Start by marking “The Doctor's Love (The McKinnon Brothers, #2; Heroes of New York, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Love (The McKinnon Brothers, #2; Heroes of New York, #3)

The Doctor's Love

(The McKinnon Brothers #2)

Toni Westmore doesn’t do relationships. She has a demanding boss at her high end Soho art gallery job and an even more difficult and critical mother—who needs the mess of a relationship?

ebook
Published July 14th 2015 by Tule Publishing - Holiday Books (first published July 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Love

Start your review of The Doctor's Love (The McKinnon Brothers, #2; Heroes of New York, #3)
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance, Tule Publishing, New York City
3.5 Recognizing He is the One * * * 1/2

We all talk about insta-love and how it can just be silly in books...but what about in our real lives....Can you meet someone, have this instant connection and yes, be attracted to them... but also know in your heart of hearts... this person is The One for you...

How do you trust your instincts... how do you to make that leap of faith and believe this new exciting person...You hear what they say, feel an immediate bond and things talked about have new meanin
Coco.V
Jun 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/29/2019)! 🎁
Angela Auten
Thought the book was cute, but wasn't fully into it when I first started. The break I took helped me get back in. Review to come eventually. ...more
Nicola
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tule Publishing have become one of my go-to publishers when I'm looking for an easy read romance with endearing characters, an engaging storyline and beautiful locations. His Love ticked all the boxes for me.

description

Gavin and Toni's best-friend's older brother summer-fling isn't that different from many that are out there, but everything worked for me. Aside of the fact that Gavin was Irish and a Doctor, a winning combination for me, I adored his strong-silent nature and he and Toni bring everything fr
Sirilee
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not a bad story line but characters are left quite shallow. Maybe sex scenes were the main point? (Some readers may like this “hot-steamy action” but it gets boring). The cause of Toni’s insecurities are summed up only by her fleeting remarks to a previous relationship ... and that’s it. Gavin is too all-around good, repeated so often that it becomes boring, too.
Shanice Singh
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, wishlist
This was such an amazing book! I thought it was like a wonderful little romantic drama rolled into a novel. I only requested this book because I had read a previous Jennifer Gracen novel and enjoyed it. But I was hooked from the second I began reading. There's romantic, there's drama, there's passion and there's colourful characters. I really can't wait to read more. ...more
MN Book Girl
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Does love at first sight exist? Toni and Gavin sure make anyone believe it does.

Gavin McKinnon is in New York from Ireland to visit his sister and spend a month living with her and her friends at a beach house. On his first night there he also meets his other roommates.

Toni has been hurt in the past by bad relationships. But Gavin turns her on her head. So she proposes a fling while he’s in New York. What is more perfect than a relationship with an end date.

But Toni and Gavin just seem to click
judy gardner
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Storyline

What an enjoyable storyline and characters. I enjoyed this story right from the very first page, it was exceptional. The dialogue between the characters was beautifully written and I enjoyed how the author developed the romance between these characters. The only thing missing in this story was an epilogue. I think the author missed the chance to tie up this story and give these wonderful characters a happy ever after, and a five-star rating, but overall I think this book was a
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gavin and Toni will have you cheering them on in this story. Gavin is in the states to visit his sister and heal his broken heart. When he meets his sister's roommate, he is captivated by her and can't help but be drawn in to her presence. When Toni meets Gavin there is a spark that goes off in her as well. As these to connect, she offers Gavin a no strings attached fling for the duration of his stay. What starts off as a win win situation is anything but. Will there be more heart break in store ...more
Cynthia
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Love

Gavin came to MY to visit his sister Anna & his brother Sean & his wife Cassie. But he didn't expect his sister's housemate Toni to be so beautiful. Toni is impressed by how good looking Gavin is but also that he genuinely is a very nice guy. Can the have a short going or will it be more. He has to go back to Ireland for his Pediatrician rotation, she hates her job.
Kim Ruiz
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a truly romantic read. Fun, sexy, great characters and heat. This is one of those really good beach reads. Gavin is such a sweet wonderful guy, Toni is a strong yet insecure lady. Together a great pair.
Fred
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes Please! Love at first site!

I’m a 72yr.old male,and I know about love at first site I met her on a blind date and asked for her hand after two weeks. I really enjoyed reading this story very much as you did a really good job with your writing and kept me wanting more!
Marjorie McElrath
Romance

I didn't read the first book in the series,it didn't matter. As this book is good as a stand alone.

Toni and Gavin are great characters. You could relate to them. Down to earth people.

Fun, romance and emotional.
MARY WILSON
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I love this book!!!

