Start by marking “Traitor (Maelstrom Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Traitor (Maelstrom Chronicles, #2)

Traitor (Maelstrom Chronicles #2)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
He was branded a traitor. And he may be humankind's salvation...

Captain Nikolas EstherVorn is a traitor. Or so it was decreed after Niko disobeyed protocol while trying to save Earth from other-dimensional creatures. Stuck in a prison cell, the last thing he needs is to be in close proximity to sexy-as-sin Dr. Sarah CallenJoseph. Not with him damn near ready break out just
ebook
Published July 28th 2015 by Entangled: Select Otherworld

To ask other readers questions about Traitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Traitor

namericanwordcat
Everything about this book should have me loving it. It has great world building, good action, a nice romance, and Ship as a character.

However, as often happens for me with this author, the tone of the book grates. The villain makes me nuts. The hero reaction to everything that goes on makes me cringe.

It is almost a texture thing. It tastes fine but I don't like the way it feels.

I was given this book for my honest review. So, there you have it.
Rasheedah Prioleau
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Book Review: Traitor
By Jody Wallace

***I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was not my favorite book of the year but it had its moments.

I chose this book basically based on the cover because I thought there would be angels in it… Well there were, but not really. And things go down hill very quickly after I find that out. As the book starts out, Captain Nikolas EstherVorn has a serious problem… well it’s kind of serious since it leads to what in the real wor
Book Gannet
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. It took me a while to get into this book. I didn’t realise it was the second in a series when I started it, and since things start right in the middle of the fallout from the last book it took a while for me to catch up. However, once I did I really started to enjoy this tale. Niko is an honourable, hardworking soldier whose free will has been tampered with big time, while Sarah is stubborn and determined to find out why, even as she pushes Niko almost to breaking point. The pair of t ...more
Eva Millien
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
To investigate is forbidden but Niko and Sarah are in a battle against time and their superiors to uncover the secret that could save humanity…or destroy it in this thrilling sci-fi paranormal romance.

Niko is in enough trouble without having an insane lust for Dr. Sarah CallenJoseph and the readers can’t help but get drawn into the intrigue and excitement of this story as Niko and Sarah uncover multiple layers of subterfuge and betrayal while their lust for each other becomes something deeper an
Linda
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Captain Nikolas EstherVorn is Shipborn; those who are born and bred on Ship. Ships are not just massive airships with Artificial Intelligence but sentient beings with very real personalities & house a whole community on board. Sent to save earth when the planet to threatened by vicious aliens, the mission is also hoping to discover if humans from earth have the solution to address a critical gender imbalance in the Shipborn who are primarily male.

I found the story somewhat confusing in that
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from Entangled Publishing in return for a fair and honest review.

This is a complex and intricate science fiction story with a dash of romance thrown in for good measure. It is the second book in the series although it can be read as a standalone (as I have) and I don't feel that you lose too much by doing so. It also has a considerably large character list for you to keep track of. Traitor is quite a long book so you get a lot of book for your buck.

On the whole, this was an
XxTainaxX
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked! The action, the plot, the characters, the world... all very interesting and well planned. I wanted not to like Niko at first because of the circumstances that brought him into Sarah's professional purview, but soon enough, I understood that it was not within his control. I dig strong female characters so this book really appealed to my preference. The setting was very cool and I'm really looking forward to reading more.
Jody Wallace
Jul 26, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-moi
I wrote this. Sometimes I thought it SUCKED and sometimes I thought it was the Best Book EVAR. But I'm not going to add any stars. That's for readers to do!
Riley
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Last month, Bitten by Romance put on the Tour of the Universe. Jody Wallace’s post about sentient ships really intrigued me. Then I remembered. I have her book! A book where a ship is a major character sounds really fascinating.

So I started reading Traitor. The opening chapter is all about desire and sex. With the Tour of the Universe post in mind, I was kind of disappointed, since it was not what I was looking forward to.

But, with the Tour of the Universe post in mind, I persevered. Even in ch
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
This is truly a fascinating book. Its’ a very complex and amazing story that really has to be read to believe. I am in awe of the intricate web the author wove, starting in book 1 and into book 2, that in the end managed to catch the bad guy and destroy him and disrupt his plans. Thankfully because otherwise we wouldn’t be here (as he was planning to leave Earth to the “demons” and let humanity to be destroyed!)

This book manages to be an adventure, a romance and an engaging Sci-Fi with aliens, v
Elaine
Rating: 4.5/5

I love the books of Anne MacCaffrey, escaping into the wonderful worlds and scenarios which she (and now her son, Todd) created. One of those books was entitled ‘The Ship Who Sang’ and it still is one of my all time favourites (though I don’t think I’ve ever posted a review of it..…yet!) This book is similar in some ways, having a ship controlled by a sentient being, beings interacting with the ship, dangers from attacking enemies and sabotage from within endangering the crew’s live
Nicole Luiken
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf-fantasy, romance, ebook
Strong SF-romance with plenty of action, steam and the author's trademark humour. Book two in a series. Now that the Terrans know the Shipborn aren't angeli, the alliance between them is crumbling and Niko has been falsely labelled a traitor. Niko and Sarah, a doctor, must solve the mystery of the Shipborn's reproductive problems and convince the others not to abandon Terra to the inter-dimensional daemons. I especially enjoyed the AI Ship's enigmatic behavior.
Catherine
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. Imagine Farscape crossed with Battlestar Galactica all wrapped up in a romance novel and this is what you get. Sci-fi romances are one of my favorite genres and this is one of the best in it's genre that I've read in a while.
Samantha Brody
Not terrible but nothing to write home about? There were some aspects of the plot I found really interesting, but I think, overall, the entire set up was a bit too out there & convoluted for me.
Calm Your Pits
Aug 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF
Demelza
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
An entertaining follow-up to the first book - Angeli.
Kat
Melody Hillier
Aug 23, 2016
Haddie Harper
Sep 05, 2016
Jody Wallace writes paranormal romance under her own name, a few erotic romances as Ellie Marvel, and whatever the cat wants the rest of the time. She currently resides in middle Tennessee with her family.
More about Jody Wallace...

Maelstrom Chronicles (3 books)
  • Angeli (Maelstrom Chronicles, #1)
  • Prodigal