Start by marking “All Is Calm / All Is Bright” as Want to Read:
All Is Calm / All Is Bright

All Is Calm / All Is Bright

(Hope Beach)

All Is Calm

Brendan Waddell needs a place to recuperate. Lauren Everman needs a place to hide. It's going to be an unexpectedly romantic Christmas at Bluebird Ranch.

Brendan Waddell has always considered Bluebird Ranch a little piece of heaven: an idyllic ranch that pairs abused children with abused horses, run by one of his old Marine buddies. Now, recovering from an on-the
Published October 6th 2015 by Thomas Nelson-Fiction

To ask other readers questions about All Is Calm / All Is Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Is Calm / All Is Bright

Start your review of All Is Calm / All Is Bright
Beth
Two enjoyable novels connected to two of Colleen's series. They were the perfect length to read both in one sitting. I think I do prefer her full novels, simply because the mystery and the characters are more fleshed out than can be done in a novella.

Thus far, I've found myself very enamored of Colleen's stories set along the coast of Maine, which is where the second novella is set. She creates a place that is very atmospheric and well-done. Though I haven't read any of her series set on Bluebir
Hannah
3.5, rounded up.

Review of All is Calm, 3 stars:

Review of All is Bright, 4 stars:
Arlene
Rating clarification 3.5 stars

All Is Calm, All Is Bright was a fun introduction into Colleen Coble’s writing. I’m not one to pick up mystery/drama books so quickly, but these two short stories were a perfect taste into this genre I don’t quite often indulge in. Coupled with the fact that it had a bit of holiday essence in the novel, I have to say this novella is a perfect escape for the winter season.

All Is Calm introduces us to Lauren Everman who flees to Bluebird Ranch in order to save a belov
Donna
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: women-s-fiction
This was a Christmas Romance novella. Two different stories....both very short. Novellas are usually a miss with me and this wasn't an exception. First, I liked the mystery in both of these stories. Really....both felt like they had a solid premise. But everything else was a miss. Here are only a few of the things that didn't work for me. Mostly, I missed reality or even some anchor to reality. The dialogue could have used some of that too.

My biggest dislike was that the women were acted upon.
Belles
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Generic stories, which I was expecting, but it was the flat characters that dropped this from 3 down to 2 stars.
Kate Willis
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Christmas novellas in summer! ;) So fun.

I’ve been wanting to try something by this author for a while, so I picked this up at a church library.

All Is Calm (two stars)
I loved the premise of a dude ranch ministering to children in the foster care system. The way Lauren was helped there in her past and able to help Carly was really special. My favorite part was probably when Lauren and Brendan shopped for Christmas gifts for the kids. That was pretty special. ;)

Unfortunately, this wasn’t really my
Judy D Collins
A special thank you to Thomas Nelson-Fiction and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Talented storyteller, Colleen Coble delivers two delightful Christmas holiday novellas in one charming book, All is Calm (Lonestar Series) and All is Bright (Hope Beach Series) —packaged with a beautiful holiday cover, to add some spice to your holidays. For fans of both intriguing mystery, and romantic suspense--with holiday settings.

I tend to pick a few Christmas books for the holiday-
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
{{It’s December and that means Christmas book reviews here on BFCG! Unlike how we did last year with every review day being a Christmas book, this year just Monday & Friday will be reviews of Christmas books. Wednesdays will be reserved for new releases. :) A couple giveaways are also scheduled this month, so keep an eye out!}}

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“All is Calm” by Colleen Coble

About this book:

“Brendan Waddell needs a place to recuperate. Lauren Eve
Kristi
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
2 stars - "it was ok"

Again it was the writing style, for whatever reason it just didn't add up to me. It felt incomplete. Ideas and story development were off in my opinion. I think I've read Colleen Coble before but I can't remember if I felt the same way about it then. I'm going to give her another go and see if maybe it was just this particular book.

Rating: PG -due to some physical violence
Language: no profanity or use of deity in a negative way
Recommend: umm...not sure
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Two of my very favorite Colleen Coble series are the Lonestar & Hope Beach books. So you can imagine how excited I was to read these two novellas that continue the settings and spotlight some secondary characters from the novels.

