Start by marking “Star Wars: Lando” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Lando

Star Wars: Lando

(Star Wars: Limited Series)

You know him, you love him — now, join him for his biggest caper ever as master of charm Lando Calrissian steps into his very own high-stakes adventure! Before he joined the rebellion, before he ran Cloud City, Lando made his way in the galaxy getting by on some swindles, some swagger and a smile. With the loyal Lobot at his side, Lando has a plan to steal a very valuable ...more
Published January 19th 2016 by Marvel Comics

Sam Quixote
Oct 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Looking forward to the inevitable Boba Fett solo series? Or even the Han Solo solo series? Well, Marvel know what you want because heeeeeere’s… Lando? Oh…

Lando’s not a bad character. He’s not a great character either but it could’ve been worse - can you imagine giving Chewbacca his own series? Wait, that’s next week? Wow, Marvel are really milking this Star Wars licence for everything it’s worth! So it’s up to writer Charles Soule and artist Alex Maleev to somehow come up with a story for this
Dimitris
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Star Wars: Lando is exactly how a story about the best smooth-talking smuggler in space should be; entertaining, exciting and tense. Before he joined the rebellion, before he ran Cloud City, Lando made his way in the galaxy getting by on some swindles, some swagger and a smile.
description
Soule and Maleev tell us a story from the early life of Calrissian as a smuggler. This story is about his most stylish and crazy space heist he ever made, that of course takes just almost instantly a turn for the worse. Ev
Josh
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this graphic novel was great. Pre A New Hope, we get a glimpse into the swindler that is Lando, a charismatic criminal whose loyalty to his inner circle is unquestionable and whose thirst for a quick credit unquenchable.

Lobot, the bit character from Cloud City is given a decent amount of page time; enough to render the character into one of more substance than the droid-like incarnation of the original films. I really enjoyed the extra layer of depth to him and gained an appreciation
Paul E. Morph
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first thing that struck me about this book was that artist Alex Maleev had significantly changed his style for it. I don't know if it was an intentional thing or whether working in the Star Wars universe rather than Marvel's street-level arena forced his hand (see what I did there?) Whichever it was, I like it. His line work is cleaner and he can't get away with using photographs for his backgrounds in a galaxy far, far away.

As for the story, well, it started out OK. The first three issues w
Gianfranco Mancini

Not bad at all and the iconic character played by Billy Dee Williams always been a fan favourite of mine, but this volume was just as not as good as other recent Marvel Star Wars series (main one and Vader) and secondary characters were much more interesting than Lando for me.
Still a good read if you wanna read a "lost tale" in the past of the sexy smiling smuggler before he became the Baron Administrator of Cloud City and a general for the Rebel Alliance.

Donovan
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A character study in charm, luck, and allowing one’s egoism to culminate in the destruction of everything you love—a much deeper, darker portrayal of the Lando we love.
Sesana
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, star-wars
Obviously, Marvel is a business and is going to make the most of their exclusive Star Wars license. Fair enough. Make a list of ten Star Wars characters you'd like to see get their own comic book miniseries. Is Lando Calrissian on that list? He isn't on mine. He isn't even in my top fifteen. Where the hell is my Wedge Antilles and/or Rogue Squadron book? For that matter, I'd pay real cash money in the currency of Marvel's choice for a Biggs Darklighter mini. Yes, Poe Dameron is coming, now, but ...more
Scott S.
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A couple of good plot twists and some knowing dialogue from the title scoundrel - sounding as if it could've been lifted straight from an Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi script - still doesn't quite make this one a 'must read.' It's good and the story actually gets better as it progresses, but I'm not quite sure Lando is an interesting enough character to take the lead and carry his own solo adventure. (My favorite thus far of Marvel's recent SW releases was Skywalker Strikes!, which w ...more
HBalikov
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I remember Lando Calrissian from arguably the best Star Wars film, The Empire Strikes Back. You must as well or you wouldn’t be reading this. So, we all recall that our Star Wars heroes fled to Bespin and Cloud City, a place administered by Lando who was wary of anyone who would get the Empire’s attention focused on him.

Previously, Lando had won Cloud City in a game of sabacc. Lando is a gambler and his life is chaotic. Whether his skills are sufficient to save him is a guess at any point. You
Katie
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The FEELS
Julia
Pretty much exactly what I expected of a Lando comic. I loved his smug and witty lines and how the plot is of consequence for Lando and makes him the person we know from the films. Also great artwork, it feels old-school without being outdated.
Matthew
To check out my reviews: http://dancinginth3dark.blogspot.com

True Rating: 4.5 Stars

I fall into this category where everything that I read in regards to Star Wars has to deal with The Force Awakens. If I stumble upon something that has nothing to do with the new movie I've notice that I'm disappointed and not focus.

I blame the mass marketing behind the new movie and promoting everything too early and now that the film is going to premiere in less than 30 days I am going insane. If I had this com
Ari
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
What a refreshing ride. No way this was only a miniseries, it needs moar! I've always liked Maleev's art since Daredevil and Spider-Woman, and he still delivers. I don't care much for Lando in general, but with good writing I can like any character and this is what Soule accomplished, he really fleshed him out. Even though you know Lando has to survive, there is still tension in the story and you want to see how he uses his head (or his charm) to get out of a problem. Some interesting secondary ...more
Zane Hoffmann
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
Didn't expect to enjoy this book all that much after reading the just alright first volume of Marvel's Darth Vader series, but I enjoyed it so much and now i'm slapping myself in my tight little bottom for thinking otherwise. Landon is arguably one of the best characters of the original trilogy. He's like Han Solo, but more charming, and cuter, and cooler, and he's Billie D. Williams.

