Start by marking “Charmed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #2)” as Want to Read:
Charmed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #2)

Charmed

(Fairy Tale Reform School #2)

Charmed is the exciting sequel to the wildly popular Flunked -- second in the brand new Fairy Tale Reform School series where the teachers are (former) villains. "Charming fairy-tale fun." -Sarah Mlynowski, author of the New York Times bestselling Whatever After series.

It takes a (mostly) reformed thief to catch a spy. Which is why Gilly Cobbler, Enchantasia’s most notorio
Published March 2016 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

To ask other readers questions about Charmed, please sign up.
LJS As far as I know, so far I believe that there are 4. Flunked, Charmed, Tricked, and Switched.

Start your review of Charmed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #2)
Irena BookDustMagic
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just when you think that there’s no way a cover could ever be prettier then the one for Flunked, Charmed comes out and it blows your mind with it’s gorgeousness.
Just look how pretty it is!
Soooo pretty….

In this, second installment of Fairy Tale Reform School series, we are back in Enchantasia, the land of all the fairytale cratures.
Our main character, Gilly, is still in Fairy Tale Reform School.
The old cast of students and professors is still almost the same and they are still awesome crew to rea
T.J. Burns
Yet another exciting adventure for Gillian Cobbler and her fairy tale friends! Gilly finds that living up to a hero's reputation is not as easy as it might seem. She has trouble balancing fame and admiration with the precarious and dangerous position she has put herself and her family into. She quickly learns, however, that she can not go it alone if she expects to battle the most evil villains the fairy tale world has ever seen. But who should she trust? And who might betray her?

My nine-year-o
Kayla
*NOTE: This a review of the entire series.*

Even though I'm 27, every now and then I like to read a middle-grade novel. There's something magical about a good middle-grade book. I love getting swept up in a story of good versus evil, where the good guy always wins in the end. It just leaves you with a warm and cozy feeling. I was looking through the books on my Kindle and saw that I owned all of the Fairy Tale Reform School series, and decided to binge read it. I loved it. I flew through the enti
Faith M:)
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sequel!!! A quick read but the storyline was great- and Gilly is still hilarious as ever😂😂😂

Can’t wait to read Tricked!!!

PS When are Jax and Gilly gonna get together??? 😂😂😂
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the second story in the Fairy Tale Reform School series, we are back in Enchantasia, the land of all the fairytale characters. Even though Gilly and her friends saved the day in Flunked, they are still students at FTRS. The students are pretty much the same, but with Harlowe (The Evil Queen) in the dungeon, Blackbeard the Pirate has been added to the staff. Unfortuntely, Harlowe escapes with the help of Alva, the wicked fairy and they begin recruiting to take over Enchantasia.

Gilly's characte
Amanda Kratz
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Still a really cute book! (Middle Grade). I just felt the plot was a bit more predictable in this one versus the last.

So similar to he first book we are still following Gilly (The cobbler’s daughter) while she attends fairy tale reform school. She teams up with fairies, witches, ogres and pirates to help stop the school from being taken over from bad guys.

I really wish there was a tad bit of romance in these books. I know the characters are 12/13 but can Jax and Gilly kiss already? Sigh.

I thoug
Donna
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway (thanks btw!) in exchange for an honest review. And here it is:

Very cute and creative! The secret-spy villain was pretty predictable and turned from fairly menacing to kind of pathetic toward the end, but aside from that I really enjoyed this book! The world-building was fun, I loved all the main characters (except maybe the main protagonist, but at least I sympathized with her and she wasn't truly annoying--just in need of a good scolding (view
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
It was so wonderful returning to Fairy Tale Reform School! If you haven't read it yet, you really should check out the first book in the series Flunked. You can find my review for it on my blog - Reading is Better With Cupcakes.

That being said, since this is the second book in the series, there may be some minor spoilers for the first book within. So read on at your own risk.

Charmed takes off pretty much where Flunked ended. We are still at the Fairy Tale Reform School and we still have most of
Sheila Beaumont
The second book in Jen Calonita's hilarious and delightful Fairy Tale Reform School series, Charmed is just as much fun as its predecessor, Flunked. In this one, mostly reformed thief Gilly Cobbler and her friends must identify and catch a mole at the school who is helping Alva, the evil fairy who cursed Sleeping Beauty, take over the kingdom of Enchantasia.

Gilly does turn a bit unlikable at times in this installment. She becomes quite egotistical over her popularity after her recent heroism and
Edilyn
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book really impress me because it talks about magical things. It's also about Gilly who volunteered to go Fairy Tale Reform School. Each of the students including Gilly had their own magic wound, but it has a limit. Gilly is popular in their school for saving the school because Alva the evil princess tries to ruin their school. So Gilly and her friends plan to stop Alva from taking other students. I really like this book like so much because I like how they included princesses and I like p ...more
Emma
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SOOO good!!! Just as good as the first. 😍😍😍❤️❤️
Hazel
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Charming
Malissa
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
If your middle grade reader(s) are looking for a dull, unfunny, eye-rolling read....DO NOT LOOK HERE!

Charmed brings us back into the fold of the FTRS (Fairy Tale Reform School) not long after Flunked (book 1) ends with Alva being placed under lock and key in the dungeons of FTRC. As with Flunked, Charmed starts of with a scroll from the 'Happily Ever After Scrolls', one of my favorite parts of this series, giving us a quick look back to what happened in the first book.