In All is Calm, much to my delight, Rick’s friend Brendan gets his own story. Brendan popped up here and there during the series, lending his intel expertise when the need arose, and he always intrigued me. All is Bright brings together all my favorite characters from th
Savanna Kaiser
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This was my first time reading Colleen Coble’s work. I can see why she has so many reading fans. ;) I’m really curious now to get my hands on a full-length novel of hers. These two Christmas novellas made the perfect holiday bundle. They were both light and entertaining reads, just perfect for a cozy night by the fire. I read the entire book in one night!

All is Calm was intriguing from the start and sweetly romantic. I liked several of the characters, especially Brendan. ;) I loved the idea of a
Karen
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure how I've managed to go all this time and not read a Colleen Coble book, but I have been missing out. This book is actually two novellas (and a preview of a book that really makes me want to read it). Both of these stories are full of suspense, and people finding second chances at love.

The characters in these stories come to life in such an easy way, and I found myself feeling like I had been friends with them for years. I love Colleen's writing style, and found these stories so easy
Loraine
Two Christmas novellas from Colleen Coble with a touch of suspense and a hint of romance. Easy to read in one or two sittings and filled with Christmas spirit. As novellas, the characters could have been developed more, but the plot did carry the storyline in each one. I especially liked the Christmas surprise for Delilah in All is Bright.
Lou Allen
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas-books
The first novella follows Lauren who was implicated in a murder at a stable. She flees to a ranch that looks after foster children and horses where she meets Brendan who is on leave after being injured in the marines.

I found this story interesting to read. I haven’t read the rest of the series so I didn’t quite connect with the setting or the characters. I did enjoy the mystery but I’m not a big fan of instalove. I gave this story 3.5/5 ⭐️

The second novella follows two of the side characters fro
Cecily Kyle
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sinful-towers
Cute stories but they went by so fast. I mean I love a good quick conclusion but I would have enjoyed a little more suspense when figuring things out but it was a cute quick read.
Okay read!
Galaxy Adventurer
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review of All is Calm:
4 stars

Lauren Everman came to Bluebird Ranch when she was a foster kid, she found shelter there as a kid and now finds shelter there. Lauren witnessed a murder and the police think she is actually a suspect.
Brendan Waddell knows the owner of Bluebird ranch, one of his Marine buddies. When he comes to the ranch and meets Lauren, he knows she is hiding something. Lauren tells Brendan what happened and he promises to help, at least until Christmas.

I thought All is Calm was a
Cara Putman
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All is Calm All is Bright is a collection of two novellas from best-selling author Colleen Coble. The first, All is Calm, is set in Texas at Bluebird Ranch, so those of you who read and loved her Lonestar series will be delighted to travel back to this special ranch and watch one of the former kids find love of her own. In All is Bright we get to travel back to Tidewater Inn and see the manager find love. In both novellas the characters you came to love in other books make appearances, there's a ...more
Melinda
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
All Is Calm contains messages of betrayal, love at first sight, change. All Is Bright focuses on inability to reveal your past, trust, not having to prove yourself.

Sentimental messages but that's about it. The writing and narrative lack horsepower. The spirituality content is present but it's not heavy at all, in fact it's appropriate and I enjoyed it very much, being a fan of Christian fiction.

If you're looking for a fast paced Christmas themed escape, with sugary endings without everything in
Ann
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great Christmas romance with a murderer trying to ruin the holidays. This is a Christian fiction that isn't preachy at all. If I hadn't seen the publisher I might not have known. Enjoy the suspense and intrigue as this small island brings in the Christmas season. ...more
Amy
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All is Calm, All is Bright is a collection of two Christmas novellas. I loved these two stories. They both have mystery, suspense, action and romance. I, also, noticed some familiar characters from previous novels written by Colleen Coble.
Loved it!
5 stars.
Sierra Faith
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, got-for-review
Stuck with what to rate this.. the first book was a three and the second a five! Guess I'll just rate it a four... Full review to come! ...more
Karin Garcia
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Basically like reading a hallmark movie with some attempted murder thrown in to spice it up😂 But it’s probably a 2.5 ⭐️ s.
Anne Rightler
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently, these two novellas are part of two series that Colleen Coble has written (Lonestar and Hope Beach). Even though there are returning characters the stories are easily read as stand-alone. Christmas time, mysteries, plots that move quickly, and, of course, sweet romance keep the pages turning in these two stories. I listened to a library copy of the audiobook. The author narrated her own stories which is always a special treat. Readers who enjoy some mystery and romantic suspense in th ...more
Cindy
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Clean, romantic mystery with a terrific narration and interesting plots on both stories.
Melanie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-read
These novellas were just okay. I liked the second one better than the first, but neither were all that gripping. I feel like maybe if I was caught up in the two series I would have liked them better. The teaser for the third book in Hope Beach, Seagrass Pier, was so good and actually makes me eager to continue that story -- so I added it to my wishlist. ;)

