Start by marking “Bloodmoon (The Scarlet Star Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodmoon (The Scarlet Star Trilogy #2)

Read Book

Bloodmoon

(The Scarlet Star Trilogy #2)

A Bloodmoon is rising…

With Fell Falls put firmly behind him, Tonmerion Hark has only one desire: to make his way east and once again feel the soil of his Empire under his boots.

But blood has been spilt. Machinations of the powerful foiled. Scores have been scraped in the desert sand and now they must be settled. A new power is growing in London, and it pines for revenge.
Paperback, First, 422 pages
Published July 24th 2015 by BenGalley.com

To ask other readers questions about Bloodmoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodmoon

Start your review of Bloodmoon (The Scarlet Star Trilogy #2)
kartik narayanan
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Bloodmoon is a step down from Bloodrush.

The world building, which gripped my imagination, in the first book, is now familiar and hence, not a stand out feature. I had mentioned in my review of Bloodrush that Ben Galley needed to focus on the story and characters in subsequent books as world building could take you only so far. Welp, in that respect, Bloodmoon is only average.

There were three separate threads and, of these, the machinations in London were the most interesting. And this speaks a
Stephen C
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It started with Bloodrush...(and what a rush that was #sorrynotsorry) and rising from the ashes life must go on! I was a little excited for this book, I'd been looking forward to it since the end of Bloodrush and now I have post Bloodmoon blues.

The cover is beautifully errie....If you didn't get that blood would be a part of the book from the titles, then the cover sure goes a long way to fix that, seeped in shades of reds, with the great big moon rising up...oh wait could that be the
Abbe
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I like this follow up to Bloodrush a lot. Ben Galley picked up the story without missing a beat and took us down the dust and dangerous trail that Merion Hark, and his entourage travel on their way back to the Empire. Again, the characters are dimensional and interesting and their relationships drove the story.

I am looking forward to what happens next.
Travis Peck
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the first book, Bloodrush, and this one was really good as well. Started a little slow for me, and with crucial mysteries revealed already in the last book, it fell a tad short of Bloodrush. It was still a great story and if you liked/loved Bloodrush, you'd be a fool not to continue right on to Bloodfeud--which is what I'm going to do...right now...leave me alone so I can read it!
Kieran Double
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novel suffers from middle child syndrome. Parts of it feel like it's prepping for the end of the trilogy. That's not bad, though, because I'm really looking forward to reading the next novel.

What really stands to this series is the world-building. I'm beginning to realise I have a hankering for alternative history worlds. Benjamin Disraeli is re-imagined as Bremar Dizali, and Queen Victoria is the apparently immortal Queen Victorious. Russia is Rosiya. My personal example for this is
Eric Evans
Something got lost somewhere for me. The story didn't match up to Bloodrush. Certainly a great way to get a look at different rushers by adding a circus. Nothing fantastic here hoping the conclusion is better.
Joy Cronje
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read,especially because I now know the characters. I did, at stages, want to skip paragraphs to get to the meat of the story.
Erin Durnell
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Left Me Anxious For the Finale

Galley has crafted an intricate and truly original fantasy world in this series. This is a strong second installment.
The series takes place in a Magick filled 19th century, and is truly immersive. The character development is well written from all angles, and the new elements of the fantasy aspect are as original as you would expect from this upcoming author. The story was beautifully written, and I cannot wait for the release of book 3.
Nick Macnamara
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well crafted

The world that the series is based in is a very well crafted, semi alternate history. The magic system is both unique and comfortably easy to understand. Ben is a fantastic author, and I have enjoyed all of his work so far. I look forward to more.
Daniel Stevens
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so eager to see what Tomerion and his mish mash of a family were going to get up to. And I was not disappointed. Full of intrigue.
Robin Leysen
great series, slow start, good ending.
James
May 05, 2016
Nick Reys
Jul 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • Soulbinder (Spellslinger, #4)
  • Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger, #6)
  • Queenslayer (Spellslinger #5)
  • Cold Iron (Masters & Mages, #1)
  • Dark Forge (Masters & Mages, #2)
  • Spark City (Spark City Cycle, #1)
  • Fallen (Alex Verus, #10)
  • A Little Hatred (The Age of Madness, #1)
  • Charmcaster (Spellslinger #3)
  • Bounty of Blades: A Cultivation Novel (The Adept Archives: Book 2)
  • Never Die
  • Kingdom of Bones (The Echoes Saga, #5)
  • Necropolis (The Necromancer Thanatography, #1)
  • A Mark of Kings (The Shattered Reigns #1)
  • Aching God (Iconoclasts, #1)
  • King's Reign (Xander King #4)
Ben Galley is an author of dark and epic fantasy books who currently hails from Victoria, Canada. Since publishing his debut Emaneska Series, Ben has released a range of epic and dark fantasy novels, including the award-winning weird western Bloodrush and standalone novel The Heart of Stone. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Chasing Graves Trilogy.

When he isn’t conjuring up strange

The Scarlet Star Trilogy (3 books)
  • Bloodrush (The Scarlet Star Trilogy, #1)
  • Bloodfeud (The Scarlet Star Trilogy #3)