Start by marking “Angels & Whiskey (Saddles & Racks, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angels & Whiskey (Saddles & Racks, #1)

Angels & Whiskey (Saddles & Racks #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  1,001 Ratings  ·  216 Reviews
Whiskey, women and sleepless nights…

United States Army Captain Gabriel Hastings knew he would always follow in his grandfather’s footsteps. Serving his country was his destiny.

Until he fell in love…

When Gabe’s love affair is cut short, he turns to whiskey for comfort and swears he will never fall in love again.

Until he bumps into an unexpected angel…

By all appearances, Au
Published (first published March 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Angels & Whiskey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels & Whiskey

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Two thumbs up
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Smokin’ HOT
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: Enjoyed!
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Guy finds right girl, but she’s taken
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Gabe

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
One thing I love about this author is she takes the time to develop her characters and give them depth. The backstory just really sets the stage for everything to come. I also really enjoyed I didn’t see all the twist coming.

For a full
Kimberly
Oct 28, 2014 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for you all to meet Gabe!
Michelle
Angels & Whiskey starts off with a flash the past. The moment Gabe’s first love is taken from him, the moment when Autumn meets her future husband... the story that all leads to a broken man finding a way to move on and a woman who found a reason to save herself.

When Gabe moved to Vegas as a male escort he had no idea the woman he bumped into at the coffee shop was going to change his life. Unable to get her out of his head, he soon becomes entranced into her world. As Autumn realizes that h
Sarah Armstrong
Mar 01, 2015 Sarah Armstrong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
***ARC gifted to leave an honest review***

Kimberly Knight did an outstanding job on this book, first of all Angels & Whiskey was not the book I thought it was going to be. It was so much more. I love the title, as you read you'll learn the significance of Angel & whiskey

We first meet Gabe, a captain in the army, & during one event in Afghanistan, his life is destroyed. He drowns himself in women & whiskey in LA where he lives with his best friend Paul. He relocated to Las Vegas
Fre06 Begum
Feb 21, 2016 Fre06 Begum rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fan of hero loving another woman before heroine.
Jan
Feb 02, 2017 Jan rated it really liked it
4 Angel stars

I finished Angels & Whisky with a happy sigh.

An insta love story.

While Gabes journey to finding love again is about moving forward and overcoming his nightmares which is heartfelt, Autumn's journey is about facing her present living nightmare.

The characters:
I was instantly pulled into Gabes story, a man in love serving In Afghanistan with only 6 months remaining of his service. In one night his reason for looking forward to his future vanished.

Autumn was married to a control
K3
Nov 17, 2014 K3 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 4.5 star review for Angels & Whiskey by Kimberly Knight
Summary:
Gabriel Hastings is living his dream. Serving his country is something that he was destined to do. Following in his grandfather’s footsteps, he is a United States Army Captain and loving it. What Gabe wasn’t expecting was to fall in love and the last thing he expected was his relationship to be cut short.
What’s a man to do? Well he turns to whiskey to drown out his sorrow and numb the pain making a promise to himself and his h
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I have been reading Kimberly Knight since she released her first book a few years ago now and I love that her books are not just fluffy romance novels.

Angels and Whiskey is no exception. Yes, it is a romance at the core, but there is so much more going on with her characters, Gabe and Autumn.

I adored Gabe right from the prologue. Yes, he is sexy alpha, but there is heart and hurt beneath all the alpha.

Autumn is so srong. What she has gone through, is going throug
A Klue
Monica Cardoza
Dec 22, 2015 Monica Cardoza rated it really liked it
Miracles do happen and love is a feeling that can be reborn with the right person.

Gabe and Autumn are two characters that deserved true love. Gabe is a man that lost the love of his life in the line of duty. There was not supposed to be any shooting but when they got on site it turned into chaos. Now as for Autumn she was a married and it was a happy one when they were newlyweds but then all that changed from one day to another. He was a very controlling husband that did not allow her to work an
Jessica Alcazar
***Things are not always what they seem***

United States Army Captain Gabriel Hastings is living the life he always wanted to live. He's serving his country and loving every minute of it. There's nothing else he needs out of life. This is his destiny, his purpose...

Autumn Jones has the perfect life. Perfect that is, if you're looking from the outside in. She has the beautiful home and the loving husband who wants nothing more than to give her a family...

