Start by marking “Time Rider (Rise of the Skipworths)” as Want to Read:
Time Rider (Rise of the Skipworths)

Time Rider (Rise of the Skipworths)

Will helping this stray...
be the death of her?

Kristen Skipworth, a physician with an extraordinary empathic ability and a tendency to take in strays, knows her fair share of pain. Struggling to overcome the death of her twin brother, Kristen is bombarded with emotions and thoughts as strong as his ever were.

As she searches for the source, she stumbles upon a dangerous a
Published (first published 2001)

Jessie Verino
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read many of Ms. Kane's romantic suspense books, I was intrigued by her foray into time travel, and I'm happy to say that Time Rider didn't disappoint.

Kristen, an empath and physician with a soft spot for strays, animals and human, finds Rider on the sidewalk. He's injured, starved, and just the sort of stray she can't resist.

Unfortunately, Rider is from 500 years in the future. A future where people with Kristen's ability are deemed deviants. Reviled at best. Hunted and killed at worst.
Dana Marton
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely the best time-travel romance I've read in a long time. He's come 500 years from the future to kill her. She's the mother of all Deviants. Except, instead of killing her, he keeps saving her and pulling her out of exploding buildings. A brainwashed assassin from the future whose true memories have been erased is pitted against a present day doctor who has trouble catching up with reality. Will he be able to break through his mind-control training and save them both?

This is a f
Donna Wright
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Ms. Kane usually writes for HQ Intrigue, so this is differnt for her. I think anyone who likes a good romance will love it.
donna
The Urban Book Thief
Have you ever watched the Terminator films and thought, gee – what if Arnie was played by a slightly feral and tortured hottie who actually got with Sarah Connor? Yes?!? Then welcome to Time Rider!

He slowly raised his gaze to hers, using all his strength to dredge up enough hatred and anger to make his voice quietly menacing as he squeezed her fingers. “How do you do, Kristen Skipworth. I’ve been sent from the future to kill you.”

Chills!

Rider
description

Rider Savage (I wonder if all kids in the future have
Chris
3.25 out of 5 stars

In a future when telepaths are hunted down like rabid dogs, one broken man, stripped of every human response but cold hatred, volunteers for a one-way trip to the present.

Dr. Kristen Skipworth is an empath. She can feel what others feel and soothe their pain. When she is bombarded by agony and grief stronger than any she has ever known, she searches for the source and finds Rider Savage.

Now both of them must conquer their pain and fear to save each other--before an entire race
Kai
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Time Rider started out Kristen Skipworth trying to get over her twin brother's death. She has gone from working in the hospital to working in the clinic to distance herself since she felt her twin brother's death at the hospital. She couldn't save her brother but she could save the "strayed" that lives around the clinic. Her friends at the clinic have joked that one of the "strayed" would eventually be dangerous but Kristen just didn't know how soon their teasing is going to come true.

Rider Sava
Celestine
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is fueled by a man who is unbalanced and maybe even unhinged. Dazed and confused doesn't begin to explain him. Yet, Dr. Kristen Skipworth finds her "bum" compelling, if more than a little scary and intimidating. Her empathic powers sense his pain and internal conflict. Why else would a woman continue to trust a man who says, "You can relax, Doc. I swear I won't hurt you....Not yet." And who says he is from 500 years in the future and his mission is to kill her.

Soon after Kristen takes
☆°•..  Jillie Anne ..•°☆
A Classic Time Travel! Great book, fun and fast paced. Great story ! I love the writing, really well done. Warning, when you read this book just make sure you leave enough time to sit and read for hours, it is very hard to put down. Good book to sit and read all night aka husband is gone and you can eat chocolate and go to bed at 3am night. A Good Summer read, Heck yes. But you will want to hold on to this book because It had that real classic feel like Duncan's Bride, Candle in the Window or A ...more
BK Blue
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love, no-me-gusta
Empathic doctor lady finds an injured (presumed homeless) dude and goes into insta-connection and insta-heat with him, including while he's naked being catheterized and shit. Assassination hijinks (and major plot holes) ensue.

She's not a masochist or anything but stays in heat basically the whole time even though for most of it, future-dude is being physically and/or emotionally abusive towards her (due to conditioning and shit). Future dude gets injured a lot. She doctors him a lot. She has
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Ryder is sent back in time 500 years to kill the mother of all the deviants.

Kristen skipworth is an empath and a doctor. She feels Ryder when he arrives from the future. She wants to help him because she feels how sick he is.

I really enjoyed the book. I could feel Ryder struggle for his hate for the mother of all the deviants and feeling a special connection to Kristen. I will definitely read the next book when it comes out.

The o
Jennifer Shakeel
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you pick up a book where the author brings you into the world he or she has created through the characters. That is Time Rider. For anyone that likes the writing style of Stephanie Meyer (Twilight) where the story is told from the point of view of the character... where you develop a bond with those characters and you sit on the edge of your seat cheering for them... biting your fingernails hoping for the best you will LOVE this book.

I really can't wait for book two in the series. Tim
Kat Lebo
Nov 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I suppose if I were a die-hard romance fan, I might have liked this book. But I'm not, and after 1/2 hour of reading about rock hard abs, bulging jeans and a female MD who is unable to keep her mind on treating her patients, I put down this book, that I was very very excited to read as I am a great fan of the cheesy, but fun, old film of the same name. Disappointed doesn't cover it.
Deborah Cox
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mallory Kane really hits the mark with this romantic suspense / time travel. I couldn't put it down. Kristen and Ryder were a strong, likeable pair who deserved each other and their hard earned happiness. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves romance and adventure.
Outi
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, koneella
Mount Everest -sized plot holes, boring romance and dull action. Some brilliant dialogue saved the day from one star.
Roy Liu
Jun 24, 2013
Lisa
Jun 29, 2013
Mallory Kane
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Claudine
Tina Williams-cox
Jan 28, 2014
Natasha
Jul 01, 2013
Bestselling romance author Mallory Kane has published over 40 romantic suspense titles between Harlequin Intrigue and Tule Publishing Group, and she has multiple independent projects spanning genres. Mallory loves romantic suspense with dangerous heroes and dauntless heroines, and she enjoys tossing in a bit of her medical knowledge for an extra dose of intrigue.

Mallory taught herself to read at