Start by marking “Wide Open Spaces (Shooting Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wide Open Spaces (Shooting Stars, #2)

Wide Open Spaces (Shooting Stars #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  2,546 Ratings  ·  443 Reviews
That moment your life changes.
That moment that changes your life.
That moment you love someone more than you love yourself.
That was the moment we gave our son up for adoption and the moment I was left bare. A wide-open space that would forever be empty.
There are moments that define you as a person, moments that prove just how strong you are, moments you push yourself to kee
Published August 24th 2016 by CreateSpace

London
ATTENTION TROLLS: PLEASE DO NOT COME ON MY REVIEW AND HARASS ME. I WILL BE FLAGGING ANY RUDE OR DISRESPECTFUL COMMENTS. Do you see me come and harass anyone giving this book a 5 star rating? HELL NO. Because it's your fucking right to love the book. SO STOP COMING ON HERE AND HARASSING ME.

Oh and guess what? I READ IT. So to the trolls out there who have been mentioning me in their reviews saying I have no right to comment on a book I haven't read? Congratulations! Here's a lovely 1 star for a b
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.5 Stars

There was a lot of drama surrounding this book, so I'm gonna address that first.

description

Yes, the H and the h have a child together when a they are young.
And, yes, they child give that child up for adoption.

Now, the H does NOT FORCE the h to do this. It's a decision they make TOGETHER and the h even stresses that at one point in the book.

Now, keep in mind - I'm NOT here to change anyone's mind about reading this book; however, I will say that I personally have a very strong opinion about adop
Christy
Jul 08, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet-guys, emotional
5 stars!

photo 9E5117B6-DABB-4149-BDC7-BB1BA6E72944_zpsdd2aoa3c.png

Wide Open Spaces is a beautiful second chance love story that pulled at my heartstrings. Second chance romance is a tricky thing for a lot of readers, myself included at times. For me, it all depends on the whys. Why did the hero and heroine separate? What brought them back together? Did either one do anything that I just can’t get past? The hero and heroine in this story, Zach and Shelby, were both deeply in love with one another. Something heart shattering happened and the heroine ju
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”The only thing I think—the only thing I know—is I’ve carried around an empty place in my soul for the last fifteen years, and the moment I saw you standing outside in the rain, that empty place filled up.”

photo 7dc64d8d546f113505885e8737b10cac_zpsq9kuosbn.jpg

Wide Open Spaces was a beautiful and at times heartbreaking story of first love and second chances. Again, I decided to read a book from yet another author whose books I have just never had the time to get around to and all I can say is
Chantal ❤️
Aug 26, 2016 Chantal ❤️ marked it as never-want-to-read
This is not an actual review, its just a reminder for me.
Not for me here!
Nothing can ever justify the actions taken by the hero in this book for me.

I am sure a good spin doctor could make crap sound like 100% totally organic biologically natural but it's still crap and I won't eat it!
I have 6 kids and if my husband ever made me give one of my babies! Well then he would not be the one for me and we could never be together....ever!

The reasons for adoption are clear here, he did not love her en
Soonya

I want to start my review with following words: Everyone has the right to have their opinion and shouldn't be told it's a wrong one. Majority of the reviews keep on saying it has no cheating, when the main point of the argument wasn't about cheating. It was about hero (view spoiler) Adoption is beautiful thing. No one questions that. Some subjects are just not for everybo
Fre06 Begum
Megan
Oct 18, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing

*****5 Stars*****

“Some things never change and love is one of them.”

description

If there is one thing I love reading, it’s a second chance love story. I love the idea of two people being drawn back to each other whether it be through fate or coincidence. But what I love most about second chance romance stories is that time never diminishes the want, need and love between the two characters. I absolutely loved “Wide Open Spaces” for all these reasons and more. I must admit, I was a little worried going int
T.M. Frazier
Jul 13, 2016 T.M. Frazier marked it as to-read
SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE! AND THAT COVER!!! WOW!
Elizabeth
“We were meant to be here, right now in this moment. We were meant to find each other again.”

Wide Open Spaces is a healing second chance romance that will break your heart and then put it back together piece by piece. Aurora Rose Reynolds always offers a sexy blend of strong characters and tender plot lines. Wide Open Spaces certainly did not disappoint.

Zach and Shelby were high school sweethearts. Although it seemed they would always be together, a teenage pregnancy ripped them apart. They m
MELISSA
Jul 23, 2016 MELISSA rated it it was amazing
5 Love Never Dies Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo CBF922DB-8DC5-4DB7-B2FD-149B136E0634_zpskt3athgz.jpg

Shelby Calder is a woman from Cordova, Alaska who divorced about two years ago. Wanting a fresh start for herself and her ten year old son Hunter, she decides to leave Seattle & go back to live in her childhood home in Alaska.

