Start by marking “Bluewood” as Want to Read:
Bluewood

Bluewood

Dear Author,
In this race of dragon shifters all genders have the ability to become pregnant. This male couple is about to have their first clutch of hatchlings. Please tell us their story.

Photo Description:
Two dragon shifters kneel close to each other. One of them is in dragon form and has bright violet-colored dragonhide. The one in his human form has long hair and is st
Published July 5th 2015 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Bluewood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bluewood

SheReadsALot
4.25 Stars--Dragon Shifters FTW!!

Another dragon shifter winner from this event! Who knew the author could get all of this from that weirdly erotic dragon mpreg pic and prompt?

"Bluewood" might start off erotic (dragon shifted sex BTW!) but it's different. Elin Austen's dragons have penises like ducks (Um, I'm not a stranger to the duck dick...are you surprised? No? Moving on. Look it up on your own time) and males can carry eggs/dragon hatchlings. It's so cool learning about this dragon society.

A
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This cute story is less a romance and more dragon shifter lore.

I don't love established couple stories nor babies in books (not much in real life either), and there were six baby dragons here. Oy vey!

The theme of nature over technology was a bit heavy handed.

I wanted more steam, too.

I liked but didn't love this story, but that's not the author's fault. She interpreted the prompt with creativity and grace.

The mpreg/hatching bits were fascinating, and the MCs were clearly head over heels in lo
BWT (Belen)
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2015
4.5 Stars

I enjoyed this so much!

Ogdred ("Og") and Amadeus ("Amad") are both earth dragons who are a mated pair expecting their first clutch of eggs when the humans, and wolf shifters helping the humans, begin hunting the dragons.

Og and Amad manage to get away to a land that has been uninhabited for many (thousands?) years. There they coax life out of the forest guarding the land and bring life back to the plants and trees surrounding the shell of a palace they find. Once settled there Og gives
* A Reader Obsessed *
An interesting take where humans and various shifters cohabitate - and not necessarily peacefully.

Basically a sweet story that shows dragon shifters, Og and Amad, and how they forge a new life with their hatchlings.

Simplistically enjoyable and should the author write more, I would love to revisit this world.
Finnegan
I have always loved stories where the MC's landed on a new planet/arrived at a desolate place/uninhabited island and have to built a new home and colony from scratch. LOVED it. And this story had a bit of that home- building element, so I liked it a lot. I also liked the dragon-lore, the world building and would like to read more about that, too. There was a few unresolved issues, and the motives of the villians wasn't very clear. And I can't decide if I find the marriage of old-school almost me ...more
Tully Vincent
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mpreg and Dragons... yay! This was fun and sweet... love all the baby dragons, especially Bubble. Awww, poor little fella had a rough start. Thanks to the author for an enjoyable free read.
Jeanne 'Divinae'

Dragon shifters! Mpreg! Mates! Yeah! I love it all. Og and Amad are mates and are Earth Dragons. At the very beginning, Og is impregnated and his carrying a hutch of six eggs. It is (assumed) they won’t all make it. It is unheard of. So, he is earthbound, unable to shift into his dragon form because he’s pregnant. One day near their isolated home in shifter territory, he senses danger. Military men with wolf shifters come prowling through and he hides. His lover and mate, unknowing comes home an
K
Shelves: dritc
A gnats over 4 stars
Paranormal short story (dragon shifters)
Ogred (Og) and Amadeus (Amad) are a mated couple, and expecting their first clutch of eggs when the werewolves, working with humans, devastate the forest where they live and take Amad captive. When Og saves him they try to flee, and find themselves unexpectedly passing the border into a barren land known as "the Desolation". Only it isn't as desolate as they've been told. They discover the ruins of a palace by a forest and lake, which t
Shelby
4.5 Stars - I would like to have seen a longer book or more in this world. :)
Maddox
My prompt and awesome story written by Elin ❤ ...more
Deeze
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall a sweet read. I love baby dragons so this one was ahead of the game from the start. Sadly I wasn't as keen on the Mpreg parts. Not that I object to Mpreg, just the way it was handled. It left me with questions about why they gave birth in human form and it also lacks a little realism? for me. Plot points were rushed and glossed over to easily.

