Start by marking “Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume” as Want to Read:
Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume

Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume

In his first book, mindbodygreen founder Jason Wachob, redefines successful living and offers readers a new life currency to build on, one that is steeped in wellbeing…Wellth.

“Many of us aren’t satisfied with just trying to accumulate the most money and toys. The good life is no longer just about the material—instead, it can be found in a lifestyle that is devoted to menta
Published March 1st 2016 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about Wellth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wellth

Monica Kim: Reader in Emerald City
I started writing review for this book last night, but I had to take a step back before I write something I might regret it later. I always want to be respectful of author’s effort and time in writing a book, but I have to be brutally honest with this one. As the founder & CEO of one of the world’s leading website on health, happiness, and wellness (one of my favorite websites), you’ll think this would be a mind-blowing book with eye-opening, unique revelations, this was one the most uninspi ...more
Amber
May 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
Gosh. There's one thing I know for sure: hearing the life story of a privileged, upper middle class white male who used to work on Wall Street is about as inspiring as seeing a homeless person piss themselves in the middle of the street. This guy included these gems about himself:
1.he and his jock friends stole keys to classrooms in high school and cheated on multiple tests (basically cheated his way through high school)
2.he made $180,000 in one month at his job on Wall Street then complained he
Shavon
Mar 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I had 2 overriding thoughts as I read Wellth.
1. The “wellth” concept of integrating your personal and professional lives makes perfect sense to me. It is how I live my life.
2. The author has had so many chances in life. He was forgiven for his youthful indiscretions including brushes with the law and poor grades. Sure, he had to struggle and work hard to build the mindbodygreen brand, but I believe that if he had been the “wrong” type of person, doors would have remained closed. He would have
Caiti S
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it
A fairly typical self-help book from the founder of the website MindBodyGreen encouraging people to pursue different areas of "wellth"—in regards to health, career, relationships, exploring the world, connecting with nature, etc.—instead of chasing monetary wealth and other standard markers for success that will likely not truly fulfill us. It was fine, but certainly not revolutionary nor particularly memorable. Wachob takes concepts that are common staples in the health and wellness world and j ...more
Lenissa Davis
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Hmm. For the most part I liked a few things in this book, while I could care less about most parts in this book. Wow that came off mean; I don't mean for it to come off that way. For me, I liked the last pages of each chapter. While I know the authors story is important and how he learned from his mistakes and such. I found it a little boring and would find myself skimming some parts until a sentence captured my attention.

I received this book from Blogging For Books for an honest review.
Hanah
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was inspiring! I loved how the author emphasized experiences more than careers, and how a "wealthy" life is a life of new experiences and people and positive thought instead of "wealthy" in the sense as we've known it--lots and lots of money. He doesn't necessarily demonize money, but emphasizes that it's not the most important thing, and I greatly appreciate that.
Cheryl
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Many things resonated with me. The last paragraph of the book sums it all up.

"Eat. Move. Work. Believe. Explore. Breathe. Feel. Love. Heal. Thank. Ground. Live. And last but not least - Laugh. Because after all, if we can't find humor in this zigzagging journey called life, then what are we here for? "
Shazul
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
'Wellth' is your typical self-help book that in simple words encourages people to pursue different areas of "wellth"—in regards to health, career, relationships, exploring the world, connecting with nature, etc.—instead of chasing monetary wealth and other standard markers for success that will likely not truly fulfill us. So this book will not offer anything new. But emphasis on ideas that you can easily get online. As one says, 'It was fine, but certainly not revolutionary nor particularly mem ...more
Vivian Choi
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Life. Love. Loss. Gratitude. Well-being. Wellth.

If you want to increase your wellth more than your wealth, this is the book for you. Wachob gives you 13 themes to think about; words of wisdom to help you find yourself without putting yourself down, comparing you to others and injecting gratitude to your everyday tasks at hand.

A wonderful book indeed. Worth every page.
Wayne McCoy
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
'Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume' by mindbodygreen founder Jason Wachob is a self-help book.

The author talks about his life and how he came to make life choices. He talks about how wealth isn't nearly as important as well-being. The reader is encouraged to build a healthy life that includes gratitude and mindfulness.

