Start by marking “Crow Mountain” as Want to Read:
Crow Mountain

Crow Mountain

While on holiday in Montana, Hope meets local boy Cal Crow, a ranch hand. Caught in a freak accident, the two of them take shelter in a mountain cabin where Hope makes a strange discovery. More than a hundred years earlier, another English girl met a similar fate. Her rescuer: a horse-trader called Nate.

In this wild place, both girls learn what it means to survive and to
Published September 3rd 2015 by Chicken House

To ask other readers questions about Crow Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crow Mountain

Jenelle
I am aghast.

I have no words, only spluttering.

I was prepared to give this 4 stars. I was willing to overlook some faults (hang on, tell you in a sec). But then....THEN.

I'm still struggling to articulate because it's almost too ridiculous to believe!

Let me set this up for you (and yes there will be spoilers):

This story is two parallel stories over 100 years apart, both with British girls coming to Montana and falling for cowboys under remarkably similar circumstances; the modern one reading the
Kirsti
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book tells two stories, Emily and Nate set in Pioneer America, and Hope and Cal, set in Modern America. Normally books like this make me pause, because frankly I read far too many books exactly like this. One set in the past, one modern but both connected. It has to be a truly phenomenal to both catch and then hold my attention; this did.

I absolutely loved both couples, although I was a little iffy on Emily and Nate (because he keeps her at his cabin for so long, but it's not forced impriso
Vanessa
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a remarkable, beautiful story ... One of the few I've read over the years that has managed to bring a tear to my eye! Loved Emily's friendship with Clear Water, the white stallion appearances and the bison storyline especially. History interwoven with love and fate in an amazing setting. Loved it!
Ginny
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: symposium-2018
This book carried me back to my much younger self, and it is that self that loved it 5 stars worth. A compelling story can make history repeat itself.
Megan
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5*

Crow Mountain was fantastic. I am so thankful I had the opportunity to read this as I would have to say it's up there as one of my favourite reads of the year.

Crow Mountain is two stories set centuries apart that come together and mirror each other so fantastically. We have English girl Emily telling her story in 1867 as she travels though the plains of Montana to San Francisco to marry and English girl Hope's story in 2015 on a Montana mountainside while her mum conducts environmental rese
Kate Ormand
Present day: Hope visits Montana with her mum, Meredith, who is an environmental scientist. Hope and Meredith stay with the Crow family. While research keeps Meredith busy, Hope helps Cal Crow with chores, like caring for the animals. 1867: Emily is rescued by horse-trader, Nate, who takes her to a remote cabin where she recovers. While Emily is stuck at the cabin until Nate can return her to town, she helps with chores, meets his family, and is drawn into his way of life. The journey for both c ...more
Laura (midorireads)
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I started this book initially with no idea what it was really about. I understood that it was going to be told in two parallel accounts, one in the present, and one in the past. But I wasn't sure how they were supposed to correspond, besides the fact that both were of English girls, taking shelter in a mountain cabin in Montana, each with a young man who knew of survival. The modern story being that of Hope Cooper and Cal Crow, and the past belonging to Emily and Nate.

Honestly, I enjoyed Emily
Sally Boocock
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I would put it on a par with Nelly Dean. A beautifully told love story 100 years apart. Loads of information regarding native Americans. The main protagonists in both centuries were totally lovable and you could feel the awkwardness and humour between them. It's a YA book but totally suitable for adults too.
MattandCathy Brandley
I really enjoyed this novel. It is a love story intertwined between the past and the present.
Carol
Please see my review on Amazon.com under C.. Wong. Thank yoi.
Chelley Toy
This review was originally post on www.talesofyesterday.co.uk

I was lucky enough to have been invited to the Chicken House Blogger Brunch back in July where I got to hear a bit more about Crow Mountain from both Barry Cunningham and the author Lucy Inglis herself and it left me super intrigued to read the book.

I have to say I was not disappointed. Even after hearing about it at the brunch this book still fully surprised me in the most wonderful way possible.

My heart was swept away by Lucy’s fanta
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)

Interesting story! Liked the story and characters and everything but didn't connect to it emotionally in a way that I wanted.

Crow Mountain by Lucy Inglis was another hugely fun read. I have to admit that I didn't know very much about the story before I decided to dive into the book. And you know what? Crow Mountain was hugely interesting and something that felt a little bit different as I was reading.

Crow Mountain has two time lines, a story set in the modern day and another set in the
Leah Moyse
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is a Young Adult Historical/Modern day romance story. Although outside my usual comfort zone, it has to be said that I was quickly drawn in and I found it thoroughly entertaining.

Firstly 1867 in Montana with Emily and Nate. Emily and Nate's story occurs when upon Emily trying to travel across America a disaster occurs and Emily is left alone, save for the care of Nate who rescues her and takes her back to his home and looks after her and what develops is an unlikely story of love.

In mo
Sal
JESUS CHRIST. Lucy Inglis seriously knows how to mess with your feels, I feel as if my heart had been shredded multiple times in the last 3 chapters! But holy crow, that was a phenomenal story packed with so much emotion that I wanted to cry. Very different to Lucy's debut in a good way and I absolutely LOVED it. From beginning to end, it was amazing. Now I need time to recover.

