Start by marking “Diamonds (Life According to Maps, #2)” as Want to Read:
Diamonds (Life According to Maps, #2)

Diamonds

(Life According to Maps #2)

Maps’ kingdom is crumbling before his eyes.

His parents are forcing him to get a job, there’s a new kid at school who won’t stop staring at him, and his best friend is too busy thinking about girls to help Maps deal with his real problems.

Worst of all,

Maps is lost.

And none of the roads on his map are leading to Lane.
Published October 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Diamonds, please sign up.
Nash Summers I'm so sorry! I completely missed this question.
I'm so sorry! I completely missed this question.
There will be another story in this series. :) It's called Lane's. I haven't decided yet if that will be the end of this series or not!

Thanks!(less)

Start your review of Diamonds (Life According to Maps, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

"THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE!"

Neither is being cat-called.

Or getting sassy while dressed up as a giant chicken.

Or arguing with a 5 (and three-quarters) year old.

But this is MAPS. And his life isn't ordinary.

When Lane spends the summer at baseball camp, Maps doesn't miss him. At. ALL.

So what if Lane hasn't sent a postcard in three weeks?

Maps has other things to worry about ... like Benji stalking girls at a mall or getting a job.

Maps is too smart for a job, but his parents insist. Which is
wesley
diamonds

The story continues! And well, I thought things are looking up with Maps and Lane’s relationship. That finally, they are moving forward and I’ll be soaring over the moon in perfect bliss because everything is just peachy.

But nope, not gonna happen. Although low steamed, as with every Summers masterpiece, she keeps the romance in the oven until fully baked. This story slowly burns – giving you millions of tiny moments that make your heart skip a couple of beats.

And it doesn’t really help that

Ele
Maps had no idea what he was doing.
“Of course I know what I’m doing,” he said.
“Piece of bike. Like riding a cake.”

Maps is back, you all! And this time with real problems!

Poor Maps has to find a job. His parents are forcing him to. I know, it's "absurd and preposterous. Absurdly preposterous” , in his own words. And it's not his fault his employers don't appreciate his efforts!

Also, who is this new weird kid that keeps staring at him? Remember how Lane kept looking at him, like he wanted to
Emma Sea
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful sequel to book one, with more tension, more conflict, and best of all, MORE MAPS. I, too, feel like waiting for sedimentation from time to time. Perry is adorable, and made a fantastic foil for Benji.

As with book 1, I wanna quote a whole bunch of stuff, but I don't wanna spoil the book for anyone. But I highly rec it. Sheer happy entertainment.

***

but I haven't read book 1 yet! I AM SO FAR BEHIND IN MY READING!! Gah!
Sheziss
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: less-than-75

Very funny and smile-inducing. I liked this one better than the first part.

"Apologize", Lane said to Superman.

Superman turned to Maps. "Uh, sorry dude."

Maps folded his arms across his chest and stuck his nose up in the air. "Hmph. You should be."

Lane turned back toward Maps, smile now covering his face. "I like your cat costume."

"Thanks", he replied, definitely not shyly and definitely not while his face heated.

"Oh my god," Benji said, drawing out the sentence like a long note in a song.

Out of
Justin
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Oh Maps, how I've missed you!

Warning: slightly spoilerish, maybe.

Diamonds is the perfect follow up to Maps and takes place right where book 1 leaves off. If you haven't read the first book, do it now!

Map's quirkiness is in overdrive in Diamonds and the results are hilarious. I was laughing out loud almost immediately. But don't be fooled, this story is not all fun and games. Maps and Lane navigate the newness of their budding relationship while dealing with physical separation, some
Ami
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I found out that Nash Summers would be releasing the next story of Maps Wilson, I was excited. Maps was pretty unique as a character. I always pictured him a tad of young Sheldon Cooper. Genius, smart, but can be condescending towards others, socially challenged, and exasperating. But lovable -- can be lovable.

