Start by marking “Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)

Tigerland

(Tigers and Devils #2)

Narrated by: Dave Gillies
Length: 8 hrs and 31 mins
Unabridged Audiobook

After an eventful and sometimes uncomfortably public courtship, Simon Murray and Declan Tyler settled into a comfortable life together. Now retired from the AFL, Declan works as a football commentator; Simon develops programs with queer content for a community television station.

Despite their public pr
Audiobook
Published December 15th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press LLC (first published October 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tigerland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tigerland

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Oh. My. God!!! I freaking loved this book, but only as a good friend, I'd give it TEN STARS!
<','>

Stuff I said before reading the book:

This better not ruin book one for me. (I liked this better than book 1)

This will be the first dsp book I've bought since last years Christmas antho of shitty suckage

I love the cover. Even though Declan should be bigger

Crap I wrote as/after reading the book:

(':')

The summer in November is weird for me. I kept forgetting about Tim zones and that the earth
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather K (dentist in my spare time) by: Aimee Kim
**3.5 stars**

I liked this book much more than the first but I still had some major issues with this one. On a positive note, I ADORED Simon here. Snarky, hilarious, and oozing with pop culture references: Just how I like my main characters! However, this book was brought way down in the ratings for a few reasons.

1) Very little romance or intimacy. I just can't get behind Dec and Simon as a couple because I rarely feel like they act like one. Even in the privacy of their own home, I feel like the
Ami
Lenore
I'm the odd one out. Again. Because that cover is bloody ugly. It's like two mannequins holding hands. And don't get me started with their clothes.

----------
06 November 2012

Well. This wasn't bad but I kind of found it didn't have a raison d'etre. Not to mention how the story was totally blown out of proportion. But it was Simon and Declan—and who doesn't love them?—so I kept reading. Good to know they're doing all right.
Kaje Harper
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I think the thing I love most about Simon and Declan is how real they feel. They make mistakes, occasionally significant ones, and they sometimes argue and they let the small stuff get to them, but the love between Simon and Dec is clear and strong throughout. This series also has great secondary characters and it was fun to revisit them all.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I'm not sure whether Sean Kennedy intends to publish a third book, but I would pre-order it, read it on the release date and then probably rave about it just as I plan to rave about the first two books.

In fact, it doesn't even need to have a plot for all I care: I would happily read about Simon and Declan getting groceries, spending lazy Sundays together, visiting friends and weird family members and so on. They are such fantastic characters that quickly become your friends, it's impossible to
MsMiz (Tina)
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt-all, kindle-mobi
Still absolutely in love with Dec, Simon and the cast of friends/family. Some big changes in this book, some hard to read, some characters missing....yet it is still the same feel. Simon is still Simon, yet more mature and has spectacular moments. Dec is the same caring, sensible guy who loves with his whole heart.

I will probably re-read this gem.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might contain spoilers* ⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

We are now three years forward after the previous book. Simon Murray (30) and now retired from the AFL Declan ‘Dec’ Tyler (30? 31?). Simon is now a development of programs with queer content for a community television station ( QueerSports ) and Declan is a football commentator. They are in love, in peace and just wants to be left alone with their family. However, universe has other plans. Greg Heyward, Declan’s ex-partner has decided to out himself (and r
Susan65
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Edited to include Audio review: The Blogger Girls

EBook Review:
Did this live up to the first book? Absolutely, 100% yes!!! I frickin' loved it!

It has been a long time since I've read Tigers and Devils and was worried I would not remember a lot of the secondary characters and feel lost while catching back up with Declan and Simon. It was an unfounded fear because I was instantly re-immersed into this couples extraordinary story. Be still my beating heart. Simon and Declan will forever remain two o
Eva
Really great second installment

more Melbourne

more AFL

more Love

Very enjoyable. Love it even more than the first book.

Again lots of Melbourne and its life and people and culture. Again I really enjoyed the author's descriptions of life in Melbourne, the love for the sport of Australian Rules football the people have and the expressions they use.
I live in Melbourne and I love Melbourne and everything in the book is very true.

