Start by marking “Dream On (The Silver Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dream On (The Silver Trilogy, #2)

Dream On

(Silber #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  17,557 ratings  ·  1,287 reviews
Things seem to be going well for Liv Silver: she’s adjusting to her new home in London; she has a burgeoning romance with Henry Harper, one of the cutest boys in school; and the girl who’s been turning her dreams into nightmares, Anabel, is now locked up. But serenity doesn’t last for long.

It seems that Liv’s troubles are far from over—in fact, suddenly they’re piling up.
Published May 3rd 2016 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published June 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dream On, please sign up.
Emily I'm listening to the English audio book now.…moreI'm listening to the English audio book now.(less)

·  17,557 ratings  ·  1,287 reviews

Start your review of Dream On (The Silver Trilogy, #2)
Alexa
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mystery, german
I am SO angry that there keep on being insinuations about a possible romantic relationship between Liv and Grayson, from both outside sources and Liv and Grayson displaying attraction towards each other themselves. JUST KISS ALREADY! You know, I'm already pretty sure that Henry and Liv is endgame, but just give me one kiss scene between these two and I will die a happy woman.
___
June 26th ... June 26th .... June 26th ...

Alyssa
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Dream On by Kerstin Gier
Book Two of the Silver Trilogy
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Publication Date: May 3, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Things seem to be going well for Liv Silver: she's adjusting to her new home (and her new family) in London; she has a burgeoning romance with Henry Harper, one of the cutest boys in school; and the girl who's been turning her dreams into nightmares, Anabel, is
Nina
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This book was just as good as the first one and a great second part of the trilogy! It was once again a very quick read and this time I also started to really connect to the characters! I'm excited to see how this series will end and decided to give this book 4 out of 5 stars! ...more
Suzanne
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is fascinating to me. I really like this author! Short review because I need to start the third right away to get some reading done before bed!
ball of floof [Nija]
4.5 or smth

I JUST WANT LIV AND GRAYSON TO BE TOGETHER
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK

(Also I think I'm out if that reading slump induced by Throne of Glass and the fact that after reorganising it, my bookshelf looks magnificent but doesn't really leave any space for more. *cough* I THINK I'm out of it ...)

------------------------

THERE IS A COVER (nobody edited it yet, but there is)

description

THIS COLOR I CAN'T EVEN
omg
"dream on"
omg

------------------------------
June? June is fine. I'm okay with June. *eye twitch* I c
Sharon
I really, really want to love this series, as I am a HUGE fan of Kerstin Gier’s other work. However, this just got a bit too…cliché YA. It could be sweet at times, but it lacked the originality and charms from her other series.

I was feeling the romance in the 1st book, but nope, I’m done here. Henry was just bringing too much of the cliché romance from other YAs I’ve read. Too much secrecy, bad communication, and nonsensical angst.

In general, most of the females who were present in this book suc
Ashley Daviau
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a slight disappointment after I enjoyed book one in the series so much. The main reason I enjoyed it so much less is because the characters became SO damn annoying and I constantly wanted to strangle them all! And the teenage drama? No thanks! The whole idea of dream walking is still incredibly interesting and really intrigued me and I did enjoy getting to learn more about it and how it works and that’s what kept me interested through until the end. I won’t be continuing with this serie ...more
Mel
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up because I really thoroughly enjoyed this!

This book takes place a couple months after book 1 left off and I felt that the time jump didn't impact the series in a good way. In fact, I think it was actually really well done. I felt like the character progressions where fine the way they were and that relationships didn't suffer or feel too advanced.

Plot wise, I liked the overall theme of this one better than book 1, but I didn't like individual plot points. The Mr. Snuggles pl
Stacee
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I've really enjoyed al of Kerstin's books, so I was beyond eager to get my greedy hands on this one.

As always, I love Liv and Mia. Their relationship is filled with banter. Liv is a snark machine and being in her head is a lot of fun. This entire cast of characters makes the story interesting.

