Start by marking “Pep Talks (Pepper Jones, #4)” as Want to Read:
Pep Talks (Pepper Jones, #4)

(Pepper Jones #4)

Jace
College isn’t all fun and games, and it gets lonely at the top. Thankfully, I have Pepper. She is the last person I would ever dream of hurting, but when I realize she has the power break my heart, I do the only thing I know. I push her away like I did back in high school, back when I thought she was better off without me. One thing’s becoming clear, I’m not better of
Published (first published July 26th 2015)

Start your review of Pep Talks (Pepper Jones, #4)
Sarah Elizabeth
This was an okay story, although it did feel a bit slow in places. Jace’s behaviour towards Pepper was awful though, and I don’t blame her for being upset about it.

6 out of 10
Haley Anderson
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With this book being the 4th installment in the Pepper Jones Series, I can tell you, you will not be able to put this down once you have started! I absolutely LOVED it!

Not only does Ali give you Pepper’s POV but she also throws in a couple of Jace's POV. I’m really glad Ali gave us a glimpse of what Jace what thinking.

We get to see “Wild” Pepper be born (I kinda like this side of Pepper lol ) and then you see the closed off Jace (not a big fan)

So in this book, Pepper will be a Freshman at UC
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was a decent read. It does remind me of why I try to stay away from YA books. Jace and Pepper are both in college now. Things are going great until his mother calls him. Then he becomes a jerk. Pepper doesn't handle things well. Needless to say, there was a lot of useless drama in this book. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get this relationship back on track.
Traci
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

description

Full review and more at http://bookplusheart.com/2015/07/24/p...

This book showed Jace and Pepper at their lowest points. It was great that Ali Dean added some chapters of Jace, so we as the reader can get a since of what is going on with him.

Okay, so I just finished reading the 4th book in the Pepper Jones Series. I have to say there were many things that surprised me. Now I will put my disclaimer in now.

1. I got an ARC copy from the author in PDF form that was still in the final stages
Meedah
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-enjoyed-it
Okay so i semi enjoyed this series especially the first two book but then the third one was just a hot mess, it was too much crazy going in still i read it and enjoyed it. I like reading about pepper's journey.

So pepper has started college and it's basically the same as when she was in high school, she is literally boring (like me lol), she does meet new friends yet she's feeling very homesick( i wanted her to suck it up and stop complaining)

Everything was going great with her life and with jace
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope there will be another one

Loved reading more about Pepper as she goes to college. I hope that is not the end though, don't want the series to end on that note
Kate McMurry
Fourth book in a compelling YA/NA sports romance series

This YA/NA novel is the fourth book in a six-book series about Pepper Jones and Jace Wilder, whom we have previously encountered in book 1, PEPPED UP, book 2, ALL PEPPED UP, and book 3, PEPPED UP AND READY. The books in this series are not stand-alone, and it is recommended that they be read in order. Note that this review will be a spoiler for books 1, 2 and 3 if you have not read them yet.

It is Pepper's freshman year and Jace's sophomore y
Bette
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an Emotional Rollercoaster! 💙Pepper Jones! Fantastic Audible Listen🎧

Pepper Jones, Book 4
By: Ali Dean
Narrated by: Stacey Glemboski

OMG, I’ve been loving everything about this series, from Ali Dean’s writing style to the amazing storylines and characters she created, as well as the narration. I’ve been routing for Pepper and Jace, they’ve been friends since childhood and are now lovers, they are each others biggest supporters. They are both attending the same college now, Jace is a so
TheBookBoutique Brittany_Elizabeth_Sarah
"We fit together. We look right together. We feel right together. She makes me happy, brings me a peace I can't find anywhere else."

Oh JACE WILDER! I was in HEAVEN when I started Pep Talks because I love dual points of view. And we finally got a sneak peak inside the mind of Jace Wilder himself. Although at times I wanted to punch him because he was being ridiculous, that was quickly gotten over because I still loved reading his thoughts. It was like the vault door was finally opened and w
Ara
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patty
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pepper Jones, Book 4
By: Ali Dean
Narrated by: Stacey Glemboski