I loved Dec and Simon and further development of their relationsh
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I've not made it a secret that I really don't mind, and sometimes love, revisiting established couples, and this was actually a great look at Declan and Simon a few years later. It is still full of genius, topical, fantastic humor, where I literally burst out laughing throughout reading this - mostly due to Simon's reactionary thoughts and both the intentional and unintentional compromising situations he gets himself into.

Again, despite the gawd awful, fade to black (yes, I'm indignant)
Jilrene ♥
4.5 stars (round up or down?)

I love Simon and Declan! I have no clue why I hadn't read this sooner. I guess I was afraid it couldn't live up to the first book. While I did like Tigers and Devils more, this is still an excellent story. No unnecessary misunderstandings or stupid men tricks. Just another slice of Simon and Declan's crazy life. I think I'll start book 3 next. :D
T.J.
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good to see Simon and Declan back and strong. Kennedy has a wonderfully snarky sense of humor and it shined through again in Simon. While I enjoyed it, it didn't quite carry the impact of Tigers and Devils. All the pieces were there, but something fell short for me. No matter. Still a great read.
DaisyGirl
5.0 Stars

Wow. I have to say, I was more than a little apprehensive about reading this book. I thought Tigers and Devils was an amazing story and, frankly, I worried that the sequel would pale in comparison. Well, I couldn't be happier to have been so very wrong!

It's three years later when we catch up with Declan and Simon. Declan is retired from the AFL and works as a footy commentator while Simon produces gay content programs for a community television station. Roger and Fran are desperately tr
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★

Well, hell , had I got some real romancing, and a little bit of on page smexin this would have been easily 5 stars.

Because that is what this book needed to obtain and sustain the 5 star grade. But, because I love Dec and Simon I could not bear to give any grade less than 4 stars, gosh, both are IMO fabulously built MCs, and that is a rare find in today's books.

The book as a whole.....

Audible version* with Dave Gillies, I love the way he reads a book to me, Mr. Gillies is one of my favorite nar
Kris
Dec 30, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sure he's like a brother.

Sure I pushed and badgered and bullied him into writing the sequel to T&D and then on getting it published.

Sure I read the gazillion drafts of Tigerland and dropped some pearls of wisdom... when I wasn't in hospital and doped up on meds for being Teh Cray-cray.

Still, what the hell was he thinking?!

To write about a relationship which has actually moved on and grown 3 years down the track?

To continue to write about the things that can challenge relationships and friend
Jerry
Simon and Declan started their fantastic, shy, closeted, forcibly out journey in Tigers and Devils and it continues in Tigerland. This is another slice/continuation of their life. A sometimes hypothetical life, but written so well that everything is plausible. I love this couple with all their flaws and the incredible love they eventually show each other. Plus, Simon's snarky comments and Declan's propriety and how he wants everyone to follow his high code of moral ethics. Sean writes everything ...more
Reggie
Thank you Mr. Kennedy for another great story!

This story is very different than the first one. The MC's are in different occupations than they were before and are now a couple. The dynamics are different. Just like the beginning suggests,there is a deeper story involved than the one that appears at first sight. Very well done. As always, I loved the snark! =D
Thanks again.

Happy Reading GR.land!
Kaetrin
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, ebook, queer
ARC from author for review (and enjoyment)

What it's about: (from Goodreads) Sequel to Tigers and Devils

Despite their public professional lives, Simon and Declan manage to keep their private life out of the spotlight. Th
Heller
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-sports
4.5

Often with sequels to books that I adored I fear that furthering the story will lessen my love of the first book and characters. A strange fear I know so I went into this book on tenderhooks.

I loved it.

It was the Simon, Declan and gang that I knew and loved from Tigers and Devils the same but different. Not static characters here but definite growth over time. I loved how secure Simon and Declan were in their relationship. A real change from the honeymoon phase we saw in the first book and
Meags
4 Stars

I had a lot of fun revisiting Simon and Declan (and their gang of awesome friends) several years after the events of Tigers and Devils. I loved seeing them both so comfortable and happy in their now firmly established relationship. I also truly appreciated the fact that all the drama that drove this story forward was coming from sources outside of Simon and Dec’s solid and trust-filled relationship, and at no point did anything (or anyone) truly jeopardised their state of happy coupledom.
Trisha Harrington
Wow this book was really great, I loved catching up with Dec and Simon while they were in a grown up relationship. I loved the story and was glad they overcame all the obstacles that were put in their way. I found myself expecting what came out towards the end of the book.

