Start by marking “Your Idea Starts Here: 77 Mind-Expanding Ways to Unleash Your Creativity” as Want to Read:
Your Idea Starts Here: 77 Mind-Expanding Ways to Unleash Your Creativity

Your Idea Starts Here: 77 Mind-Expanding Ways to Unleash Your Creativity

2016 Silver Nautilus Award Winner for Creative Process

With change happening faster and faster in our tech-ruled world, being able to think creatively, flexibly, and quickly is more important than ever. In Your Idea Starts Here, graphic designer Carolyn Eckert offers 77 specific questions, techniques, and exercises — cleverly combined with fascinating infographics and other v
Published May 17th 2016 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Your Idea Starts Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Idea Starts Here

Start your review of Your Idea Starts Here: 77 Mind-Expanding Ways to Unleash Your Creativity
M. Gaffney
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun and a great read for inspiration.
Anne B
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ideas. I love them! I love sitting down and taking ten minutes to write out plans to some project I'd like to do or an event I'd like to plan. Writing down my idea energizes me. But over the years, I've come to realize that many of my ideas get to remain just ideas--at least for a while. There simply isn't enough hours in the day to pursue all of my ideas. Even so, I love to brainstorm and my mind is often spinning.

As a result, I smiled like I was opening up a Christmas present when
Soudha
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read-books
If you enjoy creative ventures or are just looking for inspiration to get more creative, you need this book in your life. The simple, to the point style of the book means you can get a lot from it from both a flip through and a deeper reading. As a blogger, artist or content creator, this book will really speak to you. Even after you're done with it, you will probably find yourself reaching for it again for a quick flip through whenever you're in need of some inspiration. I highly recommend it!
Katelyn Bolds
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This brilliant collection of colors, circles, and quotes is sure to boost your creativity. Pick up and read in one sitting or reference it when you need a new idea!
Ariadna73
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
75 Ways to Find and Build More Creative Ideas

This is a wonderful book for a Christmas gift. It is full of beautiful diagrams and short tidbits to get your mind flowing. I highly recommend having it nearby for those days when you don't know where to start.

This is the cover of the book I read. It is a large, flat, hardcover, colorful book full of beautiful imagery:

Here is the editorial i
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked it. Yea, this has all been said elsewhere before, but this book is the kind of brief reminder artfully presented that you can turn to again and again for a brain jog. I somehow want to scatter all this art and inspiration around my life so I will suddenly encounter it all the time. I loved how it seemed so universally applicable, I feel inspired about art, and my novel, and that problem at work, and about my workout, and that new project I want to take on, and... well you get the ...more
Kay
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is targeted for those who learn best visually with images and pictures rather than simply text describing how to be creative. This means it's a quick read with 77 ideas introduced and heavily illustrated in this rather small book. I learned about this book from a recent issue of Family Circle, which I've found to have solid book recommendations from time to time. This particular book reads more like an expanded magazine article to me. For me, it was a fairly quick flip through but didn ...more
Mark
This book is (probably) better than I think; it was just pushing some comfort/interest zones for me as in I *want* to be more creative, I just don't want to put lots of work into how to be(come) more creative.

I put this under wander as it is an intellectual wander for me.
Crowkingmama
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I checked this out from library but would be a great book to have hanging around in your own library. It is a collection of 2-3 sentence suggestions for getting the creative thoughts flowing.
Anisha
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-book-list
This was a creative read. Lots of cool ideas, pictures and art from around the world. It was a joy to flip through the pages.
Haylee
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Visually appealing and packed full of things to try to foster creativity...useful for individual projects and group projects, both for fun and for work.
Nilendu Misra
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Worth it for the windshield wiper anecdote alone.
Am Y
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful read for any artistic or imaginative mind craving inspiration in the form of brain candy and eye candy all at the same time.

For every creative idea listed, there is at least one accompanying picture (usually an art piece - the "eye candy"), and one example of how this idea helped a famous person invent or improve on something (a true story or scientific fact - the "brain candy").

If you feel like you really need something to get your creative juices flowing, this book will stimulat
Petra
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carolyn Eckert's Your Idea Starts Here: 75 Ways to Find and Build More Creative Ideas might sound like something you've seen before, but it's not. The visual design of the book inspires creativity. A great way to activate both sides of your brain while reading some practical advice. There are plenty of books that aspire to help inspire, jump start, organize, and develop your ideas, but none other is so delicious to the eyes.
Robin
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a must-add to the collection, whether it's your public or personal library. I felt so inspired by the words and images in this book. Because I had the digital galley on a computer at work, I was able to share it with other staffers whom I thought would also get a kick out of it.
Bradley
Oct 24, 2016 added it
Shelves: year-2016
Was feeling a little creatively blocked so I picked this book up to help unblock myself.
Danielle Mccoy
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Nothing new in here. Or at least nothing I didn't already know. Now I just have to actually act on the ways.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: creativity
Need ways to come up with ideas? Here's a great place to start. Seventy-five ideas. With illustrations.
Karen
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
There are some interesting suggestions in this small book. Certainly worth borrowing from the library.
Benoit
Feb 26, 2016
Graydon Panzica
Sep 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Pandemic (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #11)
  • Maggie: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #3)
  • Amalia: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #4)
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
  • The Little Book of Tidying: Declutter your home and your life
  • Carnival Row: Tangle in the Dark
  • Chase the Lion: If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It's Too Small
  • M Is for Magic
  • DROPKICKromance
  • This One is Mine
  • Alien Virus Love Disaster
  • Rising Water: The Story of the Thai Cave Rescue
  • More Than a Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #1)
  • 7 Days of Christmas: A Season of Generosity
  • Ducky: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #5)
  • Sunny: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #6)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »