Start by marking “A Season to Wed: Three Winter Love Stories” as Want to Read:
A Season to Wed: Three Winter Love Stories

A Season to Wed: Three Winter Love Stories

(A Year of Weddings 2 #1-3)

Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk

Sometimes the road to happiness is paved with youthful mistakes.

Ten years after what she thought was her almost-wedding, Hope Prentiss discovers that the c
Published November 3rd 2015 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about A Season to Wed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Season to Wed

Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
If you like wintry weddings… if you like stories that revolve around the people who make weddings possible … if you like sweet and sometimes sassy romance, A Season to Wed is a great novella collection for you! All three authors – Cindy Kirk, Rachel Hauck, and Cheryl Wyatt – vividly bring their characters and settings to life, and each story points unequivocally to the Author who IS the very definition of Love. A perfect way to spend a chilly Spring evening!

Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk -
Rachel
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk - In my opinion, there are so many ways this novella could have gone and would have been better if the story had been done differently. The premise of the story - two kids go to get married right out of high school but she has doubts and backs out before they even leave the building but not before they've gone through the ceremony and signed the paper. Now, 10 years later, they find out that they are still legally married.

Hope and John have had limited con
Lisa Johnson
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: A Season to Wed (Three Winter Love Stories)
Author: Rachel Hauck, Cindy Kirk, Cheryl Wyatt
Pages: 336
Year: 2015
Publisher: Zondervan
My rating is 5 stars.
Love at Mistletoe Inn
In this novella a wonderful, single, elderly woman named Verna has in her heart adopted two people, Hope and John. Verna is my favorite character because of her love, no nonsense yet gentle approach and giving heart. In the tale two, young, impulsive teenagers make an adult decision to marry in a different state now meet
Sarah Ruut
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Three sweet stories of those who help create perfect weddings finding love of their own.

'Love at Mistletoe Inn' begins with an intriguing premise: a young couple who thought they had called off their wedding learn that they were indeed legally married. This sets up all kinds of possibilities!

Unfortunately, I found these characters hard to relate to, and their actions and decisions awkward. It was a cute story that will likely appeal more to some, but it was my least favorite of the set.

'A Brush
Leah
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Overall, this collection was all right. I really liked the first story, Love at Mistletoe Inn . That was a cute story, but I was surprised that it took the main characters so long to figure out what was going on. This story got 4 stars. I didn't like the second story, A Brush with Love . This story got 2 stars. The only thing I liked about this story was the ending. The last story, Serving Up a Sweetheart , was okay. This story got 3 stars. The main character, Meadow, was, at times, too annoying ...more
Cheryl Baranski
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for my honest review.
A wonderful collection of stories by three very talented writers. Rachel Hauck, Cindy Kirk and Cheryl Wyatt all spin a wonderful love story for you to read and enjoy. All three storied with different sets of circumstances will have you glued to you seat as you devour this most wonderful book. Be sure to order your copy today. 4 stars!
Andrea
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three VERY good, sweet romantic stories full of faith, love, and forgiveness. Make sure to have tissues handy. You will need them.
First, there is the wedding that wasn't legal, or was it? Ten years later, Hope and John find out the truth of their young romance. A beautiful story with lots of heart.
Next, there is the story of Ginger. She is scarred inside and out by a fire at age twelve. She overcomes it to become a successful "beauty maker" and salon owner when her high-school crush comes back
Barb Eck
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from a contest at Goodreads. I can definitely recommend all three stories in this book. They are all good, clean stories with the theme of forgiveness in all of them.

Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk has Hope Prentiss discovering her wedding of 10 years ago is valid. Then the "groom", John Burke, returns to town, and Cindy helps him plan a Christmas wedding. While they are working together, she begins to wonder if their marriage should be dissolved.

