Start by marking “Confessions Of a Wild Heart” as Want to Read:
Confessions Of a Wild Heart

Confessions Of a Wild Heart

US Army PFC Jase Emery, on leave in Germany, sees Ase Ramirez for the first time with a camera to his face. Ase’s wild child ways provide a welcome distraction for Jase. But their weekend of fun ends abruptly when Ase’s conservative family catches them. Through email, Ase and Jase are able to keep the link open. But that too comes to an end.

Jase was never able
Published July 20th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Confessions Of a Wild Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions Of a Wild Heart

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

In a single word, this one was FRUSTRATING!

Pull my hair out, stomp my feet, shake my head frustrating. And mostly it was at Ase. I just never found that guy likable. I didn't understand his decisions!

This one was set up in three parts. I really really liked part 1, where Jase and Ase meet in Munich and share a weekend together.....before they're caught by Ase's family.

And let me tell you what I think about Ase's family, and Jase's for that matter.

3.5 Stars!

In a single word, this one was FRUSTRATING!

Ruined the book for me. They were awful.

Part 2 of the book occurs 4 years later, where Ase and Jase find their way back to each other.

This part......EMOTIONALLY DRAINING!

The hate, the back and forth.....all of it. I was exhausted.

The reveals from Ase...(view spoiler)

By the time I got to part 3.....part of me didn't even care what happened. I'm too frustrated and exhausted to care. They spent 90% of the book apart. Not a fan.

So yeah, this was not my favorite Kade read. Still a fan though, this one just didn't work for me.
.Lili.
 photo jx6tvBEHSfQy_zpsa8w83rpp.gif

Confessions of a Wild Heart by Kade Boehme is the story of two men who are thrown together by fate.

photo image.jpg1_zpsntygj9n8.jpg

Jase comes from a small Texan town and is expected to follow in his parent's steps blindly. Unfortunately, what his heart wants is not what his parent's envision. He loves his family and wants nothing more than to make them happy, but at what cost to himself? While on duty he takes a brief leave to visit Germany and while there he meets Ase, a young man trying to get a small taste of freedom from
Kade Boehme
Jul 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-it
Wahoo! Ase & Jase are live! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0127TC...

Oops, I premature released ;)
Ele
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

This book consist of three parts. The first one is my favourite. Jase and Ase meet in Munich, during Jase's leave from the Army and Ase's visit to his uncles. The chemistry between them is off the charts and together they live a passionate weekend. Until they 're ripped apart, when Ase's family catches them.

I fell in love with Ase in this part. So passionate and full of life, bold and unbashed, he shows the reserved Jase what it feels to let go.

Four years fast forward and Ase is a/>I
Sandra
4.5 stars.

I was Kade's proof-reader/beta for this book. He has all the emails and texts cataloging my reactions to the story as the plot unfolds. I cried. I raged. I held my breath.

I rejoiced.

Both Jase and Ase have some serious issues. Young men when they first meet, they are torn apart by homophobia and violent acts.

Four years later, they get a second chance. I won't spoil this for you - just know that I think you should read this.

Whoever complained about Kade's last book being too fluffy
Diverse
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2015
I read a lot of books. I’ve read a lot of Kade Boehme’s books. This one has to be one of his best. Ase is layers upon layers. The depth Kade gives this character is breathtaking. Jase and Ase are not Prince Charmings and this story isn’t a typical fairytale. It’s gritty, heartbreaking, consuming, and profound.
This world is bigger than we give it credit for. There are things that happen out there, in the dark that we don’t realize. Jase and Ase are both on a journey. There’s shady times, there’s
Renée
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I adore Kade's writing, and this was no exception. The storyline is solid. LOVE the reunited lovers trope. But........there were a lot of editing issues. Especially toward the end. Many times where names were swapped for the other MC, and it really took me out of the scene. I wanted to give 3.5 because there were enough of those times to grate on me, but the writing was great, so I rounded up.
Jewel
Confessions of a Wild Heart is Kade Boehme's newest story and I really loved it. Both MC's are strong, on the outside, but they're both hiding in many ways and unsure of themselves. That vulnerability just drew me in and kept me engaged the whole way through the book.

