Start by marking “Covet (Sinful Secrets, #3)” as Want to Read:
Covet (Sinful Secrets, #3)

Covet

(Sinful Secrets #3)

Homer Carnegie. Admit it—you know my name. Your kid’s got my e-trading card. Your husband sits up straighter when I stroll onto the TV screen. He knows I’m going to crack the bat and save the day. Even your grandma’s jonesing for my autograph. But women my age? They’re the worst. Or would that be the best?

It’s not my fault they line up at the door. They catch my balls all
Published February 25th 2019

Start your review of Covet (Sinful Secrets, #3)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Covet Teaser 1

Tristan-da-Cunha_5-seriously-remote-getaways

So I feel like Ive been waiting for this story like forever and let me tell you it was definitely worth the long wait.
This was so much more than what I was expecting and I'm going to try and articulate my thoughts and impressions here without giving anything away so you get to experience this as I did blind.
So brief run through here this starts with Finley and her parents and the events that traumatised a little girl of seven on her birthday all those years ago.
The conclusion of this event was w
Sunniva Dee
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know what? Ella James is a master storyteller; she transports you into a completely different world full of passion, characters so alive they pop off the pages, and the truest of loves. Eeep!! “Covet” is so gorgeous! Highly recommended.
Jo
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books ever. Ella James delivers a beautiful story. It has all the feels. Tears, love, lots of 🔥🔥, shocks, twists and just everything! I didn't put it down. I read it in one read. Be prepared to be enthralled by Declan & Finley, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Ella James for letting us experience such emotions through your books!! One-click now! ...more
Jewel Ann
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella James is a brilliant wordsmith. Covet is unexpectedly twisty, heartbreakingly emotional, and addictively sexy!
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
4.5 STARS
This is one long book, for me, I found it a little slow to start with but once it gets going I was really got into the story. I’m not going to go into details of the book as I don’t want to post any spoilers. Ella knows how to write a story that will grip you, have your emotions all over the place. She knows how to pull on your heartstrings, she does it beautifully with this book I really didn’t know what to expect when I opened to read.

I can’t put into words how much I enjoyed this bo
R Rais
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To the all great God of words and amazing stories call books... Covet is that perfect angst romance with a Twist that just makes you want to throw your Kindle while crying and screaming your heart out... It's definitly must read!

Declan is perfect. Or that's how the world see him. But in that Burrow, Finnley see the true Declan.

Finnley is a sweet, shy, and hates him with no reason. But Declan slowly see what other people didn't see in her. A siren. A beautiful soul. Her touch that calm his stor
Myla
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Declan a sexy baseball star marooned to an island. Almost everyone is delighted to his visit where his family is a patron of the place. No one knew the real reason why he's there -- to get rid of something that has hunted him all his life.And he's curious to know what happened to the girl he vividly remembers when he first visited the island with his father more than a decade ago.
"I'm just a girl locked on an island..."
Though life has not been kind to her, having to witness what happened to her
Nilufer Ozmekik
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.65 stars ( I only cut the points because it could be 50 or 70 pages less)
Great, unconventional,tormented, broken souls who are my favorite kind of characters! So emotional, gripping, mind twisting story! Sinful Secrets series are best books of Ella James! They’re real proof that this woman is real gifted writer! If you want to read from heart without romance books cliches and words touch directly to your heart, and meet to a real talented writer, go for this !
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aw wow. This book was totally unexpected for me and I loved it so much.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

The storyline in this book is different to what I’ve read from other books. It’s about old traditions and old ways and a stranger coming to land and ruffling up the place and turning all the heads.

Declan and Finley are a special kind of couple. Watching their relationship throughout this book has been my absolute favourite. She’s inexperienced but doesn’t mind asking questions. S
Sentranced Jem
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019, arc
52591407_10156542113144022_673054163063537664_o

Let us start with the obvious.. That Cover! Look at that cover! I think my eye balls nearly popped out. Lol!

Here's the thing, This is my first Ella James book and after reading the synopsis, I went into this with high expectations. I was looking forward to JUST a hot steamy romance read but I got a whole lot more.

