Start by marking “Sinners & Saints (Sinners & Saints, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sinners & Saints (Sinners & Saints, #1)

Sinners & Saints (Sinners & Saints #1)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
“Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” – Oscar Wilde

Juliet

From the first moment I saw him, I knew he was it for me… even if he didn’t. The most beautiful boy I have ever seen has become my obsession and yet I am perfectly fine with it. I was born with a warm heart… but a strong one at that.

Scarlett

They call me a bitch; they say I’m cruel, vindictive,
Published June 30th 2015 by Chelsea Ballinger

To ask other readers questions about Sinners & Saints, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinners & Saints

Rock Chick by Kristen AshleyThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberRock Chick Revolution by Kristen AshleySame Old Truths by Delora DennisRock Chick Reckoning by Kristen Ashley
Badass and Sassy
212 books — 160 voters
The Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsGone Girl by Gillian FlynnMe Before You by Jojo MoyesThe Rosie Project by Graeme SimsionBig Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Best Beach Reads 2015
1,814 books — 2,386 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessi
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book kind of reminded me of Gossip Girl meets Cruel Intentions. A group of rich stuck up 20 year olds who see the world has a place to reek havoc and destroy the lives of people around them.

Hugo had a hard life growing up (despite being filthy rich). His mother and older brother both killed themselves and his twin is autistic. His father hates them and ships them off to a boarding house for the rich and trouble. Here he meets Scarlet - the most venomous of them all. Scarlet is full of hate
Michelle
*ARC provided by the author for an honest review*

OMG what a book why did it have 2 end like that noooooooo

This book had such a good story I enjoyed from the beginning I luvd the way it was written havin so many pov's can be a lil scary but it wasn't it was so good I luvd getting into al there heads especially Hugo an Juliet there r both amazing characters Hugo u can c that Ye he's arrogant a total smart ass manwhore sexy as hell an is totally under the thumb of the bitch of al bitches but I wil
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
A story that is every bit as troubled and disturbing as it is foul and alluring, this is one read that is heavy on the drama, the mean girls, and yet, it draws you in and you can't help but be fascinated by it and drawn into the life and angst of the main characters.

Set in an almost fantasy world of the rich, spoiled, and elite, this is one read that will be sure to capture your attention, mess with your mind, and leave you guessing, cringing, and thoroughly disgusted in all the right ways.

With
Deborah
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Addictive and entertaining read but beware it ends on a huge cliffhanger

I struggled at first with this book, well I struggled with Scarlett to be exact she's a poisonous evil bitch and it seems silly now after I've finished the book but I thought it would be difficult reading about a character with absolutely no redeeming features at all, how wrong was I.
This book opens at the funeral of Gabriel Mandrake and with Scarlett's POV, Scarlett introduces herself:
'I love to do bad things and I never cr
✿kawehi.reviews
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
☆ I received an RC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

This book was very diverse and crafted with so many layers to each character within the plot.

I will admit, that I usually don't like books with a couple different POV's, since its a tad overwhelming and unneeded at times, but this one kept things fleshed out and interesting.

I really enjoyed the differing dynamics of Hugo. Scarlet, and Juliet.

Hugo, despite his prestigious upbringing and background, has always had a
Hannah
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults in summer time!
Plot: I love a rich teenager novel! The plot in the story is slightly complicated but very quickly you pick up the direction in which the plot is flowing. The story starts with the new girl Juliet moving to a ‘boarding house’ where she is staying with several other kids of the same class over the summer and moving into the semester. Juliet moves in with 5 other young adults who are largely ‘bad’ people however as the story goes on we see all their backgrounds and points of view and find out why ...more
Portia Lynn (itsportiasbooks)
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review! Thank you!

Let me ask you a question: Did you like Cruel Intentions? How about Gossip Girl? If the answer to either of these is yes, then this book is for you!

In the beginning of the book, I was worried there was a good chance I was going to not like it so much. Only because I dont normally like the snotty, rich bitch, socialite, full of themselves type characters, or the settings they reside in. Which is weird, because I do
Sleepy
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"LET'S KILL THE BITCH!!"

I received this book by the author in exchange for an honest review...

Ok, it took me longer than expected to finish this book not gonna lie took me a bit to fully get into but I did have distraction, but after I got into it I couldn't put this book down...

Scarlet is a heartless manipulative bitch! And Chad is a nasty perverted asshole

Hugo just stole my heart he was an asshole but he was an asshole with a heart no matter how much he tried to block it out.

Juliet was intere
Roxanne
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Expect a lot of drama, suspense, mind games and all round debauchery.

Hugo has experienced a lot of tragedy in his life. First his mother’s suicide, then his brother Gabriel commits suicide. Hugo feels responsible for his twin brother, August who is autistic. His father is cold and distant.