Jase Emery is from a small town in Texas with a family that never seems to think he is good enough. Jase joined the Army to get money for college and to get away from his small town for a while to breathe, but after a couple tours in th
Gigi
Jul 13, 2015 marked it as back-burner-for-now
Shelves: mm-military
Cover-gasm! That's got "Natasha" written all over it!
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016
5+++ Beautiful - outstanding.
A heartwrenching story about two beautiful extremely strong man who survived life.
The way this book is written.... I'm in awe.
The story is so beautifully put together I only can express in extremes and hyperbole.
The locations, the personalities, the awful family issues all was so well woven together.
The timeline worked so very well. No hurry, exactly the time they need.
About 75% this story made me somewhat sad because I was waiting for
Felice Stevens
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What Can I say except Kade has written another heart wrenching beautiful story of love There is angst, humor and I can't decide who I love more, Ase or Jase so I will give them both all my hugs. I think this is his best yet!!
Alona
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Oh dear...
Let's start with what I loved about the book:
1. The cover! Beautiful!
2. The model on the cover... Yum!
3. The first 20% or so, of the book.

What I didn't like:
1. After the great start it just drag and drag and draaaggg.
2. I liked both MCs from the beginning, but they got on my nerves very shortly after that good start.
I could understand Jase's issues and I was also OK with Ase having secrets (not with Ase's secrets) as a story line, but t
Christi Snow
My Review:

How can you tell when a book is good? When you finish it and you have tears in your eyes and a smile on your face. This was that book for me. *happy sigh*

There is so much to love in this book. It's broken into three sections. The first is the moment the guys met and connected which covers about 24 hours in Munich, while they were both visiting. This section is sexy and fun and while it's obvious that both the guys have issues waiting for them at home, it's a swe
Bev

Jase and Ase...a complex story from one of my go-to authors. Bigoted parents (on both sides), a young man from a Latino background who was forced to do something by his family that was just...WRONG on so many levels, and a guy who came out of the Army and knew that he didn't want to go back to working on his parent's farm and being pressured to marry, and joined the police force...where surprisingly he was welcomed and not shunned.

This story was all about acceptance...Jase needing to come to t
Morningstar
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok first...just...wow!
Jase and Ase had some fantastic chemistry but also an almost instant connection between them. Even being from different cultures and different life paths there was a tangible link between them.

Ase just broke my heart. He was so full of life when we first meet him, so sure of himself.
I seriously loved these two, wanted to coddle them and smack them at the same time.

I don't want to say too much or give anything away because it's story best learned and felt by reading
Zane Kage
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
Best I've read from Kade Boehme yet! Loved this from start to finish, and now really, really, REALLY wanting Dustin to get his own story!
Aerin
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
By far this was Kade's best book to date. I loved previous books written is collaboration with other authors, but this was his baby, and I absolutely loved it! Too bad I couldn't give it a pure 5 star rating! 4.5 stars rounded to 5 seems like good enough, but I feel bad for it anyways, not to mention a slight feeling of disappointment. This book needed a little more editing! Most of the things weren't that bad, and it wasn't really worth mentioning, but once the characters' names got all mixed u ...more
Tina
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hurt-comfort, romance

3,5 stars

I liked this emotional, heartwarming and slightly angsty read. It’s beautifully told and I fell immediately for the MCs. Ase and Jase both have their own burdens zu carry, they are both so damaged.

The writing style is entertaining and the story is touching. Kade really reminded me that life can be bitter, it can be harsh and unfair, but at the same time he showed me that it's never too late to hope for a second chance.

I’m not native English/American a
Fatavia
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok so it's no secret that Kade is one author that I one click with out a second thought. Man oh man am I glad that I one clicked this beauty. Ase and Jase are the epitome of finding love in a hopeless place. From begining to the end, it was everything. The love, the pain, and not being able to live the life you want, just did something to me. This book took my heart and squeezed..... right up until the end!!! Pick up this book you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the getaway..
Brooklyn
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brooklyn by: Roger - president of NBR United -
Shelves: romance-mm
Wow! These two guys had horrible parents. I mean seriously horrible! But they had an instant bond. A connection that went beyond insta-lust. It was beautiful. Even though they had a lot of crap to wade through before they could move on to being together in love. Great story!
Valerie Degeorge
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Confessions of a Wild Heart is another brilliant story by Kade I'm really thinking this is my fav so far it's so emotional and at times it tears at my heart so much for everything these two had to go through. But again Kade gives us the perfect amount of angst and drama until our heart is happy again.