In this sequel, Maps is missing Lane (even if he vehemently denies it) because Lane is staying at baseball camp. Maps also needs to find a job because his parents demand it - oh the
Sandra
Maps is being forced to get a job, and Lane is at summer baseball camp. Maps doesn't miss Lane, not at all, no, sirree. Maps does not sulk, nor does he stare longingly at Lane's window. He's a free agent, a rakish rogue, and he doesn't miss Lane at all.

Between getting dressed as a Giant Chicken while working at the Chicken Castle or Palace or whatever, getting into a fight with a very surprised Lane who only wanted some chicken, being pursued, according to Benji, by hot hairstylist/fellow
☆ Todd
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it

After totally loving book 1, the bar was set ridiculously high for me, but ,sadly, this one didn't give me the same giddy butterflies in my stomach that the first story did.

Yes, I did love the whole Chicken Castle / chicken suit part, but much the same way as that particular scene ended, this story made me frown in a lot of places.

Bottom line:
I missed Lane. SO FREAKING HARD. For a large part of the book, he was totally MIA -- even after he'd returned from his summer-long baseball camp. At least
Sheri
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Life According to Maps is beautifully bizarre. He has to be one of the most peculiar and utterly endearing characters ever...and I adore him!
Summer break is supposed to be packed with good times & fond memories.
Lane is away at baseball camp and Maps is most definitely NOT missing him (liar) and he is completely capable of working a mundane summer job per his parents insistence (liar) and has no need for formalities like titles (PANTS ON FIRE). Who needs a boyfriend? Certainly not Maps.
Tess
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I think I can confidently say that there has never been a character quite like Maps before. On the face of it, you wouldn't think he'd be likeable: he's offbeat to an extreme, somewhat clueless, fairly dorky, lacks most social skills and is completely obsessed with scientific experiments. Basically, he's off the charts quirky.

But not like him? No way! He's freaking adorable. I just want to hug him and hug him and never let go.

Diamonds continues right where Maps left off. Lane has
Kaje Harper
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light, m-m, ya
The highlight of these two books (and you definitely want to read Maps first) is the depiction of an Aspergers teen who has so many of the issues of being on the spectrum, and yet is positive and finds a way to start a relationship.

In this sequel, Maps does not suddenly become less challenged, or more socially adept. That's a very good thing, because I hate books where a challenge is introduced for angst, and then faded out when it interferes with the romance element. The solid, consistent
Karen
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read
I probably should have quite after the first one, but I didn't...

I told myself that I wasn't going to bother with this story since the first one was only ok for me. But, apparently I lied. I was poking around the internet yesterday and checking out new releases and there it was taunting me so I figured 'what the hell?' and picked it up to read.

Initially I was honestly regretting this move and I had no one to blame but myself. I was finding Maps to be even more annoying than he had been in the
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

I love spending time in Maps’ world. A world filled with smiles and sweetness and constant motion and adventure. I just never know what’s going to happen or come out of his mouth. Just going to school or down the street can be an adventure with Maps at your side!

This time out we find Maps job hunting. Yes! I said job hunting! Maps’ parents are forcing him to get a job for the summer, which has Maps hollering foul! What about his experiments? How will he find the time to dig up the garden for
books_and_brew
Yay! This one was just as cute as Maps! Miscommunication is one of my pet peeves in books but this one worked so well that I couldn't help but love it!

Maps was adorably naive again but I loved every minute! His humor and wit are so flipping funny!

Lane was as endearing as ever. I loved seeing him become more comfortable with himself!

Starting Lane's now!!!

On to the next!
Arch Bala
“Who needs a psychiatrist when you have the internet? I can diagnose myself. I’m very capable, you know.”

What a perfect follow-up to Maps. I loved him in the first book and I love him even more here! I mean, Maps is Maps. Maps is perfect and he and his best friend Benji are perfect bffs together.

Here, Maps’ parents are forcing him to find a job like a perfectly normal high schooler. It’s perfectly normal right? Not with Maps though, for him it was absurdly preposterous. Besides, he needs time
Therese
*4.5*

A lovely reunion with Maps:-). Maps is still very much like in the first encounter with him, extremely quirky, cute and endearing.