She left Alaska fifteen years ago with a broken heart after she gave up a child for adoption. Too caught up in grief she placed blame on her high school sweetheart Zach Watters. She left Alaska & Zach with no plans t
Sejla
Jun 11, 2016 Sejla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
5 amazing stars!!!

The moment Aurora Rose Reynolds mentioned that she is going to write another book in the Shooting Star series I was over the moon happy because book #1 Fighting to Breathe is my favorite book of hers. I had therefore very high expectations for Wide Open Spaces that were not only fulfilled but totally surpassed. This book was without a doubt one of the BEST second chance love stories I've ever read. I could literally feel how much the author put all her love into writing this b
Roksana
Self Note: After hearing this blurb...there is nothing on earth to want me to read this book and pay money for something that represents "a supposed romance" when in reality it reflects the worst plot device glorifying the "behaviour of the Hero" who would never be a honorable one...and this man is supposed to be an example of a noble Hero in today? Are you shiting me?

I will see other reviews upon publishing, but I have a suspicion even the 5 star ratings would not make me read this book!

https
Selma
Jul 21, 2016 Selma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
5 emotional stars!!!

I wanted to read this story from the first moment Aurora Rose Reynolds hinted at the next couple in her Shooting Stars series - Zach and Shelby. I knew that their story is going to be heartbreaking and a tear jerker. I also believed that despite all the sad and tragic happenings there is going to be a HEA for these star-crossed lovers. Aurora did not only meet all my expectations, she exceeded them. She wrote one of the most beautiful, touching and inspirational second chance
 B.E.Love
Aug 18, 2015 B.E.Love marked it as don-t-read
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, No WAY.
this book is moving to my don't read list which I'm so sad about because I never would have guessed that from ARR. But man I would probably break my kindle and maybe harm my husband if I read this. Just reading the comments are enough to give me high blood pressure.
Rejane
Jul 27, 2016 Rejane marked it as no-way-jose
And the 5 stars reviews are a copy and paste of each other. Change a word here and other there and a bunch of ARC readers have their review completed. And they failed to mention how the hero moved on.
Eye rolling inducing.
Please, explain beautiful journey of love and forgiving after H (view spoiler)
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This book had a lot of controversy surrounding it amongst my GR friends, but being the curious cat that I am, I had to find out what it was all about! I'm happy I did!

Both of my older brothers are adopted, so I might have a different perspective going in about adoption. I am so appreciative that my brothers' parents gave them up for adoption, because they were then able to be a part of my life. BUT, I don't think the idea of adoption was the issue here -- it was the
Beverly
Aug 29, 2016 Beverly rated it it was amazing
I love Aurora Rose Reynolds books. I love the alpha male, insta-love, and even over-the-top plots, but this one it just hit home with me. Wide Open Spaces is a beautiful story of second chance love. I am not a fan of second chance love, it’s just not my thing, but this book just felt right.

Zach and Shelby are teenagers when they find out she is pregnant. Shelby parents died when she was young and Zach’s family were struggling, barely getting by. With limited resources and no clue how they could
Catarina
2,5 Second Chance Stars.

Zach and Shelby were in love once, but being young and with financial difficulties a pregnancy wasn’t the best news for them. So when they decided to give the baby to adoption, it was the beginning of their end.
15 years later, Shelby is back in town and the feelings they harbored when they were just teenagers seem to come back stronger than ever, the difference is that this time Zach is not willing to lose her. If only they could get over their mistakes in the past…

I
Paige
3.5 "Full Circle" Stars

After being introduced briefly to Shelby and Zach with a quick look into their complicated history, I was really excited for this book. And while I was excited, I was also honestly a little apprehensive. I mean their story is heavy. It's beautiful and tragic platform made me a tad wary but knowing Aurora Rose Reynolds and her love of the alpha and the HEA, I dove in. And I'm glad I did.

Shelby has spent the last 15 years trying to get over her past with Zach and the adopti
Shari Kay
Aug 18, 2016 Shari Kay marked it as skip-it
I usually put my "skip it" in the first book of a series, so I don't start what I won't finish...but this particular book deserves special attention because of the behavior of author/fangirls when it was pointed out that the storyline would not be a romance a lot of us would want to read.

(view spoiler)
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

This book probably wouldn't have hit my radar except for all the controversy about it. That made me really curious and I just had to know if I would feel the same way...and considering how much I love angst, I was really hoping it was!

Fortunately or unfortunately, it wasn't true for me. Zach is not a jerk...he made some mistakes in his younger years and maybe he has some kind of weird distaste for wearing condoms but overall, I really liked him.

