Start by marking “Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)

Sunset Park

(Five Boroughs #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  3,156 Ratings  ·  637 Reviews
Raymond Rodriguez's days of shoving responsibility to the wayside are over. His older brother wants to live with his boyfriend so Raymond has to get his act together and find a place of his own. But when out-and-proud David Butler offers to be his roommate, Raymond agrees for reasons other than needing a place to crash.

David is Raymond’s opposite in almost every way—he’s C
Published December 11th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

Baba
**Review removed due to personal reasons. Rating downgraded to one star**

March 7, 2018
Judith
REVIEW & RATING REMOVED
Santino Hassell
Aug 09, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
This (depending on your timezone) is the day! SUNSET PARK is now available to buy on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and every other third party vendor online.

I loved writing this book so much. It was the first time, and last time, I enjoyed every minute of the process. Raymond Rodriguez might be my favorite character to write of all time. Being in his head is so amazing that I'm trying to devise ways to climb inside again. Telling his and David's story was a great experience, and I hope everyone enjo
Julio Genao
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
incredibly, and despite only seeing a draft somewhere in the middle of the production cycle, i thought thiis novel was even better than the first one.
.Lili.
Rating removed.

Original review under spoiler. (view spoiler)
~Mindy Lynn~
***4.5***

I’ve never been in love with anyone before, but that’s what’s going on, so in my opinion, you should just roll with it.” A hint of a smile danced on his lips. “Oh, is that your opinion?” “Yeah. It is. So just let me love you and stop being a punk about it.”

Oh how I loved this one. So much!

Raymond.....

That boy is delish. He is also a hot mess with a temper, a need for weed, and has no intention on changing his ways. He is quite lazy when it comes to life. His source of income is the
Kade Boehme
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Y'all. Damn. And that first kiss yo! Really, exactly how I thought Ray would be, only... He's better. Santino nailed it with this one. I'm loving this whole series.

Plus the storyline, really. I like how kinda raw Santino's writing is. It's not SUPER ANGST or contrived shit, just... realness. And the characters grow. There's just something about the way Santino can break my heart that works so well for me.

Recommend this and the first, Sutphin Blvd, so much.
Mel
Aug 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This sucks.
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
After reading “Sutphin Boulevard” and loving the story and its characters I actually had no other choice than to read “Sunset Park”. Especially because I knew that Raymond and David were going to be the next couple! *lol*

I already loved Ray’s character in the first book and I was really curious to find out how his relationship with David was going to improve and change. In “Sutphin Boulevard” there was already so much chemistry between them and they were just too cute to even think about passin
Megan Erickson
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, adult-rom
Better than the first (Sutphin Boulevard) and that's saying something because Nunzio's mouth should win awards.

Santino has a way of writing super hot novels, and yet filling them with so much character growth. Not saying it can't be done but it's not easy to write books, yo! Raymond's journey over this novel was real and so relatable. I loved how he scowled. I love how David got underneath that scowl. And I love how David finally found someone who could make him happy and yet didn't coddle him.
Dalia
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m

Raymond Rodriguez's older brother, Michael, wants to move in together with his boyfriend, Nunzio, and rent the house he and Raymond currently live in. No matter how much Raymond doesn't like the sound of that, he can't hold Michael back. He has to behave like a real adult and quit depending on his brother to handle everything. When his out-and-proud friend, David, offers him to rent a new apartment together, he thinks it's as a good place to start being responsible.

David Butler isn't an
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Quick review: I really enjoyed this one, I was intrigued by these two when they were introduced in the first book and I think they really worked well together. Not a 5 because I feel a lot of issues were really brushed over/rushed near the end. Santino really knows how to bring on the heat!! I cannot wait to read the rest of this series.
Nazanin
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, m-m-romance
3.5-3.75 Stars

Reymond and David are friends for six months. They met when Raymond visited his brother in the rehab and also David is his brother’s colleagues. Raymond’s twenty-five, lives with his brother and recently got fired from his job and didn’t tell his brother but now his brother wants to move in with his boyfriend and rent the house. Raymond is bi-curious, so David offers Raymond to be roommates and meanwhile he can experiment with David!

I liked Raymond character. He’s a bit funny and h
Erika
Ohhh mannnn this book. This book was everything I wanted it to be and more.

See, when I first started reading M/M Romance wayyy back in 2009, when Bareback was my first read in the genre, I was fine with reading about (as Julio would probably put it) escandalo for escandalo's sake. I didn't mind the obvious over-the-top-ness and the drama that permeated the stories I was reading. I enjoyed it for what it was and, at the end of the day, was happy to be reading about gay men doing thangs and havin
Gaby
Dec 01, 2015 added it
Review Removed.
Vanessa North
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've been struggling with how to review this book nearly since I first read it--which was the same week I read its predecessor, Sutphin Boulevard. So I'm going to try to keep it simple:

Raymond is my favorite.

I could go on about the things I love about his character--his unflinching honesty about what he wants, the fact that he mouths off to his boss at his shitty office job, the adorkableness of his home life with David... I have so much affection for him as a character, but even more deeply, I
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.75 stars!

