Start by marking “Legacy of Secrets (Kingdom Keepers: The Return, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Secrets (Kingdom Keepers: The Return, #2)

Legacy of Secrets

(Kingdom Keepers: The Return #2)

Disneyland, Opening Day, 1955. When five present-day teenagers known as the Kingdom Keepers find themselves thrown into a past that would make anyone envious, things don't exactly work out the way they'd hoped. Finn, Charlene, Maybeck, Willa, and Philby open a door into a place and a time when the legend of the Disney parks is just starting. They are there, in 1955, to ret ...more
Published March 29th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Secrets, please sign up.
C.O. Bonham Yes loads of them. Do not read this if you have not read The Syndrome.

Yes loads of them. Do not read this if you have not read The Syndrome.

The Syndrome, actually falls chronologically between books one and two of The Return series.(less)

Maxwell
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
A fantastic thrill ride from start to finish. I picked it up and with the exception of a 20 minute break for dinner, I didn't put it down until I finished. The series keeps getting better and better with each installment. The third and final installment of the Return trilogy is going to be epic!
Anita
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yay finally had time to finish. As a huge a Disney girl, I was happy to finally get my hands on this book. I have read the entire series and have loved it. No they aren't perfect books, but they are fun and a Disney fans should enjoy them. I can't wait to see where the next book will take the Keepers and fairlies.
Mark Baker
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade, 2016
The Kingdom Keepers are back in 1955, trying to follow clues to find Walt’s pen so they can make sure it is properly preserved so they can use it in the future. Meanwhile in the present, Amanda and Jess are trying to figure out how to help them and stumble upon long buried secrets that might change the game for everyone.

The two plots are balanced perfectly, keeping us entertained. Plus we learn some hows and whys that I didn’t know I cared about but explain much of what has been happening in the
Melliemom
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! The next one won't come out fast enough. How long do I have to wait? Too long! A lot of detail and back and forth. Had to reread a couple paragraphs to be sure I grasped who and where I was at. But I am already impatient for the next one. Can't wait, can't wait, don't want to wait, but alas I have no choice.
Rpaul Tho
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Story is getting better which is why I gave it four stars. Same annoying habits that the author seems to think readers like. It really gets annoying when every puzzle results in one of the characters understanding it and then spending the next three pages saying "what, you don't get it, it's so obvious". Just tell the damn story and forget the terribly written "suspense" parts.
Tanni
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leona  Carstairs
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I went through a "Kingdom Keepers phase" where I begged my library to get the next series, which they did because my librarians are awesome. Turns out they ordered two copies of this book (one hardcover and one paperback). They kept the paperback and let me have this hardcover version so now I own it and I didn't even have to pay a dollar for it! Great series, really thought it was awesome!
Lexi L 8A
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next book to come out! If it is half as good as this one it will the best. This was a little slow at the beginning, but after a while it got better.
Sue
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These stories bring me a lot of joy. I can't wait to see how this series is going to end. It's fun to see what happened in the past. And the audiobook narrator is great in these.
Heidi Lil' Chip
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book took me awhile, but I really enjoyed it!
Jeanne Boyarsky
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Ray
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: disney, autographed
This book had a much better ending than the first. However, it still blatantly sets up for another book in the series. Had the first two been one book and it ended here it would not be as bad. But this is a trend in his Disney books. Story wise it is enjoyable and continues from where the first book abruptly left off. A good read as long as you aren't expecting the full story.
Rebecca Carter
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Can't wait for the next one! :D
Jessica
This book is AMAZING!!! A thrill ride from start to finish, I loved every second of it! I cannot get enough of The Kingdom Keepers, and will be counting the days until the next book!!!
E.J.
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Even better than the first one! This one was definitely edited better too, no typos that I detected! I need the next book! I want to know how this is going to end!!!
Cindy
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
This series just needs to end.
Amy
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Kingdom Keepers continue to find themselves in deeper and deeper challenges as they attempt to unwind the mysteries behind the stonecutter's quill and the involvement/development of the Overtakers. Finn, Charlene, Maybeck, and Philby are finding themselves constantly being monitored and vigilant for danger as they navigate the Disneyland of July 1955. The presence of Wayne and his return as a young man is both nostalgic and sad, knowing his ultimate fate and finding out more and more behind ...more
dreaming_ginger_unicorn
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney
Linda
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Upon receiving a cryptic message from their old (and now-deceased) friend Wayne, the Kingdom Keepers travel into the past, to the opening day of Disneyland in 1955. There, they try to prevent the sequence of events which resulted in the "birth" of the Overtakers. But if there are no Overtakers, then there is no need for the Kingdom Keepers ever to exist ...

