Start by marking “Shield (Spark, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shield (Spark, #3)

Shield

(Spark #3)

"This is the Affinity Project - where freewill is turned to ash."
Evie is out of options. She must comply with the Affinity Project – obey their rules, play their deadly games, give up Jamie. And her losses keep growing...

When she decides to help a small group of Shields trying to affect change, Evie finds herself in the firing line. Counsellor Knox is intent on revealing
Published September 1st 2016 by Walker Books Australia

To ask other readers questions about Shield, please sign up.
Guy Comes out in September, and I completely agree! Rachael is an amazing writer of an AMAZING book series!

September.... so... far... away...

Rachael
May 22, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I have read this, actually.
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The final instalment in the Spark Trilogy is absolutely breathtaking. Rachael Craw is an exquisite storyteller, creating an intelligent and intricate narrative that will captivate and consume readers until the final page.

Evie is an intense and fiercely devoted heroine, a girl who has survived The Infinity Project and now returning to the compound where change in policy is fermenting, a potential cure for the Stray mutation is on the horizon. This time Evie is unsure of who to trust.

Evie is a for
Ella
Oct 17, 2015 marked it as to-read
Blue cover + Red cover = ...PURPLE COVER! If the cover isn't purple, I will eat my socks. And if there is the slightest possibility SHIELD's cover isn't purple (which it obviously is since I just bet eating my socks on it but I'm just saying) then I bet it's YELLOW. Or green. Hey, it might be green! BUT I'M BETTING IT'LL BE PURPLE BECAUSE MY BOOKWORM SENSES ARE TELLING ME SO.

What I'm expecting from SHIELD:

1.) Lots of kissing! Because a book that doesn't have kissing in it, isn't a book by Rachae
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

You know when you’re struggling towards a goal, but endless roadblocks are thrown in the way? That has been Evie’s journey throughout the Spark series.

The biggest blockades to her living the life she wants, are the people who make up the Affinity Project. Being a genetically enhanced weapon, Evie is constantly pulled from pillar to post. Everyone acts like they have a say in what she wants to do and who she wants to be, and
Emily Mead
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
BUT WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END????????
Lily

What a freaking phenomenal finale. Oh. My. Rowling.

I am in SHOCK.

This book was absolutely AMAZING.

Epic. Awesome. Fast-paced and explosive. Heartstopping and mind-blowing. Adrenaline-filled and action packed. Totally badass and totally captivating.

Dark. Dangerous. Sexy.

Is that enough adjectives to describe this awesome series yet?

Shield is absolutely everything you could ask for in a book and everything I had hoped for to round out this fantastic trilogy. I feel confident in saying #sparkarmy f
Guy
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. *FORCES IT AT CAT*
Recommended to Guy by: Natasha
Shelves: favorites
MY MIND HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY BLOWN. MOVE OVER MRS MAAS, MRS COLLINS, BECAUSE RACHAEL CRAW IS IN THE HOUSE.

I don't think I can ever look at another book the same again. MRS CRAW HAS SET THE BAR TOO HIGH. The second half of the book has officially blown my mind.

Me at 90%:

description

Fight scenes:

description

Things I absolutely adored in Shield:
- I loved learning more about Affinity's politics.
- Seeing Evie's character as well as her relationship with Ethan develop.
- I really badly wanted to hate Juno but I couldn't help
Jananee (headinherbooks)
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
For more reviews, check out my blog --> www.headinherbooks.wordpress.com

The Rating: 4.5 / 5 Stars

Shield was one of the strongest conclusions to a trilogy that I have ever read - an emotional and thrilling end to an already brilliant series. The great thing about these books is that they read very much like a movie, there isn't a dull moment in them and because of that, they make great binge read material. Which is me trying to justify that I read both Stray and Shield over the span of 24
Angela
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so impressed with this author's debut, thrilled when the sequel proved so strong, but now -- oh -- now I can scarcely believe this entire tale was a beginning for Craw since the final installment bears no marks of inexperience -- how she has honed her writing! For those awaiting Book 3's release in two short weeks, assured be, your pre-order money is well-spent; you will not be disappointed. I chomped through the pages and came away impressed and satisfied;

*Reviewing the online glossary f
Anika
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cat90210
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buy
Sophie
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sheild By Rachael Craw!

Rating: FIVE FLIPPIN THOUSAND MILLION TRILLION STARS,CANDIES AND DONUTS!

THE BOOK TREE IS COMPLETED AND BEAUTIFUL!

THE COVER IS PERFECT

AND THE BOOK SMELLS WONDERFUL

Brace yourselves for this book

You need to prepare

If you thought Stray wrecked you be prepared for another book load of feels. This book made me lothe and love the characters, it stressed me out man! It kept me up to 11! It made me cry and squeal and hold my breath in anticipation.

It kicks off a couple months after
Steph Cuthbert
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am totally shattered. I think all my emotions have poured out of my eyes and streamed out of my nose. I don't even know how I feel.

Shield was, I think, much darker than the other books. There was a sense of desperation and urgency and defeat and- surprisingly- hope to the story that I wasn't prepared for.

It was action-packed, with vivid imagery, and graphic detail that was like falling into the book or experiencing KMT.

