Start by marking “Etre ou ne pas être (Geek Girl, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Etre ou ne pas être (Geek Girl, #2.5)

Etre ou ne pas être

(Geek Girl #2.5)

Au lycée, Harriet se retrouve engagée malgré elle dans une mauvaise production théâtrale de Shakespeare. Elle-même étant une comédienne médiocre, elle tente de soutenir son amie Nat qui rêve de devenir tragédienne, alors qu'elle n'a obtenu qu'un rôle muet dans la pièce.
Published July 2nd 2015 by Nathan Jeunesse (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Etre ou ne pas être, please sign up.
Kayleigh {K-Books} It's just an extra book for the fans. It doesn't need to be read as part of the series,
Jazzy Yes it can. Some of the characters wont make much sense as they are all built up in the previous books but it can still be read alone.

Start your review of Etre ou ne pas être (Geek Girl, #2.5)
Shannon
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
I enjoyed reading this book, even though it confused me at some points. Yet, this book was nothing more than a quick read.
Cora Tea Party Princess
This was a cute little read, although I think I read it at the wrong point, as I was a little confused! Once put into the right context it worked very well and I loved this extra little snapshot of Harriet's life.
Chelsey Ellice
So I started this book then realised it is meant to be before model misfit so it should really be 'Geek Girl Geek Drama 1.5' I really hate Alexa, she is so horrible and glad Harriet stood up to her a little bit but wish she would stand up for herself more. I enjoyed this short novel but it wasn't my favourite Geek Girl book.
Mehsi
This was kind of confusing. Still fun, but I had no clue where in the book the story was until we found out about Annabel still being pregnant. My expectations were that the story would continue from the last book or from the book previous to that. Not just go back in time all the way.

And can you imagine my joy at first when Nick was there and Harriet and he kissed? I thought they made up, I thought they were together again. Imagine my sadness when I found out this was from way back. :( :( :(
TS
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
3.5 stars!!!

Just like its predecessors, this book was fun and quick to read. I laughed out loud for a straight 20 pages when the actual play was going on. (view spoiler)

Despite the fact that Harriet knows a lot of Shakespearean fun facts, I do think the drama department should have done a play on Oedipus or something because it would have been such a fun play on words -- you know, G(r)eek Drama
Michaela
(view spoiler)
Lea (drumsofautumn)
This was a fun addition but nothing important you HAVE to read.
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
Fantastic little short story to the series with a focus on Harriet and Nat's friendship which was lovely to read.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Review: This is one of the fabulous 1 books that was released to celebrate this year's World Book Day. I was pleasantly surprised by the length and depth of this book, the amount of fabulous fiction you can buy for 1 these days! I actually downloaded this book on my Kindle but I will also be buying a copy to sit on my school bookshelf in between all my other editions of this awesome series!
This little offering from top write Holly Smale seems to come in between books 2 and 3 of the geek girl
Jamie-Lee Turner
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Hilariously funny and completely captivating from the get-go. On an school trip to Birmingham no less, Harriet is ‘spotted’ at the Clothes Show Live and inadvertently takes the job that her best friend Nat has craved for since she was a child. Harriet is drawn head first into the hectic and chaotic world of Fashion with her Agent Wilbur with a -bur not an -iam, Yuko Ito and the gorgeous male model Nick, better known as Lion Boy whom she first meets while hiding under a table. Harriet is unsure ...more
Kirsty
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ukya, uk-author
A nice short story to go alongside the geek girl series. As always quite funny and perfectly Harriet.
Allyson Gardner
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great!

I recommend this book for teenagers and tweens. It's a really good book! I loved it! Although there is some kissing.
Oda Renate
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A Perfect little geek girl story.
There is Toby the stakler, Nat the best friend, model drama, and school drama.
Emily Ross
This felt kind of unnecessary as an addition to the series, and I feel, is in the wrong place in the series.
Nevertheless, it was nice. You saw Harriet's friendship with Nat and Toby, and you saw her rivalry with Alexa and basically it was a short period of her life at school, only vaguely interrupted by modelling.
I did, however, learn a lot of things about carrots, Shakespeare and cheese.
Molly
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3rd book of the year, yay ! Regardless of this book being so super quick, it wasn’t my fave. I love Holly Smale’s books but maybe I’ve grown out of them ? Whilst reading this it was enjoyable but a 3 star is where it’s at ! a 3/5 stars from me, happy reading loves xx also I love Harriet and Nicks relationship soo much x
Jennifer Girard
I missed Harriet so much! I need to finish this series soon.
Katey Lovell
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first two Geek Girl books last year when I was in hospital and they were such a tonic- YA books full to the brim with slapstick humour and an entertaining plot. They covered friendship (and bullying), first love, family and were crammed full of strange and interesting facts which Harriet shares with anyone who'll listen.

