Start by marking “The Silver Tide (The Copper Cat, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Tide (The Copper Cat, #3)

The Silver Tide

(The Copper Cat #3)

From Jen Williams, highly-acclaimed author of THE COPPER PROMISE and blistering follow-up THE IRON GHOST, comes the final epic instalment in the Copper Cat trilogy.

Tales of the Black Feather Three and their exploits abound far and wide, and Wydrin of Crosshaven, Lord Aaron Frith and Sir Sebastian have become sell swords in demand. Having foiled powerful mages and evil mag
Published February 25th 2016 by Headline

Start your review of The Silver Tide (The Copper Cat, #3)
Lady Luna. ✨
4.5 BLACK FEATHER STARS ✺✺✺✺✺

Another buddy read with my chums at BB&B

“The so-called Emissary is going to regret crossing the Black Feather Three.”

description

Another fantastic book by Jen Williams, well done Jen & thank you for writing the Copper Cat Trilogy, I enjoyed every second spent reading it & can't wait to read it again. I can honestly say that this book is a very special treat and not only this book the whole entire trilogy is awesome. I loved reading them all but I enjoyed this one a tiny bit
Choko
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 4.44 ***

Another great buddy read with the Fantasy Addicts at BB&B!!! We need more Dragons!

What a refreshing treat this whole series has been!!! I have to admit, the first book in the series was a bit disjointed and I was not sure how it would progress, but the author got out of the "first book" jitters and delivered a great two following books to close the story with.

This whole trilogy was strongly reminiscent of the fun science fiction of the late 70's and 80's. It brought alive worlds and
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone.
The 2016 November BB&B re-read of the final book in the Copper Cat Trilogy with my wonderful friends, Choko and Sarah, is now done! Thank you so much for reading it with me ladies, it was a great time. :D

As for the book - it was fantastic once again. A poignant and rewarding and fun-filled read that I will look forward to experiencing again in the future.

__________________________________

The Silver Tide is the perfect ending to an excellent debut trilogy. It takes everything I love about fantasy
TS Chan
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Conclusions can be tricky, and I've been disappointed by quite a few. Thankfully, The Silver Tide does not belong in that unfortunate category. The denouement of this underrated Copper Cat trilogy was utterly satisfying and even brought a little lump in my throat as I bid farewell to the Black Feather Three to whom I've grown quite attached.

There have also been at least a couple of well-lauded fantasy series out there which I've put aside due to the trusted opinions of a great bookish
Kristalia
Final rating: 6/5 stars
For the whole series: 5/5 stars
Despite everything, they had a plan. It was a ridiculous plan and they would likely all be killed, but they weren’t going down without a fight. ‘If it was easy, it wouldn’t be any fun, would it?’

This is one of the best series I have read lately. It was damn perfect! Fantastic plot, so many emotions, fantastic characters! I just couldn't stop reading. I read first 20% in one night,and another 80% today without rest.

Not to mention, THAT END
Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜
Read with my buds at BB&B, 2016.

FINAL RATING: 4.5 STARS...AGAIN

What a beautiful book. I read the previous two a couple months ago and still remember the characters and the plots. I was hesitant to pick this one up as I was pretty anxious to have it all end; but alas, there must be an end to everything...and this may be one of the best endings to a book series I've read. I'm serious.

I'm a girl who loves her trilogies. E.g Lord of the Rings, The Godfather, Howl's Moving Castle, Foundation...there'
Milo
The Review Can Also Be Found Here!

The Copper Cat Trilogy has been one of my favourites of recent years in the epic fantasy genre. It’s fun, engaging and well-written, feeling a lot like David Lynch’s Gentleman’s Bastard series and working really well as a result. The characters have been really fun to follow and it was great to see Aaron Firth Wydrin, and Sebastian Caverson return even if this is the conclusion to the Trilogy. We follow them on their latest assignment from the deadly pirate (and
Alissa
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-ebooks
4 solid stars until the ending. When they turned 5. The final book of the Copper Cat trilogy keeps the flair of its predecessors, like unremitting action, witty repartee, an engaging plot and very, very interesting characters. Yet it's also different, there is a definite development of all the story threads weaved that far (resolved or otherwise) and they converge well. It is still a light read, with more emphasis on action than on motivations (Sebastian. Seriously?), but this installment offers ...more
Booniss
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I first got into fantasy through the likes of Narnia and The Hobbit as a kid. After years of terrible Tolkien imitations, I went off it and moved on to urban fantasy. The Copper Cat trilogy has made me fall in love with swords and sorcery all over again, and The Silver Tide in particular has had me beaming with joy. It is just such a blast to read, replacing long travel descriptions with fights and adventure, and replacing the sausage fest of Ye Olde Fantasy with a fabulous and diverse cast of c ...more
Lanko
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
A worthy conclusion to the trilogy!