I can't even begin to tell you how involved I am in Jace and Pepper's relationship. Each book delves me a little further into the story. While I would love for everything to always be rosey, this book gives us a look at life as Pepper enters her freshman year in college and hoping to have that storybook year with school, running and of course her boyfriend. But we all know life isn't like that, and things take a turn. I would
Toula
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audio book review
Book 4 in the series . This audio is great. I haven’t listened to the rest in the series but .... this one will grab your ears , your heat and your emotions.
Hero is Jace. Heroine is Pepper.
Pepper is off to college , to an athletic life. Pepper is having the time of her life . It’s a great connection that the school is having between both female and male runners .
Male in the story is Jace.
Jace and Pepper has an up and down time together. Jace at one point breaks up with Pepp
Tiffany Copple
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars for Pep Talks by Ali Dean. This is book 4 in the Pepper Jones series. This book has a different feel to it than the rest so far. Pepper is learning to stand on her own more and not rely so much on Jace. Jace is facing something that might just break him. He falls back on how he used to treat Pepper.
“I start to wonder if he has all of us fooled. Did I ever know him like I thought I did? His ability to shut me out like I don’t even matter frightens me. It makes me afraid of him and for him
Patricia carlisle
This is Peppers first year at college. She's trying to figure out how she fits in her with the college running team and new roommates. There are more parties, drinking and of course Jace.
Jace Has self doubt when his mom abandoned him for a second time in his life. This rejection numbed his feelings. He pushed Pepper away, because in his mind, he didnt want to feel. Pepper knew he felt loss, but his decision devastated her.
Ali Dean added another depth to this story between Jace and Pepper. Their
Crissy
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good series, the flow is just slow. Jace and Pepper story continues in this book so please read this story in order. I was not surprised by what Annie did. Disappointed? Yes, but not surprised at all. It's sad that she fell off track and her actions affected Jace more than ever. It causes major changes to his and Pep's relationship. I hated how he hurt Pep but after a while I was over it and wanted her to fake it til she make it. I hated the way she let Jace see her hurt and I wanted h ...more
Karen Voitik
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
>Book Review – Pep Talks
>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 4th in the Pepper Jones series and ends so freaking sad. Pepper is now in her first year at the same college that Jace is at. She is dealing with new girls and teammates, a new coach and coaching style and more talented competition. She needs Jace to ground herself. Jace faces his issues as his mom abandons him again. He starts to push Pepper away so she can’t hurt him first.
>Pepper is very mature about Jace’s behavior. She
Christi Fowler
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Pep Talks
Author: Ali Dean
Format: Audio
Narrator: Stacey Glemboski
Genre: YA/NA, Sports (Running)
Standalone: Nope
Part of a Series: Book 4 (of 6) of the Pepper Jones series
POV: Pepper and some Jace
Steam Level: Not much/Fade to Black
4/5

Holy Shitake Mushrooms! Pep Talks got real! We join Pepper, now in her first year at college. Pepper and Jace go through their ups and downs . Pepper makes new friends but we revisit some old ones as well. Pep Talks keeps you rooting for Pepper and Jace, gets yo
Mary Mutisya-Astin
Wow! What a ride! I laughed, I cried, I screamed out loud!

Pepper Jones is finally at college and everything seems to be going great. She and Jace are stronger than ever after everything they have even through and she seems to be finding her feet with her new teammates. That is until Jace receives news that shocks him to the core and he is determined to push Pepper away while he deals. Read on to find out what happens.

This was a page turner from start to finish and I am thankful I was able to rea
Megb
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so this has been the worst book of them all thus far! Now before you start hammering me, let me explain..

Pepper is finally in college with Jace, they are finally together. Then things fall apart and I think oh ok a small break, it happens. BUT I don't expect the crap that really happens in this book! It makes me hurt and angry and sad all at once. I love that we get small glimpses of Jace and what is going through his head, but it's nowhere near enough. It doesn't answer half my questions, my
Sophie Koufes
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook Review:
Pep Talks (Pepper Jones, Book 4) continues to keep you engaged & craving what's next. The writing style shows no inconsistency, repetitiveness, or fluff to drag out the narrative. Characters are compelling with complex personalities. All components of concoction including angst, betrayal, brokenheart, family drama, romance, & sports all well blended together to create a entertaining listen.

Narator Stacey Glemboski performance continues to sparkle. She has a organic style that fi
Bluepits73
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

Get ready to have your heart torn out if your chest. There is so much that happens. I love that Pepper is such a strong character and it really shows itself in this book above any. I'm both angry and in awe of the author's ability to break our hearts in this one.

