Start by marking “Zodiac Starforce #1” as Want to Read:
Zodiac Starforce #1

Zodiac Starforce #1

(Zodiac Starforce Volume 1 #1)

Comic, 32 pages
Published August 26th 2015 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Zodiac Starforce #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zodiac Starforce #1

Amanda
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This is adorable and I'm in love with the art in this. Super colorful and great detail.
Erika
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
OMG! i found a new fav comic!!
it's abt magical girls and sisterhood, in a similar vein as buffy: the vampire slayer, sailor moon and sakura cardcaptor and these are too many comparisons but it also reminded me of how much i loved w.i.t.c.h. as a kid.

the art is pure perfection:

yay! i'm excited to see what the future holds for this series =)
Jamie
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Danielle A
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Really enjoyable introduction to the Zodiac Starforce, a group of young girls that have superpowers to fight evil. I loved the artwork and the characters so far. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Gervan
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, comics-gns
First Impressions: Zodiac Starforce -- https://gjalvi.wordpress.com/2016/05/...
Natalie
THIS WAS SO PINK AND SO GIRLY AND AMAZING
Emma
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love how this comic is heavily influenced by both Buffy & Sailor Moon! I also love that one of the main characters is called Emma & that's she's a Gemini like me! Keen for more Zodiac Starforce!
Leonela
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is awesome. 100% magical girls fun.
Shannon Whorlow
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Such a cute read, fast, quickly and such a girly feel good. I can’t wait to read more.. x x
Emily
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg this series is perfect! I love these girls so much! And it's just the first issue! I love that Gemini is named Emma (one of my nicknames). If only her color was blue (my favorite color). I cannot wait to read more!
Jaime Stilwell
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This comic is so adorable and fun! I love the art (someone on the team def knows their color theory) and seeing a comic that doesn't start out with an origin story is so refreshing. The varied cast, budding lesbian romance, and the clear inspiration from magical girl series like Sailor Moon are all pluses, as well. Can't wait to finish it and the next part of the series!
Jess
This was really cute, good art, good storyline.
Rita
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This was so...info dump-y...
Hayley
3.5 stars. This was a bit confusing, bc it feels like you’re stepping into the story at the middle, but it will hopefully get better/less confusing.
Teresa
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
If you like Sailor Moon and other magical girl manga/anime, this is for you. I'm hoping they build more backstory in the next volume.
Maddie (HedgehogBookReviews)
You can also find this book on Hedgehog Book Reviews!

Zodiac Starforce is a group of girls who fight monsters and evil, in general. They each have a different zodiac sign and come with their own, unique powers. In this episode, Diana, the popular girl at school, tries to get the Zodiac Starforce leader to join her team of evil. The other girls must try and save their friend before she is too far gone. There is also a bit of romance on the side too, because what’s a superhero girl gang without a b
Carrie (goldenlyre)
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
The cover looks hella kick ass but idk the first issue is really slow. On top of that, they keep referencing to the past and I have no idea what they're talking about. Obviously they'll discuss it in the future, but I really don't like being left in the dark.
Chloë ( *ˊᵕˋ)
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Woo, that was great!

The reason I picked this up is because I'm a huge fan of Japanese Magical Girl series and Sailor Moon is my all time favourite. The Manga, both anime adaptations, the musicals, the live actions show - you name it, I'm a fan of it all.

This first issue sets up the scene and foundation of what's to come and I absolutely can't wait to find out what that stuff may be!

The art style is great and offers a unique spread of many distinct characters. The colouring style is absolutely g
Nicole N. (A Myriad of Books)
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Sailor Moon
What's not to love about this, really? This was recommended to me because I like love Sailor Moon. Like seriously, it was my childhood along with a slew of other things.

So here's a group of teenage girls who, blessed by the goddess Astra, have can transform and with that, they have powers. The great thing about this though, which makes it different from Sailor Moon, is that it is not an origins story. It takes place about two years after Zodiac Starforce initially broke up. Some things caused th
Beatrice
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-collection
This is so awesome and way better than I expected. The story revolves around a group of friends with magical powers which are all linked in some way to their zodiac sign, and which call themselves the 'Zodiac Starforce'. However, unlike many this does not start out with an origin story, and in fact it starts out two years after the team has fought together. They seem to have slightly drifted apart, however, are brought together when a monster shows up of nowhere and they realise that this is jus ...more
Jen
In this Western magical girl comic, best described as Sailor Moon meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer, we skip all the origin story stuff, and are instead presented with a team of four magical girls -- Emma, Kim, Savanna, and Molly -- who have already saved the day. They previously fought and sealed away the great evil they were meant to defeat, and the four girls are now retired from the fighting evil game, and have disbanded to live out their normal high school lives. Of course, a new wave of stran ...more
The Sapphic Nerd
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A big hit with me! With a beginning as promising as this, I have high hopes for Zodiac Starforce. The creators were influenced by their love for strong female characters in shows like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Sailor Moon, Avatar The Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra, and you can feel it in this issue. It's spectacular. Even better because it doesn't take itself too seriously. There's heart in this. And I love the inclusion of different skin colours, body types, sexual orientations, and how ea ...more
Shannon
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-girl-comix
The art and coloring are so gorgeous that regardless of story quality I would have enjoyed this book. This particular issue had a lot of history to allude to and characters to introduce, so we haven't really seen the arc begin to unfold. I'm feeling pretty confident that when it does this will become a 5 star series for me.
Angel
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I didn’t know anything about Zodiac Starforce, but I was absolutely delighted by the cover. It looked like it could be fun and engaging, and as much as I appreciate dark and heavy stories, I love being able to find lighter fare in comics.

Check out the roundtable over at !
Holly Letson
This was fun to read. But, I wish we had not been thrown into a story that had already partially completed. We are constantly reminded of a battle that they already had that we did not get to read.
Bridgette
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, own
It was a little confusing at first as it open two years after the girls have saved the world, but once I got my bearings, it was great. The girls are all amazing, and I enjoyed seeing their friendship. If you're a fan of Lumberjanes, give this a try.
Ruby-Mae Roberts
I give this first issue two and a half stars. It feels like a Mr. Buy Right version of Jem and the Holograms meets Lumberjanes. I'd like to continue reading this series at some point in the future when I have more time.
Naomi
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO MANY REFERENCES TO SAILOR MOON, I WAS DYING. The drawing style is so great too, plus the diversity and interesting starting point for such an intense plot. I'm so excited to see where it goes from here to lay down the ground work.
Julie
Very much enjoying this series, which might as well have been aimed directly at my heart. As a Sailor Moon fangirl, it hits right in that space reserved for awesome design, beautiful artwork, strong friendships and team dynamics. :D
Sheila
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
THIS IS SO COLOURFUL!!!1!!!!!111! Also, have got to love a team of magical girl fighters BUT without the lengthy origin story! I like that this starts effectively in the middle, but without using exposition for the background story. Can't wait to read more!
  • Runaways #1
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #2
  • Darth Vader #9
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • The Hollows (Hollowland Graphic Novel)
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • Black Canary #1
  • Kingdom Hearts: The Novel
  • Tokyo Ghost #1
  • ヴァニタスの手記 3 [Vanitas no Carte 3] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #3)

Zodiac Starforce Volume 1 (1 books)
  • Zodiac Starforce Volume 1: By the Power of Astra