Start by marking “Diary of the Wolf (Diary of the Wolf, #1)” as Want to Read:
Diary of the Wolf (Diary of the Wolf, #1)

Read Book

Diary of the Wolf (Diary of the Wolf, #1)

Ciaran Connolly's online dating profile became somewhat inaccurate when he was transformed into a werewolf. One bite changed his path from dull mediocrity to a blur of power, women and fights to the death. Now women want his body and hunters want his hide but all Ciaran wants is to pass his exams before the full moon.

Book one in the "Diary of the Wolf" series.
Published March 19th 2015 by Perpetual Autumn Publishing (first published August 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Diary of the Wolf, please sign up.
Frank Whelan That's a little mystery for readers to unravel. They're Easter eggs to add a little something to the overall series/world. They don't appear in the…moreThat's a little mystery for readers to unravel. They're Easter eggs to add a little something to the overall series/world. They don't appear in the current Kindle version, so they're by no means essential, but I thought an on-going puzzle would be something nice. You can solve some of it with book 1, but other parts won't make sense until later in the series. (less)

Megan
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
My book blog: http://publishedmoments.co.uk

From the first few pages of this book, I was instantly absorbed in to the diary of the wolf. Whelan has done an incredible job with describing the transformation of human to wolf, it was descriptive and thorough.
Usually paranormal and supernatural books don't really hold my attention all that well. It seems that Whelan has managed to keep me focused and it was nice to read something that had a little something to offer on every single page of the book,
Sinead
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a refreshing read in many ways for me. I have read fantasy/paranormal books to death because it is my favourite genre and it isn't very often I find something new to enjoy. For me, because this well written book was based in a place I know well I could really visualise the story on a whole other level. It's great to see an Irish author achieve such a feat. Can't wait for the next one!
Sylvia
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways*

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

First things first, a little run down of the plot.

It starts off with the main character, Ciaran Connolly, out for a night on the town. Where he promptly stalks, and murders a man for insulting the lovely Sabine, a woman that he just met. This first impression did not serve to endear Ciaran to me, though my feelings toward him did improve by the end of the book.

He then reminisces on the events leadin
Michael
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I've only read a couple of the present fad of shape-shifter novels but as there are so many it must be difficult to find a different angel on the old story. One of the ways of doing that is to provide your victim/lucky recipient of the 'curse' with a bit of a conscience and a moral code by which to live. In my day the werewolf was all evil and if it had any realisation of what it did when the full moon came out they quite enjoyed it.

Ciaran was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was bitten
Christine Polli
**I received this book as a First Reads Giveaway Winner** Thank you to the author for your sweet note and sweet treats!!

The story looked interesting. I enjoy a good werewolf story and like seeing how different authors tell the story. This one seemed a bit lacking. This is meant to be the first book in a series, so I wonder if some of the lack of details and character depth is due to learning more later.

The book starts with a good grab but then fades a bit. Descriptions of some scenes are well w
Denise Connolly Connolly
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. When started it I was a little bit judgmental, what could this story set in Ireland tell me any different from other werewolf books? I was very pleasantly surprised!! Loved the different slant the writer put on being bitten, changing and getting used to his new life. Loved everything about this book and didn't hurt to have bits and pieces about life in Ireland, the sayings, the craic and the way we Irish talk and go on. Living away from Ireland at the moment, it was so nice to h ...more
susan murray
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Won from goodreads
About ciaran went out for a walk and nearly gets killed by a werewolf but luckily survives. His body starts changing and he has a visitor who explains what is happening he is now a werewolf.
This book is set in Ireland and at first didn't get really into it but as I keep on reading found it more and more interesting.
Tim Gray
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A goodreads win I ate up fast like a wolf with a little pig. It's a fairly slim volume that is an easy and enjoyable read. Great fun, and glad to see there is more to come.
Tim Gray
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun - and I suspect this series will be worth following.
Dennis bishop
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Looking forward to many more books like this one! The right dose of paranormal with just a smidge of a love interest.
Darcy
Ogechi Wosu
Jun 19, 2013
Jan 11, 2016
Frank Whelan
Dec 06, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kim
Feb 24, 2018
Sidney Evans
Aug 27, 2018
Frank Whelan
Jul 09, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kristen
  • Once Upon a Revolution
  • Raising Children You Can Live With: a Guide for Frustrated Parents
  • Subversion: Life on the Edge of Eternity
  • Highs, Lows, and Plateaus: A Path to Recovery from Stroke
  • Montessori at Home Guide: A Short Guide to a Practical Montessori Homeschool for Children Ages 2-6
  • Dog Beach
  • Once Upon a Crime (Charlotte Ross Mysteries, #3)
  • Making Conflict Work: Navigating Disagreement Up and Down Your Organization
  • A Force of Nature
  • Torn by the Sun
  • Ping Ping Panda: The Power of Personal Responsibility
  • I Almost Died In a Hot Tub!: A Survival Story
  • The Single Man's Housecleaning Playbook: A Quick and Simple Guide to Cleaning Your Home Like a Pro
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
  • Mexican Eskimo Book 1: Exmikan
  • The Ice Cream Man
Frank was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. A lifelong devourer of words and hummer of jaunty tunes, he's always the person to go to when you need a pen. He'll be the one scribbling in the notebook.

A journalist by training and formerly by trade, he's also had a hand in game design, attempting to be an indie rock star and plotting to overthrow the Empire.

Frank is a firm believer that a mug of t