Start by marking “An Old-Fashioned Murder: A Moonshine Mystery (Moonshine Mystery Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
An Old-Fashioned Murder: A Moonshine Mystery (Moonshine Mystery Series, #3)

An Old-Fashioned Murder: A Moonshine Mystery

(Moonshine Mystery #3)

Secrets, lies, and a splash of moonshine: a classic country house whodunit with a distinctly Southern twist.

After losing her husband and her home, small-town girl Daisy McGovern moves in with her invalid mother at an old inn in sleepy southwestern Virginia. When the inn's eccentric proprietor, Aunt Emily, decides to throw a weekend party for a small group of friends and ne
Published May 3rd 2016 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about An Old-Fashioned Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Old-Fashioned Murder

Kate Potter
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eccentric characters in a back-woods Virginia setting. Fun.
Nancy
KyBunnies
I do not know if there will be any additional books in this series. This book was a whole lot better than the first books in the series. I would like to see more about Rick if there are any future series. I do wonder why the author gave Daisy a character she could love (view spoiler).

Readers can tell the author has grown and evolved in her writing if they have read the first or second book.
Alma Lu
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all her books!
Erin Stoddard
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
best book in the series so far. The storyline and plot are an improvement from the previous books in the series.
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

An Old-Fashioned Murder is the third outing in Carol Miller's Moonshine Mystery series starring baker turned amateur sleuth Daisy McGovern. In this latest release, a surprise blizzard strands Daisy and a motley assortment of guests at the Tosh Inn where tensions mount as she and bat conservationist/love interest Drew Alcott investigate the death of one of the visitors.

Daisy is happy to assist her honorary Aunt Emily host the grand reopening of the Tosh Inn following repairs on the beau
Andrea Stoeckel
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[ I received this book free from the publisher through NetGalley. I thank them for their generousity. In exchange, I was simply asked to write an honest review, and post it. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising]

“I told you not to do anything,” he rebuked her gruffly. “I told you to wait.”“Well, you should know by now that I rarely
Adrienne
May 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

AN OLD-FASHIONED MURDER
---------------------------------
Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that you have a grandmother who is obsessed with Victorian houses and antique furniture. Now, you love your imaginary grandma--you really do. But, you can only take so much talk of settees and old houses before you are ready to kiss her on the cheek and call it a day.

That is how I would describe my experience with this book. I love these characters, but the story waxed slow and tedious at times.

For ex
Sandra
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aunt Emily's inn is about to host a weekend house party for a few friends and neighbors to celebrate remodeled rooms and new furniture. Tipsy antique furniture, unwanted guests, a raging blizzard, and a body turn the pleasant weekend into a locked room mystery with moonshine and southern hospitality to lighten the tragedy. Daisy McGovern, one of the inn's longtime residents, has too many suspects, too many questions, and very few allies in the search for a possible killer. Rick and Beulah are st ...more
Jessica
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Well this book is my favorite of the three. I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. I love the whole whodunit scenario and it was well played in this book.....I guessed wrong! Shew! That was hard to admit, lol. I really want Daisy and Rick to get together, they're killing me slowly, haha! In all honesty, I think i have a crush on Rick! *gasps loudly* I can't believe I said that, lol.
I got the first book in this series at my local library. It's kinda based around Appalachia and that's close
Susan
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: murder-virginia
I've been enjoying this series, and Miller's come through again. Bakery owner and deserted wife Daisy McGovern and her ailing mother live in Aunt Emily's inn, with friend Beulah and whatever tourists are in the area. A winter party, which includes Daisy's new beau and her missing husband's cousins, is stranded by a blizzard, and one of the party is dead in what everyone is sure isn't an accident. No-one, law or otherwise, can reach them, and many of their number are behaving oddly. After the pow ...more
Beth
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. Characters were good, pace was good, the mystery was tight. I like the local place names popping up (I'm in the county over from where it was "set"). The only thing that was a little weird was some British phrases popping up here and there (like a redneck fellow calling someone "chap", the use of "Ducky" and "Luv" as terms of endearment, and this constant thing with tea). Despite the oddness of it, or maybe I liked that too, I really enjoyed this one and will actively ...more
Mattie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
This must be the dullest whodunit or closed circle mystery I've read. The book is mostly about creaky Victorian house, and about 60 pages on the actual mystery. If you have trouble finishing it but must know the who did it, just read the last 50 pages and be done with it.
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, fun "who done it". Read my review at http://pennyformythoughts-nona.blogsp...
Carina
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this author.
Yvonna
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, series
Think Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians" set in the American South with Southern secrets, prejudices, pride, eccentricities, and moonshine during a freak blizzard!
Chris Conley
This series is full of surprises. This entry is much like a familiar cozy and then, zing, a very clever twist.
Shirley Anne Cooley
Aug 27, 2018
Bea
Jul 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Moonshine Mystery (3 books)
  • Murder and Moonshine (Moonshine Mystery, #1)
  • A Nip of Murder (Moonshine Mystery Series, #2)