The sequel was very funny and I was laughing out loud often!
(view spoiler)

”When Maps first laid eyes on Kyle, Maps was so
Lost in a Book
3.5 Stars

I liked this one, just not as much as the first. I didn't really get a clear picture of Lane which was understandable in the first book but I would have appreciated more character development in book 2.

I loved the addition of the extremely sassy Perry and his friendship with Maps while Lane is at baseball camp. There wasn't much happening in this book outside of Maps' internal monologues and his silly antics. I didn't appreciate the antics as much in book 2 because I was hoping for more
Sara
That cover?
That title?
More Maps and Lane?
*squee*
River
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, young-adult
I love this series so much, I'm going to write one review for the whole series in Lanes.
Mónica BQ
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I really liked this one, but can't help the comparison I make with the absolute perfection that book 1 was.
Maps is still one of my top favorite characters ever. The way Nash Summers writes is a work of art and I make an ample recommendation of everything Summers has ever written.
Lori
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review soon. Adored his though!
Trix
I fell in love with Maps and all his quirks! I might have shed a tear or two (view spoiler)

Maps continues to be his magnificently absorbed self. (view spoiler)
Rick
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another delightfully silly teenage romantic comedy in the life of Maps. Following the typical arc of all rom-com's things start off well enough, get worse, but get cheering again by the end; because of the genres conventions, that's to be expected. Our usual cast of characters are present, although I really expect the monster, aka Princess Madame Sprinkle, to have seen with Benji at the daycare center where he reportedly works - but oh well. Maps trying to find employment was filled hilarity and ...more
Amy
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maps is one of my favorite book boyfriends. I love him. I think I read this whole book with a huge grin on my face. Seriously, Maps is so endearing. And I love Benji, Perry, Lane and Princess Sprinkle. Very sweet story!
Marcie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts
Being that this is book 2 and the way #1 ended I was expecting for it to have more of Lane and Maps. So I was a tad bit disappointed in that sense. But even so, it was still a fun & adorkable!
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
"Pft! Who needs a psychiatrist when you have the internet?" I can diagnose myself. I'm very capable, you know."

Maps. I missed this little mad man. Same goes for Benji, Lane, and Madame Princess Sprinkle. Who can avoid missing such wacky, interestingly named individuals? These stories are so short, but every time I read one I leave feeling as it I've read a much longer story. Most short stories fail in that department.

Anyone looking for a cute, little story to give them a few "aww's" and laughs
Mercedes
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, ya

I love Maps. I would say I love Lane too but we never really get a chance to get to know him. Anyway, I think Maps is cute but his social awkwardness comes off as childlike behavior which I don't enjoy and actually worries me. Still, I am willing to give him a pass at times.

I would like to hear more from Maps and Lane. And also from Perry and maybe even from Benji.
Jules Lovestoread
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars! Maps is totally my hero. I love him so damn much. LOL Review coming to www.thenovelapproachreviews.com !!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Diamonds by Nash Summers 1 13 Nov 01, 2015 04:45AM

• A Breath Apart
  • When Everything Is Blue
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Lock & West
  • Burning Britely (Burning Britely, #1)
  • There Goes Sunday School
  • Shrewd Angel
  • Trailer Trash
  • Out in the Field (Out in College, #4)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Ghosting You
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Kiss Me Again
  • My Mate Jack (Heated Beat #1)
  • Love for the Cold-Blooded, or The Part-Time Evil Minion's Guide to Accidentally Dating a Superhero
Nash Summers rarely has any idea what she’s doing. But when she likes to pretend, she pretends by writing stories at the pace of drying paint. As if that wasn’t exhilarating enough, Nash also enjoys absolute silence, general politeness, and waiting her turn in line.
Needless to say, she’s a bona fide hell raiser.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nash.summers...
Nash also has a super cool newsletter

Life According to Maps (3 books)
  • Maps (Life According to Maps, #1)
  • Lane’s (Life According to Maps #3)