Covet is a thick book! It's so long! (No pun intended)
Don't get me wrong..I have nothing against thick books..the longer the better (Geez...I swear... No pun intended lol!) but It does
Julie
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Wow, what a story, I don’t know where to begin. I don’t won’t to spoil any of the highlights and there were many.
Declan is a baseball player and has decided to stay on the remote island Tristan da Cunha to sort out his life. Finley lives there and is the islands Dr., shepherdess and generally anything else she can help with, she’s sweet and kind and everyone likes her. Declan and Finley had met before long ago but this time their time together becomes much more intense and who knows what could h
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Covet went beyond my expectations. I assumed a passionate though romantic enemies to lovers, but this was so much more. Darker than anticipated, this emotionally raw and harrowing narrative will leave your heart bruised and aching for Declan and Finley as they navigate a relationship where addiction is inescapable. Depicted realistically and unapologetically, the repercussions of substance dependence is broadcasted in distressing matters, but the poise this author approaches the subject with is
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I popped my Ella James cherry with this one and the setting itself stole my heart. Set in a beautiful remote island far away from the Madding Crowds, the characters are very earthy, pure and untarnished. Ella writes a compelling tale of love which is both salvaging and redmptive for both Homer and Fin.
Homer Carnegie the suave Red Sox star is on a voyage to escape from the world and find himself. His legacy drives him to their foundation foster island of Tristan Da Cunha
Of all the islands in
Keri Loves Books
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An incredible story and a journey I never expected. This story took me completely by surprise and I absolutely loved it!!

Declan is a baseball superstar but also a hot mess. It’s time to get his life back on track. He’s headed to a remote island that is completely disconnected from the rest of the the world. He’ll stay for several months to clean up his act.

Finley has lived on the island her entire life. She’s the current “doctor” on the island because the actual doctor is on a leave of absence.
Obsessive Book Whore
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wordswag_1551198727924

This is the first book I’ve read by this author. Covet is book three in the Sinful Secrets Series but can be read as a complete standalone. This book started out a bit slow for me, but with the vivid imagery and great storyline, it didn’t take long to get into.

Our Hero and heroine weren’t without demons. Declan is a huge baseball star in Boston and he’s struggling with addiction. Needing to get away and regroup, he takes his timeout on the island of Tristan da Cunha. A remote island his father
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 triggers stars

I completely had forgotten that I had asked for that book! As it had been delayed it popped up on my kindle quite as a surprise!
I recalled asking it not for its blurb but for the author's name.

I had read only one other book by Ella James (The Boy Next Door) but was truly taken into the story. She has the knack to bring you harsh and dramatic stories. The one you will read and suffer right alongside her characters, grinding your teeth as it is so painful for them and for you
Heather Miller
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a book that I have been "Covet"ing (like what I did there?) for a really, really long time!! I absolutely LOVED it! This third installment of Elle James' Forbidden Romance series (personally I loved the "Sinful Secrets" series title better) was an absolutely thrilling, sexy, angsty, keep you on your toes read. Declan "Homer" Carnegie is the star baseball player in Boston, but he has secrets - boat loads of them. He travels to Tristan da Cunha to "clean" up his act and is reintroduced to ...more
Sheila'S Book Corner
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it bothers me when the blurb is vague about a story but I love it because you don't expect certain things from the story.

This story, from the beginning made me keep turning pages and even when the book is long, it did not feel that way because you got into the book so you felt a part of the island.

Tristan made me feel like I was back in time with not much technology and a lot of time for yourself, to find happiness in little things that happen in every-day life.

Finley is a woman who
Jessica Lezama a
Shelves: favorites, 2019-reads

Finley is a woman who
Mary Helen
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know the type of stories which plague your thoughts for a long time? Ella James gave it to us with Sloth and she’s done it again four years later. In that time she gave us several fabulous Off Limits stories such as Crown Jewels, which is where we first meet Declan, the heartbreaking protagonist of her newest release, Covet.

Ella James is a master at weaving an intricate tale and I’m always amazed at how she incorporates her details of her character’s lives into one amazing book. Covet takes
•PerSefone•
4- 4.5 ⭐️

I loved it.
RTC.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Declan needs to get away from the mess he's made of his life, he heads to Tristan da Cunha, the island in the middle of nowhere where his family are patron saints practically. It was on this island he witnessed something that made an impact on him years ago, and he's never forgotten the special little girl involved in this incident.

