Start by marking “Lady Dragon, Tela Du (The Rizkaland Legends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lady Dragon, Tela Du (The Rizkaland Legends, #2)

Lady Dragon, Tela Du (The Rizkaland Legends #2)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Two girls with one face
Two girls with twisted fate
One in purple, one in red
One shall speak the other’s death
Who shall win their final war?
Lady Dragon or Tela Du?

Amber, the Lady Dragon, has been promised a fifty-year reign over Rizkaland and nothing can stop her from claiming it. But when you've lived six thousand years, fifty is such a pitiful number. Only one person can k
Published October 19th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Dragon, Tela Du, please sign up.
Kendra Ardnek I'm so sorry that I didn't see this question until now - it released today!

Kendra Ardnek
I just wanted to say that this is a book that I cannot wait to share with the world. It's the book that taught me how to write, a story with such beautiful themes of love, trust, courage, and forgiveness. I know that Clara and Andrew aren't in the story, but I'm sure that once you read it, you won't be disappointed with the heroes of this tale.
Morgan
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't terribly excited about this book to start with--I wanted book three so I could have more Clarand. But that sort of sentiment? Totally foolish. Because while I still can't wait for book three (and want it even more now), LDTD is AWESOME! Like, way better than WPFP. I didn't think that was possible, but wow. You find out so much about Amber and Granite, and there are Reuben and Petra!

First Reuben. I'll be interviewing him next week, so you'll get to meet him. Reuben is the brother I never
Sarah Taleweaver
A year and a month ago, Kendra E. Ardnek released Water Princess, Fire Prince , the first book in the Rizkaland Legends. I enjoyed it; it wasn't amazing, but it was creative and a fun read and had a cute main couple and a good theme. I expected roughly the same from Lady Dragon, Tela Du- but when I opened the book, what I found blew me away. Why? I'm glad you asked.

(But, first, a bit of background to this review: I beta-read Lady Dragon, Tela Du before Ir ead it for this review, which basically
Karis
Lady Dragon, Tela Du, book two of the portal fantasy series, the Rizkaland Legends- how can I start to tell you about this book? By now, I’ve read quite a few books by the author, Kendra E. Ardnek, and I have to say that this book is my favorite. (In a close second would be The Ankulen , which is a humorous tale of adventure within one’s imagination that packs a powerful message inside its covers.) Kendra’s writing style has improved drastically since her very first books. I enjoy reading her, n ...more
serena482*
This was a really good read. :) I was kind of debating whether to rate it 5 stars or 4.5. *shrugs* Well anyways, it was a really good book and I really enjoyed it. The main characters are Petra, Reuben and Amber. Along with a few other people. :) Petra and Reuben go through a house and end up in a different world, they are confused and wary, but they would never know what exactly they were getting into. Filled with action and somewhat hilarious at times, this book was pretty good. I liked Reuben ...more
Addyson Huneke
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I totally called most of the plot twists. The book still kept me up, though, way past when I should have gone to bed. But I had to finish it so I could focus on my review of Reversal Zone. (At least, that's what I told myself.) At any rate, Kendra has entered my roster of evil authors.

Writing: 4.75/5
Kendra's writing style is very fitting for her personality. Really fun, yet somehow serious, too. It was really well-written. The only drawback was the many typos. Some of them were fixed, but I didn
Erika Mathews
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lady Dragon, Tela Du is an epic. It’s set in the colorful and imaginative world of Rizkaland – a world plagued with its own problems, not the least of them being Amber, the Lady Dragon. Intriguing characters and stunning plot twists fill the pages of this tale. You’ll be on the edge of your seat as you read.

Writing: Good
This story has undergone countless rewrites and revisions, and it shows in the final product. Since I had the privilege of being an alpha reader for this story, I read the last t
Alyssa
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Good:

So, guys, you know the Second Book Syndrome thing-y? Yeah, well, this kicks that in the face! With a metal-toed boot. Um-hm.

Anyways. This was DEFINITELY a worthy sequel to Water Princess, Fire Prince! Like, I just finished both LDTD and WPFP, and I can’t choose which I like better!

I love the ships in this book! Like, they’re all so cute and some *ahem* my favorite *ahem* is adorably awkward.

The characters are all so awesome, and most of them are fleshed out! Petra is really similar to a
Kate Willis
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Hooray for another trip to Rizkaland! I loved the witty dialogue and world building once again. Petra and Reuben had a really hilarious and cute relationship, and (view spoiler). I honestly nearly cried when he (view spoiler). My favorite character is definitely Laura (I'm loving the snippets of her backstory), but I did develop a pretty huge respect/liking/crush on Granite at one po ...more
Ivy Rose
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review to come. :)
Aster
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A good second book, and I look forward to reading the third in the series! I knocked off a star for the characters, while fully developed, I just didn't relate to them. This book has slightly more romance than the first in this series, but it didn't bother me. I love love love the worldbuilding, and the plot doesn't suffer. The flow is a little different from "normal" books, but it never lost my attention. I really enjoyed Lady Dragon, Tela Du.
Catherine Regitz
I hate doing this, but it's about time I DNFed this book. I'm done. It's annoying the heck out of me, it's been almost a year, and I don't want to finish.
I'm giving it two stars instead of one because--I don't know--it could get better? Also, I really like Kendra E. Ardnek. She's a great inspiration to many, even me at one point, and it's amazing what she's done.
But this book is not my cup of tea. I did enjoy Water princess, Fire Prince, but that was also years ago and my opinions have changed
Amanda
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Okay, so the read dates aren't accurate on here, but that's because I was a beta-reader and I don't remember when exactly I read this. So. Without further ado...

This book was fantastic. I loved Water Princess, Fire Prince, but this one knocked my socks off. (Well. It would've, had I been wearing socks.) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Reuben and Petra...and their powers. Oh my word their powers are adorable and cool all at once.

But not just Reuben and Petra! All the characters in this book are so well devel
Brie Donning
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I'm not sure I've had more fun reading any book other than Lady Dragon, Tela Du.

Perhaps it was because I first read it aloud with brothers and had a chat group with other readers. Or perhaps it was also because it's a great book. And this is why I love it.

It’s as good as the first book

Or better. It doesn’t suffer from any common second book problems. But then it’s not exactly a second book, since Kendra has been working on it much longer.
It touched on many of the same things, but in a fresh way
Elizabeth
Mnm
Dec 29, 2015
Marize
Dec 30, 2015
The Rizkaland Leg...: Lady Dragon, Tela Du *Spoiler Alert* 13 11 Dec 31, 2016 09:44AM
Kendra E. Ardnek has been writing her own stories since she was a toddler. She fell in love with books, drama, and fairy tales at a very young age - and has been filling notebooks with her stories for years. Joining NaNoWriMo gave her an opportunity to be a published author at 16.

She writes her blog, homeschools, cooks, knits, and crafts when she isn't writing stories and acting them out with her
More about Kendra E. Ardnek

The Rizkaland Legends (4 books)
  • Water Princess, Fire Prince (The Rizkaland Legends, #1)
  • Ear of the People (The Rizkaland Legends, #1.5)
  • Love and Memory (The Rizkaland Legends #3)
“Honestly, I think we ought to try. I mean, if it’s Alphego’s decision and Alphego is really what they call God here … then I really don’t want to be running from something that He wants me to do. I mean, Jonah tried running and only ended up in the belly of a fish, and then he still had to do what God had asked him to do in the first place. I don’t know about you, but I personally don’t want to risk being eaten by a fish.” 1 likes