due to the fact that it’s a novella that seems like an obvious statement I suppose. But I will point out that at Christmas time there usually isn’t time enough to really sink your mind into a big series. I enjoyed this book for that fact. Do prepare yourself for that quickness though. There isn’t a lot of build and you are just kind of thrown into the middle. If you do as much reading as I do, it’s a little frustrating to be honest.
That is all me
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Vampires, Weres a...: All Is Calm / All Is Bright 17 19 Dec 13, 2017 11:19AM
Contemporary Chri...: Week Two Christmas Giveaway 1 9 Dec 11, 2015 10:08AM

• The Christmas Angel Project
  • Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe
  • Christmas at Carnton (Carnton, #0.5)
  • Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2)
  • A Tale of Two Hearts (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas, #2)
  • Blind Betrayal (Defenders of Justice #3)
  • A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding, #4)
  • Deep Extraction (FBI Task Force, #2)
  • The Advent Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas, #1)
  • Restoring Christmas
  • The Murders at Astaire Castle (Mac Faraday Mystery, #5)
  • Christmas at Harmony Hill (Shaker, #5.5)
  • Christmas Carol
  • Quilted by Christmas (Quilts of Love, #22)
  • An Amish Christmas Gift (Amish Christmas Gift)
  • Evergreen (Christiansen Family, #3.5)
  • Code 13 (The Navy JAG Series, #2)
  • The Yuletide Angel
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.

Hope Beach (3 books)
  • Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1)
  • Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach #2)
  • Seagrass Pier (Hope Beach, #3)