Start by marking “French Kissing” as Want to Read:
French Kissing

French Kissing

Anna Mitchel has been writing letters to her French penfriend, Alexandre Tourville, for fifteen years, but hasn’t seen him since an exchange trip when they were at school. But when Alex, now a successful photographer, has the opportunity to work in London, Anna offers him a place to stay but is astounded that the small, geeky boy she remembers is now tall, broad-shouldered ...more
Published August 20th 2015 by Accent Press

To ask other readers questions about French Kissing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about French Kissing

Start your review of French Kissing
Jenny Worstall
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hugely enjoyable, beautifully crafted and sizzling with romance! I loved the comedy moments (the ghastly Mrs Cooper sticks in my mind...) and the descriptions of Paris made me want to book a mini break as soon as possible.
Terry Tyler
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this was a pleasant and undemanding afternoon's reading! Light romance/romcom is not a preferred genre of mine, but there was something about the blurb that appealed to me.

Anna Mitchel, London girl, has been writing to French penfriend Alexandre since she was eleven. Now, they're in their late twenties, and Alex has come to visit. Anna's boyfriend Nick is not pleased about the sudden appearance of this sexy Frenchman, and Anna is disturbed by the fact that all her friends fancy him. Then t
Jacqueline
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: france, paris, romance
This is a novel with a beautiful cover and a delicious French twist. Anna has been writing real letters to her French penfriend Alexandre for fifteen years, since they met on their school exchange. He was a weedy, geeky guy who over the years she has shared many things with, but they haven’t met up since school. As soon as I read the penfriend concept of this book in the synopsis I knew this was a book for me. I have fond memories of writing to my French penfriends and I’m sure I’ve even got the ...more
Bookmarked
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The story starts with letters written by the awkward and inexperienced hands of two children: Anna from London and Alex from Paris. At first, they don't know what to say to each other. Anna is practising her French, Alex his English, but with time, intimacy of friendship grows between them. This is reinforced when they meet face to face and spend some time together. They are mates. They can trust each other. They have the purity of true friendship between them.

Then, years later, Alex arrives in
Sandy Barker
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A stand-out romcom from Lynne Shelby. I loved this book. It's well-paced, the characters are beautifully rendered, her evocation of setting is excellent. Fun, flirty, heartfelt.
A must read!
Sammy Vowles
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Susanne Baker
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun light hearted read, filled with interesting and likeable characters.
I enjoyed seeing how the friendship between the main characters grew and blossomed. There were plenty of little twists and turns and I loved the trip to Paris!
A real page turner of a book.
I will definitely read more of Lynne’s books in the future.
Suze Lavender
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anna and Alexandre have been penfriends ever since they were teenagers. They met once when they were thirteen and kept in touch ever since. Fifteen years later Alex is coming to London to work there for a couple of months. He's from France, but he has an English mother. He's a photographer and needs a change of scenery because of a bad breakup. When Anna sees him again she's amazed as the geeky teenager Alex has grown into a very handsome man.

Anna and Alex are very close, but they're just friend
ChillwithabookAWARD With
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
French Kissing has received a Chill with a Book Readers' Award
www.chillwithabook.com
A. P.
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe not my cuppa tea

The story was pretty cut and dry.
Childhood pen pals.
Childhood pen pal visits.
Turns out to be uber hot.
The annoying internal struggle of being friendzoned.
Yadi ya blah blah, bam 'I love you'.

Anna annoyed me. Because her train of thought was so... ugh.
Nick can go kick rocks.
Everyone was so... superficial.
Alex... I get it. He's hot. Whatever. But he seemed to be the only practical one there. Jeez.
No one had their own voice while I read.
Just one tone.
I was disappointed, but
eme☾
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Compre este libro por comprar, y voy a ser muy corta con respecto a el. La historia es totalmente predecible y es mas de un monton, pero si alguna vez tuvieron la suerte de conocer Paris o Londres, las dos ciudades donde transcurre la historia, se nota que la autora conoce muy bien estos lugares dado que describe calles, paisajes a la perfeccion. Solo por eso, porque me recordo a esas ciudades hermosas, le puse una estrella mas.
Carmen Chao
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply beautiful

I fell in love with characters Ana and Alex... you don't see that type of friendship anymore...... and great friendship turned to the perfect love story. I highly recommend this love story.
MLOW
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
3.5
Kerry Richardson
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very nice feel good story with wonderful characters.
Priscilla Donato
Dec 16, 2015
Paula Aston
Dec 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Indian in the Cupboard (The Indian in the Cupboard, #1)
  • The Secrets She Keeps
  • Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation
  • I've Got You Under My Skin (Under Suspicion, #1)
  • The Little Big Things: A Young Man's Belief That Every Day Can Be a Good Day
  • Tell the Wolves I'm Home
  • Sevens Heaven: The Beautiful Chaos of Fiji’s Olympic Dream
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • Girl Last Seen
  • The Woman Inside
  • The Friends We Keep
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • Best Friends Forever
  • The Day We Met
  • Whispers In The Village (Tales from Turnham Malpas #11)
  • My People, the Amish: The True Story of an Amish Father and Son
  • The Christmas Stocking and Other Stories
  • Life as I Know It
Lynne Shelby writes contemporary women’s fiction/romance.

Her debut novel, ‘French Kissing’ won the Accent Press and Woman magazine Writing Competition. Her latest novel is The Summer of Taking Chances, out on 4th June 2020.

When not writing or reading, Lynne can usually be found at the theatre or exploring a foreign city - Paris, New York, Rome, Copenhagen, Seattle, Reykjavik - writer's notebook,