I think that the writing in this book from Charles Soule is top notch, it's not too dark in tone and it works w
Jerry
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good space opera yarn with excellent artwork.
Frédéric
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
As charismatic (read visually appealing) and vain (read thin plotted) as Lando this book is rather an agreeable if not profound read.

To pay his debts Lando steals a ship that happens to be a personal items of Palpatine himself. Tough luck. Especially considering what's inside the ship.

Well, we all know Lando will make it alive-the action takes place before The empire strikes back-and patiently wait to know how he'll sweet-talk his way out of this. Decently plotted but I will probably forget it i
Chris
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm incredibly angry about most of the story turns in this, but it was still good. I'm confused.
Lance Shadow
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Star Wars: Lando is Marvel's comic book series that stars the suave, dark-skinned swindler played by Billy Dee Williams. Of all the star wars comics that are considered canon, this is the one I have read the most by far, and I intend to read it many times again. It is awesome.
My favorite trade paperback published in the new comic line so far is the first volume of Kieron Gillen's Star Wars: Darth Vader (review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...), but admittedly the lackluster follow
Paz R.M.
The beginning was actually pretty good, but I lost my interest quite fast with issue 3. Meh. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Lando, but left me bored and disappointed. The artwork, however, was one of the best things in this volume, especially the coloring which I found stunning.
Meepelous
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel
As a fan who has never really dug that much further then just the movies, I feel a little bit intimidated trying to review my first comic book in this sprawling super popular franchise. But we've all got to start somewhere, and this certainly struck me as a better place then the one other star wars comic (that shall not be named) that I had read a couple of years ago, so here goes.

Going into this comic I completely missed the fact that I have read other works by this author previously (namely hi
Ryan Stewart
A pretty solid little tale about a long-time fan favorite. Lando is up to his old tricks. Only this time he's stolen from the wrong guy.... the emperor. Antics ensue. It's worth a read if you like Star Wars, but it's far from the best of the recent Marvel offerings with the franchise.
Ruel
Sep 08, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

So far this has been my favorite Star Wars spin-off adventure from Marvel's most recent cash-in of the franchise. Lando Calrissian is portrayed exactly as we remember him: the coolest, smooth-talking, gambling scoundrel in the galaxy.

This tale takes place before Lando was the respectable leader of Cloud City, back when he was still hustling and trying to pay off debts while staying a step ahead of the blasters pointed at him. He finds himself in the midst of a huge score with minimal
Jason
Feb 21, 2016 added it
Whaaaat? I was totally not expecting this to be so good. Some great new characters (too bad some of them didn't get to survive the miniseries), an appearance of one of my favorite prequel ships, emperor palpatine, and new information about a previously one-dimensional OT character who I will never regard the same again. And TO TOP IT OFF, gorgeous art by Alex Maleev. Wow. Just wow. I really hope we get to see more of Chanath Cha.
Max
May 15, 2016 added it
Charles Soule kills it. It was the dialogue that blew me away, here: I can hear Billy Dee Williams' voice behind every line out of Lando's mouth. I don't know how Soule accomplished this particular bit of ventriloquism, but I'm really happy that he did.

Excellent art, too.
Saimi Korhonen
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5/5.

What a great comic! I absolutely adore Lando and his journey from a well-known smuggler to a responsible baron administrator of a city and, later on, a rebel general. So naturally I really enjoyed this comic. It takes place before Lando is the baron of Cloud City, so he is still a scoundrel. It's really funny, action-packed, surprisingly emotional and full of Lando's signature charm that I am powerless to resist. So yeah, I really loved this comic and I highly recommend it.

Also Lobot. Lobo
Jedi Master Megan
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Have to say, even though Lando isn't my favorite character, this was pretty good. Lando acted just like he should and I like liked seeing his relationship with Lobot. They were a lot of things left unanswered. (view spoiler) Hoping there will be another one. Fingers crossed!
Rob Ryan
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!
Katia
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5

Un buon volume. Mi sono piaciuti tanto i colori, le sfumature, e non mi aspettavo una storia così originale. Ottimo lavoro, Soule!
Melissa
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
About a 3.5. A fun story about Lando pulling a heist with a crew - and it turns out that is this one object you don’t want to steal. Ever. Kinda goofy but a bit too short in my opinion.
  • Star Wars, Vol. 2: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 2: Shadows and Secrets
  • Star Wars: Kanan, Vol. 1: The Last Padawan
  • Star Wars: Shattered Empire
  • Star Wars: Princess Leia
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Star Wars: Rebel Heist
  • Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: Agent of the Empire, Volume 1: Iron Eclipse
  • Star Wars: Legacy II, Vol. 1: Prisoner of the Floating World
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Vol. 6: Vindication (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #6)
  • Star Wars, Volume 2: From the Ruins of Alderaan
  • Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
  • The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure

Star Wars: Limited Series (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Star Wars: Princess Leia