I've read a number of these type of books. This one feels a lot more autobiographical than others. I learned that the author was an athlete and had a good paying
Joyce Wheeler
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite a few of the chapters in the book I already had some knowledge on, but I still found some things helpful. To the novice its a great book of basics and universal truths, but even to the advanced there is some type of takeaway. I spent a great deal more effort on the chapter regarding work since it is something I have been contemplating a lot lately. It asked a lot of poignant questions to start working on self and future career paths, and then the importance of your top 5 people and their i ...more
Nyssa
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was pretty disappointed with this one. Maybe I've just been reading such great, inspirational books lately, I've been spending too much time editing, or I just can't relate to this author, but this just wasn't up to par. I like the idea of having quotes for each of the sections, but they broke up the flow of the stories (which didn't always connect, either). I could sense some entitlement and there seemed to be a lack of identification of privilege (especially in the "thank" chapter). Sections ...more
Jacinda
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Theres not much to say about this book and it's not overly memorable. It's part self help part biographical with a bunch of anecdotal stories from the author on how they improved their life (who would have guessed that from the title ;) ). It was a pleasant way to pass the time but I don't think I'd gravitate towards this book as a self help as I think there would be far more extensive books on the same topic.
Holly Ites
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jason starts out really strong in building a case for personal contentment and fulfillment. However, his tangents into personal experiences and relationships borders on pandering by the end. Perhaps had he had a little more emotion in his narration, it wouldn't seem so self-serving. Still, there are some good tips and affirmations to make it worth reading.
Sunny
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good. Like an autobiography with healthy living tips. I do like reading MindBodyGreen daily!
Felicia
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
This book is amazing and a great perspective on wellness. Health is wellth!
Salliewt
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty standard stuff. Eat your vegetables, get plenty of sleep, do work you enjoy, practice gratitude, and enjoy nature. Not bad, but not groundbreaking either.
Luis
Mar 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
There are definitely worthwhile ideas here but nothing new or groundbreaking. It also doesn't help that the author seems to unwittingly flaunt his privilege in every chapter.
April
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
We learn the author's view on a number of principles relating to mind body and life.
Kaelyn
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Average read. Easy concepts and good quotes, nothing groundbreaking.
Edwin
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

This is a great book. Each chapter gives advice that’s applicable and easy to do! I definitely recommend it to everyone.
Sophie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
While I liked some approaches he talked about in this book I did not like the narrator. He came across like his way is the only way and like he knows better than anyone else.
Sonee
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is divided into 13 components the author considers are necessary for a “wellthy” life. In each he explains his personal experience and then interviews an expert for added depth and context.
Kelley Bowker
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! I am passing it along to someone else who is going to love it, too!
It is well written and has a lot of helpful information to live an all around healthier life!
Michael Lent
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Prioritize your life.

A good skim.
Latasha
If this guy didn't talk about himself so much, it'd be better. If someone else talked about themselves, I don't think I'd mind as much. Something about him irked me.
Kristen
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up a couple of times. I like to visit bookstores and browse books to add to my Goodreads wishlist. I take pictures of the covers and when I am finally done with the current cue I'll make my way around to the goodies on the wishlist. This book stood out to me, from the calm and attractive cover to the meaning of the title. Wellth. Life not a resume.

I've always been much more into the idea that life is meant to be lived. Though not always enjoyed, I don't think the entire stint
Gini
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
OK, I’ll admit it. I was so wrong about this book. I totally expected to hate it and ended up finding it full of good stuff. To me it’s more about learning to live and discovering what really matters than it is a self-help sort of book. This one covers a holistic approach to personal wellbeing; an approach won mostly the hard way. The same way most of us learn, I suspect.

Thirteen chapters introduce topics ranging from diet to spirituality. The author simply lays out some information and experie
Delwyn
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and already have in mind some friends, family and clients who would benefit from reading it. I like that there are lots of personal examples of when things have been difficult and the author has learned from that and either made changes or done things differently next time. The format is great for reading a chapter at a time and the deposit ideas at the end of each chapter are useful prompts.
My only complaint, and the reason why i marked it down to 3 stars (3.5 would be close
Kelsey
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wellth How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume by Jason Wachob

Jason Wachob, Founder and CEO of mindbodygreen, has written a book that is part personal memoir and part expert advice to help us all increase our “wellth”. Instead of focusing on the accumulation of financial wealth, Wachob argues that we should instead focus on “wellth” which he defines as “a life exemplified by abundance, happiness, purpose, health and joy.”

Wachob breaks down the keys to wellth in the following areas:
Eat

• Swimming with Elephants:  My Unexpected Pilgrimage from Physician to Healer
  • Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life
  • Superlife
  • Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness
  • Meditations on Intention and Being: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Mindfulness, and Compassion
  • Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss
  • Yoga and the Pursuit of Happiness: A Guide to Finding Joy in Unexpected Places
  • Quantum Wellness Cleanse: The 21-Day Essential Guide to Healing Your Mind, Body and Spirit
  • Big Love: The Power of Living with a Wide-Open Heart
  • Do Your Om Thing: Bending Yoga Tradition to Fit Your Modern Life
  • Make Your Own Rules Diet
  • Off Balance: Getting Beyond the Work-Life Balance Myth to Personal and Professional Satisfaction
  • Living with Intent: My Somewhat Messy Journey to Purpose, Peace, and Joy
  • Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on The Ketogenic Diet, including Simplified Science and No-cook Meal Plans
  • The Dance of Fear: Rising Above Anxiety, Fear, and Shame to Be Your Best and Bravest Self
  • Staying Healthy with Nutrition, rev: The Complete Guide to Diet and Nutritional Medicine
  • Saving Tarboo Creek: One Family’s Quest to Heal the Land
  • The Spectrum: A Scientifically Proven Program to Feel Better, Live Longer, Lose Weight, and Gain Health