Start by marking “An Honest Mistake (Crusaders MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
An Honest Mistake (Crusaders MC, #1)

An Honest Mistake

(Crusaders MC #1)

Ever since Alexis Newman was young, she knew her path in life, but to get to the top you have to start from the bottom. With no man in her life, she sets out with her best friend to dance her frustrations away.

Catching the eye of the crusaders MC resident assassin was definitely not in her life plans.

Cobra is not the type of alpha you read about, he's not romantic, he does
ebook
Published August 20th 2015

To ask other readers questions about An Honest Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Honest Mistake

Keren Hughes
So it took me 4 hours, but I've finally finished reading An Honest Mistake.

I was in a bit of a reading slump and had nothing to pull me out of it until Lucii wanted me to BETA read her debut novel.
I've laughed, I've cried, I've had snot bubbles everywhere (so very attractive). I'm sat here shaking from emotion, with a tear stained face and the smile of a total loon.
Lucii should be immensely proud of herself for the giant leap of faith she took in writing and putting herself out there. She pul
Jenn
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bikers
I liked it and yet I didn't like it. Does that make sense? I liked certain parts- but some things were just ridiculous- like the last chapter. I didn't understand why someone, other than Alexis, was kidnapped. In a round about way I can see it- but taking Alexis makes more sense to me.

I was definitely over these words by the end: sneering & smirking.

I liked Alexis and Cobra together. However, his wish washy ways, then jumping to straight to love? That didn't jive for me either. Nor did Alex
Coco.V
Oct 30, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/30/2017)!
Tish
Shelves: arc-s, beta
What a fabulous debut.
Wow. What can I say. When Lucii was looking for betas I jumped at the chance. There is no better feeling than helping A author but to be helping a author with there debut release is really something. A honour. :)
Mc books are still new to me. Prior to a honest mistake, I've read one and a half *sneek peek* of this genera. But I have to say they are fast on there way to being a new found fave of mine.

An honest mistake had me gripped, the story line drew me in instantly. It
Kacey Hamford
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read this MC book by new author Lucii.
Alexis always knew what she wanted out of life, she knew what path she was going to take until she bumped into Cobra, VP of the Crusaders MC.
Let me tell you, it was HOT from the start and continued that way.
This book is full of drama, hot ass bikers, fun girls who you would just want as a best friend and love, friendship and family.

This book was so addictive that i found it difficult to put down, a must read.

Great job, wel
Christy McCurry
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This was a great Debut novel from new and upcoming author L. Grubb. An Honest Mistake is a fast paced read, l really enjoyed and connected with the characters. I loved Alexis and Cobra.

I can not wait to see what else this author has in store for the Crusaders MC.

Christy
Radical Reads Book Blog
Christina Szczepan-santos
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't read this yet but I've seen the teasers. I've known Miss Lucii for awhile now and I just know this is going to be Amazing!

Finally I've read it. like I said I loved this MC book.
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“I love this between us, it’s so easy and fun. I have never had this with anyone, no one can take a good banter, I mean none of the club whores can, that’s for sure. I’m falling for this girl, I can feel the warmth surround my heart and the butterflies in my stomach every time she’s close, the noises she makes during sex are f@cking astounding. I do, I love Alexis”

5 super sexy MC stars!! I was sucked into this book from page one and I’m so glad! Th
Emma Johnston
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest and fair review.*

Definitely could not believe my luck when Lucii asked me to BETA read her debut novel and boy what a debut novel it was.

Alexis Newman is your typical working girl, who has her dream and knows where she wants to be. Enter Cobra, you're hot and sexy biker man. The two together equals amazing! Their story is one that you don't want to put down.

The story was brilliant, it made me laugh and it made me cry (which I don't usually
Shannon Dobson
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐⭐ AWESOME STARS
I was given this book to beta read and let me say what a brilliant job Miss L Grubb has done.
For someone who has no experience in the writing world, to put herself out there to be judged, criticised and reviewed she had done exceptionally well.
The story itself is hot and exciting, the characters likeable although have some annoying habits. But all characters do, just look at Anastasia in FSOG with her lip biting annoyingness.
I feel privileged to have been asked to give my hon
loves 2 read romance
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing debut! I fell in love with this story. The characters are amazingly written and showcased the true talent of this author. Alexis is not your typical woman she is strong, caring, and loyal despite a previous relationship that would have broken others. Her best friend is one every girl should have. I adore the relationship that these women have.
Cobra is a tough nut to crack. He has no problem dishing out the club's justice but giving his heart is a different matter entirely

These two reall
Sheila Kell
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great first novel for L. Grubb!