Hugo meets Scarlett in his teens and she manipulates him. He turns into this heartless man whore. Scarlett is pure evil. I wasn’t sure if
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

“He doesn’t say anymore. He just reaches for me, sliding his hand around my neck and kissing me. Thunder and lightning appear. This might be an omen, but again...I don’t care”

4 stars. This book was interesting to say the least. Totally different than most books I read, but that’s not a bad thing at all!!!

Juliet

Paula  Phillips
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it

Sinners and Saints starts off at a funeral for Gabriel Mandrake. At the funeral, we meet Scarlett , whom seems a twisted sort. The remaining Mandrake boys are now down to two twins Hugo and August . August is autistic which made me , though he wasn't exactly a main part of the story made me love his character - possibly because I have experience with siblings etc with autism . As I got reading deeper into the story it had a Cruel Intentions feel to it - you know the movie that stars Ryan Phillip
Srishti
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4. 5 STARS
Jordan Bates
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sinners & Saints by Chelsea Ballinger
Purchased: Received a copy from author in exchange for honest review
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Spoilers!

What's it all about?
You may think that this book is like Gossip Girl, but you’re all wrong. Jordana, Poppy, Cody, Scarlett, and of course, Hugo, may seems like the typical rich kids, but what makes them better is that they tell it like it is. Their lives had been lived with drugs, sex, and manipulation, but when Juliet enters their lives everything starts t
Ash Exclusive
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS AREN'T ENOUGH!!!
Dear Ms.Chelsea Ballinger,
I am extremely intrigued by your brilliant writing style. I had never read any of your books before and now I want to read them all. You have turned me into your fan with Sinners and Saints!
Thank you so so so much for writing such a fine piece of sin :P

Formalities aside:

I EFFING LOVE THIS BOOK! <3 <3
This book was just MINDBLOWING!!!
WHAT I HAD EXPECTED WHEN I GOT THE BOOK:
Bad boy with a dark past finding true love (yada yada yada).
Lo
Suleika Santana -All About Books
Loved it! I have read a few titles by this author and this one is definitely my favorite so far. It was very different in a good way and unique.
So many emotions, the story might make you cry or at least tear up. There is a scene that is so sad that it made me shed a few tears. Hugo is sharing a big secret about something that happened with August and it was something that was a bit shocking and super sad.
I loved that we see both sides of Hugo, the bad side and the side when he changes. We kind
Juli Faulkner
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! This book totally takes you in surprising directions!! In the very beginning, Chelsea casts that line that pulls you straight into the story! The three main characters are complex and will intrigue you from the very beginning. Hugo.....swoon, but he's an unemotional, cold, dangerous manwhore and under the seductive spell of Scarlett, evil temptress, narcissistic, and treacherous sociopath. Juliet, has demons of her own, but is fun, enjoys life, not shy, not afraid of a challenge and is quic ...more
Violet
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-e-e-p-e-r-s
Vile and Wondrous.
What a unexpected pleasure it was to discover this book!
Thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm just exhausted. Heck,it's 4am! But all the choices I made,The sleep I sacrificed, the 6 hours I lay sprawled,tucked into my comforter, Only getting up to eat some salty crisps-Diet?Wha...Who Diet?- Well. The extra pound I am sure to gain, the decreased life expectancy, my tearful goodbye to my nonexistent grandkids when I'm forty... It was Well.Worth.It.
I received no ARC, (would have loved to t
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
If Melrose Place and Cruel Intentions had a baby it would be this book. Holy hell, I didn't know what I was really getting into when I was reading this but I was pulled in and swallowed up whole by this story. Lies, deception, sex and drugs. I mean this book right here could be a primetime soap opera.

With its multifaceted characters and POVS, Sinners and Saints has the makings of a truly epic series. Yes, I said series. There's so much to this story that it's not all wrapped up with a bow in jus
Michell Hall casper
Scarlett is a puppet master when it comes to people. She has a way with people weather it be using her looks, sex, drugs, money to get what she wants. She has a way with manipulating people to benefit her and she loves to destroy people just for the fun of it. The worst she destroys you the better she feels. Your biggest mistake is to trust her and never ever cross her.

Ms. Eleanor runs a house where the rich kids go when their parents don't have time for them and want them out of the way. So wha
Ryley (Ryley Reads)

Thank you to the author for providing me with an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Hmm. Well, this book was definitely different. I've never seen such a poisonous and twisted person. Scarlett is the epitome of a sociopath. She has no feelings, just an immense hate for everyone who crosses her.