The downside to the second book in a trilogy is that it's sometimes seems useless. And while I did enjoy this story, I don't feel like any of it was necessary. Sure, we did find a few things out, but most
tappkalina
Dnf. Enjoyed the first one, but it doesn't give me any emotions and the love interest is not it.
How does this series have so few characters, yet I know nothing about any of them?
Katerina  Kondrenko
9 out of 10

ревью на русском/review in russian

Childishly predictable, superficial, and simple. But damn it's magical! Kerstin Gere's books are my cure for the autumn sadness (winter, spring, and summer too, like Lottie's cookies) I don't care how the story ends, I just enjoy each page, laughing out loud (do you often laugh out loud when reading books?).

In this part, we lose Jasper. What a loss! This guy is so silly, without him the show just can't go on. And we find Grayson who acts like a g
Zoha
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
It was underwhelming!
Hillary
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! This series just keeps getting better and better.

I was so glad to see that this time Grayson was included in the main plot against the enemy with Liv and Henry. Those three are so cute together! I missed Jesper so much tho. Jesper please come back to us in the third book.

Apart from the great characters, what I really love about this books is how funny they are. I actually have problems reading this series in public places.
The funniest scene of this book was (view spoiler)
Asia
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie ☘
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Didn't like this one as much as the first book. The plot wasn't as interesting. My main problem is Henry, and the romance. I did really like him in book one, but here, one particular scene reaaly bothered me. (view spoiler) ...more
SyaSya Syed Nasir
Omg! How am I supposed to update all the books I've read. Hahaha! But anyway, the story is so good. I cannot wait to get into the third book. Yeaayy! It will get interesting. ...more
Alex
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if you could visit someone in their dreams?

'Silber: Das zweite Buch der Träume' is second book about dream adventures of Liv Silver. While sleeping she and her friends Grayson, Henri, Jasper, Anabel and Arthur (ok maybe not all of them are friends...) can walk between people's dreams through special doors. In this book, besides her night troubles, Liv has to face twins grandmother, troubles with her boyfriend, beeing embaressed by Secrecy and hated by whole school, her sister's
Odette Brethouwer
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inbezit, 2016
Just as unique and amazing as the first one! I highly recommend this one! Especially if you like books like Robijnrood, Finding Sky and other girly books with magic. The world is very unique, the main character is very likeable, and the boys are very cute and sweet. What's not to like hihi!

PS this is what good readathons are made of, and good sundays! Started this book this morning hihi #missioncompleted
Aira  Cabrera
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

Looks like Liv has even more problems now than before. Someone or something sinister is in following her in the corridors of the dream world. Her sister is sleepwalking, and is unintentionally putting herself and Liv in danger.

Liv and Henry were cute together, but they didn’t really do a lot of talking. They did more kissing than talking. It was frustrating how Henry didn’t tell Liv anything. That’s now how a relationship is supposed to be.

There were some slow parts in this book, and I
Amelia Oswald
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay. I another easy read. Kinda annoying about Henry at some point of the book when he keeps keeping secrets from Liv. But they have some swoon worthy moments.
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

Well, this is probably one of the biggest disappointments I've had this year. I think the idea of creating a story based on dreams, mysterious and terrifying things is sensational, in fact, that's what caught me in the first book. But sadly, I feel that the author has decided to take another path with her sequel and take the whole plot to a completely different plane, even the characters seemed strange to me. Maybe this change of the plot could be something that you enjoy, but wasn't for me.

description

2.5/
Aarushi
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only read this series about last year but I cannot remember when I actually read it.

I loved this series though; still love it even though it’s such a YA trash paranormal novel.

Maybe I should give this series a reread so I can have a more “evolved” opinion on the book. We’ll see when my tbr gets smaller.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

Okay, so I enjoyed Dream On. There’s something just so compulsively fun about Kerstin Gier’s books that makes me devour them even when the plot is not on point, which tbh it’s generally not. However, there were just a lot of weird things going on in Dream On that distracted me from my usual level of enjoyment.