A Brush with Love by Ra
Trish
Jan 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like to indulge in a few cheesy romances around Christmastime, and I grabbed this on sale. Sadly, it was quite lousy and barely worth skimming through. Warning: mild spoilers ahead

The first story was the worst: the set-up was just implausible, and then the weird consummation? (We don't want to be married and haven't seen one another in years, but let's fall into bed now so that we can't simply have the marriage annulled!) And a charming family member is actually plotting a whole wedding for yo
Kathy Dobyns
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scars always show the owner

I liked this story. It was a self reflection. There was a lot more to it than just on old passion coming back to life. “A Brush With Love” was a story about a lady named Ginger, and she had a visitor come to her beauty shop for a haircut. He was the first love of her life. It opened up many doors she thought she had closed and barred.
This was a very clean story for older teens onward..
Jenni
Feb 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: won-in-giveaway
DNF
I won this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

Somehow I missed the part about these being Christian Fiction when I entered the giveaway. I don't usually like Christian Fiction because I find it a bit preachy. I read all of Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk and actually enjoyed it, but I couldn't get into the other two Stories.
Chrissy
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Different from the first series, but still good :)
Liz Michaels
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
The first story 4, the second DNF, the third 3
Megan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet soft read.
Pam Marcola Duff
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun collection of short sweet stories
Mackenzie
Amy
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from BookLook Bloggers

4/5 Love at Mistletoe Inn

Hope has sworn off love ever since her quick marriage that ended almost as soon as it happened or so she thought. While she is with her friend at a Boise Bridal Extravaganza, she finds out that even though her marriage was never recorded she still could be married.
Her ex, John, left town after their “failed” marriage and graduation but has decided to return and put down roots.
I thought the writing style was enjoyable and never fel
Victor Gentile
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Hauck, Cindy Kirk and Cheryl Wyatt in their new book “A Season to Wed” Book One in the Year Of Weddings Novella Collection series published by Zondervan takes us into the lives of Hope Prentiss, Ginger Winters and Meadow Larson.

From The Back Cover: They’ve helped orchestrate the perfect day for countless couples. Now twelve new couples will find themselves in the wedding spotlight in the second Year of Weddings novella collection.

Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk

Sometimes the road to ha
Paula Shreckhise
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Wrong edition . It was really large print and I couldn't change it!
Pretty good liked the last one best.
Paula Shreckhise
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the last one best by Cheryl Wyatt.. cute story about catering. Rachel second favorite about scars you can see and ones you can't.
Deana Dick
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love books like this where you get the chance to read different authors.The book was a treat to read and I found each story to be very well written.

In Love At Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk we are introduced to Hope and John. They were young and so in love, How many remember your real first love? You didn't think you could live without. It didn't seem to bother Hope and John that they were young as they said I do that day. After all the papers were never sent off to be legalized. so they walked a
Katrina Epperson
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of three novellas by three very talented authors. These stories give you a look at weddings from different perspectives. When I think of a wedding it's usually just about the ceremony, but as we all know it's more involved than that. We will meet a young woman who helps run a successful wedding/reception venue, a stylist, and lastly a caterer. These stories bring humor, love and romance, but they also bring a wonderful message that stayed with me even after I close ...more
Amy
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two of the authors in the books were new to me, Cheryl Wyatt and Cindy Kirk. I had already read a book by Rachel before and really enjoyed it, so I was very excited to be reading this book. I have grown to love novellas because I can usually finish each story in a days time. They are engaging and yet pretty straight to the point, not alot of unnecessary detail, and just enough to keep you interested in what is happening. I loved each story. I don't even know if I really have a favorite. They wer ...more
Just Commonly
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Do you like Hallmark TV movies or books about weddings? I do. There's just something about wedding stories that brings out the sweetness of love. With A Season to Wed, it's not only about boy meets girl and they get married in the winter and live happily ever after. All three stories touched on realistic struggles.

