Start by marking “Her Last Shot” as Want to Read:
Her Last Shot

Her Last Shot

(Last Shot Romance #1)

Girl next door Rachel Darling has been in love with local baseball hero, Bastien LeBeau, for her whole life. Now that he's back in town, can she convince him that she’s the right woman for him or will he lose the best thing that might ever happen to him?
Published October 15th 2015 by Megan Ryder Books

Start your review of Her Last Shot
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Her Last Shot is by Megan Ryder. I read it as part of the Small Town Summer anthology.

Rachel Darling has lived in Swan’s Creek, Maine, all her life. And for almost just as long, Rachel has loved Bastien LeBeau, the brother of her best friend. Rachel is a Kindergarten teacher and loves her life in the small coastal community. The only thing missing is Bastien or Bas. It’s time for him to notice her as a grown woman, not the friend of his little sister.

why baseball is my favorite sport(;

Bastien has had one dream for as long as he c
Nicola Mckenna
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of Her Last Shot (a novella in the Small Town Summer box set) for the purpose of leaving an honest review. Not hard to give this boxset a hearty 5-stars, it was... phenomenal.

Packed with strong stories, each novella brought me right into the characters' hearts (and sometimes bodies, WOW!). I loved the different voices of each author, and I can honestly say that each of these novellas delivers richness and satisfaction in spades.

The emotion and action were straight of
Cynthia
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a cute little read Rachel has been in love with Bas for years with him returning to town she feels this is the last chance she will get to win him over. Bas takes one look and is hook but he knows he is no good for her. He does the right thing and walks away. This was a cute funny read that I enjoyed from Rachel always putting the wrong foot forward so to speak to Bas walking in an hearing things he should. They have to overcome a few issues before they can think about finding happiness ...more
Lisa H
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bastien “Bas” considers himself a washed up has been who coaches high school baseball and substitute teaches.
He knows he’s not good enough for his younger sisters best friend.

Rachel has had a jones for Bas since high school. Now an elementary schoolteacher she can’t even cuss, hence the sunken ditches.

It’s funny when she finally makes a move on Bas and strikes out big time.

Bas lets her down politely, she’s a forever kind of good girl, too good for him and he’s just messy right now.

What happens
Melissa Spears
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review. Great book! I always enjoy seeing the hometown girl get the boy! Rachel has always been in love with the local baseball stud and he finally sees her for the wonderful mate she is. A lot of fun watching them struggle.
Barbara
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new series called Last Shot Romance and I know I want to read the next book. Rachel Darling and local baseball hero, Bastien LeBeau's story have two people who have to find a way to make their love work. Bas has to especially realize what he wants the most. A well written story that runs smoothly from page to page. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Sheila
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel who teaches kindergarten has been in love forever with her best friends brother Bas who was let go by his baseball team and now coaches at the school. He only saw her as his little sisters friend until one night in the local bar he sees her as the knockout that she is and just maybe he's ready to date her that is until his team calls him back. Loved this complicated story and the characters were great.

poppy
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This is a mix between a sports romance and a brothers best friend romance so it was just perfect for me. I am a sucker for a good well-written romance and often find myself curled up for hours because I cannot stop reading and that was the case with this book. I just loved Rachel and Bas they were great together and the chemistry was hot my only issue was she was just too nice and let her family walk all over her but other than that this is a super read and I can't wait for more.
Mary
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this fun story! It's a fairly quick short read with a wonderful plot and great characters. The story is well written, cute and somewhat sweet. I really like Bas and Rachel. Both very likable and sweet characters. Bas is struggling finding his place in life and Rachel has loved him forever. I really liked this story a lot!!! This is the first story by this author I have had the opportunity to read. I was pleasantly surprised and I look forward to reading more of her work.
Jeanne Richardson
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written Megan Ryder; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Ashleigh
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick enjoyable read.
I felt that the author had the ability to convey some depth to the personalities of the characters bringing a greater sense of reality to her story.
The writing draws you in and keeps you interested until the end.
The chemistry between the H and h is great plus their attitudes and events going on make the story even richer.

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Christina Montminy
My first read by Megan Ryder was enjoyable. Bas & Rachel have known each other forever & Rachel has loved him just as long, but to Bas she's his little sisters best friend. Rachel has been trying for the last 2yrs that Bas has been home after being let go by his Minor League Baseball team to get him to notice her but nothings worked. For Bas the last 2yrs have been torture, he's been licking his wounds & waiting for the phone to ring with an opportunity to get back in the game that he loves. Bum ...more
Brenda Moser
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written short story with strong characters and an entertaining story line. The author brings enough drama and steam to keep things interesting and moves the story fluidly and at a steady pace. I enjoyed and would recommend this book.

Melissa
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Hometown girl might get the boy if he realizes that the baseball career he's been pursuing may not be all that he's dreamed of.
It's a light and enjoyable read with a bit of sports romance and best friends older brother.

Kimberly
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line, and the story is a well written read. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable short romance read.

Fleur
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a great small town romance quick read with characters you will fall in love with as well as hate at times. For a novella it has loads in it to keep you entertained as well as engaged as we see how Rachel and Bastien's relationship develops and hope for the best but wonder if it's not meant to be.

Tanya
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She has been in love with him all her life but he is a star and has never seen her like that. Now he was back home and she decides this is her last shave to snare him. Will she get him? Will.He sees her for the love he really needs? See what will happen

Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyed this book about Rachel and Bas. Excellent chemistry in this best friend’s sister romance. Entertaining!

Cindy Pearson
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Megan’s that I have read. I loved it.
Ashley Stevenson
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing and unique story love the characters. Sometimes you will have to follow your dreams before you will be ready for any path you chose or that special someone.
Lisa
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a sports romance junkie, and I liked this story. I've never thought much about what it must be like for the guy who's pushing thirty and almost made it but didn't quite. Keeping his options open, hoping for the call that never comes. It must be a hard way to live. That's Bastien "Bas" LeBeau, ball player with a high school level club coaching job and not much else but his large family in his business. Until his sisters bestie makes one last attempt at getting him to notice her. Rachel is to ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I truly enjoyed this book. The relationship between Rachel and Bas was so romantic. Girl has loved boy for years, boy never knew she existed until one night at the local bar. This novel was all about realizing the dreams you have always had might not be the ones you end up with, only to understand that in order to be happy a new dream came to the surface without your knowledge. Everything in life is made better around the baseball diamond. I would highly recommend this book.
Kerry
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
4.5 stars! I won this book at another author's release party and am so excited to have this new-to-me author! I had just finished a fairly heavy/dark book and was looking for something light and enjoyable, and this novella definitely fit the bill! Rachel has been in love with her friend's older brother, Bas, for years but he has never noticed her... until now. His dreams of playing in the major league seems out of reach, and he is back in his hometown coaching little league and substitute teachi ...more
Linds
Terry
Jul 22, 2015
Kolena Horner
Jan 14, 2019
Ever since Megan Ryder discovered Jude Deveraux and Judith McNaught while sneaking around the “forbidden” romance section of the library one day after school, she has been voraciously devouring romance novels of all types. Now a romance author in her own right, Megan pens sexy contemporary novels all about family and hot lovin’ with the boy next door. She’s also a master procrastinator–with knitti ...more