Start by marking “Lady Overton's Perilous Journey (Honorable Rogue Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Lady Overton's Perilous Journey (Honorable Rogue Book 1)

Read Book

Lady Overton's Perilous Journey

(Honorable Rogue #1)

When her son’s life is threatened, Lady Overton seeks a vessel bound for America. Before the ship even reaches the high seas, sparks fly between her and Captain Alex Hawks. Although the young widow may be lonely and afraid, she cannot risk the diversion a romantic entanglement could bring, no matter how much she wants to lose herself in the captain’s embrace.

The Captain
Published July 11th 2015 by Secret Cravings Publishing
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Lady Overton's Perilous Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Overton's Perilous Journey

Start your review of Lady Overton's Perilous Journey (Honorable Rogue Book 1)
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Afraid for her son’s life and her own, Anissa escaped the rather complicated situation they were in after she bashed Lord Howard on the head with a heavy statue. Lord Howard wanted to strip them of their title, so when Anissa heard about his plan, she concocted her own perilous plan to get away from them as soon as possible.

They were saved when they aboarded a ship going to America. Lady Anissa met Captain Alex and an unmistakable attraction passed between them. Tried as she might, she couldn’t
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Anissa, the widowed Marchioness of Overton will do anything to protect her son from the wiles of her deceased husband's uncle, Lord Howard's machinations, even leave all she holds dear behind in England and set sail for America. Anissa swears her young son to silence of who they really are and asks the Captain Alex Hawks to allow the lady and her son passage on his ship. The handsome Captain reluctantly agrees to do so discovering soon that Anissa is not all she admits to being.

As the ship sets
Kathleen Rowland
It’s 1802 in England when young widow, Anissa, escapes from her dangerous employer, Lord Howard. She fears something terrible could befall her and her toddler son, Harry. They run away on horseback to the port of Plymouth where she convinces Captain Alex Hawks to accept her money as payment for passage on his ship. Anissa “would lie, cheat, or steal” to protect her son.
As his ship departs Hawks takes notice of a man (Lord Howard) on shore shouting for Anissa. She says he has been courting her s
Leslie Williams
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anissa, the Marchioness of Overton, is on the run after her son’s great uncle, Lord Howard, threatens to kill her and her son for the title of Marquee. After she bashes him on the head when he attacked her, she flees and finds a ship that is heading for America. She begs Captain Alex Hawks to give her passage so that she can escape Lord Howard (unbeknown to Alex), and the captain agrees. The long journey allows for chemistry to flare between Anissa and Alex, but Anissa refuses to get involved wi ...more
Eileen Dandashi
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story which began in a middle of a scene showing us the desperation gripping Anissa. Intent on saving herself and her son, she had clubbed Lord Howard with a brass statue after he had attacked her when intent on rape. Her sole thoughts were to escape with her child. Lord Howard wanted both dead so he could be the new Lord Overton. She braved the crossing to America to get as far as possible from him, to be lost in the new world.

Anissa had loved her husband, and not long widowed. S
Tammy Gould
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not your typical romance novel. I have to say I find that way refreshing for me! I have been reading so many romance novels that they all have the same feel and the same plot and it is rather dull for me. I really loved this book. I loved Anissa, just not her herself, I loved the name! It is a really different name and beautiful name at that. I love Alex! I love how he is so kind and gentle and caring and so over protective on Anissa and her son Harry even though he just met them.

I mig
Melissa Mitravich
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 18+
Recommended to Melissa by: https://pratr.wordpress.com/
Shelves: romance
I received a copy of this book from the author and Paranormal Romance & Authors that Rock, in exchange for an honest review. The whole book is easily summed up in its own title, “Lady Overton’s Perilous Journey”. The story is set in 1802 and follows Lady Overton as she flees England with her son to America. Her “journey” isn’t about the actual traveling. It’s about overall growth within herself, her emotions, trust, family, and love.

As an independent reader/reviewer for PRATR, I give this book 5
Vikki Vaught
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed writing Alex and Anissa's romance. It is definitely a tale of opposites attracted to each other, and yet still finding a way to overcome their differences. I hope you will enjoy their love story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I particularly enjoyed the historical research for this one. I originally set this story in 1809 and found out through further research, that year was too close to the War of 1812. Jefferson passed the Embargo Act of 1807 which stopped all trade going
Karen
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd forgot how much I enjoyed historical romance novels until I found this author by chance and her writing reminded me why I used to read them all the time. I was gifted the paperback of this book and so enjoyed it. It has all the elements that I love in a book. It was one of those books you hate every time you have to sit it down and go do something else when all you really want to do is finish reading. If you are a fan of historical romances than do yourself a favor and pick up this one it's ...more
Stephanie
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lady Overton's Perilous Journey, was very interesting I was not bored at all and felt as if I was back in time. the language made this story very unforgettable along with the complex characters.
although that language helped get into the mindset of the era, I felt as though it was not necessary. I also Loved the many plot twists!
Over all great book!
Donna Salzmann
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. Although I generally am not a big Regency reader, this book was such a good blend of action and romance that it drew me right into the story. I really enjoyed Anissa and Alec's story. Descriptions of the time period were spot on, and interactions between the characters lively and entertaining. A good read for a cosy afternoon!
Penny Culberson
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wonderful book - great love story
Patricia Schuette
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Overton's Perilous Journey

This was a very enjoyable story that combines the English aristocracy with American families. I didn't want to put it down.
Kindle Reads
2.5 Read bestsellers before this, tried not to compare but

Overall, wished this story had more charm. Characters seemed flat, dialogue stilted at timed. Was okay with plot until heroine suddenly remembers her son's godfather is a Duke, after she spent five weeks on a ship to America.
Characters had potential but wished they had more depth. Also wished dialogue was not so abrupt. There were instances of conversation were I felt as if writer was looking for quick exit from scene.
Felt I had to give 2
Vikki McCombie
Nov 23, 2016
Sylvia
Mar 20, 2017
I'm an avid reader of Historical Romance and a true romantic at heart. I also read and review in other sub-genres as well. I'm happiest curled up in my chair with a good book and a cup of coffee!

I am also an author and have written close to a dozen novels, and I'm currently working on my next, while fighting off future characters clambering for their own book. I started writing career in June 2010

Honorable Rogue (3 books)
  • Miss Kathleen's Scandalous Baron
  • The Viscount's Salvation (Honorable Rogue #3)