Start by marking “Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Cat Lover's Companion” as Want to Read:
Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Cat Lover's Companion

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Cat Lover's Companion (Uncle John's Facts and Trivia)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Warren Eckstein said, "In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the cat." The Bathroom Readers Hysterical Society agrees, and shows it with this endlessly diverting tribute to tabby. From famous cats to the famous with their cats to cats famous history, from cats who like to paint to cats who travel the world to find their way home, Uncle Jo ...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Portable Press (first published October 12th 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Cat Lover's Companion

Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperInto the Wild by Erin HunterOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Cat Lovers List
892 books — 405 voters
Bad Cat by Jim EdgarI Can Has Cheezburger? by Professor HappycatCat by B. KlibanFrench for Cats by Henry N. BeardThe Complete Cat Book by Paddy Cutts
Cat Humor Books
157 books — 32 voters

More lists with this book...

Malia
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats
Enjoyed this even though fidn't read it in the bathroom.
Brenda
For a Non-Fiction book to be a good learning experience I think it has to have you branch out a little. Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Cat Lover's Companion did that for me. I watched a odd funny commercial about cowboys herding cats. I made a pinterest board about cats. When the book would go on and on about a particular cat breed, I looked it up on pinterest and pin them. Sphynx are weird looking and I want one. A Chartreux is about the prettiest cat I ever saw. It mention little odd historical ...more
Jess
I've been a fan of Uncle John bathroom readers and I've always been a fan of cats. When I found out I could get both in one I was ecstatic. This book is a great read for both fans of Uncle J and of cats !! I learned some facts that I didn't know already and some that I thought were just plain cool. a good laugh here and there too. Overall this book was super quick easy and relaxing I highly recommend it!
Alan
I am a big fan of the Uncle John's Bathroom Readers, and also a "cat person"; however, this book was full of facts and details that we've all heard before. I became very bored with the book, very quickly. By 50%, I was simple scanning the pages looking for interesting "tid bits" to read; I found a few, but not too many. I love cats, but maybe this is a subject that just doesn't have enough material for a large book of facts and stories.
Noelle Walsh
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Need I say I adore cats? I saw this book one day and found it necessary to get it, read it, and give it a good place on my bookshelf. As per usual, Uncle John provides a humourous reference book, this edition being about and dedicated to those majestic animals known as the feline. This book is an excellent read and is great for cat lovers (like me!) and will be read again and again.
Lindsey
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals
Mainly read this in an OR waiting room while my dad was undergoing major surgery. I love cats. I own one. And this book of short stories and facts about kitties really hit the spot. Will read more in this series.
Theodora R. R.
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a very fun book, full of interesting facts and stories about cats (or people or other animals associated with cats). I enjoyed it very muchly. And... there's not much else to say, since there wasn't much of a plot or characters. Just a lot of enjoyable stories and facts.
Michelle
Jan 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
For cat lovers, this is the ultimate book. I'm more of a cat liker, but it was still full of great information. I especially liked the parts where they talked about authors or cartoonist that deal with cats as their characters. I enjoyed the historical background of how these things came to be.
LInda L
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute -- lots of anecdotes/stories. Excellent for the bathroom. IF you like cats.
Diana Petty-stone
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really interesting facts about cats. Some surprising facts and I learned a lot I didn't know and I am a MAJOR cat lover!!
Susana
Jun 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Funny but also has some real cool facts regarding cats and their history. Definately enjoyable!
Kathy Crow
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
A nice, light read, some funny facts.
Lildemonyo
Feb 12, 2014
Tracey Williams
Dec 15, 2014
Ted Cusber
rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2014
Jun 22, 2012
Laima
Oct 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Bathroom Reader's Institute UJBR boasts more than 12 million books in print and a membership base topping 40,000 loyal readers . . .
More about Bathroom Readers' Institute

Uncle John's Facts and Trivia (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Uncle John's Presents: The Book of the Dumb
  • Uncle John's Presents Book of the Dumb 2
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tees Off on Golf
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Extraordinary Book of Facts and Bizarre Information
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Wonderful World of Odd
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Dog Lover's Companion
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Sports Spectacular
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader WISE UP!: An Elevating Collection of Quick Facts and Incredible Curiosities
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Salutes the Armed Forces