Alexis and her friend Lauren are thrust into the motorcycle club world after a rival club has seen them with the Crusaders MC. Cobra battles his demon's and wants to do nothing more than keep Alexis safe.

They have an enjoyable journey with a push and pull that is realistic. Cobra is yummy which is why I guess Alexis lets him off too easy when he screws up like men are apt to do when they are fighting their feelings. The women are strong and flow into the
DemetraP
Feb 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
A lot of double standards in this book. The hero runs around banging the "club whores" and whining that the girls are too easy. He meets the heroine at a club, runs into her at a grocery store, and invites her to his beach bbq the next morning. Then a rival club shows up and they all have to go into lockdown at his club.

So the heroine sleeps with him after knowing him for a few hours but that's not being easy.

The heroine's voice also felt very off, she kept using words that guys would use to des
For the Love of Books
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have just stayed up all night reading an amazing debut book, by new author on the block Lucii Grubb and boy was it worth every second!! Ahhh Cobra is just gorgeous and has stolen my heart, he is cute with Alexis but tough and bad with his MC brothers! You managed to get the balance of humour, passion, gritt and love just right. You took me on a road full of twists and turns making me try to guess what was going to happen - I never did!! I have to say that I never would have guessed that this i ...more
Anne Allsop
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I didn't think biker books were for me. How wrong can you be. This author is not only an amazing person who I have had the pleasure to meet, but is also a very very talented writer. I could not put this book down and every time you thought you knew how it was going to go. She hits you with another twist. I can not recommend this book enough. Even if you don't think it's your type of thing. Give it a go. I really think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Heather LitChick4ever
I received this book as an ARC from Booklover Book blog and author Lucii Grubb. I really liked this MC Romance book. This is book 1 of the Crusaders MC series by Lucii Grubb. I found this to be not as dark as some of the other MC romance books I have read. I found the romance to be just the right amount and the couples were willing to fight for each other. The ending was definitely left open for a next novel.
Will2pear95
Aug 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
I didn't get the same story as everyone who got the 4 and 5 star story did. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them but some of the stuff that happened in this story? Just no. I just couldn't see hardcore bikers acting the way these guys did. And Cobra and Alexis exercised really mind numbing behavior.
Jennifer Hajdics
Total Cliche.

If the author was trying to make me roll my eyes at the cheesy dialogue in this book, she succeeded. I've never read such cliched dialogue. It was almost comical. The story could not have been more predictable. I was bored reading it and the characters were unoriginal as well. An Honest Mistake is the perfect title for this book.
Dana Busenbark
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alpha-male, erotic, mc, romance
I give this book 3.5 - 4.0 stars. This book is the first one for the author. It does not read like your typical MC book, I enjoyed it just for that aspect, but I LOVE to read MC books.

Looking into the Crusaders MC, we meet Cobra. He is the VP of the Crusaders. Why is church suddenly called? What happened? On the flip side of the coin, we meet Alexis. She has a pig for a boss it sounds like. What happens that the Crusaders end up on lockdown? At one point, Cobra and some of the boys decide they
Jennifer Zorko
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
An Honest Mistake is a fast paced, hot, sexy MC book that had my blood pumping, my heart racing and my toes curling. This is the story of Alexis and Cobra.

Alexis is the good girl, the one that has her path planned out in life, she is strong, she is independent and she does not need a man or a relationship to distract her. That is until the night that she and her bestie are out at a club and she runs into the man that will change her life.

Cobra is the VP of the Crusaders MC. He has secrets that h
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
I was really excited when I heard Lucii was writing a book and even more when I found out it was an MC read.

This is a fantastic debut book from Lucii, she has a storyline that flows beautifully and you can read continuously without any confusion.

We meet Alexis who I feel is a strong character, she knows exactly where her life is heading, and also has a best friend who she treats more like a sister.

Lauren is full of life and really takes no shit from anyone, she loves Alexis fiercely. The two of
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

I was privileged to receive an arc of An Honest Mistake, debut book by a new and upcoming author Lucii Grubb and it did not disappoint.