(view spoiler)

The be
Snowtulip
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, sports, own
4.5

What can I say about this book! First, SIMON...oh SIMON, I don't have enough appendages to count how many ways I absolutely love him. His snark can keep me going for hours. My concern with sequels is that sometimes the voices of the MCs seem to change and it's almost a totally different couple, I am happy to report that Simon and Declan are still Simon and Declan.

The storyline was well thought out and full of character development. We still had families and friends fully integrated and I stil
Natalie
This book is a tough one to rate. I love Sean Kennedy's witty writing (I snorted out loud several times while reading this), and I loved spending more time with Simon and Declan. However, I didn't care for the plot, and it really dragged on as a result. Also, while I didn't mind the fade-to-black sex in the first book (which is one of my all-time favorites), I found myself wanting more intimacy between Simon and Dec in this one. So, a mixed bag for me, but I seem to be in the minority on that.
Natalia
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I liked this a lot better than the first one. 5 stars
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Aug 22, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* by: Shaz
OMFG! I could scream right now I'm so excited! About freaking time! That's all I gotta say! And yayayayayayayayayayayay!!!!!!
Kathleen
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
It absolutely pains me to give this wonderful story 2 stars, because it's a five-star story and a one-star performance.

At first I was thrilled that DSP chose an Australian narrator to perform this lovely story. I was more than disappointed with DSP's choice of an American for the first book. But soon it became apparent that they had chosen this narrator simply because of his accent [edit: not American], not his skills. His voice was the high side of tenor, he had absolutely no vocal range, and I
SueM
Reading this novel felt like I was coming home to family - not only to beloved and familiar characters, but as it is set in my home city, it really is home.

The story itself has a warm and gentle pull on the reader - there are no heart-stopping page-turners here, but instead, you're drawn into the story of two people who, when forced to deal with some ugly people exploiting and twisting their past, find that their love only grows deeper and stronger. It is a story of growing up - not just Declan
Brandilyn
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brandilyn by: *Nan*
I love this series. The story is good enough you don't even really notice the lack of heat. I love Simon, he is so snarky. It always good to revisit an existing couple and see how they weather the storm life throws at them.
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
Loved it! Even better than the 1st one!! I loooove Simon and Declan!!
The Backlot Gay B...: Tigerland by Sean Kennedy 1 11 Jun 20, 2013 12:05AM
Romance Readers R...: May PIFM Buddy Read - Tigerland 27 35 May 30, 2013 01:23PM
Dreamspinner Press: Tigerland by Sean Kennedy 4 80 Oct 17, 2012 09:43AM
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • The Last Day Of Summer
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)
  • Out in the Field
  • The Unforgiving Minute
  • Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding (Coda Books, #6; Strawberries for Dessert, #2)
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • Making Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4)
  • Heart in Hand
  • Deep in the Count
  • Steamroller
  • Stronger In Your Hands (The Making of a Man #3)
  • Caught Running
Sean Kennedy lives in the second-most isolated city in the world, thinks there are thylacines still out in the wild, and eagerly awaits the return of Twin Peaks in 2017.

Tigers and Devils (4 books)
  • Tigers and Devils (Tigers and Devils #1)
  • Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils, #3)
  • Tigers on the Way (Tigers and Devils, #4)
“This is for those times when I want to take his hand, or he wants to take mine, but we don’t feel safe enough. This is for those times other couples get to take for granted, but we have to snatch in limited amounts when they become available to us. This is for those times when I can’t do such a simple thing as hold the hand of Dec as the tiniest gesture of affection and to show him how much I love him.” 9 likes
“After all, I need to be a godfather slash uncle. I think the term is ‘guncle’.” “Guncle?” “Abbreviated, ‘gay uncle’.” 5 likes