Zach and Shelby got pregnant at sixteen yea
Bev

My thoughts as I started reading Wide Open Spaces was…. okay, let’s see what the shit storm that’s swirling around is all about. See, I probably wouldn’t have dropped everything to read this if the book hadn’t received such bad press BEFORE IT WAS EVEN PUBLISHED!! Who does that?!? So, I decided to read the book and form my own opinions instead of blindly following the dictates of those that haven’t read it.

First up THERE IS NO CHEATING. None whatsoever.

* * *SPOILERS AHEAD* * *

There are
Wendy
So...I have seen a shit-ton of discussions about this book, so reviewing it will be interesting ;)

First of all....many people chose not to read the book because of the blurb (and the info that got out). For me this was actually the reason I did want to read it. What can I say....I'm a very curious person and I like challenging myself.

photo tumblr_nq3xi9wLat1tpdcs9o1_500_zpsmznu9h2m.gif

I wanted to read to book myself, so I could form my own opinion, based on how this book made me feel. So the big question is...how did it make me feel ??..... I do
AJ
Jul 05, 2016 AJ rated it really liked it
4 sweet and steamy stars

Once again, Aurora Rose Reynolds delivers a gorgeous second-chance-romance with lots of heart, beautiful family themes, a passionately steamy romance and a whole lot of swoon. This book is technically the second in the Shooting Stars series with a similar feels to the first book, and there is a loose tie in to the first book with Austin and Lea (from Fighting to Breathe) having a sweet cameo, but this one can definitely be read as a standalone, and it’s a beautiful story.
Jeannine Allison
description

I was never planning on reading this. And not because of the content material, but because I've only read one ARR book (I also DNF another) and I didn't really like it. I just don't think her novels are for me. But after all the controversy surrounding this book, I really wanted to decide for myself how I felt about it.

And I want to preface this by saying, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, one way or the other. I respect what both sides have been saying! :)

I don't consider myself a 100% sa
ReadingisMyEscape
Aug 29, 2016 ReadingisMyEscape rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars -

There has been a lot of drama surrounding this book. The teasers that ARR released painted Zach in a horrible horrible way and when you add that to the fact that she didn't release any teasers of him being a good guy (being the alpha that she's known for) it left a terrible taste in everyone's mouth for him. I don't know why ARR did this, maybe it was to bring attention to the book which would prompt more people to read it. I don't know and I'm not going to waste time trying to figure
⊱ Poppy ⊰
N O T M Y CU P P A ..

**"Though i was REALLY REALLY excited to read this one, because (a) It's ARR's book & (b) It's swoon worthy cover. But the review's really satisfied me to NOT read this one. This book got everthing that i DO NOT want to read."**

I really didn't expect anything like this from Aurora Rose Reynolds.

Girl what happened???????

You can DO better than this.

A Asshole H. A Naive h. and a story worth cringing ...

Sorry but seriously i am really really disappointed ...

Jayme
Sep 02, 2016 Jayme rated it really liked it
Around this book is quite a lot different kinds of emotions. I can say that I almost did not read it by that, but I'm glad that I decided to do it, because I'd have lost a lot. Always worth exploring two sides, but is best to try it yourself with an open mind and form your own opinion.

It is a second chance romance, but the focus isn't only on the romance. It's more about coping in situations of divorce when there are children and you need to combine a lot of things at once. There is also a lot
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • Jaded Hearts (Loaded Replay, #1)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • Delectable (Neighbor from Hell, #9)
  • Perfect Rage (Unyielding, #3)
  • Hurt (Taint, #3)
  • And Another Thing (About Last Night, #2)
  • Confliction (The Wellingtons, #3)
  • Sucker Punched (Knockout Love #2)
  • Across the Ring
  • The Darkest Link (Second Circle Tattoos, #4)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • A Veil of Vines
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
  • Untitled (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
  • Close to You (Fusion, #2)
NEW YORK TIMES WALL STREET JOURNAL AND USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR Aurora Rose Reynolds started writing so that the over the top alpha men that lived in her head would leave her alone. When she's not writing or reading she spends her days with her very own real life alpha who loves her as much as the men in her books love their women and their Great Dane Blue that always keeps her on her toes.

More about Aurora Rose Reynolds...

Shooting Stars (3 books)
  • Fighting to Breathe (Shooting Stars, #1)
  • One Last Wish (Shooting Stars, #3)

“I never moved on. I’m still stuck in the past, trying to figure out how to get back the girl I let get away.” 1 likes
“I wish my past didn’t hurt you so much. I’m sorry for hurting you the way I have. If I could take your pain away, I would.” 1 likes