Wow. That's the main word I was thinking as I read this rather long story, and it's the word still left in my mind when I finished. Covet is so not what I was e
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

I am a longtime Ella James fan and I've been patiently waiting for the Sinful Secrets novels to be continued, so you can probably picture my excitement when Covet finally got a release date. I absolutely went into it with high expectations and I think EJ hit it out of the park. Just like Sloth and Murder, the characters and the sin they must work through are difficult and EJ does a fantastic job of describing it all. You can feel the ache of tempta
Lee Anne Lane
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve just finished Covet. So many times during this book my heart was breaking. But as the end drew near and I slowed my pace (because their story could NOT end!), I found the good in all they endured. Happiness. Peace. Home. I can only say that as I close the book on the story of Declan and Finley, my heart is full.

Declan’s life could be plucked from the headlines of ESPN. He has a dark side and his reasoning for going to the island of Tristan de Cunha is for his health, in more ways than one.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: celeste
Tortured, sad, romantic, sexy?  Yes, Covet by Ella James has it all.  I was impressed with the beautiful writing and how James was able to capture the remote island life of the main character.  Furthermore, Covet delves deep inside the life of an addict and what their struggles truly entail, and Ella James was able to write it in such a realistic and heart-wrenching way that I hurt for Declan.  Covet is full of tragedy but also full of hope and love which give inspiration for not giving in or gi ...more
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
This book CONSUMED me! I had been in a bit of a book funk, so it was nice to drown in this steamy, emotional read. The writing is so perfect. I felt every single emotion, including all the pain. I’m talking allllll the feels.
I fell in love with Sloth years ago, and I’ve loved all three books in this series. They’re so unique. And they are all complete standalones. I highly recommend this series!!
Dirty Dayna
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Island Fever stars

WHO AM I !!! I have been reading crazy long books lately with this one topping 500 pages! This book is about Declan who runs away to his family island after a drug fueled career in baseball and the love of the game coming in 2nd to his love of narcotics. This book is also about Finley the orphaned child who everyone shuns and loves. It seems Finley spends her entire life trying to make up for the sins of her mother and never really figures out that she didn’t need to do any
Kari Hansen
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Declan has forged himself a successful career as a star baseball player which he now finds is self destructing around him and he is determined to pick up the pieces of his life his way and not how the team dictates. He finds himself heading to the remote island of Tristan da Cunha where he can reassess far away from the spotlight he finds himself under, and maybe he can reconnect with the little girl he met all those years ago and has never forgotten.

Finley has lived and worked on the island all
Karen
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You have to love an author who ventures into the different. I get bored with the CEO, bazillionaire, rock star type books.

Ella does different but with a bit of same! I’m not explaining myself very well.

Our hero (Declan Carnegie) aka Homer is a rich baseball player (potential yawn) but he’s got complexities. Our heroine (Finley Evans) lives on a rock in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with a teenie tiny population (now that is different).

Worlds collide and get smashed into pieces. There are sec
Konny
Shelves: own-v
Covet by Ella James is a full length, standalone romance novel.
Finley is a young woman who's living on Tristan de Cunha, a island, rural, in the south african sea. She's had a rough past, works a lot of jobs like the other islandians.
Declan - Homer - Carnegie is a celebrity sports star, caught up in a media scandal, and on his way to the island for an retreat.
Both are about to meet their fate, but first, second and third karma throws a lot of rocks at them.
Covet is a slow burn, heart wrenching s

• For Lila, Forever
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Pricked
  • Method
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Best Man
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Mr. Spencer
  • Jersey Six
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Naked Love
  • Diary of a Bad Boy
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
Ella James is the USA Today + Amazon Top 10 bestselling author of more than twenty books. Ella lives in Colorado with her husband and three kids. When she's not writing, you can find her in the foothills.

Sinful Secrets (4 books)
  • Sloth (Sinful Secrets, #1)
  • Murder (Sinful Secrets, #2)
  • Gluttony (Sinful Secrets, #4)