Start by marking “Hookah (Insanity, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hookah (Insanity, #4)

Hookah (Insanity #4)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  1,236 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
A Plague Scarier than Death

Alice and the Pillar have to stop a Wonderland Monster who'd lashed out an incurable disease onto the world. Their biggest challenge is that the world loves this monster so much.

A Cure Larger than Life
The only way to save the world is to travel to the other side of the globe, and peek into one of Lewis Carroll and the Pillar's darker pasts.

A
Published September 28th 2015 by Story Book - Akmaledin Farouk Ali Shebl

To ask other readers questions about Hookah, please sign up.
Kseniia From Cam's comment on facebook: I don't know how many book the series will have. We still need to reach a conclusion of the story, who characters like…moreFrom Cam's comment on facebook: I don't know how many book the series will have. We still need to reach a conclusion of the story, who characters like Waltraud and Truckle really are. We haven't met the Hatter or Lewis' Carroll alter ego yet. so there are a few books to come I believe, let alone a few other magical places inspired by wonderland:)(less)

TL
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The truth is madder than fiction

Another fun and crazy ride... We get a few more answers to some question, though some of those answers lead to more questions ;-)

I have this nagging feeling in my head about Tom Truckle but can't put my finger on it , grrr. Hopefully the answer to him will be in the next book.

A hint at the end about the Pillar and a certain someone certainly has my interest peaked... (view spoiler)
Phoenix2
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alice in Wonderland fans
Jessica George
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet!

I love love love this series...it's amazing and keeps getting better! I am sad this one has ended, it means now I have to wait for the next one again! These books are so fun and creative, and I hate finishing them because then I inevitably miss the characters. This book brought all the minor characters (in the series) to life in 3-D and made the storyline even more interesting. Alice and (some of) the Inklings attempt to save the world again, with the Pillar's help and guest appeara
Nele
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, fairytale
Wonderfully mad and wonderfully insane!
This book just makes me want to have more insanity in my life. I laughed out loud at some of the phrases in the book.
"I've always wanted to blow up my employees"
"No more Sundays"
"Do I look good for the end of the world?"
And "the world is a marshmallow bubble of mess"

I absolutely loved the madness in this one. And this isn't the end, so more books to come. Can't wait
=> A dose of insanity a day keeps the doctor away
Concetta Phillipps
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you've been reading along the Insanity series, volume 4 is a real triumph. The characters get more nuanced, the action becomes inter-continental, and you get more of everything you want in the story! What I really liked about Hookah was the focus on the background of the Pillar. So much of what we've seen of him hinted at things going one way or the other (good or evil, both or neither) and this brought his background and his foreground together to make him a complete character. And because w ...more
keysha tipton
Couldn't put it down

I have loved this series and I've recommended it any time one of my friends ask for a suggestion of a book series to read. I love the characters so much. Each one is so rich and detailed that it's hard to put it down, you can't wait to see what happens next. This is by far my favorite series.
Lana
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another crazy trip down the rabbit hole. I couldn't put it down. I absolutely love this series! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Siddharth Chakravarthy
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series is like Old wine in a New bottle,
where the Wine gets better and better with age :P
Mila
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dropped-series
I didn't like this book as much as the last one but I'm still really enjoying this series so far. The overall plot and all individual stories are starting to come together; the humour is still weird af and it's all just so mad and queer. And I hope I will enjoy the next book quite as much!
Tiffany Jones
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In book 4 of Cameron Jace's fourth installment of his Insanity series, Alice and the Pillar are off to save the world from yet another of the Wonderland Monsters. They have three days to find a cure for the "incurable" plague that has been unleashed. They have to figure out who cooked the plague up and find a way to stop it. Also, was that Lewis Carrol who is the enemy this time?
I have been enjoying the Insanity series so much. And this book was no exception. More questions were answered about
Rebecca
This is another great book in the series. I am absolutley loving this series and how different it is each book is from the one before.

Alice in this book is encountering Lewis Carroll's evil alter ego who is killing people by making them tell each other the truth. Alice has to travel to the other Wonderlanders spread across the world in order to find the cure for the poison that is killing people.

The most noteworthy secondary character is again Pillar but in this book we get a much bigger glimp
Stephanie
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book because I love the first three books in this series. This book, however; was not nearly as good as the rest. The story was good, but the writing was terrible. It seemed very rushed (and knowing that the author is releasing TWO books in this series this year, that might be why). Instead of rushing to get these books out, I feel like he should have slowed down to make them better. There are many spelling and grammatical errors (and for a paperback, that shouldn't ...more
Chris (1 More Chapter)
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of those series that started out fantastic. I'm reading along, enjoying myself, recommending the series to all my friends... but then I start losing interest. The author starts getting "preachy" about healthy eating and how dangerous the truth is. I start losing momentum as the story arc starts drifting along. I find myself wishing the series was much shorter (see The Mortal Instruments). Overall, I have given up. I will probably talk to a few friends who managed to finish the series ...more
J. Duck
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The story and characters continue to develop as Alice and Pillar try to save the world once again, this time from an end of the world plague that has everyone at each other's throats. Who is this new Wonderland Monster? None other than Lewis Caroll himself.

From England to Columbia to the Vatican, this story doesn't slow down for a moment.

Wonderland characters are choosing sides for the upcoming conflict: The Wonderland Wars.

