Start by marking “Quietus” as Want to Read:
Quietus

Read Book

Quietus

All Nick ever wanted, was to be accepted - to fit into society, to be noticed by his parents, and to fall irrevocably in love.

One out of three wasn't bad. And Sophie: beautiful; passionate; impulsive Sophie; said she loved him too … up until the day she killed herself.

Wracked by grief and desperate to abscond, he moves to Jersey where he meets Carrie in the woods that
Published July 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Quietus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quietus

Start your review of Quietus
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: format-print
Sometimes, we don’t search for a particular book to read. It just finds us. That happened to me with “Quietus”. One of the best books I’ve read this year. I connected to Nick immediately, and the story was appealing, so it was a struggle to close the book. This is one of the books that you read in one breath. I could connect with all the characters, with Nick, with Carrie, even with Sophie.

The description about them made me like them in a different way, all of them, yes, even Sophie. The author
Cheryl
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
What to say about this book?

It is a sad tale, full of intrigue from the start. Nicely written as it gently pulls you in, it doesn’t shout, it’s more subtle than that which I like and makes for a nice change of pace.

It can be a little soppy or romantic at times, or cheesy as I would put it but it manages to stay on the right side of too much for me.

So all starts off well, sad and a little disturbed but well enough and then BAM, 50% in and WTF! There is quite a confusing twist, it was odd and har
Kate
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An emotionaly-charged, dark and gripping adventure into teenage romance.

I was recommended to read this book, being told “I can’t tell you much about it” so immediately I was curious.
Unknowingly is exactly how you should dive into this gritty but charmingly British story of a confused, grief-stricken yet relateable teenager dealing with the loss of his first love.
I was immersed in this character’s world from the first page and intrigued until the very last! I found myself gasping out loud at some
David Sellars
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a Young Adult / New Adult / Street Literature genre novel. I believe you will have not have read anything like this before, especially in this genre, and not have encountered an antagonist so utterly malevolent. It’s mysterious, dark, disturbing, unsettling, twisted and sexy, with a few nasty twists along the way. I am aware of at several readers who read it from cover to cover without putting it down and others being reduced to tears whilst enjoying Quietus.

The book is available via Am
Sal Noel
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
if I'd have read this at 17 I would have loved it. It's raunchy with out-of-the-ordinary characters. It's slightly a victim of its own success in that you read it quickly, skimming to get to the story, but then you don't take in the detail.
However, at my age, ( so why am I still reading YA books?) I need a bit more, so only a 3. I would recommend this to anyone still at school as it does tackle issues I've never come across in a book before. A hearty well done to Mr Sellers.

(5 stars from my yo
L.E. Fred
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
While the premise and general plot of the story were intriguing, I feel that the novel wasn't executed properly for a proper delivery. The characters are strong and compelling, but artificial relationships, glaringly obvious grammatical errors, and the strange and unnecessarily overly dramatic twist at the end watered down what could have been a great read. It was a page-turner, however, and full of drama of the teenage angst variety.
David Sellars
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christine
rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2017
Mar 31, 2017
Rebecca
Apr 01, 2017

• The Assistant
  • Prey for Us (Prey for Us, #1)
  • Benjamin's Parasite
  • Children of Eden (Children of Eden, #1)
  • Locke & Key, Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft
  • Stepping Out of Stream
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed, #1)
  • I love the Screaming: A Short Horror Story
  • Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1)
  • Martian Time-Slip
  • Randomize
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination
  • Emergency Skin
  • The Last Conversation
  • Summer Frost
  • Ark
  • Elites of Eden (Children of Eden, #2)
  • Rebels of Eden (Children of Eden, #3)
1 follower
David Sellars was born in Jersey, Channel Islands where he still resides. He was educated locally before attending Nene University College in Northampton. He later studied fiction and playwriting with The Open University and shortly after, completed a Masters Degree in Professional Writing from University College Falmouth. He has two short stories in print and Quietus is his first full-length nove ...more

News & Interviews