I was curious to see what the author would pull off in the third book, after all how could things get bigger and more powerful than Y'ruen in the first book and Joah Demonsworn and Bezcavar in the second?

I guess because of this expectation I struggled with the first half, but after that things started to click together, though the antagonists didn't had that much screen time, specially when displaying full power.

It also used very well a certain trope (I guess
Peter Newman
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-things
Like the two before it this is filled with fun, action and fruity language. And again, despite it's magnificent size, I found it a breeze to read. Tucked between the explosions however there are deeper things going on. There are themes of consequence, taking responsibility, the importance of love, not to mention dealing with grief and our own personal demons. The characters are loveable as ever and while I'm sad to wave goodbye to them, it feels like they got the send off they deserved. Top job!
Hailee
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this whole trilogy sooo much.

Review to come...
Mieneke
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, fantasy
Pirates, time travel, dragons, Oh My! The Silver Tide returns us to The Black Feather Three and their exploits. And this time we’re meeting Wydrin’s family, who are about as awesome as you’d expect from knowing Wydrin. Because Wydrin hails from pirate stock and her mum is the biggest, baddest pirate around. And while the pirates absolutely mean tons of action, what stuck with me most about Devinia — and the other pirates, but mostly Devinia — was the incredible emotional depth to their character ...more
Katrina
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
*copy from Netgalley in exchange for a review*

I received this from Netgalley and started reading it before realising it was the third part of a trilogy. I soon found out that it was possible to catch up quite quickly and figure out who was who, and so I did not feel it necessary to read the previous two--though I might do so in the near future.

First off, I love the cover--the imagery and the clever little phrase. I also like how the writer examines the relationship between Gods--humans who wors
W.G. Saraband
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The Silver Tide is Jen Williams' last book in a trilogy that could be described with an unstopabble string of positive adjectives, but a simple "superb" will have to do for now.

Firstly, you should know that you can pick up and enjoy this story immensely without having any previous knowledge of The Copper Promise or The Iron Ghost, but I would highly recommend that you went through them first, otherwise you might miss out on some elements of the story.

This is a world rich and diverse, but where J
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Clever, creative, diverse in so many respects (gay characters, lesbian characters, multiple PoC main characters, disabled characters), and so very fun.
Elspeth Cooper
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am tagging this onto the final book, but stands for the trilogy as a whole. This is fun, fast-paced, colourful and relentlessly inventive fantasy with a deeply human (and humane) core. I loved it and Jen Williams is on my auto-buy list for sure. I can't wait to dig into The Ninth Rain soon. ...more
Allie Riley
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wonderful, satisfying conclusion to this fabulous trilogy. I loved the characters, the exciting adventures and the colourful descriptions. Perfect escapism - just what the doctor ordered. Now to try the other trilogy by this author.
Lucy Hounsom
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First published on Fantasy Faction By now, I’m sure everyone knows how much I love Jen’s books. Last year I was raving about The Iron Ghost, which was one of my favourite titles of 2015, and I’m happy to say that The Silver Tide is firmly lodged in my favourites of 2016. Not only is it a great book, it’s a great end to the series. There’s a lot of pressure on an author to finish a trilogy to everyone’s satisfaction, but Jen has delivered a perfect finale. Like its predecessors, The Silver Tide i ...more
Joanne Hall
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heroic-fantasy
Aoife
Ye Gods and little fishes!

I'm so sad this trilogy is over. It was absolutely amazing. The final book gave me everything I was looking for and more, even though I'd be quite happy with another three books as I just love all the characters so much.