This would make a great series but would probably fall into my *I don't know why I still read but I do* category lol.
Kateena
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Please write more about this world it's amazing. It is a very well written book about dragon shifters starting over in a new land. They have plenty of problems and even more troubles between the wolves, humans, and other shifters that just want them gone. The birth of the baby dragons is a symbol of hope for all dragons and a great start for a new series.
Alaska

One of those stories I want to read more about. I enjoyed the world building and dragon lore and would love to read a sequel. The ending was a bit sudden but okay for a short story.
Please, Elin, more!
Diane
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story will captivate you with its engaging characters (shape shifting dragons), imagery, and an imaginative plot that moves along quickly and keeps you interested. Great job Elin-- I loved it!
Judy
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read, with dragons...and baby dragons...did I mention dragons? And there might be a sequel...yippee!
Sandra
NSFW although more odd than anything else (view spoiler)
Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Is An Open Road event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

Weeeeeeird picture, although I'll probably pass more because pre-existing relationship stories aren't my fave.
Michael
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really hope this is the beginning of a series or at least there is a going to be a novel length book.
Gwendolyn
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Corkscrew penis almost threw me. M-preg is one of my genres I like to read but don't talk about much in public. This was very sweet.
Enjee
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the free story!
Dragons, babies, mm....what's not to love about this too-short story?
Elci
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What is it about dragons?! More please.
Boyslove
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, mpreg
This was so cute! I loved it!

So, Bluewood was short, which was sad when I finished, but it packed a full, fun, exciting and heartwarming story.

The dragon lore was a lot of fun to read and the whole egg hatching and baby dragon process was really cool.

The writing was great! I was never confused or annoyed by writing errors. I think I only noticed one error.

In many mpreg stories, I find that the main characters dialogue is a bit dramatic and it can get old pretty fast, but in this one, the dia
Donna
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
Baby dragons... aww! Oh, and there are adults also... saving the day and raising those adorable baby dragons! What a great way to start my weekend! Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

Psst... would love to read more about this dragon world and those adorable baby dragons! ;D
Regencyfan93
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
There was a lot of world building that took place in a relatively short story. I'd like to see more stories building on dragons met in this book and exploring how the desolation grows or how the relationship changes of the twins as they get older.
K.
Really good. For such a short story the world building is great. Characters are nicely fleshed out.

It was a joy to read.
Melissa
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall, this was a cute and satisfying dragon shifter story.

My main gripe, however, is the unrealistic dialogue. If the author had intended to use conversations between characters to give the audience more information about this world, the execution wasn't very smooth, especially in the beginning. I would have preferred straight info-dumping to the stilted and rambling way the characters talked to one another. Thankfully, this improved as the story progressed and I was able to immerse myself in
Didi
This was less M/M romance and more of a tale of the starting of a new dragon colony. The Mpreg was a mite too graphic for my mind to take, likewise the air baby-making.

That said, I enjoyed the story. The world building was rather unclear. I also felt the reason behind humans and wolf-shifters coalition to rid the shifter zone of other shifters left behind big question mark for me.
But the idea of the story itself: awesome. And way to go for the author putting the prompt scene into the story (I a
Kevin
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It seems like a pared down version of a much longer story. There are certainly plenty of ideas in here and lots of things going on. I could see this as the start of a series.
Two dragons are expecting babies, then have to leave home because of aggression and conspiracy. They flee to an abandoned area, and start a new community there. Secrets from the past are revealed, and the babies are born (hatched I guess is the correct term).
I enjoyed the cuteness and closeness, and the action added tension.
Lisa J.
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was captivated by this short story. The world building was detailed but not overwhelming. I came to care a lot for about these dragons and their babies. The babies had such distinct personalities and were given such cute egg names. Also, the birth, or egg laying, scene was not glossed over like in a lot of mpreg, which I appreciated.

The author did a lot in a few pages, and I'm hoping this isn't the end of the story.
Wax
Shelves: mm
I've never been a huge mpreg reader, but I thought the author did a great job here. I loved this story of two dragons, Og and Amad, who have a clutch of eggs that they need to keep safe from the wolf shifters and the humans. Along the way, they also learn more about different types of dragons and about themselves. Their story really reminded me of reading dragon fantasy years ago, with the details of the hatching and the feeding.

Thank you to the author for participating in the LOR event.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, 0-50_pgs, m-m
I so loved this book & wished it would have been a novel. These two are so hot together and the mating was so very hot. I want to know more about the dragons that are gone. What is really going on with the other shifters. I want to see the babies grown & the if the twins will rule together. I just want more :)