The story begins in the past, for both Au
Cheryl
Mar 10, 2015 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review for Angels and Whiskey by Kimberly Knight

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Autumn Jones is stuck in an abusive marriage. She thought she found her happily ever after but she was very wrong. After she married Rich he suddenly became controlling and abusive. He was also a shady businessman.

Out for coffee with her friend on afternoon, she runs into a gorgeous stranger named Gabe. They have an immediate connection to each other.

Gabe is an ex Army Captain who has survived on whisk
Jackie  Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd
Advanced Copy Courtesy of Netgalley....:)

I will be honest, when I requested the book from Netgalley, I did not even read the blurb.....reason being I love this author, therefore I knew I would love this book....

Upon starting it I began to get a little nervous as certain red flags started going up of things I usually avoid when reading a book. However the author did such a great job with writing this, that those certain things did not even matter in the end.

We first met Gabe when he is a solider
Talk Books To Me
Mar 05, 2015 Talk Books To Me rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That blurb grabbed my attention immediately and thanks to Netgalley for the advanced copy. I sat myself down on a snow day and read this whole book in one sitting. Everything about Angels & Whiskey just "works", from the plot to these character's I was sucked into an all day read-athon.

Gabe, oh you sweet Alpha-male of goodness, was the perfect knight and shining armor that Autumn needed. After being married for three years into an abusive marriage she was plotting her escape route when a ha
nicole agosto
Feb 22, 2015 nicole agosto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kimberly Knight has done it one again, Angles & Whisky is definitely a must read! I was lucky enough to receive this book as an ARC and couldn't put it down. You can feel the attraction between Gabe and Autumn radiate as you turn the pages, I totally recommend this book!!! My only complaint is that it is going to be a stand alone.
Leisa Prater
Jul 25, 2015 Leisa Prater rated it really liked it
great story.....I think angels are real!!!
Heather
Jul 13, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
I loved that this story was about two people finding each other, helping each other and removing each other's past demons. All too often authors only write about one main characters having a troubled past when in reality two people are often drawn to each other because they are so similar which often means the other person will likely also have a back story and baggage that they bring to a relationship.

Immediately the author drew me in, the prologue was absolutely heart breaking in describing wh
Romance
Mar 05, 2015 Romance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, oh dear lord this book!!!!!

It has EVERYTHING!!! Love, loss, lust, hate, anger, compassion, tears, laughs, and the hottest sex I have read. I'm sorry but when you read...

"How do you want it?" I asked.
She pulled her head back.
"What?" She blushed.
"Aw, it's no time to get bashful. We're gonna fuck now. How do you want it? Hard or slow?"

Lines like that get your attention. You know the man is good and will please you and you have to know what else he does. I will say, he does some spectacul
T.A. McKay
Mar 06, 2015 T.A. McKay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copy from netgalley

Well what can I say....Kimberly Knight has done it again!

I loved this story! It gave me everything I could want in a story...sexiness, drama, angst, hotness, mystery, tears.....and some heart breaking events that made me want to hold a certain character!
The story is based around a chance encounter, a fateful meeting that changed the life of two people showing that no matter how bad life is, no matter how much you think your future is mapped out, that things can change for th
Nikki Reeves
Apr 02, 2015 Nikki Reeves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The attraction between Gabe and Autumn is amazing. At times I didn’t know how things would turn out and I was literally on the edge of my seat waiting to find out.

The book is told through both Gabe and Autumn’s POVs. When the book starts I literally had tears in my eyes. It broke my heart and I wanted to hug Gabe so hard. But then it goes to several years later and Gabe has found a different way to forget his past. I don’t do spoilers so you will have to read to see w
Diane
Mar 01, 2015 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

