Start by marking “Ashen Rayne (Shadowlands, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ashen Rayne (Shadowlands, #1)

Ashen Rayne

(Shadowlands #1)

Young women are vanishing from Miami’s club scene, most disappearing without a trace, others found suffocated in plastic bags, their battered corpses filled with a deadly cocktail of narcotics.
There are no suspects and few clues.
When exotic dancer Rayne is taken, her sister Blaze calls the ladies of Shadowlands to find her.
With only five days before Rayne is found dead
Published July 6th 2015 by Encompass Ink and Vamptasy Publishing

Frank Van Meer
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I were to be consistent in my reviews, then you would be reading an essay pointing out everything improbable, inplausible and other words starting with "im-"

Instead, I made a new shelf called Guilty Pleasures (thanks, Bobbi) and simply tell you I enjoyed this very much. Beautiful ladies, gratuitous violence, cardboard villains, the next vehicle bigger than the previous.

Sometimes that's all you need.

Nocturnal  Bookworm
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun with firearms....... What a great start to a new series! I absolutely love this book! Its a fast paced thrill ride, filled with action, adventure and kick butt women with a bit of romance mixed in. I love the relationship between the two main characters Smoak & Ash, best friends who are really more like sisters who are always there for each other and would both kill or die to protect each other. I love the fantastical worlds Skye creates for all of her books, her tweaks on reality make t ...more
Lady
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Call Shadowands When You Are Beyond Hope

This series must be read in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to read Minus Hour!

Ever since they met no one and nothing could seperate them. One Dark. One Light. Stronger together than they ever were apart.

***This series is suitable for adult readers who enjoy snarky goodness in their thrill packed action suspense modern superheroes without the cape adventures with a dash of romance ;)

¬¬¬ NOT for the closed minded or homophobic
Joy Whiteside
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it was an amazing read that I finished in one sitting. It moved along at the perfect pace, has amazing characters that you want to know more about and a story that will grab you from the very beginning and not let you go until the end. It is interesting and entertaining. This has to be read, there is no doubt about it.
Heather Henkel
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this is a great new series. I can't wait to read the next one!
Frances Bell
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This book had everything I love women action and romance. Great book couldn't put it down. Can't wait for book two.
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This is one of the best novels I've read in awhile. Little hints of sex, romance, and a lot of action with 2 female leads. Awesome job once again to Skye. I devour her books as soon as they are released.
Leslie J Holbrook
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excitement galore!

This first book kept me on the edge of my seat. It's going to be a good series by MsKnizley. Keep them coming
Elizabeth Kummer
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Non-stop action

Boy oh boy! Loved loved loved SK and Ash. It's refreshing to read about a badass woman (Smoak) for a change.
Rain
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
More like 3.5 stars.
Kelly Smith Reviews
Kick ass women in fiction. Ever since I started reading, I always gravitated towards books where the heroine needs no man for help: Nicki Styx, the lead in Terri Garey's urban fantasy series. Raven Madison, in Ellen Schreiber's Vampire Kisses series. But those kinds of women are hard to find. Most of them fall short of what I'm always looking for...except for Smoak. Now there's a female lead!
She's too good to even be called bad ass. From page one you know there's something different about her an
Regina
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
** Review of Audio Format **

Fun...but Full of Clichés

This was an entertaining listen. It is along the lines of 007, with the action getting more and more unbelievable with each confrontation. Skye Knizley constructed a good spy thriller and highlights a very real and enduring problem in our society today. I just wish she hadn't ruined her very strong female leads by using the cliché of making them lesbians. And especially a lesbian who treats other lesbians very, very badly...before finding 'the
Melissa
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Terrific Start to a New Series!
This is my first read by this author and I guess you could call me an insta-fan! I absolutely loved this read, the world that the author has created is amazing, the writing is very detailed and you can really "see" everything. The Main characters are super kick-ass, I absolutely love them and want to know then better still. The story pulled me right in and I ended up reading it straight through. It's fast paced without being rushed, which is very important to me. I
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
When I saw the option to review this book, I thought I'd give it a try as this is the first book I have read from this author.

Now I found that this is a book that is not all sex and romance, it is filled with plot twists, action and females that are strong and take no shit.

Two bestfriends that love each other to the ends of the earth and will do anything for each other.

There are scenes that are in this book that others may feel inappropriate, so please make sure you read the blurb and reviews.

