Start by marking “His Touch (Heroes of New York, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Touch (Heroes of New York, #1)

His Touch

(Heroes of New York #1)

Author's Note: HIS TOUCH has been renamed THE PARAMEDIC'S RESCUE and is part of the Hereos of New York series by Tule.

When a strikingly handsome paramedic finds Kara Larsen‘s lost toddler, only to lecture her for failing to mind her child, Kara is embarrassed and relieved she’ll never have to deal with him again… no matter how good looking he is. Doesn’t he know being a si
ebook
Published June 29th 2015 by Tule Publishing Group, LLC

To ask other readers questions about His Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Touch

Start your review of His Touch (Heroes of New York, #1)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

WHY DO FEEL GOOD BOOKS HAVE TO MAKE ME CRY!

Kara Larson is a very prestigious Financial Advisor, she also has a little girl named Nadia. Kara is a single parent of Nadia who is almost 2 years-old, her father Steve bailed when he found out Kara was pregnant. The jerk!!

Kara decides to take a CPR course for babies and toddlers, this is where she meets the beautiful Reid Bennett. He's a FDNY paramedic and hot to boot :)

Reid likes how Kara handles herself in the c
Nicola
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first in the Summer in New York series, His Touch was another enjoyable offering from Patty Blount. Whilst easily a standalone read, it's also linked to the Christmas in New York series released last year and if you read these, you'll have already met Kara and her daughter, Nadia so I was pleased to see she got her story.

description

Sweet, romantic and full of emotional moments, Kara and Reid are both lonely, haven't had it easy over the past few years and both suffered loss in the 9/11 atrocities. Whi
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I had so much fun with this book. I smiled, I laughed and just really enjoyed reading "His Touch" the first in the Summer in New York Series. Patty Blout just made this such an easy and lovely read that I am looking forward to His Kiss and His Love and really hope that the authors that wrote them make me fall in love with their characters too.

I love reading quick, summer reads especially when the the leading man happens to be a hot paramedic
Jen_C
Eh. There were some well written parts that I enjoyed, but for the most part the characters and their behavior bugged me. This was just not a style I could enjoy. If you read all the others in the series maybe it would work better for you. I don't personally like info dumps that are irrelevant to the current story. I felt like this style of writing was more "telling" than showing and sometimes way too wordy. Others enjoy having every little detail described, but I do not (ie. he pulled out the ...more
Angela Auten
Okay, this book was adorable. I really needed this book afte the ruins. Ahh! I can't wait to read another nook by Patty Blount now. She is one of my favorite authors ever! Full review to come soon.
Fanspace Book Blog
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

Books that have babies in them are cute, and men with babies are equally as cute. This book is all about fate and why things happen. Everything happens for a reason in this novel.

In this book you meet Kara who is a struggling single mom of an 18-month-old baby. She's struggling everyday to be a good mom, and keep her career going. One day she goes to the local fire station to take a class on CPR, it's here she meets the instructor/paramedic known as Reid Bennet. At first, Reid comes off as a r
Debbie
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
His Touch is one of those novels that grabs you from the very beginning. The main character Kara has a daughter, Nadia is eighteen months old. Kara is a struggling single mother and takes everything upon herself. She is trying to juggle her work schedule with caring for her growing daughter. Kara and Elena lost their mother at the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center. They both believe in signs from deceased loved ones. Elena had been getting signs from their mother, but Kara hadn’t as much. Sh ...more
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

In the beginning, I was a bit hesitant about this book. It didn't hold my attention that much. I thought the hero was a jerk. I mean, how can you say unkind things to someone you don't even know? And he judged the heroine more than once.I just wanted to smack him in the head.

He did redeem himself as the book progressed. I mean, I still found him to be a bit of a jerk, but he didn't annoy me as much a
Christine
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great book

This writer really writes with her whole emotions. This is the second book I got from her and to give my honest opinion on and I have to admit I can't wait to read more. This story is of a single mother having lots of family and friends but feels lost trying to just be a good mom she meets a man and after the lose of his daughter and marriage he feel just as lost to gather they balance each other and happy ever after. But boy does this story have lost of heart.
Nina
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet and poignant story written in the style of a Harlequin romance. Fast paced and enjoyable read.
HJ
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice romance without a lot of angst (a bit, but not overwhelmingly so).
Nita Ostroff
Jan 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well...I dont know too many women who would put up with this much bad behavior. She feels inadequate as a mom so he sets out to teacher her how to be a good mom. You know, because after all, his son died while he was taking care of him. This may have been written by a woman but it is only for the most self-loathing.
Tanja Glavnik
This one was occasionally all over the place and I felt like characters were way too quick to lay into the other for blaming someone or whatever, but I did like the happily ever after and the fact that there are second chances everywhere.

