Start by marking “Taming Tigers” as Want to Read:
Taming Tigers

Taming Tigers

Seventeen year old Talia is struggling to earn a living as a seamstress, surviving in the infamous Camps of war torn Arista. When her soldier fiancé Kellar suggests a bizarre route of escape — stowing away in the cross desert freight train to Leonore, Talia jumps at the chance.

In Leonore she can marry Kellar and expand her business — leaving the war behind... But a freak a
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 193 pages
Published July 30th 2015 by Fire and Ice Young Adult Books (first published June 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Taming Tigers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Tigers

Start your review of Taming Tigers
Emmyjo
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although this book started off a little slow. It got a lot better towards the middle. The main character struggles through her revenge and hatred towards the person responsible for everything in her life. She has plans to reach her goal with her mind setting of what should she do? She goes through different adventures good and bad, the journey is long. But she meets a stranger who becomes a friend. I recommend this book to anyone wanting to read how to either her past sorrow or who wants happien ...more
Samantha Bertish
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love, love love. I just couldn't put this book down, particularly towards the end.
Abi Truelove
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A real page-turner :) - an awesome and imaginative story sensitively and vividly told, with characters you find yourself genuinely caring about.
Five stars! I'm looking forward to the sequel!
Michelle Knight
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story is definitely a breath of fresh air. White's travelling seems to have given her access to cultures and traditions which are outside my usual reading, while staying on this planet and in this time zone. It was a very welcome change for me.

The book blurb at the back gave everything away, while giving nothing away; if you know what I mean. The way things were panning out, I thought I had the whole thing stitched up by the end of chapter two and was getting a little blasé; so when the suc
Billy Buttons
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Title: Taming Tigers
Cover 4/10
Plot 8/10
Total 25/40
Of the 16 readers:
9 would read another book by this author.
6 thought the plot was the best part of the book.
1 thought the cover was good or excellent.
3 felt the characters were too shallow.
2 felt it lacked originality.
7 felt the writing style was easily accessible.

Readers’
Breanna Eichhorn
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kellar only flies for a couple hours in the morning to check to make sure that there are no rebel movements in Arista. Kellar is always bugging Talia, she asks him to leave because she thinks by him hanging around her booth is going to scare people away since he is in uniform. Talia and Kellar are together but with Kellar having to go back home to Leonore. There is stuff that Talia doesn't know will she find out?
Kellar is a reconnaissance pilot for the Leonore Army, he is Talia's boyfriend. Tal
Caroline
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story of a somewhat fantasy world set in a dystopian-like war-torn country.

Talia is a strong, independent woman - she has to be. She's a refugee of the war. Stuck in the slums, unable to marry the man she loves, a soldier named Kellar. But then Kellar has an idea, if he can sneak her back to his homeland, they can be legally married before she is deported.

Easy enough, right? Wrong. Everything goes wrong with her escape plan and she must call upon her inner strength to survive be
Daisy White
Sep 07, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
No, this isn't me rating the book, but a paste of a great review very kindly submitted by reviewer Julie Martin. I really appreciate the time taken to give this feedback Julie!
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of this book. Once I started to read I was hooked. Its a tale of love tinged with heartache, once Talia discovers a painful truth she has a decision to make. Talia is a very strong character, Her pure will and determination to survive and reach her destination is clear very early o
Elizabeth Ehlen
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not all fairy tales are about finding the handsome prince. Sometimes he’s the ancillary character, and the real challenge is killing the evil king. But how is a poor seamstress to take on one of the most evil warlords in the region?

Once again, Daisy White offers a strong female character rising above her circumstances to save the day. This one involves an actual physical journey in addition to a metaphoric one, and it is a harrowing journey full of ghosts, tigers and discoveries. I really enjoy
D.G. Driver
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a terrific book. It reminded me of a rollercoaster where there were slow parts where you tick-tick-tick up that incline, full of anticipation for the thrill of all the dips, whips and spins that are over the crest. When the action scenes happened, and there were lots of them, they were vivid and enthralling. Danger permeates the story through an exciting climax. If you have read Allie Condle's Crossed, you will enjoy this book. I highly recommend it for older YA and New Adult readers.
Natasha Murray
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Taming Tigers and did not want it to end. Daisy White has created a dramatic and engaging storyline and you cannot help but become emotionally involved. The words flowed effortlessly and brought to life Talia’s dystopian world. Definitely a page turner and both young and old will enjoy this book. I am looking forward to reading the sequel.
David Beecroft
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very strong female lead character in Talia and a story of survival, revenge and moving on from the past. Set in a world torn apart by war, it is a very modern fairy-tale, with a surprising twist at the end. Very enjoyable.
Marion Neale
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gripping adventure, extremely topical.
Interesting twist near the end.
This is an action packed thriller, fast paced throughout.
Mathew Bridle
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not being a chick lit fan I still found this to be enjoyable, a tad rushed at the end but still a good romp. There is a sequel out nest year which I will no doubt read.
Andrea Quigley
Sweetpea
K
Wiliam Gossage
Oct 06, 2015
Daisy White's latest book, the first in a brand new crime series, is out now. GLASS DOLLS is published by Joffe Books and follows Detective Dove Milson in her first case for the Major Crimes Team.

Daisy also writes cosy crime, including the Amazon bestselling RUBY BAKER SEASIDE MYSTERIES for Joffe Books, plus psychological thrillers - REMEMBER ME and THE FORGOTTEN CHILD for HQ Digital/HarperCollins

News & Interviews