Geek Drama is book 2.5 of the series and was released for World Book Day. It's not a full length book, but these 128 pages squeeze in a lot of story. There are the
Hollybooks
Even though I really enjoyed all the other books in this series, this one made no sense. It lags on and on and on, and I feel bad for writing this for all the other books are so good. There was no reason for this book to be a novella part of the series.
Emily
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good, has some very funny scenes. What I love about the geek girl series is when you read it somehow you have this connection with the characters. When they are embarrassed so are you, when they are happy so are etc.
Maddie
Entertaining, as always, Harriet never fails to make me laugh!
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: companion-works
Plus 0.5 for all of the Shakespeare facts!
Katy
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great mini-Harriet Manners tale, with all the lovable characters making a hilarious appearance. Loved it!
Nat (livebreaththeread)
What the hell was going on here? I obviously had no idea what happened because I didn't read the first two books... Why didn't I listen to the #2.5 ?? Lol
Kirsty Stanley
#WorldGeekDay #WorldBookDay
C Wharton
This wasn't really my type of book, but I still enjoyed it. I thought that it was quite hard to read, because there was quite a lot of vocalulary that I didn't understand, so maybe the book was slightly too old for me.

Some parts of the book did make me laugh though. My favourite quote was when Harriet was waiting for an audition at the modelling agency:
'"Is that you?" I said, pointing at the open folder on the brunettes lap. There was a stunning black and white photo of a very beautiful girl in
old account (rl)

Geek Drama was a short, almost unnecessary, addition to the Geek Girl series. It followed Harriet and her best friend, Nat, as they auditioned for their school drama production of Hamlet. It was simple story without the massive story arc of the full-length sequels, but still stayed true to the sweet and funny tone of the series. The writing style was definitely more similar to Geek Girl than Model Misfit. It was a little ‘newer’ sounding, if that makes any sense at all! It somehow just
Alda Nielsdottir
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to start by saying that I am really annoyed with whoever decided to call this book 2.5, this is clearly book 1.something, as it takes place in between book 1 and 2. I wanted to read all the books in chronological order but now that seems to have become impossible.
Now that that has been said, I found this book extremely entertaining, I loved how everyone improvised in the end of the play, and I loved that Alexa got whats he deserved but still, it bothered me that Harriet was so badly
Joia Yazigi
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book "Geek Drama" By: Holly Smale is a book basically about a girl named Harriet Manners who is auditioning for the play and her enemy humiliates Harriet. The reason why I like this book is because its very realistic and the drama that occurs is interesting and your curios to find out what Harriet is going to do in the position that she is in. The drama in this book is also weird but common because panicking before an audition is common. This book is also very detailed and the words that are ...more
Jen (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
This novella is listed as 2.5 in the series, but it should actually take place before or at least during the second book.

I liked that it was a super quick read, but it felt kind of pointless as it didn't really tie in with the other books in the series so far. It may tie in with the future books, but I doubt it.

It was also too expensive for something that was so short.
Inês
Book #8 of Booktubeathon 2018

IMPORTANT: this book is actually set after the novella “All wrapped up” and the second book of the series, “Model Misfit”, and I would advise it to be read in that order.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Geek Drama- What did you think? 2 8 Aug 26, 2015 10:20PM

• It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Princess in Practice (The Rosewood Chronicle #2)
  • Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1)
  • My Secret Rockstar Boyfriend
  • The Little White Horse
  • Girl Online Going Solo (Girl Online, #3)
  • Don't Even Think About It (Don't Even Think About It, #1)
  • The Longest Whale Song
  • Lying Out Loud
  • Girl Online (Girl Online, #1)
  • The Lost Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles #3)
  • Guy in Real Life
  • Summer's Dream (The Chocolate Box Girls, #3)
  • The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch
  • Girls Under Pressure (Girls, #2)
  • Girl Online On Tour (Girl Online, #2)
  • Take Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)
  • The Places I've Cried in Public
Holly is the Number One bestselling, multi-award winning author of the GEEK GIRL series.

She fell in love with writing at five years old, when she realised that books didn't grow on trees like apples. A passion for travel, adventure and wearing no shoes has since led her all over the world: she has visited 27 countries, spent two years working as an English teacher in Japan, volunteered in Nepal,

Geek Girl (6 books)
  • Geek Girl (Geek Girl, #1)
  • Model Misfit (Geek Girl, #2)
  • Picture Perfect (Geek Girl, #3)
  • All That Glitters (Geek Girl, #4)
  • Head Over Heels (Geek Girl, #5)
  • Forever Geek (Geek Girl, #6)
“A slug has its bottom in its head.” 0 likes