Wow!! I love this book so much!! The story of Toni and Gavin is romantic, heartwarming and steamy! I couldn't put it down!!
Rose Boniello
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

A bit too much whining, but overall a very enjoyable book. NYC, beach and Ireland — can’t go wrong! I would have liked a little more time in Ireland though.
Shilpi
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: roma, 19
Cute enough.
Amanda  Lynn Combs
Great

This was a great book. Keep up the good work and please keep those good books coming. Thank you so much.
Kimberly
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting the whole series

Such a cute story and quick read. Believable and fun characters. Can't wait to read more about the MacKinnon family.
Angel Graham
I enjoyed this read

It was good, but really seemed like the author forced the conflicts. Flings rarely work out the way people hope.
Jen
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So Sweet!

This was such a sweet story! I really enjoyed getting to know the characters (especially Gavin...sigh). And the storyline made the book a pleasant page turner.
Angela Howell
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emotional read.

This was a great story. But all the spots with the romance, sex and angst. I loved it. Just needed to be a bit longer.
Tracy Jaegers
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

I really enjoyed this book. It was a great love story and makes you believe in the importance of believing in yourself.
Shelia.james
The Doctors Love

Interesting story about a lot of friends and a visitor falling in love, and someone having to give up her her life for his.
Lois Ann M. Treat
Great!

Really enjoyed this traveling 13 hours to Egypt. Just visited Ireland and identified with the talk about Dublin. What a beautiful love story!
Faith Nelson
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

Sensitive and handsome men. Tons of angst and suffering. Travel. Beautifully drawn characters in all 4 novels. Love this series. What about the girls in the family?
Jeri Smith
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of The Doctor's Love

I absolutely loved this book and this series! I will recommend her books to anyone who loves romance novels. She is a great writer.
Book Gannet
This is a nice book in which nice people eat nice food, do nice things together and generally have a nice time. There really isn’t much more to say about it than that. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it’s just… nice. Gavin is a real sweetheart, an Irish doctor who’s decided to spend a month on Long Island with his little sister, getting some sun and a bit of sand on his holidays. He’s a good guy who had a bad break-up, but isn’t brooding about it. He’s just getting on a best he can, waiting ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Unfortunately, this is the last book in the Summer In New York series and I really wish that there were a few more for me to read and enjoy while sitting beside the pool This is another new-to-me author that has me looking for other books by her. Why? I really loved the way she wrote this story and the way the characters came alive. I could hear Gavins Irish Brogue and loved the way that she intermingled Gaelic throughout the story.

Both chara
Elaine
Rating: 4.5/5

This is the third book in this brilliant series so far and, although they are written by different authors, they include some of the same characters in each. They may be read as standalone books but I’ve appreciated the opportunity to see how characters and relationships from earlier books in the series develop. The author manages to portray the characters so it is easy for readers to empathise with them, experiencing their angst, turmoil and drams throughout the story.

Doctor Gavin
Emma
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
His Love by Jennifer Gracen
Toni Westmore doesn’t do relationships. She has a demanding boss at her high end Soho art gallery job and an even more difficult and critical mother – who needs the mess of a relationship?

Enter Irish Doctor Gavin McKinnon, her friend’s brother, also known as the perfect summer fling: tall, muscled, smart, funny, definitely ready for a good time and stamped with an expiration date. He’ll go back to Ireland and his family medical practice in a few weeks and she’ll return
« previous 1 3 next »

• Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
  • Love Me (Coopers Creek #1)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • Too Distracting (The Lewis Cousins, #3)
  • The Secret Son (The Starr Brothers of Montana, #1)
  • Spring Texas Bride (The Brides of Bliss Texas, #1)
  • Flirting with Fire (Men of Marietta #2)
  • Want Me, Cowboy (The Wilder Brothers #2)
  • Second Chance Charmer (Havenbrook, #1)
  • Saving the Sheriff (Hills of Texas, #1)
  • Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Taming the Texas Cowboy (Forever Texan Book 1)
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)
  • The Decoy Bride (The Bouquet Catchers, #4)
  • Her Forever Cowboy (West Coast Happily-Ever-After Book 1)
  • Forgetting the Billionaire (A Clean Billionaire Romance, #1)
  • Heather (Hart Land, #1)
  • Forbidden Lover (Willow Cove #1)
Jennifer Gracen hails from Long Island, New York, where she lives with her two young sons. She loves to write contemporary romance for readers who seek better days, authentic characters, and satisfying endings. When she isn’t taking care of her kids, doing freelance copy editing/proofreading, reading, or talking to friends on Twitter and Facebook, Jennifer writes.

The Harrisons Series:
Book 1: More

The McKinnon Brothers (5 books)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The McKinnon Brothers, #1; Christmas in New York, #3)
  • Marrying His Best Friend (The McKinnon Brothers, #3)
  • Love in Dublin (The McKinnon Brothers, #4)
  • Holidays in Manhattan (The McKinnon Brothers, #5)

News & Interviews