All in all, I wish I would have liked this book more than I did, but it wasn't terrible.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from Net
Manda  Lee
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas-read, 2015
To read my entire review, go to https://onebooktwo.wordpress.com/2015...

It’s the season of the Christmas romance story. It’s definitely the most wonderful time of the year.

Everyone has a favorite something that they associate with the Christmas season. Some like the decorations or the shopping. Others enjoy family time and the incredible food. My sister’s TV doesn’t leave the Hallmark channel until well into the new year.

For me, it’s my Christmas reading. I hoard Christmas books all year long be
Margaret Sholders
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
1. This is a good short story to start off Christmas. This will have you on your toes in places and tears in others. Colleen has given us a good story line for this novella. Lauren ran from a job to save a horse. Spoiler. She goes back to a place she was before. Spoiler. Rick and Allie take in damaged children and horses. They work to change them. So if you like a story of runaways, a damaged Ranger, and people who want Lauren dead this is your book to read. It really is a good story!
2. This is
Janet Reeves
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book showed up on my doorstep as a happy surprise. I love Colleen Coble's books. They are always the perfect combination of romance, suspense, mystery, and insight. All Is Calm/All Is Bright is actually two stories for the price of one, novellas for Christmas set in places familiar to Coble's fans: Bluebird Ranch and Hope Beach. This means readers get to learn what's going on in the lives of familiar characters while discovering the fates of some of the minor characters from Coble's books.

T
Nadine
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
These are two novellas in one book. I didn’t realize that when I requested it, my fault. Apparently, All is Calm is from the Lonestar series and All is Bright connects to the Hope Beach series. I haven’t read either of these series but I still enjoyed these two novellas. You have a little mystery, a little love, and a Christmas theme. Let’s be honest, my request was solely based on Christmas!! I saw the cover and said YES!!!! and knew nothing about the books. While it wasn’t what I suspected, th ...more
Jennifer Ritter
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
All Is Calm, All Is Bright, by Colleen Coble, are Chrisstmas novellas in her Lonestar Mystery series and Hope Beach series, respectively.

In All is Calm, Lauren Everman is a lady on the lam. As a murder witness, Lauren is hiding from the murderer by seeking refuge at Bluebird Ranch where she had found refuge as a teenage foster child. Special ops marine Brendan Waddell has also sought out his friends who own the ranch to spend a restful holiday as he recovers from a major injury gotten in the lin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Vampires, Weres a...: All Is Calm / All Is Bright 17 19 Dec 13, 2017 11:19AM
Contemporary Chri...: Week Two Christmas Giveaway 1 9 Dec 11, 2015 10:08AM

• A Treasury of Christmas Miracles: True Stories of God's Presence Today
  • Sarah's Song (The Red Gloves, #3)
  • Maggie's Miracle (The Red Gloves, #2)
  • Point of Danger (Triple Threat, #1)
  • Remembering Christmas
  • Blind Betrayal (Defenders of Justice #3)
  • Fatal Frost (Defenders of Justice, #1)
  • Christmas at Carnton (Carnton, #0.5)
  • Dark Deception (Defenders of Justice #2)
  • The Christmas Angel Project
  • Christmas at Rose Hill Farm: An Amish Love Story (Stoney Ridge Seasons, #4)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor, #3)
  • Dangerous Illusions (Code of Honor, #1)
  • The Noel Letters
  • The Christmas Swap
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply
  • A Mistletoe Kiss
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.

Hope Beach (3 books)
  • Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1)
  • Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach #2)
  • Seagrass Pier (Hope Beach, #3)

News & Interviews