My favourite scenes were the ones with Ethan and Evie. My heart was so ful
Lexi // libraryoflexi
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I sob hysterically in a corner for the next 14 years. I don't want it to be over! What an amazing and unique series! I loved every page turning second of it - the heart break, the joy, the tears, Jamie :P
It was everything!
I just need some time to recover from the last half of the book.
You are absolutely epic Rachael and for being so friendly with your devoted Spark Army! It's just awesome :D
Sam
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This review consists of affirmative statements.*
YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS! YES YES YES! AWESOME~!
Eugenia (Genie In A Book)
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-release
*This review also appears on my blog Genie In A Book*

Thank you to Walker Books Australia for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Rachael Craw sure knows how to end a series with a bang! There's a bittersweet feeling which came with turning the final pages of this book, but I was left as impressed as I have been since the trilogy began.

In this high-octane page-turner, Evie is once again up against the Affinity Project, and in closer proximity than ever before. Wi
Monique Taylor
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wowowowowow the emotions are real. I looove the characters and whole plot of this series so much, it's unique, fascinating and so hard to put down. There is so much action and it's so unpredictable!! Plot twists everywhere and awesome writing to really let you envision everything you're reading. I'm so happy with how this book progressed and ultimately ended. Phenomenal, seriously. A thousand and one hugs for Rachael Craw.
Phillip Simpson
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a little in awe of Mrs Craw. She blasted onto the literary scene with Spark, hit us in the guts with Stray and now here comes Shield. Shield is only her third novel but it’s such an accomplished one, you’d think she’d been doing this for 15 years. Like me. Except she’s better than me.
Full disclaimer: Mrs Craw and I are writing buddies. We occasionally have writing races on Twitter (mostly when I was writing full-time last year) and we’ve swapped books and mindless trivia. We share many thin
Amanda
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The spine tree is complete and it’s beautiful!

It’s been a long journey from being introduced to Evie’s world after getting my copy of Spark from the only Goodreads giveaway I’ve ever won to now having just finished Shield, and oh boy what a journey it’s been! From the point of closing the cover on Stray almost a year ago to holding Shield in my hands for the first time the excitement has been steadily building. My excitement had built to the point that I was worried that it wouldn’t live up to t
Naomi
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have
I can't believe Evie's story is finally at an end!!!!!!
I want to scream, I want to cry, I want to rejoice, I want another book!!!!!
From the first chapter of the first book, I was hooked. I fell in love with the whole story!! I don't want it to end, I don't want to stop reading about Evie and Jamie, or Miriam and Ethan or Kitty or Davis or Helena!!!! I just don't!!!
But the whole idea of DNA being something else, something that has love, lies, loss and more love lurking around every corner, just m
Ebonny
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: long-anticipated
F**k! My mind is in smithereens. I don't usually write reviews or post comments (mostly for the sake of accidental spoilers and my inability to form coherent thoughts after a book bender) but holy frick frack! Coherent or not, that was a roller coaster ride of emotions and I am in awe. I cannot emphasise enough how much I loved the growth of Evie's character throughout this series, especially in Shield. It got better with every book and Shield just wrecked me in the best way (did that sound dirt ...more
Lulai
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad to say goodbye to this universe, I love Evie and every characters. I was surprise to see how much she suffered in this book I was hoping for a bit of peace but the poor girl she has no luck.
It was an actionpack, full of feeling ending and I enjoy every single page
Emma Abrahams
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fine ending to a wonderful series. Exhilarating to the last page.
Megan Perrott
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING ending.
Realistic AND satisfying but I still wish there was going to be another one
Cassie
That. Was. Insane.

Rachael Craw, you evil-bloody-genius.
Ema024
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kristy (Book Nerd Reviews)
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review contains does not really contain spoilers for previous books in the series.

The finale of this amazingly unique series was certainly one of my most anticipated of 2016 – for me this is a series of shallowness and depth – and I was dying to delve into both!

Let me start by explaining the shallowness. I am happy to admit that I am rather superficial when it comes to this series, and the fault lies in equal parts to the publisher, the author and me. The first of the shallowness is the cov
Becky Johnson
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!!!

This series, this book, this ending, these characters...I am honestly so full of happiness to have been on such an amazing ride.

Rachael’s writing with each book just got better and better. The way she found ways to keep shocking you with twists and turns was truly incredible and inspires me as a writer.

I have fallen so in love with each of these characters and am so sad to close the book for the last time. I really would like to see them in another novel (hint hint).

I felt this bo
Faith
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully fast paced and engaging, Shield made an excellent conclusion to this trilogy. I was happily surprised by the amazing mental health representation, and I strongly connected with the claustrophobia scenes. Highly recommend!
Maya
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
I've never been so emo about finishing a book. Absolutely loved these books and the way they're written! I see there's some other short story spin offs so I'm definitely adding those to my to-read folder :)
The Spark Army: Shield Cover Reveal!!! 9 16 Apr 10, 2019 06:32AM
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • Jane Doe and the Cradle of All Worlds (Jane Doe Chronicles #1)
  • The Road to Winter (Winter, #1)
  • Found
  • Waer
  • The Fall
  • Alexander Altmann A10567
  • Admission (Pandora Jones, #1)
  • The Undercurrent
  • Small Spaces
  • Between Us
  • Jinxed (Book 1)
  • Inbetween Days
Rachael is a reader, dreamer, joker, singer, believer, writer and lover of words.

Author of award winning #Spark, #Stray & #Shield available in AU & NZ, published by Walker Books Australia. #TheRift is set for release in Nov 2018

She lives in NZ and teaches part time while writing her next novel.

#Griffindor