In Love at Mistletoe Inn, second chances and having faith for God and in each other brings about understanding between Hope and John. Verna, both of their's adoptive mother's gentle m
Whitney
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

A Season to Wed contains three sweet winter love stories: Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk, A Brush with Love by Rachel Hauck, and Serving Up a Sweetheart by Cheryl Wyatt. Each of the stories is about recovery, redemption, and romance. The female main characters are women who all play significant parts in weddings, but always from the outside, never their own. I love reading romance collections!

My favorite of the bunch was Love at Mistletoe Inn
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

A Season to Wed is a collection of three short stories by authors Cindy Kirk, Rachel Hauck and Cheryl Wyatt.

"Love at Mistletoe Inn" by Cindy Kirk. Hope Prentiss and John Burke decide to have a quick wedding when they were 18, but when Hope her mind, they both go their separate ways and forget about the wedding, like it never happened. The years later, Hope finds out they are still married.

"A Brush with Love" by Rachel Hauck Ginger Winters’s specialty is making ladies be
Sydney
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk

After a slightly confusing introduction to the story and after a few pages of reading, I grasped the concept that and cute story idea of two young people, Hope and John, falling in love and having a shotgun wedding. But after being apart for ten years and believing that their marriage was not valid, when in reality it was, this changes everything. Although the storyline had great promise, I felt like the relationship between Hope and John was a bit forced. I di
Debbie
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
"A Season To Wed" is a collection of three winter love stories and they are all wonderful. They will cause your heart to want to fall in love again.
"Love at Mistletoe Inn" by Cindy Kirk is the first story in the book and though I like the story, the book wasn't my idea of a Christian story, yes it was clean, I thought some parts might be considered a little much for a Christian romance. Yes, I would recommend this book and say it is a clean read but the other two stories are definitely Christia
Katie W
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy to review through SLB Tours in exchange for an honest review*

I always enjoy a cute anthology and this collection is sweet. Each story has a woman who was shunned for one reason or another in high school. Each one grows up into a strong, successful woman, but they each still feels scars from the past and must overcome those hurts and move on.

Love at Mistletoe Inn tells the story of a young couple who eloped on a whim and almost immediately regretted it. Ten years later, they fi
Pam
“A Season to Wed” is a collection of three romantic novellas with winter settings. Each novella was penned by a different author and the plots are not related. However each book has similarities. In each story, the heroine encounters a man who meant something to her in the past but for one reason or another, their relationship ended. Each of these couples find themselves with a second chance at love. I thoroughly enjoyed each of the three stories. If romance is your genre, you won’t want to miss ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Winter Brides: A Year of Weddings Novella Collection
  • A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding, #4)
  • Kiss the Bride: Three Summer Love Stories
  • Her One and Only (Porter Family, #4)
  • A July Bride (A Year of Weddings, #8)
  • Autumn Brides: A Year of Weddings Novella Collection
  • Serving Up a Sweetheart: A February Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #3)
  • All Dressed Up in Love: A March Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #4)
  • Picture Perfect Love: A June Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #7)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • For Better or For Worse
  • Bluegrass Hero (Kentucky Corners, #1)
  • Sunrise on the Battery
  • Keep Holding On (Walker Family, #3)
  • Buried
  • London Tides (MacDonald Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Never a Bridesmaid: A May Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #6)
Cindy Kirk is a lifelong Nebraska resident who started writing after taking a class at a local community college. But her interest in the written word started years before when she was in her teens. At sixteen she wrote in her diary, “I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t be a writer.”

Not until her daughter was heading off to college did Cindy return to her first love---writing. Unlike some w

A Year of Weddings 2 (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Love at Mistletoe Inn: A December Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings 2, #1)
  • A Brush with Love: A January Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings 2, #2)
  • In Tune With Love: An April Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #5)
  • Never a Bridesmaid: A May Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #6)
  • Picture Perfect Love: A June Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #7)
  • I Hope You Dance: A July Wedding Story
  • Love on a Deadline: An August Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #9)
  • Love Takes the Cake: A September Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #10)