I did enjoy the afternoon read and might pick up another Blount book sometime.
Lynn Dolan
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start to the Heroes of New York series.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Among other things, it put the 9-11 attacks into a more personal level - how they affected New Yorkers. Cannot wait to read the next one in the series and the next book by Patty Blount.
Cynthia
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

This is as wonderful story about 2 people that find each other in quirky way. He is a paramedic for NYFD and she handles people portfolios. She takes his child CPR class, he can't take her eyes off her. Later they keep meeting in different accidents. Can it be fate.
Kahlan
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was just okay. Things progressed really fast between the two main characters and I didn't buy how fast they could fall for each other especially since there didn't seem to be much that would help develop their story. It kind of felt forced and didn't really feel it.
Mary Stockwell
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This is a really great book. It has a perfect balance of romance and intrigue. The characters are very believable and interesting .
Bookformymood
Uma treta...
Heather Kinsey
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A can't put down book

Once I started reading this I couldn't stop. Great story line. Terrific modern love story without a lot of mush. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
June
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story I read was actually called The Paramedic's Rescue.
Carol and Gary Curtis
Lovely story. Author's ability to create dialogue was excellent. Easy and quick story to read but definitely a grabbing experience. I may want more from this author someday.
Ayekah
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's not a typical read for me... having said that, I'm not sure what typical is, but the blurb sucked me in and I was hooked.
Tara is a single Mom, has a career which she does well at, and lost her Mother on 9/11. Reid Bennett is a paramedic with the NYFD, lost his brother in 9/11, lost his 3 year old daughter ( who is refuses to even talk about) and now divorced and has a huge chip on his shoulder along with some real anger problems. Tara struggles with being inadequate as a
Sue
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you believe in signs from the beyond? Kara and Reid do...

Kara and Reid have both suffered loss and it has affected how they live their lives today. Kara feels that she's never good enough, no one stays for her, and she is struggling to cope with life as a single mother. She seems to feel that she should be able to do everything on her own, and asking for help shows weakness. Most days she misses her mother so much it hurts. Reid has never fully moved on from his past tragedies either, and the
Elaine Fowler
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book was an unexpected and wonderful read. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
I couldn't put it down.
Three Chicks
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

Single mom Kara Larson is having a rough week. She can’t seem to get it together, in one week she manages to disrupt and Child CPR Class, lose her toddler daughter in a department store and ends up calling 911 when her daughter has trouble breathing and all of this is witnessed by hottie paramedic Reid Bennett who seems to have a few choice words for Kara.

After Reid Bennett can’t help but be attracted to Kara Larson but after he cuts her down for her parenting he’s the
Elaine
This is a great story with well developed characters, building on previous events but still robust enough to be read as a stand alone. I’ve enjoyed all the books I’ve read in this series and in the earlier series 'Christmas in New York' which included many of the same characters, each with an additional different focus. In this book that focus explores how childhood medical issues can impact on the child throughout their life and on how they interact with others.

Bree, Elena, Kara, Jade and Cassa
Angie
I received a copy of this story through NetGalley from Tule Publishing for an honest review (thank you!). This book is part of the Summer in New York series written by different authors. So far, I've read His Kiss by Jolyse Barnett and from what I can tell there is one more - His Love by Jennifer Gracen. These books are tied to another series written by the authors - Christmas in New York. These friends make appearances, but it's not a make/break situation to read this as a standalone. I am goin ...more
Emma
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
His Touch by Patty Blount
By Mrs. Emma Stuck on June 30, 2015
Format: Kindle Edition
His Touch by Patty Blount
When a surly paramedic finds Kara Larsen‘s lost toddler, only to berate her for failing to mind her child, Kara is embarrassed and relieved she’ll never have to deal with that jerk again. Doesn’t he know being a single mom is a lot harder than it looks?! But when baby Nadia has trouble breathing one night, Kara’s frantic 911 call brings that same jerk right to her door…

NYFD paramedic Reid B
Books and Spoons
Summer in New York series seems to continue where the winter in New York ended, where we were introduced Kara, and her friends. His Touch can be read as a stand alone novel, the previous history is well shared and explained in this story.
Kara is struggling with her single mom life. She is doing the balancing act with a baby and job and life. She feels insecure as a mother, she misses her own mother who dies at 9/11 attacks, she is tired, overwhelmed, and weary. And then she starts to run into Re
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my first experience with Ms. Blount's work, and I have to say it made a very good first impression. The story line pulled me right in, and had me so entranced that I ended up staying up into the wee hours of the morning just to finish it. Definitely worth the loss of sleep!!

Kara is a single mother who is struggling to juggle everything in her day to day life, as well as, being a single parent to a young toddler. She often wonders if she is doing what is best for her child and if she is
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Marrying His Best Friend (The McKinnon Brothers, #3)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The McKinnon Brothers, #1; Christmas in New York, #3)
  • His Love (The McKinnon Brothers, #2; Heroes of New York, #3)
  • Love in Dublin (The McKinnon Brothers, #4)
  • Holidays in Manhattan (The McKinnon Brothers, #5)
  • Uncover Me (Men of Inked, #4)
  • Amazing Grace (Hymns of the West #3)
  • Where You Least Expect (Thornehill Springs, #1)
  • Wedding Bands (River's Sigh B & B #1)
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • Luke's Gift (The Harlow Brothers, #2)
  • The Bride Wore Blue (The Brides of Bath, #1)
  • Judd's Vow (The Harlow Brothers #3)
  • My Sister's Secret: A Hot and Historical Regency Romance (Free and Fetching Ladies Book 1)
  • Tanner's Promise (The Harlow Brothers #1)
  • Dark Vow (Dark Saints MC Book 1)
  • Colt (Great Wolves Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Falling for the Ranger (Men of Marietta, #4)
Patty Blount grew up quiet and a bit invisible in Queens, NY, but found her voice in books. Today, she writes smart and strong characters willing to fight for what’s right. She’s the award-winning author of edgy, realistic, gut-wrenching contemporary and young adult romance. Still a bit introverted, she gets lost often, eats way too much chocolate, and tends to develop mad, passionate crushes on f ...more

Heroes of New York (3 books)
  • The Rebel's Redemption (Heroes of New York, #2)
  • His Love (The McKinnon Brothers, #2; Heroes of New York, #3)