I found a few errors in the Hardcover text: Page 8, Finn, whose boyish charm had matured into an intriguing forbearance. / (As it stands, thi
Sharon
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the penultimate book in the "Kingdom Keepers" series, in which we come closer to putting the whole mystery together.

The five Keepers are still trapped in the past, a few days after Disneyland's opening, while the Fairlies try to evade real-life bad guys who are connected to their past in the quasi-governmental research facility they still call Barracks 14. With the help of an Imagineer, Joe, they're coming closer to rescuing their friends ... who are also working on coming home in their
Vrinda
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The five Kingdom Keepers travel on "Jingles", the time-traveling carousel horse and they travel to 1995, when the Disneyland Park is first opening.They meet a younger Wayne Kresky and an alive, Walt Disney. Together, the five kingdom keepers find out about a person who wants to make Walt Disney a fraud. Meanwhile, Amanda and Jess find out more about the "Legacy of Secrets" with help from Nick, Emily, and Tim. In the middle of this chase, the kingdom keepers travel back in time to find out who wa ...more
Justene
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, it was wonderful. Some parts got a little weird for me, although overall I still enjoyed it.
I would recommend this book for ages 10+
Pearson did a great job writing this book, and it is pretty recent so I could easily connect with some things that were put into the book. I also loved that it was connected with Disney and had some superhero written in.
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up from the last book with the keepers going back in time to 1955 when Disneyland opened up. This book was really cool, the keepers met up with Wayne and even Walt Disney himself. Amanda and Jess were more in this book too and trying to help the keepers return from the past. I can’t wait to read the next (last book) in this instalment.
Sandy Schmidt
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Back and for the between Disneyland and Disney World, time travel, return over the Overtakers, conspiracy against Walter Elias Disney. An exciting second book in the series which leaves one wondering if the Kingdom Keepers will ever be able to return to the present.
Natalie
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good and I couldn’t put it down. Cant wait to read the next book to see what happens next!! I alway think the clues are so clever. How does the author figure all this out it’s so creative?!
Avonlea
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
2.5/3 stars
Alexis Sasso
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing can't wait to start the next one!
Laura Iacono
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good continuation of a fantastic and fun series!
Rick
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, light, YA read. Pearson mixes some fantasy with technology and weaves that mix together with characters that each bring unique backstories and skills into the unfolding plot.
Nadine
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very EXCITING......can't wait for the next book!!!! Happy Reading:)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 4
  • Beauty & the Beast
  • HIDDEN MICKEY 2: It All Started... (Hidden Mickey, #2)
  • Rapunzel and the Griffin Prince (Once Upon a Spell, #6)
  • The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Roses in Amber: A Beauty and the Beast story
  • Prince of Seduction (The Royal Chronicles, # 2)
  • Queen Alice (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #2)
  • The Fearsome Foursome (Tales from the Haunted Mansion #1)
  • Blood Tide (Never Land, #3)
  • Black Panther: The Young Prince
  • Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Disney Little Golden Book (Disney)
  • Beauty and the Beast and Other Classic Fairy Tales
  • Unlocking the Kingdom: The Battle for Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland
Ridley Pearson is the author of more than twenty novels, including the New York Times bestseller Killer Weekend; the Lou Boldt crime series; and many books for young readers, including the award-winning children's novels Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter and the Shadow Thieves, and Peter and the Secret of Rundoon, which he cowrote with Dave Barry. Pearson lives with his wife and two daughters, div ...more

Kingdom Keepers: The Return (3 books)
  • Disney Lands (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #1)
  • Disney at Last (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #3)