Th
Laurie
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book because the characters were well defined and had attitude! There is a lot of action, as well as some snarky banter between Ashley and Smoak, BFF’s from an early age. I thought the story was laid out well, and it certainly kept my interest all the way to the end. I loved the nuances that Skye brings to her novels – captivating while also bringing a subtle message of diversity and inclusiveness. I also read Stormrise and loved it, too, so Skye Knizley is now one of my ne ...more
Alison Chewning
I had no idea what this book was about and knew nothing about it going in to read it. I was impressed with Shadowlands and enjoyed it. This was a first time read for me by this author. I liked the plot of the story and the characters. This book moved in a swift pace that keeps you glued to the pages and I read this in one setting. Shadowlands has action and suspense and tough chicks who rock the story which makes you cheer for them through out the book. Smoak and Ash are best friends are like si ...more
Carrie
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
This audiobook was given by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review via Audiobook Boom.

The story had a good premise, and I liked that there were strong female characters! The writing was a little cheesy, but it was a good story. It also goes into a societal issue that is both relevant and not discussed enough.

The narrator, Sierra Kline, was great. She made the characters' dialogue sound believable and brought the story to life with emotion.
Steven Smithen
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pleasantly Surprised

Having read Skye's Storm Chronicles I thought WTH why not check this one out. Glad I did. Ash and Smoak are a great team complementing each other. Finally a female duo that reminds me of the Spec Ops characters from some of the best spy/action novels of today. This books is a fun and easy read with almost non stop action with some romance interwoven into the story.
Kris
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5*
Liked a lot overall. Not so into all the shoot em up, but that's just a personal preference. I liked the badass girls taking care of themselves and others. Also cool how the deaf one is so integral to the team.
A little annoyed how quickly the "I love you"s were exchanged...they knew each other like 48 hours? Maybe? Ugh.
I like the Storm series better but will definitely read any subsequent books in this series.
Aly
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book did not caught me right at first like I thought it would. The more I listened to the story and the characters the more I enjoyed it. I would love to read what happens next. Ash and Smoak are a great team. *This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBoom dot com.*
Joy Whiteside
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jackie
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I decided to give the book a shot. No pun intended. A very well written book with violence, romance and dancers. I like that the plot keeps twisting while trying to track down Rayne. The final stretch of the book is the best part. I will not ruin it, but it is worth the plot twist at the end.
Gemma Cooper
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The action in this book was incredibly well plotted — it's harder to do than I think most of us would assume, and I was really impressed. The main romance read a little thin to me, but I loved the characters and the world as a whole.
Toni Tellez
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm in love with the concept

However, I hope you explain how a deaf girl gets taken into the military. Also, though D/HH can learn speech, it is deaf speech! I hope that gets explained in the next book!
Laurie P
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adrenaline Rush on crack!

Wow! Absolutely loved this book! Heroines were kick a$$ alpha b!tches ... I love the way this author writes action scenes! It's the best kind of far fetched wild ride! Can't wait for the next book in this series..
Shannie
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-obsession
You did it again Skye!! Love Smoak & Ash!!
Michele bookloverforever
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
improbable but exciting of derring do by two young women both of whom are extremely deadly. and one of them is gay.. and the deadliest of the two.
Kristen Westfall
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Non-stop crazy action. Super fun.
Kath
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
Absolutely brilliant story
RS
Mar 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Lightning Prophecy (The Lightning Witch Trilogy #1)
  • A New Threat
  • Savage Magic (Shifty Magic #3)
  • Jack Templar And The Lord Of The Demons (The Templar Chronicles, #5)
  • Earth Blend (Blend Trilogy #2)
  • Dead Light
  • Matt Archer: Redemption (Matt Archer #5)
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Good Intentions (Dead War #1)
  • Blood and Bone (Jack Hawthorne Adventure #3)
  • Hound's Bite (Ivy Granger, #5)
  • SILVER: Acheron (A River of Pain) (The Amaranthe Chronicles, #1) (Silver, #1)
  • The Way of the Black Beast (The Malja Chronicles, #1)
  • The Enchantress of Lynniah
  • The Bonded
  • Wolf's Trap
  • Thrill of the Night  (Avalon, #1)
Skye Knizley is the #1 bestselling author of the Storm Chronicles series, an urban fantasy tale that mixes mystery, magic and horror, Midnight Roads, her homage to road movies with a dash of mystery and horror and the Shadowlands series of modern adventure/mysteries. All of her books feature strong female leads who can hold their own the men and then some, witticisms and of course Skye’s trademark ...more

Shadowlands (2 books)
  • Minus Hour (Shadowlands #2)