Alexis is having a hard time at work its not her dream job and her boss is nothing but an ass, Alexis knows she could do the job better so when getting home and after another stressful day to hear her phone ringing she cringes but upon hearing her best friend on the other end she can't help but smile and even though she just wants to relax she arranges at night
Laura Smith
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC given by the author for an honest review.

HOLY S**TBALLS! I have finally popped my MC cherry and I'm soooooo glad that I choose this book to get me into the MC genre!

WOW! This is Lucii's debut novel and let me tell you something, this lady has got some major talent!

This book had me gripped from the start, it was fabulously written and flowed really well. This book is written with so much passion and hotness, there is nothing NOT to like about this book.

Lets meet Cobra, a hot as hell biker wh
Laura (Red Hot Reads)
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To say that this was Lucii's first book i loved it. I wasn't sure what to expect as I've just started reading MC books.

I loves the storyline, how the characters wwre.
I warmed to Alexis straight away, she's vulnerable and a little broken. I liked that she wasn't typical hard, confident leading girl that are in some books.

They were thrown into the MC lifestyle after a meeting in a club where they met Cobra.

As much as Alexis didn't want a relationship or too meet anyone but the connection they had
Jos
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Louise White
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really good debut to this writers career.

I found the story flowed nicely, the characters were described well and I could really get a feel for them. They were sexy and witty, Alexis was a strong female character who has been hurt in the past and wants to protect her heart. Cobra is a sexy biker, vice president of the local MC club and total player. They are both taken by surprise by their strong attraction for each other. But when a rival MC gang start attacking the club, Alexis gets
Amy Beth
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lucii was my PA, when she told me she was writing I was like you go for it and I would be here every step of the way to help you succeed. I am.so proud of her!

Then I was given the opportunity to have the first read and she broke my MC cherry and I'm thankful for that. her debut book is amazing, and I read it none stop. The way Lucii brings her characters to life, shown me how much talent she has.

I devoured the book in only a few hours, but thay goes to show how exceptional her writing and story
Louise Bailey
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Coba pv in mc crusaders,
Not really the type of alpha that is all hearts and flowers (romance )
He never dates never cares just kicks whore out each morning.
Alex is Newman has a past too.
But she never realised to get to the top you have to start at the bottom. She has no man in her life, she has her best friend Lauren who helps her dance the frustrations away. Catching the eye of hot mc resident was not really her plans ,
Will coba and alexia be able to survive his and her past or will she end u
Victoria
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
This one was a tough read for me... The plot was really good and would have been absolutely amazing had the execution been better. What I mean by that is, the dialogue was too unbelievable - there was a part in which one of the guys said "that was so cute" - and I just couldn't wrap my head around a biker saying that without being sarcastic. There were quite a few other things that were said and done that just didn't work for me...
Renee at Book Happiness
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review.. This is a debut for L. Grubb and I have to say that this was definitely a strong debut for this author..

I was pulled right into the story.. Cobra and Alexis are hot together..This book had my emotions all over the place and with any good book that will be the case and was definitely done by this book.. This is the first book for the Crusaders MC and I for one cant wait to read more from this series and this author.

HOT HOT HOT!!!!
  • Obsession (Obsession, #1)
  • Lucky Penny
  • All That Glisters
  • Seeking Nirvana (Dark Evoke, #1)
  • Bound (Bound Hearts Book 1)
  • Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)
  • I Am Atlas (Playing God, #1)
  • The Girl with Hearts (Midtown Brotherhood #1)
  • Falling to Pieces (Falling, #1)
  • Epic Lies (Epic Fail, #2)
  • Tortured (Tortured Soul, #1)
  • The Fight (George & Harvey, #3)
  • Love All (Game. Set. Match. Heartbreak, #1)
  • Obsession (Volkov Mafia, #1)
  • Taken by Lies (Rage Ryders MC, #1)
  • Silver Heart
  • The Other Man (The Other Man #1)
  • Keep It Safe (KIS #2)
Author Bio:

Lucii is a your typical British girl, hates the sun and hibernates when summer arrives! She lives at home with her 2 daughters, where they spend the day watching Frozen and peppa pig and playing play-doh.

She started off as a regular person, job, home life, health issues and a love of reading. After reading the Fifty shade phenomenon, she went onto social media to seek other authors wri

Crusaders MC (3 books)
  • The Last Betrayal (Crusaders MC #2)
  • Holding Onto Hope (Crusaders MC #3)