The narrator did sound a little different in this book but was equally as amazing as the rest of the series. I think the slight change was a good representation of Pepper's transition fr
Krista
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pepper is a Freshman in college and learns quickly that life doesn't always go as planned. Jace loves Pepper and is happy that they are in the same place until a life altering event. Fear causes him to push her away. Can Pepper stay strong for the both of them? Will Jace come to his senses? I love this series so much! Bunny is always a scene stealer and is one of my favorite characters. I love how much Pepper grows and finds an inner strength that I don't think she realized she had. I can't wait ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pepper is a freshman at the same college as Jace. They are still together and she's focused on running. We get some previous characters that pop back u and we get some new ones. I was excited because Jace and Peeper were back at the same school but things get a little rocky. I wasn't a big fan of Jace and book one but along the way I grew to love him but in this one we get jerky Jace back. I loved this one but I hated the turn that Jace and Pepper's relationship took.
Ashley Hedden
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pep Talks (Pepper Jones #4) was another good read by Ali Dean. Jace feels how lonely college can be but feels lucky to have Pepper. Unfortunately once he realizes just how badly Pepper can hurt him he decides to push her away. It may be too late once he realizes that he was wrong. I absolutely loved reading Pepper and Jace's story even though I wanted to yell at the both of them many times. I can't wait to read more by Ali Dean.
Audra
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book and it does not fail to entertain. A story of a love so strong that you would rather push it away than risk getting hurt. Anyone who has experienced a breakup can relate to Pepper and her longing to be with Jace while trying to get over him. While Jace wants nothing more than to be with her but is scared she will leave him broken-hearted. It leaves you wanting more and rooting for these two the whole way through.
Angela
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, this was a tough one after falling in love with the duo. But just goes to show how effective the book was. After reading, I realized that the title, Pep Talks is so appropriate because this one is all about Pepper finding her voice on her own. To see her grow into herself if amazing and now I can't wait to read the next one.

Ps. I love that this installment has Jace's point of view, even if it didn't divulge much into who he is.
Josie Cannon
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blown away

Hell yeah the girls beat the boys!!! There is nothing more rewarding than winning as a team!!! This book some unexpected turns. Some things made a little more sense and others left me confused. In the end a shouldn't "NEED" any one but ourselves but we definitely "WANT" someone by our sides! TBD.....
Ginger
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I lost a lot of love and respect for Jace’s character in this story.
Having said that I am not going to indicate my reasons that would give away to much. I do also have mention it maybe for the best, for Peppers sake. This is not a joy filled story, will move on hopefully the next Pepped Up Forever is.
Stacey again did a great job narrating.
🎧Reviewed for Audiobook Obsession 🎧
Kori Dicken
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m in love with this series, but this one broke my heart! My heart aches for Jace and Pepper... they need each other so desperately, but Jace does everything he can to push her away... I just hope the damage they are causing isn’t irreversible!

This one was an emotional roller coaster for sure!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broken Hill Hearts (Broken Hill High #4)
  • Broken Hill Hurt (Broken Hill High #3)
  • Broken Hill Halo (Broken Hill High #2)
  • Hidden Creek Secrets (Hidden Creek High #1)
  • Broken Hill Havoc (Broken Hill High #5)
  • Broken Hill High (Broken Hill High #1)
  • Hidden Creek Darkness (Hidden Creek High #3)
  • Hidden Creek Love (Hidden Creek High #2)
  • Unbelievable (Haven Falls #2)
  • The Last First Game (The College Pact series)
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts (The Boys, #1)
  • Better With You (Bragan University, #1)
  • Hidden Creek Forever (Hidden Creek High #4)
  • Unforgettable (Haven Falls #4)
  • Untameable (Haven Falls #3)
  • Rich Prick
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • Broken Hill Honor (Broken Hill High #5.5)
Ali is a USA Today Bestselling author of sports romance. She has always loved to read, especially when there's a happily ever after, but found that there weren't enough books out there featuring girl athletes. So, she decided to work on that. Like the heroines in her books, Ali is an athlete, with running and skiing her favorite sports these days. Ali hails from Vermont and now lives in her own ha ...more

Pepper Jones (7 books)
  • Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #1)
  • All Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #2)
  • Pepped Up & Ready (Pepper Jones, #3)
  • Pepped Up Forever (Pepper Jones, #5)
  • Pepped Up & Wilder (Pepper Jones, #6)
  • Chasing Indigo (Pepper Jones, #7)

News & Interviews