Full review to come.
Izzy
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Took a while to get into at first but after page 70 it starts to get interesting. Major event near the end which made me throw the book across the room twice (then apologise to it). Twist at the end which was a bit confusing but it was explained a bit later. Overall, it's a great book.
Sarah Tregear
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this. Made me cry so much sitting in the garden with the dog. I had to wipe my nose on a lurcher.
Vera
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes, when you're least expecting you find a pearl like this.

Beautiful, simply a beautiful story.
Kirsty
Not doing it for me sadly. Moving on
Rhi Anna
Apr 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. THE BOOK HAS BEEN THROWN ACROSS THE ROOM. WHAT SORT OF ENDING WAS THAT? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? IT WAS SO WONDERFUL... BUT THEN....

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Beth
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I think I got this book from one of my kids book orders from school. I'd never heard of it, but it sounded good.

It wasn't terrible. If the author were to have written an entire book about Nate and Emily, I would've loved the hell out of that. I want to get my hands on all kinds of books about the Old West and pioneers now.

Hope and Cal were boring. The feud felt tacked on, as did the deaths. Why?! Why did *insert spoiler* have to die?!?! But I didn't really care what happened to Hope and Cal an
Newport Librarians
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction
If you are looking for a little mystery, some romance and plenty of adventure in the stunning western mountains of Montana, this story will satisfy you. The reader is drawn easily into parallel tales, though separated in time by more than 100 years (1867 and present day), of two 16-year-old English women and their challenging adventures in Montana that of course, involve falling for rough-and-tumble partners. The story revolves around difficult choices that both women face: what do they want fr ...more
Robin
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a beautifully written story. It follows two storylines occurring hundreds of years apart. Two families rooted in Montana, rooted in hatred and revenge. One trying to live in peace while the other circles them causing pain and havoc.
A diary from the 1800's written by a young woman coming Friday m England to marry. Found by a young English girl on a work trip with her very opinionated mother. And as the story in the diary unfolds, so does her own story.
The characters are well written and th
Charlene
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Crow Mountain! The book brought the historic tale of Nate and Emily into fruition in the modern story of Hope and Cal. Their intertwined tales take place in Montana one hundred and fifty years apart. The historic content, following the end of the Civil War, what was taking place in Montana- the attempted extermination of the buffalo and removal of the native Americans- all enhance the telling of Hope and Cal's story and give depth and background to what was taking place to them. It made ...more
Pauline
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. There were parts of this story that really worked and others that didn't. I liked the concept of linking the two stories although some of the events and coincidences were a little implausible and convenient. The historical romance "Stockholm syndrome" was initially a little disturbing. An escapist read.
Zephyr
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book left me speechless.
My heart was broken because of Nate, I wasn't ready to be broken hearted for Cal as well.

Good thing that the ending is beautiful.

This deserves a 5 star. I've never been hooked this year on a book after reading this.

Add to your to read now :)
Yip Jung Hon
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mmm...such a delicious read. And I love it when there's a connection between the past and present.
Jess
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Mary Farrell
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know this book will get criticism for a few things, but I loved it. Great read.
Esther
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I feel an obligation to write a review, just to say this book was an amazing journey. I cried, but in the end they were happy tears.
Devyn Smart
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crow Mountain is everything I want in an adventure & romance novel!

The story never lagged, always keeping me hooked (I was surprised that I put it down to sleep!). I really enjoyed how the whole story came together. This book, with any great book, made me laugh, fall in love, and cried when they did (seriously, have a box of tissues with you!) I loved the alternating point of views between Emily & Hope, I quickly saw the resemblances with their personalities and upbringing. Since Emily c
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bullet Catcher
  • Looking at the Stars
  • All the Forever Things
  • Spandex and the City
  • Dark Days (The Childe, #2)
  • Royal Disaster (Royal Scandal #2)
  • Hold Her Again
  • Shattered Vows (Crimson Point, #3)
  • Penthouse Player (Billionaire Bosses, #1)
  • Dusk (Dusk, #1)
  • Last Chance Angel
  • Heirs of War (Heirs of War, #1)
  • London Belongs to Us
  • Darkmere
  • Corrupt Me
  • Haunt Me
  • The Quietness
  • Dead Over Heels
“I don't remember falling asleep on you but I do remember waking as you laid me on a pile of buffalo hides and buckled you against my side in the lodge they loaned us at the edge of the camp. Your breath was warm against the back of my neck. The door flap was open and the last thing I saw, high in the heavens, was a star shooting across the glittering ceiling of the sky.” 1 likes
“I don't remember falling asleep on you but I do remember waking as you laid me on a pile of buffalo hides and buckled me against your side in the lodge they loaned us at the edge of the camp. Your breath was warm against the back of my neck. The door flap was open and the last thing I saw, high in the heavens, was a star shooting across the glittering ceiling of the sky.” 0 likes