For the most part I enjoyed this book, I felt like there wasn't much plot to move it forward in probably the first 3/4 of the book. The last little bit bu
Darla
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i was asked to do this review and THIS BOOK IS AWESOME it is not intended for people under sixteen due to the sexual ,physical, and mental context however it is about Hugo who sees his mother commit suicide his brother commits suicide (or does he) his other brother has autism his father is an unloveable person who only thinks of his money and the girl scarlet literally turns Hugo into a hardcore a$$ selfish man whore who doesnt give a shit about any other person then he meets a girl who turns hi ...more
Raneem Aloufi
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"We hurt the ones we love before they get to hurt us first."
I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved how Juliet didn't give up on Hugo and wanted him to be better, and most importantly I loved that she DID make him better.
I might shed a tear or two when I read this:
"Juliet who is now looking at me in that way that makes me feel like I'm worth something good. Something more."
Also, I loved how August was Hugo's number one priority. true brotherhood here!
BUT don't get me started with Scarlet
Samantha
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think Chelsea has something really great happening here. I love her style of writing and the amazing detail she goes through to really put a clear picture in my head about what is happening while we follow these unfortunately fortunate characters as they struggle through life.

I only rated it two stars because I was asked to give a completely honest review. I didn't care for the topic or the story itself. I know many people will love it and I hope it becomes a best seller, but I will not be fa
Rita
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
first: THANK YOU CHELSEA.
~ about the book ~
yes yes! rich teenagers? yes, please! i love this! it reminds me when i was a teen, i was obsessed with gossip girl, 90210 beverly hills, one three hill, the lying game, and many more.
the characters are so well developed! i HATE scarlett (evil heartless bitch uhuhuhuh), but i love juliet and hugo.
i really really really enjoyed this one :3 AND NOW I NEED MORE!
Crystal
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was mind blowing the characters were unbelievable i have never hated a character as much as i hate Scarlett she is the definition of evil i loved Juliet from the beginning and i loved Hugo as well Cody,Jordana,Poppy,Ms.Eleanore and August was great even though they were a out there and eccentric they were a family and i loved that can't wait to read book two hope Scarlett gets her just do.
Heather
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review*

Wow!!! This book was freaking amazing! So much dirty, naughty fun. A bad boy, a reformed bad girl and a bitch... all imperfect but so lovable in their own way. Every word of this book was perfect. Chelsea Ballinger sure knows how to write a story that'll pull you in from page one. If you haven't read something by her, read this. You'll be a fan for life!!!
Sandra
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for an honest review and BRAVO, Chelsea! She never disappoints! Sinners and Saints was an excellent read. The premise of the book was intriguing, the multiple viewpoints kept you in the dark about what really happened in the past. When the fog cleared it was like, "Whoa! I wasn't expecting that!!" Thanks for another great story!!
Andrea Renee Smith
This book is incredible. I have not read anything
like it before. It is not for the faint at heart. It has
sexual scenes as well as disturbing and mental scenes. It is
written very well and keeps your attention.
Thank You Chelsea for showing us something
different.
Karima chermiti
This book is on fire. The story is engaging, breathtaking and alluring. The nature of the book is dark and twisted and dangerous. The characters are diverse, well structured, unique in their own way and full of depth and emotional weight. They’re neither flat nor superficial. They are complicated and captivating and so deliciously layered that I did not want the book to end.
The most prominent idea that kept floating inside my head is that this book is cruel intentions meets gossip girl meets my
Blue
Feb 21, 2017 marked it as notforme-previewed
The writing itself seemed quite good, however the story line was just too dark for me.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Where I Belong
  • Mates, Dates: The Secret Story (Mates, Dates)
  • Moonlight Madness (Circle of Destiny, #2)
  • The Count's Last Mistress
  • The Rail Queen
  • One Delicate Night
  • Puck Bunny
  • Dealing With The Duchess
  • Severed Colours (Colour Wielders, #2)
  • Rise of Memphis - January Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 1)
  • Madame's Double Life
  • Threads of Joy
  • Flawed Perfection (Beautifully Flawed, #1)
  • Soldiers of the Craft: The Rebirth (Soldiers of the Craft, #1)
  • The Bastard's Blade: A Medieval Fantasy Romance
  • The Daughter of an Earl
  • Enchanted Revenge (Empyrean Chronicles, #1)
  • Genesis (XII Saga, #1)
Chelsea Ballinger has been creating stories in her mind since she was a old enough to know how to walk, talk, and dream. She graduated from Kentucky State University with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and a Minor in Human Services. She loves films, music, books, and good people. Now Chelsea focuses on living her life in Chicago with her family and continuing her passion for writing great storie ...more
More about Chelsea Ballinger

Sinners & Saints (2 books)
  • Reckless Karma (Sinners & Saints, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Us women, no matter how crude we are with one another,we must always remember that we have two enemies in common.”
The three of us look at each other confused, then back at Ms. Eleanor waiting for her to answer.
“Men,” she sighs, still staring off. “And old age.”
3 likes