Start by marking “A Fortunate Blizzard” as Want to Read:
A Fortunate Blizzard

A Fortunate Blizzard

There are worse things than being stranded in a blizzard.

Artist Trevor Morrison has always appreciated the little things in life, treating each day as a gift. And with good reason: he’s been on the transplant-recipient list for too long now. When he learns just how numbered his days truly are, he resolves not to take them for granted. But he won’t be unrealistic, either—wh
Published November 2nd 2015 by Riptide Publishing (first published August 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Fortunate Blizzard, please sign up.
Vinifera
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
A Fortunate Blizzard is set at Christmas time, so it's PERFECT for the holidays.

I read it in August, so clearly I'm going to have to reread in December. And that's not a chore, believe me.

I freaking loved everything about this book. It's like it was written for me.

Romance? Oh, YES. There are so many sweet kisses, soft caresses, passionate glances. The chemistry between Trevor and Marc is palpable.

Love at first sight? INDEED.

If you are allergic to insta love, move on. This is insta love at i
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
An excellent story by L.C. Chase, my favorite story by her to date! If you are looking for a hopeful, sweet, uber-romantic holiday story, you've come to the right place.

Trevor has just received news that his dialysis treatments aren't working well anymore, and that his prognosis is very grim. Marc is a workaholic with no friends and no social life. Both men are not in the correct mindset for a serious relationship, but that's okay because, as we all know, holiday snowstorms breed love and magic
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

What a wonderful Christmas story this turned out to be! This story like most of the Christmas stories was sweet, hopeful, a magical tale about family, friends, love and second chances. If I could choose one word to describe this read, it would be romantic and it definitely was one of the sweetest m/m novel I have read so far. “A Fortunate Blizzard” tells the story of Trevor and Marcus, two men who find hope and love in each other when neither of them expected.

Trevor Morrison had been on
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This could have been heavy and depressing. Instead it was heartwarming and hopeful.

Two people who meet under unlikely circumstances.

One on borrowed time. One not even really living.

One would give anything to save the other. One would give anything to be saved.

It was a fortunate blizzard indeed!

LOVE WINS

ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Exina
To make it short: it’s a MUST read.

Trevor Morrison is dying. He has end-stage kidney disease and has been waiting for a transplant for seven years. Because of his rare blood type the chances to find a transplant are extremely thin. If a transplant doesn’t come through in a couple of months, he has less than a year left.

This kidney disease is really original. I mean sometimes it seems fictional death is only by cancer or by a car accident.

Trevor lost hope and he is exhausted, still, he is such
Gigi
So, so, so, so good!! 5 glorious stars for my joyful heart. Just perfection.
Nazanin
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, m-m
3.75 Stars

Trevor is an artist, thirty-nine and for seven years he had been trying to keep hope alive. There is a decision between bad and worse he has to make, a decision he had tried for years to ignore. But now ignoring it and pretending everything’s fine, is inevitable.

Christmas isn't a good time for Marc, it reminds him that he isn't a good enough man in his family’s eyes. So all of his focus is on his work till the holidays passes. He workes for a law firm as a lawyer. He sacrifices everyth
Karen
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-mm
I honestly thought I was prepared for this book...nope not even close. Somewhere around the point where Marcus admits to Trevor that he wants there to be more between them than just a simple hook-up and I started crying and there was no turning the waterworks off no matter how hard I tried. I don't remember the last time a book hit me this hard and tied me into knots emotionally. I'm not even sure the time I wanted an HEA so desperately for a couple.

Trevor and Marcus were two pieces of a puzzle
Simone
***4.5 Stars***

God, this book hit me right in the feels... And Nick J. Russo nailed it with his narration! It hurt *dammit*, but it did hurt soooooo good!!!

***Christelle!!!!! *whines* Why do you do this to me???? Oh wait, I know why... You know me so well. LOL. It was just what I needed. Thank you so much for this amazing gift!❤***
Adam

Ah yes, just how I like my holiday reads - chock-full of heartwrenching angst.
description

Seriously though, this was the perfect Christmas romance.