In my opinion, this book is well deserving of 5 Stars and many, many more. I love that it didn't have a cliffhanger and that the story was wrapped up quite nicely with the ending being just that ... an "ending". Gabe was..well he was Holy Hotness propped up on two legs. Alpha male military guys are what fantasies are made of. Am I right? However, he didn't come without his own emotional demons to overcome. Autumn aka Angel was battling a war of h
Nikki Costello
Nov 11, 2014 Nikki Costello rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.
I have been a fan of Kimberly's writing for a couple of years now and this book was no different I fell for Gabe from the first page. He's a Captain in the Army and whilst serving in Afghanistan he suffers a personal tragedy the only way he knows how to cope is through a bottle of Whiskey. That is until he literally bumps into Autumn a couple of years later after leaving the Army and moving to Vega
Cody Smith-Candelaria
This is my introduction to Kimberly Knight's writing and it's been great!!! This book looks at the lives of Gabe and Autumn, how they get to be where they are in this moment, how they find each other and how they build from there. Both characters have endured a great deal and are struggling to find their way again, to find themselves again and maybe in the end to find love and happiness. Excellent character development and a story that progresses naturally. It's filled with emotions and written ...more
Jos
Sep 11, 2015 Jos rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars

Finished this a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. I have to say I went in without reading reviews so I was shocked to say the least when I read what he did as a job, lol.....wow didn't see that coming, lol. I think THAT distracted me from their actual storyline just a bit. The storyline/timeline namely, itself, progressed pretty quickly and I wasn't complaining, sometimes I need a nice fast paced read instead of a slow burn.

The twist was very interesting and once that came o
Jennifer G.
This was a really good book. I enjoyed all the characters.

The story was like one you hear everyday. Rich was one character that I did not care for, actually hated him, lol

I just loved Autumn, she was so sweet, sincere, honest, loving, and innocent until she didn't have to be.
Of course Gabe and Paul were awesome. I just fell in love with Gabe. I adore him.

Gabe was a life saving, love making, heart swelling, kind of guy. He is another favorite of mine.

Everything always happens for a reason, and i
Ashley
Nov 11, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*

What a great standalone! What these two characters went through to get where they ended up was really an amazing story! They both came from such dark places and to find the light in both of them was beautiful! And if I needed another reminder how this author an write some smokin' hot sex scenes, this was it! Whoa!

Looking forward to whats next from this amazing author!
Audrey Harte
Nov 06, 2014 Audrey Harte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this latest book by Kimberly Knight! It's my favorite one of hers to date! It was easy to get caught up in the story of Gabe and Autumn. I can't imagine being trapped into an abusive relationship with no way to get free. Thoroughly enjoyed the read and am looking forward to Paul's story! ;)
Sarah Queen
Jan 02, 2015 Sarah Queen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!!
Shari Kay
Feb 22, 2016 Shari Kay marked it as no-thank-you
Badass Bloggettes
Mar 17, 2015 Badass Bloggettes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Kimberly Knight has been writing for a few years now but this is the first time I’ve had the pleasure to read one of her books. The synopsis piqued my interest right away and made me want to find out more about Autumn and Gabe.

The book is organized with a prologue, the meat of the story and an epilogue. I’ll happily admit that the prologue tugged at my heart strings and brought a tear to my eye then pulled me into the story hard enough that I couldn’t but my Kindle down.

Capt. Gabe Has
  • If Only We Knew (My Best Friend #5)
  • Rapture
  • Committed To You (Coventon Campus #2)
  • Wolf and Prejudice: 50 Loving States, Alaska (The Alaska Princesses Trilogy #2)
  • A Wrong Turn Towards Love
  • Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters, #1)
  • GianMarco (Blood Brothers, # 1)
  • Love is...
  • Casualties of Love
  • Just Once
  • First Annual BDSM Writers Con Anthology
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Hybrid (The Healer Series, #2)
  • Exposure (Curio, #6)
  • Maybe Baby
  • Sunday
  • Red Sun
  • Touch (Pagano Family, #2)
Kimberly Knight is an USA Today Bestselling Author that lives in the mountains near a lake with her loving husband and spoiled cat, Precious. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her favorite reality TV shows, watching the San Francisco Giants win World Series and the San Jose Sharks kick butt.

She's also a two time desmoid tumor/cancer fighter that's made her stronger and an inspiration to her
More about Kimberly Knight...

Saddles & Racks (3 books)
  • Tequila & Lace (Saddles & Racks, #2)
  • Champagne & Handcuffs (Saddles & Racks, #3)

“Yes, please.” You know you go to Starbucks too much when they know your name and order by heart.” 0 likes
“I’m going to love the shit out of you. We may fight, bicker, slam doors, even want to strangle each other sometimes, but I will never lay a hand on you to hurt you.” 0 likes