Unfortunately due to the holidays (and lack of proper internet) I can't properly review this one.

I do like this series. It's very addicting. The writing, the characters, the story....its just sucks you right in.

I just wish there was more romance. Once again, our MCs aren't a couple most of the book. But I loved Raymond. And I liked David.

I'm really glad this one wasn't as heavy and depressing as the last one. It was still heavy and more of an emotional read.

And the steam....holy w
Jan
Aug 09, 2015 marked it as bad-shameful-behavior
The more I read the more I know this author is not for me.

Avon Gale
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The treatment of bisexuality in this novel makes me want to send Santino Hassell candy every day until the end of time (that's not creepy, Avon :| ). Excellent writing as always, and the portrayal of a bisexual person who is EXCITED ABOUT EXPLORING IT and comfortable with the idea? I am literally swooning over here.

Seriously, I just LOVED that aspect of this book. I love seeing narratives where characters embrace newly-discovered bisexuality as a positive and affirming experience -- no matter h
Wendy
After reading book 1, I skipped this one, because David really wasn't my favorite person. I jumped right into book 3. However with book 4 coming out and it being about the same couple as book 2, I had no choice but to put on my big girl panties and give it a go.

I'm glad to say that it was way better than I expected. The MC's didn't annoy me as much as I thought they would. The sexscenes were also scorching hot, which is a real plus in my book ;)

I do have to say that Nunzio and Michael are still
Sara
Jul 13, 2015 marked it as won-t-read-for-reasons
Review Removed
Shile loves books
Rating removed

******************************************************
Audio Re-read.

5++++ stars for round 2, the audiobook narrated Michael Ferraiuolo brought these characters to life.
(view spoiler)
rachel 🌻
i literally cannot even fucking function atm. i'm a mess. i'm so sorry. god.

review and rating withdrawn.
Dia
5 BIG stars for Ray and David!!!

At last 5 BIG stars! I rate this wonderful book with 5 stars full of joy!

It hurt me not to give Sutphin Boulevard 5 full stars, because I love Santino's writing! But Sunset Park really kept me glued to the pages. I read it in one standing and it was absolutely amazing! Exactly what I needed!

Ray

David

We met Ray - Michael's younger brother, in the first book. At 25 he didn't have a job being kind of lazy. He suffered a lot after losing both parents in such
Susan
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
I expected a romance, but what I got was an awful lot of insecurity, a lot of selfishness, kissing, groping and talking about sex with other people, fights between Raymond and David, oh and don’t forget the angry sex (which almost felt like rape since David said NO several times, no matter how much he eventually enjoyed it).

Raymond and David are friends (no idea why), when David suggests they become roommates. When Raymond tells David he is bi-curious, David offers to experiment with him… All in
Eva
Enjoyed with my ladies from Monday 7 March 2016 here

Same city

New story

Great story. I loved the first one better though.

Will there be more?

Line
Mar 03, 2016 added it
Because of GR rules: http://riptidepublishing.com/a-statem...
See comments for the rest.
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

*****Breaking News******
This just became my favorite book of the year.

Review @Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words

"Life wasn't always fun, and sex wasn't always fireworks and explosions, craving each other and needing it so badly you visualized your partner throughout the day. That was always his implication, and I 'd accepted it every time-David"

Dear Santino Hassell,

This might not make sense to anyone reading except me. I apologize in advance for the rambling. I've had the hardest time trying t
  • For Real
  • Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2)
  • This Other Country (More Heat Than the Sun, #4)
  • Misfits (Urban Soul, #1)
  • Fast Connection (Cyberlove, #2)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • Starfish and Coffee
  • Beneath the Stain
  • The Subs Club (The Subs Club, #1)
  • Just a Bit Wrong (Straight Guys #4)
  • Love Lessons (Love Lessons, #1)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
  • Everything Changes (Resilient Love #1)
  • Rattlesnake
Santino Hassell was raised by a conservative family but grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into a grumpy introvert and unlikely romance author with an affinity for baseball caps. His novels are heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, and his desire to write relationships fueled by intensity ...more

Five Boroughs (8 books)
  • Sutphin Boulevard (Five Boroughs, #1)
  • First and First (Five Boroughs, #3)
  • Interborough (Five Boroughs, #4)
  • Concourse (Five Boroughs, #5)
  • Citywide (Five Boroughs, #6)
  • North Shore (Five Boroughs, #7)
  • Cross Island (Five Boroughs, #8)
“Go to hell. I'm not playing this game with you."
"Who's playing? I'm just giving you what you want even if you won't say it. That's why you like me, right?" He ground harder. "'Cause I'll touch you when I want, without asking, and I'll do it right. But he treats you like you'll break. Doesn't like to get messy."
I flinched. "Don't use things I told you against me."
"So admit it," Raymond said, pushing my pants down. "You like me because I'm not scared to get nasty.”
10 likes
“At this point, I was afraid to find out the answers to those questions, but that wouldn't stop me from trying. Masochism was legit.” 6 likes