I loved the set-up. As much as I complain about snow during the winter, I can't deny that I find snow storms to be almost magical. So it seemed right that Trevor and Marc would meet in the middle of a total whiteout. Add in the holiday charm, including decorating Christmas trees and cooking a large dinner, and I was hooked.

But make no mistake, this isn't
.Lili.
 photo image.jpg1_zps2mnlpkcn.jpg

What a great holiday story y'all!

photo tumblr_lxxgyyEih31r5xzspo1_500_zpsf6c7200d.gif

It had so many feels! We have two men who meet by chance after getting stranded in a storm. What started as one-time rendevouz quickly grew to more. These two men helped each other heal both physically and spiritually.

What I loved:
*Trevor & Marc. Together and individually. LC Chase did an outstanding job developing their characters and relationship. Although the story is insta-lovish: the author made me believe it.
*Great story flow- I read it in one sittin
☆ Todd
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it

This one wasn't on my Top 10 of 2015 list, but it was very close.

Although, if I'm being 100% up front, the story is straight-up insta-love, yet somehow it just worked for me this time, which very rarely happens.

But what happens when you meet 'the one' on the very same day that you're told you have less than a year to live? Aaah, yes, therein lies the rub here.

I really enjoyed all of the feels and sheer longing in this story.

Trevor longing to be with Marc, but realizing what the toll on Marc wou
Lyn
Audio - 5 stars
Story - 3.5 too heavy of a story for the holidays stars

OMG!! This story was a major tearjerker. Definitely not what I'm looking for in my holiday reads.
Otila
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
For most of this book, I felt like rolling my eyes. I thought it was sappy and OTT.

Then I remembered that it's a Christmas story and that I'm not completely dead inside. So instead of sappy, I'll say it was sweet. And dammit, it may have made me sniffle.

Dalia
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
There are few things in life as transcendent as that one perfectly random connection with another human being that has power to change the course of one's life.
Sweet holiday read with feelings and a lovely HEA. Loved it!
Ele
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

I cried during a sex scene. This is a first, I can't recall having a similar reaction to smoking hot sex before. But then again, I sobbed my way through most parts of this story, so....

This was a solid 5 star read up until 68%. Do I believe in insta-lust? Definately, I 've been there. Do I believe in heated first eye contact and instant connection? Absolutely. Do I believe in insta-love? Ah....that's a tough one. I don't understand it but I won't say no because people say it's happened to them.
Rag
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-story
5 'Trevormartic' Stars

photo image_zps9il7aacs.jpg

This book was not what I expected at all. I first "discovered" this book by reading my friend's review, Ariana( Hey babe.) I read her review and feel in love with the book and the review. After reading her review, I knew that I'm gonna love this book.

Broken hero/heroine- Check
Sick hero/heroine- Check
Short story- Check
Lust at first sight- Check
Passion than love- Check

I could go on and on but the list is too long and I have other BBF to whore around with. But what I did not
Bev
*** Fabulous narration from Mr Russo...yet again, although I did pick up some minor errors!! Yes, I cried (sap) and he almost sounded teared up himself. All the stars!! ***

Tears and ugly crying indeed. This insta-love story certainly had me reaching for the tissue box. The visual imagery with the snow, the trees and the two men cut off and adrift, caught by the blizzard and just...connecting. 4.5 gooey stars from me.

Trevor, an artist who was suffering from increasing kidney failure, had more or
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
For the most part I think Christmas is a retail driven hoax that's meant to make a debtor of us all. That the true meaning of Christmas has been lost in a flurry of Black Friday sales circulars and Cyber Monday emails. But every once in a while I remember what it was like as a kid, how magical I thought it was, how excited I used to get and that Christmas when my parents delivered my own Christmas miracle in the form of my first dog waking me Christmas morning licking my face.

When I remember th
R * A Reader Obsessed *
I'm adding nothing new to the accolades regarding this Christmas novella.

Both Trevor and Marc's dreams are derailed by circumstance. Trevor's path is out of his control, as he tries to keep a brave and strong front despite devastating odds. Marc's situation is of his own making, not truly living by striving towards a standard he'll never achieve.