First, and I think I forgot to address this in my Dream a Little Dream review, but there’s the whole Gossip Girl plot line, which seems a bit hackneyed given, you know, Gossip Girl
William L.
I'm a little bit disappointed, I liked the first book a lot more, but this is still enjoyable.
Full review coming soon
Amy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: german, ya
Gossip Girl meets Inception...and it totally works
I rarely read sequels, but I am glad I made an exception in this case. Dream On was even better than Dream a Little Dream. The characters and plot line were much more believable and the writing was, as ever, charming. F4 finally got some personality. I even started to like Henry!
This book skirts around the smut that usually comes with Book 2 in a series (sigh, I'm talking about you, Through the Zombie Glass) and provides some actual, realistic r
Lauren
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, pub-macmillan
Laura (midorireads)
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
In book 2 of the Silver Trilogy, we are fresh off the the fact that Anabel has been locked up in a psychiatric hospital, and Liv now happens to be dating Henry, a very popular and very good-looking boy from school.

BUT...

And of course there's a 'but'...

BUT, things are slowly beginning to unravel for Liv. Her sister is doing dangerous things while sleep-walking, Henry has become uncomfortably distant, and suddenly her secrets are beginning to show up on the blog of anonymous school blogger, Se
Lucie
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5-4/5

I'm not sure yet of the rating. I love the world Kerstin Gier created, because I'm fascinated by dreams, and it was a little more expanded, even though we still don't know everything, but it took a very interesting turn at the end of this installement. At first, I thought Dream On was a bit of a filler, because the plot took its time before really starting, which I thought was a shame, considering this book is only 300+ pages long. But after that, I couldn't stop reading because the plot
P๏€cɨℓią* ~SLiTsRead
3.5/5

Good but not as good as book 1. I mostly didn't like the development. In particular, Henry disappointed me. Arthur, on the otherhand, became this totally different person. I felt taken aback.

I didn't like how it ended... It's almost like (view spoiler).

I'm also a little bit disappointed that the dream aspect still weren't further explained.

What remains strong was the humor. It reminded me of the Shopah
Rachel
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A 3 STAR read, perhaps a 3.5 if I'm feeling generous.

I feel like this series has a lot of potential: I like the narrator; the surrounding cast of characters are quirky and individual enough to be memorable; there's an interesting plot premise and there's cute private school boys involved (Hello, Raven Boys) - but it's like being constantly stuck on the introduction to a song. You want the verse, the bridge and chorus to crescendo into something and this... never does. It just bobs along: the eq
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Nov 12, 2015 10:15AM

• Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Save You (Maxton Hall, #2)
  • Save Me (Maxton Hall, #1)
  • Save Us (Maxton Hall, #3)
  • Die goldene Brücke (Zeitenzauber, #2)
  • Rubinrot - Das offizielle Buch zum Film
  • Das geheime Vermächtnis des Pan (Pan-Trilogie #1)
  • Erebos (Erebos, #1)
  • Das verborgene Tor (Zeitenzauber, #3)
  • Von Sternen gekrönt (One True Queen, #1)
  • 17 - Das zweite Buch der Erinnerung (Die Bücher der Erinnerung, #2)
  • Tintenherz [1-4]
  • Die dunkle Prophezeiung des Pan (Pan-Trilogie #2)
  • Begin Again (Again, #1)
  • Isola
  • Die Seiten der Welt (Die Seiten der Welt, #1)
  • Truly (In Love #1)
  • Saphirblau - Das offizielle Buch zum Film
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

Silber (3 books)
  • Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume (Silber, #1)
  • Silber: Das dritte Buch der Träume (Silber, #3)

News & Interviews

“Oh, don’t look so morally offended. Don’t forget that if you get up on your high horse it’s a long way to fall.” He looked at his watch. “Do you know how late it is? Time for your next class.”

I lifted my chin. “You’re right there,” I said, trying to sound as icily scornful as possible. “My high horse and I must just go and find a toilet to throw up in first, because this conversation makes us sick to our stomachs.”
5 likes
“ “No acute attacks of guilt and self-hatred?”

“Nope. I’ve taken Mr. Wu’s advice: never mind how hard the times are, he always says, carry a green branch in your heart and a songbird will settle on it.”

“Wow—where on earth does Mr. Wu get all these hoary old sayings from?” ”
4 likes