Jase is from a small town in Texas which he really hated and growing up with his father always telling him he wasn't man enough and being Bi Sexual in small town Texas was not something
Nikki
This book!
I'm a big fan of all of Kade's books, but this is his best work as far as I am concerned.
I loved the depth of these characters. Telling it in three parts really worked too. But oh my goodness the angst was strong in parts! There were times I wanted to slap some sense into these men, and yell at them both to just talk damn it!
Ase... Oh Ase, he had me swooning, then furious, then absolutely devastated. This is one character who will stay with me for a long time.
If I were to be absolu
Karlijn
There was passion, there was steamy sex, there was an connection, there was banter, there was LOVE, there was an asshole family and there were some good friends.

Yeah, I like it. Or no, I loved it. Jase and Ase. Good, better, best. Please give me more. They deserve more. They deserve a future, an bright future. With lots (like lots) of sex.
Heidi Ryan
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this story will rank up there as one of the best books by this author. The characters were so multi layered, so complex, it works on so many levels. I LOVED this book. From the first page to the last, I was glued to my kindle. I am a huge fan of this author's work, and I was not disappointed at all. This is a very well constructed story. The obstacles thrown in Ase and Jase's way made it so difficult for them to be their authentic selves. It broke my heart to think that if only these two ...more
Borderstar
I'm not really sure how to rate this - I guess it was enjoyable enough overall, but there were quite a few things that caught my attention while I was reading that niggled.

First of all - why on earth are their names Jase and Ase?! This was so confusing...especially towards the second half of the book where I noticed the editing seemed to get a little worse and sometimes their names were written wrong - so Jase was written when it was clearly Ase that was meant! Unnecessarily c
Pam Kay
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredibly amazing story about two young men with different backgrounds and hidden secrets that haunt them for years. The two meet while traveling in Munich, Germany. Jase is in the US Army with 6 months to go, then going back to college for his Criminal Justice degree, and Ase, staying with family while he studies photography and goes back into Med School. Their initial meeting was during a sightseeing trip, with Ase taking pictures of Jase, in a manner of stalking. When the trip en ...more
Shirley
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Confessions of a Wild Heart is broken into three sections. The first centers around a young Jase and Ase and their short whirlwind romance that ended in heartbreak.

As tough as the first section was, the second was in a way even harder. Jase was forced back to his family’s ranch. He had tried so hard to strike out on his own. To become his own person and live his life away from all the judgement and shame. He was loyal to his family though, regardless of their opinion of him. Then he
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
As usual the story starts off really well, and then somewhere in the 35% range it starts to drag. Like most K.Boehme books it deals heavily with closeted people. This was a bit over the top in certain areas. For one I'd like to read about two people who are out, open, and care free with their sexuality. I yearn for something like Trouble & the Wallflower to date it's my all time favorite by him. It gets a bit much to not roll your eyes that everyone has to be a martyr and make their family happy by no ...more
dbbks3
Kade! Kade! Kade! what you do to me? Emotional read. I love Ase and Jase. From the moment they met their chemistry was off the pages. Then you tore my heart out suffering with them. Jase's family was bad but Ase's family were criminal in their treatment of him. Their journey was not easy nor fast. They had to work at overcoming the psychic harm caused by their families. They had to work at being whole before they could ever think about being together. A journey for them. A journey for me the rea ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Off the Beaten Path
  • Go Tell It on the Mountains (Sugar Tree, #3)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Scars We Hide (Cadbury, #2)
  • When Skies Have Fallen
  • Sam and Derek: The Whole Story (Sam's Reluctant Submission, #1-4)
  • Bashed
  • Ex Equals
  • If I Should Stumble (Tork and Adam, #3)
  • Fourth and Long
  • Dominant Predator (The Borders War, #2)
  • Between Ghosts
  • Unexpected Rescue (Unexpected #1)
  • You Can See Me
  • Seen (Breaking Free #2)
  • The One for Me
  • New Beginnings: Abel's Journey (Healing Hearts, #2)
  • Siempre (Mi Familia, #1)
Kade Boehme is a southern boy without the charm, but all the sass. Currently residing in New York City, he lives off of ramen noodles and too much booze. He is the epitomy of dorkdom, only watching TV when Rachel Maddow or one of his sports teams is on. Most of his free time is spent dancing, arguing politics or with his nose in a book. He is also a hardcore Britney Spears fangirl and has an addic ...more
“Ase waved it off, even though his heart hammered in his chest, trying to fly out of his ribcage and jump down Jase’s throat to go stay with his heart forever and ever, amen.” 2 likes
“It was like every time they got together, just the two of them and that fancy camera, the whole world just got a little more colorful just for them.” 1 likes