Thankfully "snowmaggedon" makes an appearance, pushing these two together with very, very nice results. It sets up perfectly the miracle of being each o
Kade Boehme
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LC Chase writes such sweet, romantic stories. This one was that and had the nice holiday theme. But the story itself, the desperation of the situation, the momentary loss... So well done and so so happy for the HEA.
Susan
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

Few things I love more than a tug-at-your-heartstrings holiday story and a stranded-by-a-blizzard romance. The combination of the 2 is a surefire win for me.

I adored this.

I immediately fell in love with both Trevor and Marcus. They both start at such a lonely and SAD (oh, so sad) place in life. Trevor finds out that he has limited time left due to failing kidneys. And Marcus is a workaholic who is to this day trying to please the mother who kicked him out for being gay. From the get-go, I was an
Christelle
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars well deserved.

It took me a long time before reading this book, as I thought it would be too heavy and depressing. It’s a shame : it’s such a hot and bittersweet romance.

See, Trevor has been blessed with a loving family and is a successful artist and he is grateful for that. However, at almost 40, he’s dying : he had been waiting for a long time for a much needed transplant, but his kidney is failing him. Only a few more months to live.
He plans to fly to his family’s home for this last Ch
Ami
For a story that opened with one of the main characters getting the dreadful news that he basically had less than a year to live, I found A Fortunate Blizzard pretty much balanced between the happy (and hopeful) and the angst.

I immediately loved both Trevor and Marcus -- I thought they were very good for one another. The chance meeting of how they met and how they continued with intimate moments during the blizzard were perfect for holiday read. I knew that this would end happily, despite the b
Vanessa North
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I sobbed my way through this one--beautiful story. Definitely recommended!
Thank you, Jewel, for the gift! <3
Catherine
This was pretty much the epitome of what a Christmas story should be. Two great characters, a compelling story, a bucket of tears, and a truly awesome HEA.
MLE
Aug 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mm-to-read
denied

rejected

shot down

description

Guess I'll just have to wait patiently like the mature and reasonable adult I am.

Meags
5 "heart-achingly beautiful" Stars

I absolutely adored this story. I'd add a proper review if I wasn't so emotionally compromised.
Melissa
THIS is how you do an Insta love story. I loved these guys from the start. And the ending! I got emotional. ME! Emotional. About what was supposed to be a fluff story. How did that happen?!

Trevor is sick and on the verge of refusing dialysis treatment. He has been on the transplant list for years and soon won't be eligible for a transplant and he doesn't want his last days on earth to be one of suffering. But, he doesn't have to make a decision right now and in the mix of this he meets Marc, a f
Sara

I have a secret, or not if you know me. I am a sucker for Christmas and holiday stories. I have always loved the magic of the season. The chance of hope, of new beginnings and of a romance as pure as snow that warms your heart. Warms your heart and sets your knickers on fire is also a plus. And this, well it does both… though I read it during a triple digit heat wave smack in the middle of the Mojave Desert. This still gave me the cool and cozy feeling of a holiday read.

When I read the blurb I
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Winter Wonderland (Minnesota Christmas, #3)
  • The Winter Spirit
  • Winter Oranges
  • Gaudete
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Magic & Mistletoe
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • If Only in My Dreams
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Something to Believe In
  • Dear Ruth (2017 Advent Calendar Daily - Stocking Stuffers)
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
  • Champagne Kisses
  • The Holiday Hoax
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales, #1)
Cover artist by day, author by night, L.C. Chase is a hopeless romantic, free spirit, and adventure seeker who loves hitting the open road just to see where it takes her. When not road tripping or writing about beautiful men falling love, she can be found designing book covers featuring said beautiful men, drawing, horseback riding, or hiking the trails with her goofy four-legged buddy.
L.C. is a
“If the heart that matches the beat of your own comes in the body of a man, so be it. Doesn't change anything. You're the same man you were yesterday. Better, even.” 2 likes
“Everyone else was out looking for his or her
prince, and here he was searching for the prince’s kidney.”
1 likes