Alva has bee captured, Gi
Sharon Tyler
Apr 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Charmed is the second book in the Fairy Tail Reform School series by Jen Calonita. I highly recommend reading the first book, Flunked, before reading this one (mainly because it was a fun read). While getting the full picture always makes for a better read, I think new readers could catch up to speed if they want to, but I do not suggest it.

It takes a (mostly) reformed thief to catch a spy. Gilly Cobbler, Enchantasia's most notorious pickpocket, and her friends may have defeated the Evil Queen
Emma
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I lapped up the first in the series, like it was the only water in a huge desert. This book didn't quite live up to it's glory, don't get me wrong it was good and I enjoyed it, just not quite as much as the first.

The problems I had with this were: Gilly had gone from a great fun character to a whiny character that was extremely full of herself. She was mean to people who were meant to be her friends and nice to pe
Kathy
Charmed by Jen Calonita

Charmed is the 2nd book in the series of Fairy Tale Reform School. Gilly Cobbler was hailed as a hero in the first series after she had capture Alva the evil spellcaster. Now Alva has escaped and has taken her sister Halow to gain an army to rule over Enchantria. Gilly and her friends set to find out who the mole is for Alva. Just seems each time they are ahead of the game they fall two steps behind. Gilly is very surprised to find out who the mole is and wishing that she
Ellen
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
An editor at Sourcebooks Jabberwocky asked me to read and review this second installment in the Fairy Tale Reform School series. My students enjoyed the first book, Flunked, so I was glad to take Netgalley's ARC copy and give it a go. I was not disappointed. Charmed retains all the fun of the original and brings us back into the world of villains trying to make good in the world. Gilly has stayed on at FTRS and has let her notariety go to her head a bit. We are shocked to see her join the Royal ...more
angel jewel
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
At first, I didn't know that this was the 2nd book because I didn't read the 1st book yet. There's this girl named Gilly and she goes to a Fairytale Reform School, her teachers are villains so that means that the students are also bad. Gilly steals from people, that's why her parents sent her there. Alva, who cursed sleeping beauty, wanted the students from Fairytale Reform school to help her in the war she's going to have with the princesses. Gilly had to be like a spy to find out the betrayer. ...more
Ashley Brooke
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just as enjoyable as the first book! A great series for someone looking for a light, fun read!
Ana
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful sequel to the first book called Flunked. I can't wait to read the third Tricked!!!
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books are adorable!
Natalie
Gilly and her friends are still on the lookout for how to protect the school from Alva (the wicked fairy who cursed Sleeping Beauty). Gilly has a plan to infiltrate Rose’s clique of ladies in waiting but that means leaving her friends behind. Gilly is sure she is up to the task, she’s the hero, isn’t she?

It took me several months to actually finish this book. I didn’t really have strong feelings about it either way. The cover is gorgeous and I love love love the concept and the fairy tale world
Jessica F
Really really did not care for what Calonita did with Gilly's character in this second installment. It was a shame to see the series protagonist turn into a "cool girl" trope. Gillian's not like other girls - she doesn't like pink. She only joins the Royal Ladies in Waiting Club because she wants to find the mole at FTRS. She outfences Jocelyn despite having only ever pretended to fight with the fireplace poker at home. Gag.
Daphne
This book series gets even better in this sequel to "Flunked" about the Fairy Tale Reform School. This installment is full of adventure, mystery, and fairy tale references, but my favorite parts have to do with strong, genuine character development. Plus, the narrator really does the characters justice. Fun series - can't wait for the next!
Erin
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gilly and her friends work to find out who is Alva's spy in FTRS. Gilly's family is doing much better after her dad's glass slipper business being restored. Gilly learns that being the hero doesn't always mean doing it by yourself. Sometimes you need some help.
Andrea
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the setting and the villains being reformed. Gilly was a little unbearable at times, but she learned. And I liked the story with the mole.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
It was nice to see character development with Gilly in this sequel. Pretty clean content-wise and an easy read.
Jessica Robbins
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs... ...more
Naomi
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Next to Harry Potter, FTRS is my favorite series. Omg it is IMPOSSIBLE to put down. Highly recommend.
Cathleen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, it was better than the prequel.

• Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel (Tyme #1)
  • If the Magic Fits (100 Dresses, #1)
  • Twice Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #2)
  • Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella (Tyme, #2)
  • Half Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #1)
  • The Dirt Diary (The Dirt Diary, #1)
  • Ghost of a Chance (100 Dresses, #2)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • The Land of Stories Collection 4 Book Set (The Land of Stories, #1-4)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin
  • The Starlight Slippers (100 Dresses, #3)
  • The Bravest Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #3)
  • Wednesdays in the Tower (Castle Glower, #2)
  • Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap (Twice Upon a Time, #2)
  • The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1)
  • A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1)
Hi Goodreads!
I'm Jen Calonita, a MG and YA author who loves what I do because it lets me connect with all of you (and no, I wasn't intending for that to rhyme!).

I've been writing ever since I can remember, but it was fourth grade when I put my "three wishes" for a genie down on paper. They were:
#1. Buy all the Cabbage Patch Kids in the world and give them away for free (because apparently that wa

Fairy Tale Reform School (6 books)
  • Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)
  • Tricked (Fairy Tale Reform School #3)
  • Switched (Fairy Tale Reform School #4)
  • Wished (Fairy Tale Reform School #5)
  • Cursed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #6)