Start by marking “Eden Underground” as Want to Read:
Eden Underground

Eden Underground

Another snake, another tree, another Eve.

A new dark poetry collection from the Bram Stoker Awards® nominee Alessandro Manzetti: http://getbook.at/AmazonEden

A surreal journey into obsessions and aberrations of the modern world
and the darker side, which often takes control of the situation.
Madness, violence, aberrant sex, war, hallucinations, sadism, disturbing archetypes,
Published July 10th 2015 by Crystal Lake Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eden Underground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden Underground

Start your review of Eden Underground
Jim Goforth
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Books of poetry are often difficult beasts when it comes to reviewing, but every so often, along comes a dark masterpiece that is stunning in its intensity and execution.
Alessandro Manzettis Eden Underground: Poetry of Darkness is such a creature.
The fact that this collection of poems comes out through the always sublime Crystal Lake Publishing should have been a pretty good indication that it was going to be top shelf quality, but since Ive become a little jaded on poetry of late, I went into
David Dubrow
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alessandro Manzettis Eden Underground gets into your head, planting seeds of bleak grandeur that germinate in the minds eye long after youve closed the book. His poetry runs the gamut from surreal meditations on the nature of Heaven to straight horror, with stops to a nightmare Eden in between.

The collection begins with The Last Prey, a disquieting examination of male potency, female domination, and fertility (or the lack of it). It stands in stark contrast to a later piece, The Rime of the Mad
Paula
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lucifer, the Beast,
shows the man the rooms of Hell;
the swollen corridors,
the chandeliers made of bone and onyx,
the black bulbs,
screwed cancers,
ten per group,
ten per room.
The metastases of the bottom of the Earth
lit by darkness.
Excerpted from The Tenth Circle

Poetry, its an odd genre. When you mention the word to someone, some think of rhyming words or fluffy verses; to others it may be that stuff you had to sit through in English class. And then there are those who have read Edgar Allan Poe and
Kya Aliana
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alessandro Manzetti summons a darkness that will haunt you long after you put the book down. Eden Underground: Poetry of Darkness is a beautifully eclectic collection. Each poem offers a different terrific visual that is sure to give you goosebumps and make your flesh creep!

I'll be the first to admit that poetry is usually hit or miss - This collection is definitely a hit! The first thing that sets this book apart from the rest, is Alessandro Manzetti's uncanny ability to weave chilling images
Joshua Gage
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, horror
Manzetti's poems are, at their best, surreal nightmares that pick at the horrors of modern society and strip away the polished surface of modern paradigms to the often brutal and gruesome realities underneath. However, they are a mixed bag. Manzetti often descends into some worn horror tropes and does little to reinvent them, leaving the work at times stale and misogynistic. This is not an awful book, but it's certainly not an the best book of horror poetry ever written, either.
The Grim Reader
Dark but delicious

I have not read much poetry previously, outside of Robert Frost. I love dark fiction. No other genre comes close to bringing out so many different emotions. Crystal Lake Publishing are a superb source for your dark fiction needs. This collection of macabre poetry is absolutely top draw. Poetry can often be difficult to visualize for myself. Not so with this collection. Each poem was easy to read and wonderfully dark. I cannot recommend this enough. Fantastic. 5 stars.
Rena Mason
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
EDEN UNDERGROUND is a dark poetry collection with bite in its beauty, lovely scars on its face. Manzettis powerful words bring the glorious and the ugly to life in every piece, together telling a story of people and places both terrifying and fantastical. An unforgettable journey, an irresistible read. ...more
Donald Armfield
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, own, horror
While reading this collection the song by Iron Butterfly - In a Gadda Da Vida kept going off in my mind. Manzetti's darkness is grim and sickly setting. Bloody, disturbing and all roots of evil.
Overall favorites:
- The Wrath Sings, Goddess
- Dames de Voyage
Linda Addison
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book reverses the story of the famed Garden by opening with the surrender of the last man in Manzettis Eden in The Last Prey: I give myself to the cloned Amazons, / to the many copies of Eva, rubbing male skulls on their thighs. We journey through circles of hell and back, in these unwinding shadows. From Almost to the End: Here, where money buys everything, / even a piece of five-star Hell / and a requiem that never ends. ...more
Diane
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
As I read more poetry, I realize that the collections that lean toward the horror side of the spectrum are not for me. I read this one in its entirety, but I did not enjoy it. It is no fault of the author.
E.F.
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full of complex, brutal, and haunting images, Eden Underground is a relentless and rich collection of poems that you won't put down, even when you want to look away.
Gaby
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, horror, english
Dark poetry

I dont usually read poetry books but this one caught my attention cause it was a horror poetry. As a fan of horror i have to say this collection of poems were really good, some of them were so dark and cruel.

Crystal Lake Publishing
Crystal Lake Publishing
Jul 09, 2015
Joseph VanBuren
Jul 17, 2016
Marione norcino de na vorta
Dec 03, 2016
Aug 06, 2015
Stephen
Aug 09, 2015

• Dolores Claiborne
  • The Princess Saves Herself in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #1)
  • Helium
  • Wynonna Earp: Season Zero #1 (of 5)
  • Wynonna Earp: Season Zero #2 (of 5)
  • Wynonna Earp: Season Zero #3 (of 5)
  • The Haunting of Hill House
  • Christine
  • I Am Not Your Final Girl
  • A Civil Action
  • Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
  • One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School
  • Hell House
  • Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1)
Alessandro Manzetti (Rome, Italy) is a Bram Stoker Award-winning (and 10-time nominee) author, editor, and translator of horror fiction and dark poetry whose work has been published extensively in Italian, including novels, short and long fiction, poetry, essays, graphic novels and collections.

English publications include his novels Shanti - The Sadist Heaven (2019) and Naraka - The Ultimate Human