Let the madness continue...
Thandeka Young
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breathe taking

I am in awe. I been taking to new heights with this book. It was everything and more. The wonderland wars are on their way and I'm still waiting to know anyone's history with one another and alice. The revenge, the hate, the love I'm just in awe. I need book five like yesterday. Cameron Jace just keep out doing his self I'm hungry for more...
Hannah Holland
This series may become the Never Ending Story of Wonderland. There are two more current books to read and I'm already anticipating for the release of book 7 in the Insanity series.
Gayle Noble
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
This is still hands down the weirdest book series I have ever read. But in a good way. Is Pillar good or bad? Is Alice the Real Alice? And what is it with Lewis Carroll?
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, v-o
Adoro esta serie.
Justin Schaber
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the 4th book in the series, it ought not be a surprise what sort of tilt it takes. While I don't see it ever competing for any sort of serious literary award, it is entertaining and a fairly quick read. Despite being filled to the brim with well arranged nonsense (as is rather the point), it manages to do a solid job of continuing to build the characters into something you can grasp hold of. And it does rather tug at the heart-strings from time to time.

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for a struggl
Janet Hardesty
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This book was a great read I have found so far that Cameron Jace writes books that are unput downable. So be warned if you read this story you are likely to be losing sleep and you might even be upset that there are things to do besides read more also be warned this book brings many more questions to be answered
Renetta
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So you’re here reading this, curious if I’m still enjoying this series. I’ve made it this far so I can only answer, “Hookah, Hookah!” and hope you believe me.

Seriously though I am totally hookah’d on this series. Haha

I got more but I’ll save them for later. I’m off to process everything I just read before starting the next book. What a fantastic read!
Amber
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle
Another wild ride, full of mystery and Alice fighting the mad monsters of Wonderland. The plot has progressed nicely, and the modern world is on the cusp of the Wonderland Wars. Fabiola, the Pillar, and Tom Truckle revealed some more of their secrets, and are becoming more complex characters on closer inspection. Looking forward to seeing what adventures the next book will bring!
Danielle Smith
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
You are a genius Cameron Jace!!! I look forward to reading every book you write and I am never disappointed. Hookah was an action packed adventure with another interesting and mysterious villain. I enjoyed learning more about the characters in this book as well and I already got the next book downloaded and ready to go :)
Kayla Hardie
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As much I love the plot twists, some were unnecessary while some events were also unnecessary. I can't wait to continue on with the series, but I also need a break before my brain explodes from all of these plot points.
Dawn
Apr 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Alice is getting a league together to fight Chess. But there is another Wonderland monster spreading a deadly virus across the nation. Alice and Pillar have to go through the mushroom field to find help where they find out Pillar is a big time drug dealer. I did not enjoy this book...
Helen Nguyen
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars
H_M_Stevenson
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So fun!

These books keep me guessing in the best way possible. I can't wait to see what the next one has in store
Peggy
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very twisted tale of what has happened to Wonderland and Alice. But so many questions still to be answered.
Karis Birchwood
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This has got me more gripped into the story. I'm literally about to start the next book, I need to know what happens!
Shannon Hinman
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to the mad world, where there's no shortage of madness.
With a new Wonderland Monster, that made me confused at first because of who he is, on the loose poisoning the world with hookahs, it's up to Alice and The Pillar to - once again - save the day. This time it gets more personal with the Pillar's past, as the antidote is on the other side of the world; some place the Pillar has been before. Alice is amazed at what she's finding out and doesn't know what to think about him. As is t
  • Twisted
  • The Crocodile's Jaws (Alice in Deadland #7)
  • Locks: Rapunzel Unhinged
  • Looking-Glass Girl
  • The Forgotten Mountain (The Collectors' Society, #3)
  • Mildred's Resistance (The Network Series, #0.5)
  • The Darkest Tool
  • Be a Party Plan Superstar: Build a $100,000-A-Year Direct Selling Business from Home
  • Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving
  • Demon Heart (Darkworld, #3)
  • Little Red Writing (Fiery Tales, #5)
  • Bedlam Stories
  • Giant (Naughtily Ever After, #2)
  • Torn Sky (Rebel Wing, #3)
  • A Very Private Life
  • Midwife on Call: Tales of Tiny Miracles
  • Chainsaw Alice in Wonderland
  • The Magic Mirror (The Curious Collectibles, #1)
Bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A traveller and collector of out-of-print books from all over the world, obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Many of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2015 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California. When he isn't writing or collecting bo ...more
More about Cameron Jace

Insanity (8 books)
  • Insanity (Insanity, #1)
  • Figment (Insanity, #2)
  • Circus (Insanity, #3)
  • Wonder (Insanity, #5)
  • Checkmate (Insanity, #6)
  • Family (Insanity, #7)
  • Mushrooms (Insanity, #8)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“That there is nothing wrong with having a dark side. It helps us know, and appreciate, our better side.” 10 likes
“The Wonderland Wars,” Fabiola says. “What did you think those epic fantasies, the Lord of the Rings and Narnia, were about?” No words come out of my mouth. I’m starting to realize how Wonderland is connected to everything. “They were meant to inspire generations and educate them about the idea of good and evil in this world.” Fabiola stops to make sure I am following. “They were discreetly using literature to prepare generations for the Wonderland Wars.” 3 likes