In The Silver Tide, The Black Feathered Three travel to an island called Euriale which is seeped in old magic. The mercenaries and ex-mage have been employed by Wydrin's mother, fierce pirate captain Devenia the Red to find some hidden treasure. But they
Fábio
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was a hell of a ride! The epic conclusion to an amazing series.
I mean, it had action, adventure, pirates, magic and dragons and lots of other things I'm not telling you about because you really should just go read it and find out. It was also so much fun! Almost since the first chapter in the first book this instantly became one of my top favorite series! I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're even a little bit into fantasy, you need to read this series.
Jen Williams' writing j
THE BIBLIOPHILE (Rituranjan)
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Silver Tide is I believe the most strong novel in the Copper Cat Trilogy. Here we plunge again into the ancient world of gods and monsters, and wild magic. What I liked most in this book is that Jen Williams pays equal attention in developing the characters as well as advancing the plot. Like the other two novels, this book delivers a good action packed story, albeit with an epic sense to it.

The Silver Tide mixes the old familiar tropes with a little sci-fi element in them. In this novel, th
Lynn Williams
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading The Silver Tide by Jen Williams. This series is so good that it makes me want to cry because it’s now come to an end. Literally, I could cry right now! Enough about me though, to the book with a small cautionary note about spoilers for the first two books in the series.

This book is so good, I absolutely loved it. It’s jam packed with so many goodies that I’m sure I developed an ache in my jaw from just gaping ridiculously whilst readi
Foggygirl
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal end to a phenomenal series.
Jessica
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing ending to the trilogy! It’s bittersweet and tender and it ties everything together! I love Jen Williams and I love the Black Feather Three
Boneist
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was *epic*! I really enjoyed it and thought it was a very suitable end to the trilogy. I really liked Oster, and I thought he made a brave decision.
Chris
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
*copy from Netgalley in exchange for a review*

The Silver Tide is the third entry in Jen William’s “Copper Cat” sequence. It follows the adventures of female mercenary and professional troublemaker Wydrin, along with her colleagues/frenemies Sebastian the knight and the rather cranky mage, Lord Frith. In the interests of full disclosure – I’ve been a fan of William’s work since her first in this sequence, “The Copper Promise”, and the second, “The Iron Ghost” was one of the first works I reviewed
Dumpy Unicorn
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Trilogies are tricky things to work properly they should do more than simply be one long story there should be themes that ebb and flow. Narratives which build and peak and then build again. I usually count myself lucky if the trilogy I read is three decent books which hold together well. And then there’s Jen William’s Copper Cat trilogy which I am so deeply in love with right now it is a little bit obscene.

Here is my review of the Silver Tide, there will necessarily be spoilers for The Copper P
Shaz Goodwin
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The Silver Tide surpassed all my expectations.

New characters give colour and depth (Wydrin's mum Devinia makes an entrance and I wouldn't have expected anything less) and we get to meet up with characters from the past (sorry but Jonah still made my skin crawl even if it was 'before').

While Devinia is facing her own vulnerability on Euriale our indomitable Black Feather Three are also separated and learning things about themselves and what they're really c
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Thief Who Went To War (Amra Thetys, #5)
  • The Thief Who Wasn't There (Amra Thetys, #4)
  • The Thief Who Knocked on Sorrow's Gate (Amra Thetys, #3)
  • The Thief Who Spat In Luck's Good Eye (Amra Thetys, #2)
  • The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braids (Amra Thetys, #1)
  • Chasing Graves (The Chasing Graves Trilogy, #1)
  • Ravencry (Raven's Mark #2)
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • King of Assassins (The Wounded Kingdom, #3)
  • Blackwing (Raven's Mark, #1)
  • The Ruthless (Deathless, #2)
  • The Gutter Prayer (The Black Iron Legacy, #1)
  • Dark Forge (Masters & Mages, #2)
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger, #6)
  • Blood of Assassins (The Wounded Kingdom #2)
  • Darksoul (Godblind #2)
  • The Bear and the Serpent (Echoes of the Fall, #2)
  • The Heart of Stone
Jen Williams, fantasy writer and Lego obsessive, is the author of The Copper Cat Trilogy and The Winnowing Flame series. She is represented by Juliet Mushens, and is partial to mead, if you’re buying.

The Copper Cat (3 books)
  • The Copper Promise (The Copper Cat, #1)
  • The Iron Ghost (The Copper Cat, #2)